A gift for Mac1958: The origins of Political Correctness

You do realize there is a difference between calling someone out and (a) trying to get them fired, (b) trying to damage their career in some other way, and (c) trying to stop them from speaking in public, don't you?

Do you see even the tiniest distinction there?
Who's free to say what they want at work? Do you think I should be able to keep my job if I'm telling all the customers that Christian's suck?

Who's stopping anyone from speaking in public?
You've gotta be kidding me.

So now you don't see the distinction between a business owner protecting his business and a person expressing themselves outside of work.

And you can't think of any examples of people trying to stop others from speaking in public.

Holy crap.

Did you not bring up the work place? Let's see, why yes you did.
Here, let me help.

Scroll up a bit to Post 51. There you'll find my long and expanding list of honest liberals who admit that PC has gone too far.

All the examples you'll ever need. Calm, topical, thoughtful insight from honest liberals.

Something tells me you won't read a word.

I'd rather you explain what you're talking about without the links. The PC police is an imaginary police force in your head. You're free to say what you want, but there's no guarantee there will be no consequences....there never has been.
Yep, I didn't expect you to read any of those articles by honest liberals.

Including President Obama.

I guess it's all in HIS head, too.

We have reached a familiar point in this discussion. This is when Mac fails to provide examples of any law or police action that denies anyone the right to say that which he or she wishes. He will point to a couple of cases where assholes got canned for being assholes......and customers or the general public let his or her boss know that they were being assholes.

Mac wants people to allow assholes to be assholes....so he can identify them. Mac thinks the gay couple should just find another baker. Mac thinks it's cool for elected officials to suggest that muzzies need extra eyeballs. Don't want to be mean to those assholes. That's not nice.

Your definition of "asshole" is anyone who says something you disagree with.

You do realize there is a difference between calling someone out and (a) trying to get them fired, (b) trying to damage their career in some other way, and (c) trying to stop them from speaking in public, don't you?

Do you see even the tiniest distinction there?
Who's free to say what they want at work? Do you think I should be able to keep my job if I'm telling all the customers that Christian's suck?

So now you don't see the distinction between a business owner protecting his business and a person expressing themselves outside of work.

And you can't think of any examples of people trying to stop others from speaking in public.

Holy crap.

Here, let me help.

Scroll up a bit to Post 51. There you'll find my long and expanding list of honest liberals who admit that PC has gone too far.

All the examples you'll ever need. Calm, topical, thoughtful insight from honest liberals.

I'd rather you explain what you're talking about without the links. The PC police is an imaginary police force in your head. You're free to say what you want, but there's no guarantee there will be no consequences....there never has been.

Yeah right... in reality, not only aren't you free to say whatever you want before the marxist indoctrinated kids attack at you... you aren't even able to wear what you want. Do you remember shirtgate?

Liberal tolerance at work. Time to end the liberal hysteria... and the marxist degrees that are the production line while we are at it.

Holy crap.

Here, let me help.

Actually, I did. One link didn't work. The Washington Post link said nothing about PC, and I disagree with Don Lemon. I'm not debating Jerry Seinfeld, I'm debating you.

Holy crap.

Here, let me help.

Actually, I did. One link didn't work. The Washington Post link said nothing about PC, and I disagree with Don Lemon. I'm not debating Jerry Seinfeld, I'm debating you.
You're not debating, you're denying.

I'll agree with the two honest liberals in my sig, and the honest liberals on my list.

Holy crap.

Here, let me help.

Yeah right... in reality, not only aren't you free to say whatever you want before the marxist indoctrinated kids attack at you... you aren't even able to wear what you want. Do you remember shirtgate?

Liberal tolerance at work. Time to end the liberal hysteria... and the marxist degrees that are the production line while we are at it.

No, I have never heard of shirtgate.

What is liberal tolerance at work? What do you mean by that?

I don't talk politics at the workplace, never have. So how do you know if they're left or right leaning?

You don't get to make the rules at work, and neither do I.

Here, let me help.

I'll agree with the two honest liberals in my sig, and the honest liberals on my list.

There is no one trying to silence you. No one.

Here, let me help.

Can you name a specific time when you weren't able to practice free speech?

Holy crap.

Here, let me help.

I don't talk politics at the workplace, never have. So how do you know if they're left or right leaning?

Dude, you must be a retard

No wait... you have a job? I don't believe that for a second with the kind of garbage you are spewing. At no point did you make any sort of sense what so ever. Why even respond if you don't address the issue at all.

But whatever... keep your head stuck in the sand. Even Obama got this right for once.

Last edited:
Here, let me help.

Me? Nope.

But my list has several of them, which is why honest liberals like President Obama have made a point to speak out about this issue.

Here, let me help.

No wait... you have a job? I don't believe that for a second with the kind of garbage you are spewing. At no point did you make any sort of sense what so ever. Why even respond if you don't address the issue at all.

But whatever... keep your head stuck in the sand. Even Obama got this right for once.

I guess English is your second language.

Me? Nope.

But my list has several of them, which is why honest liberals like President Obama have made a point to speak out about this issue.

Out of all the threads you've started on political correctness, I would have thought you could at least come up with ONE example of when you lost your right to free speech.

Here, let me help.

So far this is the only thing you have got right in this whole thread. Although, even that's not correct, it's my third.

Still, head in the sand.

Here, let me help.

I'm asking you to be specific, and tell us what you mean by "liberal tolerance at work".

Here, let me help.

Exactly.

In no manner is anyone denied the opportunity to express his views and opinions in the context of private society.

And as a matter of Constitutional law, no citizen is subject to his speech being preempted or restricted by government that does not comport with First Amendment jurisprudence; and should government overreach and restrict speech in conflict with the Constitution, citizens adversely effected have the right to file suit in Federal court where such a measure would be invalidated.

Only government has the authority to place restrictions on the right to free speech consistent with First Amendment case law, not private citizens or organizations – and in the context of private society the right to be free speech cannot be ‘denied.’

These facts clearly illustrate that the notions of ‘PC’ and a ‘chilling effect’ on speech are completely devoid of merit, that the concept of free speech applies solely to the relationship between government and those governed, not between and among private persons and organizations, and that private citizens in the context of private society are at liberty to oppose or denounce speech they consider offensive or objectionable, where such denunciations do not manifest as the myth of ‘PC,’ nor ‘violate’ the right to free speech.

So far this is the only thing you have got right in this whole thread. Although, even that's not correct, it's my third.

Still, head in the sand.

And you and your fellow rightists have gotten nothing right, repeating only the same nonsense and lies.

Here, let me help.

I'm asking you to be specific, and tell us what you mean by "liberal tolerance at work".

2014-05-28-b7c7b9b3_large.jpg

After coming up with a ridiculously long list of the PC culture and the regressives here just dismissing it... It's time to move on. You can't convince a retard to be reasonable. This is like disagreeing whether gravity works downwards. That is the level of cluelessness at display.

2014-05-28-b7c7b9b3_large.jpg

After coming up with a ridiculously long list of the PC culture and the regressives here just dismissing it... It's time to move on. You can't convince a retard to be reasonable. This is like disagreeing whether gravity works downwards. That is the level of cluelessness at display.

Okay, so you can't think of an example on your own. Thanks for playing.

Forum List

Back