23%, 53% Want To Secede

man up then and pick up your gun. 'course lots of folks are gonna shoot back atcha.
quit being such pussies and looking for a "justification" that doesn't exist. If you think it's right, then just do it already and stfu

So why don't you clarify what those laws are exactly? Nixon said he had a plan to get us out of Vietnam, did that mean he had one? Where are these laws? What are they?

Ever heard of the the 14th amendment? That equal protection clause conservatives hate with a passion is all the legal justification the government needs to drag any breakaway state back to the union. States cannot take any action that removes any US citizen from the protection of the US constitution.

Wow, that's awful. You should argue with a Republican about that.
Dumbass.

Dumbass? You mean like calling a libertarian a Republican over and over because you are too stupid to know the difference? You mean dumb ass in that way or a different one?
Whatever it is you call yourself you are still a dumbass. Gave you the answer why secession is legally impossible and you come back splitting hairs over what you think you should be called, dumbass.

Why would i want to debate you if you don't know what my views are? There is no point in that. If you're interested in debating a libertarian, I'm here. If you want to debate Republicans, which you keep telling me you want to do, then do that. I don't care. But if you want to debate me, you have to address my views. Non negotiable.

I think Republicans suck too, so why don't you defend their views? Why do I have to find a Republican when I can assign it to you?

That's a great quote from Jefferson. It's one the "TP Patriots" like to quote a lot.

It was said by Jefferson when he was in Paris when a lil thing going on here (well, it was sort of a big thing) stirred up the countryside,

It was called Shay's Rebellion. You recall it from your history books?

So you don't grasp the difference between a rebellion against a State and a State seceding from the Union? LOL, I'm sure you don't...
I'm pretty sure you didn't grasp the importance Shay's rebellion had on those Founders minds who were at the Constitutional Convention, or the all important "blood of tyrants" Jefferson quote so fondly bandied about by the "Patriot" crowd, or the punctuating quote from Sam Adams I left with. (all of which you excised from my post without noting you had snipped it...)

In fact, the more I read of your posts, the more I am convinced you don't grasp much of anything very well.

Ever heard of the the 14th amendment? That equal protection clause conservatives hate with a passion is all the legal justification the government needs to drag any breakaway state back to the union. States cannot take any action that removes any US citizen from the protection of the US constitution.

Dumbass.

Dumbass? You mean like calling a libertarian a Republican over and over because you are too stupid to know the difference? You mean dumb ass in that way or a different one?
Whatever it is you call yourself you are still a dumbass. Gave you the answer why secession is legally impossible and you come back splitting hairs over what you think you should be called, dumbass.

Why would i want to debate you if you don't know what my views are? There is no point in that. If you're interested in debating a libertarian, I'm here. If you want to debate Republicans, which you keep telling me you want to do, then do that. I don't care. But if you want to debate me, you have to address my views. Non negotiable.

I think Republicans suck too, so why don't you defend their views? Why do I have to find a Republican when I can assign it to you?
I don't care if you ever say another word to me, and that's the truth. Get back on topic or bugger off.

Just heard this- that 23% of Americans and 53% if tee potties answered yes to the question of 'would they like to secede from the union?'

A poster here recently asked 'why, if Scotland can vote to secede, why can't Americans?'

People say they want to secede but don't even know what US laws concerning secession.

Comments?

Would you vote to secede?

Why or why not?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatal

There is no US law regarding secession. Lincoln was wrong. The Federal government operates from the consent of the governed. A people who don't consent cannot be governed by the Federal government.

Texas v. White

Also, too, See: Civil War, 1861-1865.

The Lincoln cult members never fail to quote the opinion handed down by Lincoln's hand picked stooges on the Supreme Court that supports Lincoln's crimes.

20 States I believe have passed affirmations of sovereignty in some form.

Unprecedented since 1860
lol.

A CNN report about conservative states flipping their collective rebel wigs upon Obama taking office....Your whoop-de-fucking-do youtube from not long after Obama was first inaugurated and states saying "we be sov'ren" amounts to all of that bug splatter which was on your big pickup truck windshield, bubba.

Un-press-your dent.

Something historic happened. You betcha!

Just heard this- that 23% of Americans and 53% if tee potties answered yes to the question of 'would they like to secede from the union?'

A poster here recently asked 'why, if Scotland can vote to secede, why can't Americans?'

People say they want to secede but don't even know what US laws concerning secession.

Comments?

Why or why not?

There is no US law regarding secession. Lincoln was wrong. The Federal government operates from the consent of the governed. A people who don't consent cannot be governed by the Federal government.

Texas v. White

The Lincoln cult members never fail to quote the opinion handed down by Lincoln's hand picked stooges on the Supreme Court that supports Lincoln's crimes.
Don't you have a KKK meeting you have to be attending?

Here's a conservative man, hand picked by your conservative president...who will tell conservatives

Aw...Scalia There Is No Right to Secede 8211 New York- Law Blog

Supreme Court Justice Scalia: "If there was any constitutional issue resolved by the Civil War, it is that there is no right to secede."

Scalia-Turkewitz-Letter-763174.jpg

He was "hand-picked" and all!

That's a great quote from Jefferson. It's one the "TP Patriots" like to quote a lot.

It was said by Jefferson when he was in Paris when a lil thing going on here (well, it was sort of a big thing) stirred up the countryside,

So you don't grasp the difference between a rebellion against a State and a State seceding from the Union? LOL, I'm sure you don't...
I'm pretty sure you didn't grasp the importance Shay's rebellion had on those Founders minds who were at the Constitutional Convention, or the all important "blood of tyrants" Jefferson quote so fondly bandied about by the "Patriot" crowd, or the punctuating quote from Sam Adams I left with. (all of which you excised from my post without noting you had snipped it...)

In fact, the more I read of your posts, the more I am convinced you don't grasp much of anything very well.

No, I don't grasp the inherent truth of liberalism.

Your great intelligence sadly does not include basic logic. I did not argue Shay's rebellion was not important, I said it's not the same as a State seceding from the Union. Which is why I said, it's not the same as a State seceding from the Union. Clever trick there, eh?

Dumbass.

I don't care if you ever say another word to me, and that's the truth. Get back on topic or bugger off.

Why would you care? When I post anything, your reply always starts out that you think I am a Republican. If you figure out what my views actually are and address them rather than your wanting to argue with John Boehner it would be a lot more interesting. In the mean time, you can contemplate the great political paradox to liberals. I'm not a liberal, and I'm not a Republican. At the same time. OOOOhhhhh, blows your fucking mind, doesn't it?

Comments?

Why or why not?

Texas v. White

Maybe it's next door to your Communist Party of America meeting. Would that be a hoot or what?

Your great intelligence sadly does not include basic logic. I did not argue Shay's rebellion was not important, I said it's not the same as a State seceding from the Union. Which is why I said, it's not the same as a State seceding from the Union. Clever trick there, eh?
So you made a completely irrelevant point from the post you were quoting from and had little else to contribute to the whole. I see. Any more irrelevancies you want to share with the class?

So you made a completely irrelevant point from the post you were quoting from and had little else to contribute to the whole. I see. Any more irrelevancies you want to share with the class?

Every post with you is an irrelevancy.

Care to answer the actual question, I asked what "laws" said States cannot succeed.

You've been pompous, bitchy, and hot winded, but you haven't answered the question.

Comments?

Why or why not?

Texas v. White

Maybe it's next door to your Communist Party of America meeting. Would that be a hoot or what?
I've never posted anything that remotely could be concluded I would be interested. In fact, I have been a capitalist for over 25 years, and come from a long line of capitalists.

Meanwhile, bripat (and we go way back) has a rich history (and anyone can mine his posts) of white supremacy related posts. Don't believe me? Go mining.

Care to answer the actual question, I asked what "laws" said States cannot succeed.

You've been pompous, bitchy, and hot winded, but you haven't answered the question.
Asked and answered. Bitch.

And you ??? -- calling people pompous?

:rofl:

Sweetie pie

pot_kettle.jpg

Fuck the United States and it's stupid union. I'd rather be poor and destitute than a slave to this illegal, incompetent government whether it be ran by criminals from the right or left. We'll enjoy watching it burn from a distance.

Why would you care? When I post anything, your reply always starts out that you think I am a Republican. If you figure out what my views actually are and address them rather than your wanting to argue with John Boehner it would be a lot more interesting. In the mean time, you can contemplate the great political paradox to liberals. I'm not a liberal, and I'm not a Republican. At the same time. OOOOhhhhh, blows your fucking mind, doesn't it?
You should feel flattered by my comments, I despise libertarians worst of all and think they are non committal political cowards who will never develop a consensus amongst themselves, much less gain a popular following. Most of you are basement dwelling neckbeards with no girlfriend or any friends for that matter and have no capacity to think about anyone other than yourselves and what a magnificent individualist you are for refusing to play well with others.

Texas v. White

I've never posted anything that remotely could be concluded I would be interested. In fact, I have been a capitalist for over 25 years, and come from a long line of capitalists.

Meanwhile, bripat (and we go way back) has a rich history (and anyone can mine his posts) of white supremacy related posts. Don't believe me? Go mining.

You sure hate capitalism for a capitalist

Asked and answered. Bitch.

And you ??? -- calling people pompous?

:rofl:

Sweetie pie

pot_kettle.jpg

LOL, asked and answered. You mean not answered and evaded.

What do all these have in common? Shay's rebellion, Texas v. White, The Civil War.

None of them ... are laws ...

Forum List

Back