A challenge to ALL of you whining about P. Dean's firing

Sorry Desperado, maybe it's because whites weren't slaves in America, or maybe it's because whites never where we're never shamed/disgraced by the Jim Crow laws, or maybe it's because whites usually don't have to worry about their skin color when interviewing, etc...

Whatever the reason, there is no derogatory word I can think of (describing a white) on par with n**ger describing a black. It's in a class of its own in America; "cracker", "honky", etc do not carry the same historical baggage and therefore is much, MUCH less (and problematic when used) as a slur.

You are fully aware of this, I'm sure.

Don't play dumb.

It's 2013, not 1865. You need to get with the times.
1865?
In the 60's blacks couldn't vote, sit in certain areas to eat, had to degrade themselves by giving up a seat to whites etc etc.....perhaps you heard of the civil rights fight...that was a byproduct of this country having fucking slaves....HERE. yes things are better buy don't say its something from the 1800's. Luckily old bigots ate dying off and I pray for the future here but there are plenty of racist people who were taught how to be racist by their parents who remember the good ol days.

But still, why was this self made, formerly poor white lady fired for using a word that blacks use quite boldly, on t.v. in movies, in front of other whites? One white man got fired for using the word "niggardly", link below.

http://www.adversity.net/special/niggardly.htm

Last edited:
Sorry Desperado, maybe it's because whites weren't slaves in America, or maybe it's because whites never where we're never shamed/disgraced by the Jim Crow laws, or maybe it's because whites usually don't have to worry about their skin color when interviewing, etc...

Whatever the reason, there is no derogatory word I can think of (describing a white) on par with n**ger describing a black. It's in a class of its own in America; "cracker", "honky", etc do not carry the same historical baggage and therefore is much, MUCH less significant (and problematic when used) as a slur.

You are fully aware of this, I'm sure.

Don't play dumb.

Not understanding your point.

Racism is still alive and well in 2013.

Sure it is.......all over the world......by all races. Here in the US, it is nothing like it was even when I was a kid in the 60's. Times have changed. No black alive today in America has ever been a slave of a white person. No white person alive today in America has ever been an owner of a black slave. Of course we don't want to forget our past, but we also don't want to live in our past. What may have happened to a black person's parents, grandparents or great grandparents isn't what is happening to them today. We do have a black president. We do have black gongressmen, governors, mayors, business executives, college presidents, etc. Do you think the racism that exists in 2013 is anything like it was even 50 to 100 years ago? Even the SCOTUS recognized yesterday when they struck down section 4 of the Voting Rights Act that things have changed over the last 50 years to the point that the section is no longer needed.

It's time for blacks to quit teaching their children to be offended over a word just as much as it's time for whites to quit teaching their children that people of a darker color are inferior to them. It's 2013.

Right... and if a word is bad, than it is bad for all races.
Otherwise it is just hypocritical bs

Again, a childish view

Blacks are allowed to use the term ****** and whites aren't

Bullshit! Anyone is "allowed" to use any word they want. Being black doesn't give you a pass on whether or not using the word ****** is offensive. It either is or it isn't.

I don't like it when blacks use the word, however there is a specific historical connotation that comes into play when whites - specifically - use the word to describe blacks.

In my opinion, it's more offensive when a white uses the word (in a derogatory way) vs a black using the the word as a greeting.

But as I mention, I wish the blacks would just drop the word all together. Keeping it alive and well - given the history of the word - seems incredibly stupid to me.

I'm new to this horseshit spectacle, first thread but I suspect she's no Democrat..

In fact... it looks like just another Democrat, "Throw the Senior Citizen off the Cliff, so we can legally steal their money" thing.

She's a democrat, an Obama supporter, and one of the celebrity props for the Obama's - having Michelle on her cooking show.

And they talked politics the whole time, right?
Because that's all "political" people (or in this case their spouses) do, 24 hours a day, seven days a week because they're one-dimensional.
Just like the internets.
And as everybody knows, political figures don't deal with food. They don't even eat.

:cuckoo:

Last edited:
Again, a childish view

Blacks are allowed to use the term ****** and whites aren't

Bullshit! Anyone is "allowed" to use any word they want. Being black doesn't give you a pass on whether or not using the word ****** is offensive. It either is or it isn't.

When you deal with children you teach them that there are good words and there are bad words. Children are taught that they should not use bad words. It makes things easier

With adults, we expect them to learn the social nuances of speech and that some words are acceptable in some circumstances and unacceptable in others

Blacks are allowed to use the "N-word" whites are not

Once again, your'e full of bullshit. People like you will give blacks a pass on using a derogatory, offensive term that you will crucify a white person for using. It's childish and a double standard. Why are liberals so filled with white guilt and moral equivocacy? If it's a bad word, it's a bad word. If one person shouldn't use it, no person should use it.

1865?
In the 60's blacks couldn't vote, sit in certain areas to eat, had to degrade themselves by giving up a seat to whites etc etc.....perhaps you heard of the civil rights fight...that was a byproduct of this country having fucking slaves....HERE. yes things are better buy don't say its something from the 1800's. Luckily old bigots ate dying off and I pray for the future here but there are plenty of racist people who were taught how to be racist by their parents who remember the good ol days.

But still, why was this self made, formerly poor white lady fired for using a word that blacks use quite boldly, on t.v. in movies, in front of other whites? One white man got fired for using the word "niggardly", link below.

White Washington DC Staffer Let Go for Using 'Niggardly'!

-- a Scandinavian-derived word that isn't even linguistically related. This teacher got in trouble for the same kind of bullshit.

People just love to play dumb rather than face facts. It's less work. Or so they believe.

When you deal with children you teach them that there are good words and there are bad words. Children are taught that they should not use bad words. It makes things easier

With adults, we expect them to learn the social nuances of speech and that some words are acceptable in some circumstances and unacceptable in others

Once again, your'e full of bullshit. People like you will give blacks a pass on using a derogatory, offensive term that you will crucify a white person for using. It's childish and a double standard. Why are liberals so filled with white guilt and moral equivocacy? If it's a bad word, it's a bad word. If one person shouldn't use it, no person should use it.

::whooosh:: again.

He's describing the way things are -- not laying down a law.
Duh?

1865?

-- a Scandinavian-derived word that isn't even linguistically related. This teacher got in trouble for the same kind of bullshit.

People just love to play dumb rather than face facts. It's less work. Or so they believe.

That was his point. Niggardly has nothing to do with the term ******.......but it didn't stop him from being crucified for using a word that sounded like it to the angst crowd.

I'm new to this horseshit spectacle, first thread but I suspect she's no Democrat..

In fact... it looks like just another Democrat, "Throw the Senior Citizen off the Cliff, so we can legally steal their money" thing.

She's a democrat, an Obama supporter, and one of the celebrity props for the Obama's - having Michelle on her cooking show.

And they talked politics the whole time, right?
Because that's all "political" people (or in this case their spouses) do, 24 hours a day, seven days a week because they're one-dimensional.
Just like the internets.
And as everybody knows, political figures don't deal with food. They don't even eat.

:cuckoo:

No, they talked cooking, stupid.

It's a cooking show.

Deen is a typical celebrity - a far left, out of touch, moron.

-- then why did you dehumanize them into one-dimensional political figures?
Cooking is not politics. Has nothing to do with politics. Everybody eats. Yet you go out of your way to dredge up a political angle where none exists.

You are one dense-ass dimbulb motherfucker. Can't be surprised the sarcasm sailed over your head.

Last edited:

::whooosh:: again.

He's describing the way things are -- not laying down a law.
Duh?

He's defending a double standard.......but then, he is a liberal, so..........

Sorry, never experienced that (as a white male) in a significant way in my entire life.

"Racism" has never been a barrier for me... You (assuming you're white as well)?

Anti-White racism is a significant barrier to my children, who have been denied jobs and college admission because of their race.

Come to California and go into a Mexican area, if you want to experience some first hand racism. I've had restaurants tell me they don't serve whites. (Los Alcapolco - not the chain - Home Gardens, outside of Riverside.) The Jack in the Box on Chino Hills Pkwy is pretty open about their "no whites served" policy as well.

That was his point. Niggardly has nothing to do with the term ******.......but it didn't stop him from being crucified for using a word that sounded like it to the angst crowd.

Uh- yeah I know. That was my point as well. We live in a PC-crippled society. If that were not the case, none of us would have heard of Paula Deen. At least I wouldn't.

Last edited:
Sorry, never experienced that (as a white male) in a significant way in my entire life.

"Racism" has never been a barrier for me... You (assuming you're white as well)?

Anti-White racism is a significant barrier to my children, who have been denied jobs and college admission because of their race.

Come to California and go into a Mexican area, if you want to experience some first hand racism. I've had restaurants tell me they don't serve whites. (Los Alcapolco - not the chain - Home Gardens, outside of Riverside.) The Jack in the Box on Chino Hills Pkwy is pretty open about their "no whites served" policy as well.

I don't condone that deplorable behavior, but these are tiny pockets in America. The overwhelming majority of America is white-friendly, especially when it comes to the business place.

And give me a break - if your kids are smart and white they're gonna have no problem getting into a decent college. I don't buy that racism is going to "hold them back".

Did the college explicitly say they were denied due to the need for blacks, or did you make that assumption yourself?

Don't mean to offend you or deny your experiences, just think you're being overly dramatic.

Last edited:

I don't condone that deplorable behavior, but these are tiny pockets in America. The overwhelming majority of America is white-friendly, especially when it comes to the business place.

And give me a break - if your kids are smart and white they're gonna have no problem getting into a decent college. I don't buy that racism is going to "hold them back".

Did the college explicitly say they were denied due to the need for blacks, or did you make that assumption yourself?

Don't mean to offend you or deny your experiences, just think you're being overly dramatic.

I deny that racism is holding anyone back

I can tell you I've been turned down for two jobs because of AA. Just sayin'...

Forum List

Back