A gift for Mac1958: The origins of Political Correctness

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
This is the real problem with PC. It is not worrying about a stupid remark about the size of a person's hands.

I agree!

Trump's embarrassing, juvenile behavior is not about PC for me. It's about the leading candidate for a major national party acting in a way unbecoming of the Leader of the Free World.

PC is the cynical, intellectually dishonest and (in my opinion) un-American manipulation of the language for control, intimidation and political advantage.

Two different things indeed.

I agree!

Trump's embarrassing, juvenile behavior is not about PC for me. It's about the leading candidate for a major national party acting in a way unbecoming of the Leader of the Free World.

PC is the cynical, intellectually dishonest and (in my opinion) un-American manipulation of the language for control, intimidation and political advantage.

The problem is that by dwelling on a juvenile comment, as you call it, we are distracted from the real purpose of PC. Focusing on stupid remarks is a distraction a deflection, it is PC to condemn Trump for not being PC. He is a rich blue collar guy who talks rough, just like the majority of Americans. And for now, the majority of America do not give a crap.

We can not let the narrative be corrupted to being about a slightly crude remark and away from real concerns, like Mrs. Tuzla Clinton's overt lying. Or Benghazi, you know, that place that really did matter but PC would have none of it. PC covers for things like the failure and lying at Benghazi. PC uses things like the size of a man's member to hide behind.

Think about it. PC rails about slavery but the only people who get blamed by PC are white Americans, the same people who ENDED the practice.

I agree!

you mean not intentionally insulting people or making them feel "other" (and no, i'm not talking about the extremes on either side)

I agree!

you mean not intentionally insulting people or making them feel "other" (and no, i'm not talking about the extremes on either side)
In a way. If something is said maliciously and with intent, that's different from just voicing an opinion and having some hypersensitive individual make a big deal out of it to make a point.

At the same time, I've never said that Trump should be punished for his behavior. It's embarrassing, and that's as far as I take it. That's it.

The beauty (well, one of them) of freedom of expression is that it points out the crazies, loud and clear. I want to know who they are, what they're thinking, where they are, and (perhaps most importantly) who agrees with them.

That's why I'm so maniacal about PC. It goes directly opposite to that.

I agree!

In a way. If something is said maliciously and with intent, that's different from just voicing an opinion and having some hypersensitive individual make a big deal out of it to make a point.

At the same time, I've never said that Trump should be punished for his behavior. It's embarrassing, and that's as far as I take it. That's it.

The beauty (well, one of them) of freedom of expression is that it points out the crazies, loud and clear. I want to know who they are, what they're thinking, where they are, and (perhaps most importantly) who agrees with them.

i don't think anyone has said he should be censored. but the more people said he shouldn't comport himself that way, the more his angry minions supported him. that speaks not to an anti-PC feeling but an intentional thuggishness in wanting to isolate others. thing is, the flip side of trump's right to run his big mouth is the right of others' to point out that he's scum for saying the things he does. that's our right to free speech.

i think the silly season type of stuff like people needing therapy because someone wrote trump for president in chalk is something we can agree goes beyond any desire for fairness.

I agree!

i don't think anyone has said he should be censored. but the more people said he shouldn't comport himself that way, the more his angry minions supported him. that speaks not to an anti-PC feeling but an intentional thuggishness in wanting to isolate others. thing is, the flip side of trump's right to run his big mouth is the right of others' to point out that he's scum for saying the things he does. that's our right to free speech.

i think the silly season type of stuff like people needing therapy because someone wrote trump for president in chalk is something we can agree goes beyond any desire for fairness.
I have sit in the nearly empty Griffith Stadium when Ted Williams would come to DC to play ball. You could hear the players talking on the field and they were never PC. Williams would come to bat, turn to the Senators dugout and proclaim loudly, "My name is Teddy Fucking Ballgame and I'm the best hitter in baseball." Dizzy Dean, who also made similar claims while pitching for the Cardinals, would say to reporters who chastised him for bragging, would say, "If you can do it, it ain't braggin'." Trump talks the same way. He's right and it's his right.

I agree!

But repeatedly lying to the American people is okay? Boffing interns in the White House is okay? Allowing millions of illegals to flood into the country murdering, raping American citizens is okay?

I agree!

But repeatedly lying to the American people is okay? Boffing interns in the White House is okay? Allowing millions of illegals to flood into the country murdering, raping American citizens is okay?
I'm not sure what you mean. I'm not saying, nor would I ever say, that he can't do what he's doing.

Fortunately, I don't have to vote for him.

I agree!

I have sit in the nearly empty Griffith Stadium when Ted Williams would come to DC to play ball. You could hear the players talking on the field and they were never PC. Williams would come to bat, turn to the Senators dugout and proclaim loudly, "My name is Teddy Fucking Ballgame and I'm the best hitter in baseball." Dizzy Dean, who also made similar claims while pitching for the Cardinals, would say to reporters who chastised him for bragging, would say, "If you can do it, it ain't braggin'." Trump talks the same way. He's right and it's his right.

well, i think it's classless, but that isn't what we're talking about.

I agree!

you mean like trump lies?

I agree!

I'm not sure what you mean. I'm not saying, nor would I ever say, that he can't do what he's doing.

Fortunately, I don't have to vote for him.

I'm pointing out that Democrat and Republican establishment candidates suck so bad that Trump can hardly be any worse. I guarantee one thing if an establishment candidate is elected it WILL be business as usual in Washington e.g. corruption and get mine screw the country.

Political correctness nothing but pretending that certain people have right to be NOT insulted.

In other words a totally stupid concept, promoted by pathetic semi-humans who have no valid arguments to support their position and certainly don't have the spine to ignore stuff they consider insulting.

One person's honest belief is the greatest insult to a dishonest person.

I can't speak for others, but for me, call me anything you like. I will not be offended. I will take into consideration the person/place the insult came from. I dismiss them by saying in a cool and calm manner: "I have been called worse than that by better people than you".

Try it. It will calm your emotions. It will set your mind to do better things than worrying about historical wrongs that have long been corrected, or worrying about words that a half-mature 12 year old would not get upset about.

The alternate is displaying your immaturity and overly sensitive character that does not tolerate anything or anybody except those who sing your tune. It will prove that you prefer the shit the likes of Al Sharpton throws your way to what your mind tells you.

Is it PC to ridicule Trump and Cruz for their anti Muslim rhetoric? Is Obama not running around screaming about Islam due to PC?
He's ordering more leaflets to be dropped and bowing to leaders over there................Nice place Libya now that the MAN OBAMA came to save the day..................

He is a JOKE.

I agree!

Oh that's brilliant lib /sarcasm /eyeroll lol

Political correctness nothing but pretending that certain people have right to be NOT insulted.

In other words a totally stupid concept, promoted by pathetic semi-humans who have no valid arguments to support their position and certainly don't have the spine to ignore stuff they consider insulting.

One person's honest belief is the greatest insult to a dishonest person.

I can't speak for others, but for me, call me anything you like. I will not be offended. I will take into consideration the person/place the insult came from. I dismiss them by saying in a cool and calm manner: "I have been called worse than that by better people than you".

Try it. It will calm your emotions. It will set your mind to do better things than worrying about historical wrongs that have long been corrected, or worrying about words that a half-mature 12 year old would not get upset about.

The alternate is displaying your immaturity and overly sensitive character that does not tolerate anything or anybody except those who sing your tune. It will prove that you prefer the shit the likes of Al Sharpton throws your way to what your mind tells you.

Can you name some USMB members who get offended by words?

I agree!

it's what your idiocy deserved.

just saying.

I agree!

it's what your idiocy deserved.

just saying.
Hillary is LEGEND in the ART of LYING,................Perhaps they should study together................

DUCK...............whew that was close...........sniper fire..............

Forum List

Back