A question for Republicans

So, if median household income is $50000 and the top half sees their income rise by 20%, would that make you sad?

Of course it would NOT make me, or anyone else, sad. But the rise in inequality was much worse than that.

The top 1% saw their incomes risen by 240%. Top 20% had about 100% rise, and it was about flat or falling for the bottom 80%.

That is the problem.

The modern technology simply does not allow for that many good paying jobs. So unless we have more social transfers, this is going to turn into a banana republic.

In EVERY country where there has been "social transfers" (pure), there has been disinigration or ruin. That is exactly what makes a "banana republic": everyone is poor.

Some level of social transfers exist in every country. But most advanced countries have more social transfers than us, and Germany or France are far from being poor. The productivity per our is higher than that in US.

again, add things inside the quote box box and I'll report your ass to the mods for violating TOS. Do what you're supposed to do. Quote, unadulterated, (save for highlighting) and then comment after. Fix it and THEN I'll read it.

Lord knows I've given you enough examples.
Didnot realize this method was not an acceptable practice here.. Ok I will refrain from doing this in the way that I was doing it.. Don't understand why this is a problem though, just as long as nothing is re-arranged or twisted and/or distorted in what you had written or said. Thanks for the update, but what I need to ask next, is what is getting you so angry about my postings to you here ? I apologize to you, and will work to do better if I stick around..

So, if median household income is $50000 and the top half sees their income rise by 20%, would that make you sad?

Of course it would NOT make me, or anyone else, sad. But the rise in inequality was much worse than that.

The top 1% saw their incomes risen by 240%. Top 20% had about 100% rise, and it was about flat or falling for the bottom 80%.

That is the problem.

Over what time frame did those increases supposedly take place?

The modern technology simply does not allow for that many good paying jobs. So unless we have more social transfers, this is going to turn into a banana republic.

In EVERY country where there has been "social transfers" (pure), there has been disinigration or ruin. That is exactly what makes a "banana republic": everyone is poor.

Some level of social transfers exist in every country. But most advanced countries have more social transfers than us, and Germany or France are far from being poor. The productivity per our is higher than that in US.

Can you prove your productivity claim?

Didnot realize this method was not an acceptable practice here.. Ok I will refrain from doing this in the way that I was doing it.. Don't understand why this is a problem though, just as long as nothing is re-arranged or twisted and/or distorted in what you had written or said. Thanks for the update, but what I need to ask next, is what is getting you so angry about my postings to you here ? I apologize to you, and will work to do better if I stick around..
It became a problem when some less than scrupulous people started editing and making it look like it was the original. Then you had a spate of people who inserted and then misquoted them deliberately and accidentally with the responses.

It caused a mess and had to be banned.

That said, apology accepted. Good luck.

of course not. Actual numbers would fuck up his claim.

That is the problem.

Past 30 years.

http://articles.businessinsider.com/2009-08-20/markets/30087051_1_capita-france-s-gdp-work

That is the problem.

Past 30 years.

How much of the decrease at the bottom was due to millions of illegals coming into the US and earning at the bottom of the pay scale?

French: The Most Productive People In The World - Business Insider
Yep. Productivity is a WONDERFUL indicator of economic fairness. :rolleyes:

Why are they so productive? They only work 7 hour days before overtime kicks in and they have a teeny weeny little unemployment problem there.

BBC NEWS | Business | French jobless rate on the rise

French: The Most Productive People In The World - Business Insider

Thanks for the link.

France has $36,500 GDP/Capita and works 1,453 hours per year. This equates to a GDP/Capita/Hour of $25.10. Americans, on the other hand, have $44,150 GDP/Capita but work 1,792 hours per year. Thus Americans only achieve $24.60 of GDP/Capita/Hour.

Our standard of living is 21% higher.
You can work less if you'd like.

Thanks for the link.

France has $36,500 GDP/Capita and works 1,453 hours per year. This equates to a GDP/Capita/Hour of $25.10. Americans, on the other hand, have $44,150 GDP/Capita but work 1,792 hours per year. Thus Americans only achieve $24.60 of GDP/Capita/Hour.

The reason I have mentioned productivity was to refute the clam about more social transfers making everyone poor. They don't.

Thanks for the link.

The reason I have mentioned productivity was to refute the clam about more social transfers making everyone poor. They don't.
They do actually decrease overall economic activity. Those who had money, now taken can't invest and expand, which decreases jobs, which decreases economic activity, which accelerates poverty, which accelerates the need for government assistance, which creates a need to tax more, which slows the economy more by making it more expensive to do business, which decreases demand, which decreases money for workforces causing layoffs, which increases need, which increases government dependence, which requires more money, which raises taxes....

Seeing a small pattern here?

Where does money do the most good? At the bottom, where it is used for essentials of consuming (gas, rent, food, utilities, cigarettes and alcohol) or at the top for investing (creates jobs, creates loanable capital, creates new facilities, creates new infrastructure)? Oh sure, the local quickiemart may hire on 2 more staffers to work, but is that really the kind of growth you want in the economy?

The the use of money has a quality as well as a quantitative value.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link.

They do actually decrease overall economic activity. Those who had money, now taken can't invest and expand, which decreases jobs, which decreases economic activity, which accelerates poverty, which accelerates the need for government assistance, which creates a need to tax more, which slows the economy more by making it more expensive to do business, which decreases demand, which decreases money for workforces causing layoffs, which increases need, which increases government dependence, which requires more money, which raises taxes....

Seeing a small pattern here?
Easy. Government interference.

Thanks for the link.

Our GDP is 21% higher per capita. Doesn't look like French transfers are making the French rich.

Thanks for the link.

Our GDP is 21% higher per capita. Doesn't look like French transfers are making the French rich.

Social transfers are not making them less productive. The fact that Europeans prefer to have 6 week vacations and a shorter work week has nothing to do with social transfers.

Social transfers are not making them less productive. The fact that Europeans prefer to have 6 week vacations and a shorter work week has nothing to do with social transfers.

I think it's clear that transfers make some Americans less productive.

Forum List

Back