Zone1 A Simple Experiment That Can Demonstrate WHY You Don't See Racism While Others Do

So why don't blacks see black atrocities against whites? Violent vicious attacks against elderly or theft so constant that stores had to close and blacks end up living in a "food desert"?

Not to mention the endless attacks of black on asian violence as of late?

How is it they only see one side of racism?
Why would you assume that Black people only see one side of racism? A lot of the things you're complaining about have ramped up since COVID, the shutdown and the economic repercussions that occurred as a result of people not being able to work as well as some of the backlash that occurred due to the death of George Floyd and the Black Lives Matter protests that occurred worldwide. One of the reasons you may not hear us cry out in objection to some of this crime could be because a lot of whites, some of them who aren't necessarily racist, complained that the Black Lives Matter protesters weren't dealt with more harshly in spite of the fact that they were engaging in U.S. Constitutionally protected activity in accordance with the First Amendment of the Bill of Rights - the right to peaceably assemble and the right to petition (or protest) their government for a redress of grievances:

The right to petition the government for a redress of grievances guarantees people the right to ask the government to provide relief for a wrong through litigation or other governmental action. It works with the right of assembly by allowing people to join together and seek change from the government.
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=redress+of+grievances+government+definition

Very few groups of people have unlimited resources when it comes to addressing inequities in society so of course they will go to the areas of most need. Black people as a group have less political impact or resources to use to work on gaining equity in the areas that will provide the biggest impact. There are plenty of defenses attorneys to deal with criminals of all races therefore those limited resources can then be spent assisting members of the Black community oftentimes going towards assisting individuals who have already achieved a measure of success and either need a safety net, support system or additional funding to make it easier for them to focus on their studies instead of worrying about housing, food, etc., you know the day to day things needed to live one's life until graduation, new gainful employment and then the ability to work, contribute to family or society and then have the extra resources than can be spent to help others achieve their goals as well.
(sorry about the run-on sentence)

Why would you assume that Black people only see one side of racism?

"Assume" my big hairy left one!

They'll tell you to your face "BLACKS CAN'T BE RACIST". With millions of pages of US census data they REFUSE to acknowledge that black men owned black slaves.

I could go on but I've really grown tired of this topic years ago (if not decades).

A very common human reaction called Apophenia. Seeing patterns in random events where no pattern exists.

Otherwise known as, "seeing exactly what you want to see".

It's why, for many years, people believed they saw canals on the surface of Mars or see The Virgin Mary on a piece of toast.

View attachment 836641
No, that's not the same thing. We (Black people) often consider a whole checklist of things other than racism when acts are committed against us by a white person. Racism is at the bottom of the list, not the top.

Since you're a police officer I would hope that you can appreciate the following example. I was working at a local police station during my undergrad years. The job was posted as a "secretarial position" for their police detective (yes they only had one) and was actually a very interesting position but one in which I oftentimes felt tense because at least one of the officers was a flaming racist as was one of the dispatchers. I was the only Black person working there and in the end they arranged to get me out of my job so one of the dispatchers could have it. This situation and all of the instances in which I subjected to hearing them use the 'N' word was something that the EEOC could have easily found them in violation of the Civil Rights laws but I was young and though they were just all a bunch of ignorant hicks, excuse my language. I later discovered yeah that may have been the case that they were just ignorant but that they were also 'racist ignorant hicks'.

Anyway, I told my boss that I would be coming in a bit late to work the next day because I was going to stop and take a look at and possible put a payment on an apartment I had located which was closer to work. He knew I had been looking so he said okay. When I got to work the next day, he asked me what happened with the apartment and because he asked me outright instead of waiting for me to tell him about it I figured he must have been able to tell by the look on my face that something happened.

The something was apparently because I was Black, which the woman I met with couldn't tell over the phone. We looking for apartments we would generally lead with "Hi, I'm an Embry-Riddle student ... ) because the locals in Daytona initially loved Riddle students because they thought we all had rich parents. Anyway I had called and made an appointment the day before and I really wanted to see the apartment because it was on the intercoastal waterway not far from the marina, however when I arrived, the woman was looking at me through a crack in the door and stated that they didn't have any vacancies when I told her I was there to see the apartment. I reminded her that we spoke on the phone the previous day and told her what the newspaper ad said but she insisted that they didn't have any apartments for rent.

To put it mildly my feelings were hurt, because (I hadn't done anything wrong?!?) I was sure that she was lying and I "suspected" that she reacted to me the way she did because I am Black. I'm guessing that this is what my boss detected in my face when I arrived at work that day. So he asked me for the phone number in the ad and he called her up and said "My name is Detective, Sgt. blank blank, I work for the blank blank blank police department and I'm calling about the apartment you're running the ad for in the Daytona Beach News Journal. I'm looking to rent a place blah blah blah..." She gave him an appointment to come and see the unit.

I was standing there so I could hear everything they were saying so we did prove that she lied to me about there being no vacancies and I could have gone back and when she started up with her "we don't have any vacancies routine" I could have replied "no I know you do because my boss Detective Sgt. blank blank just talked to you on the phone and made an appointment to see the apartment but that appointment is with me, not him".

Being young and just remembering the coldness that exuded from from her and that place where she lived still causes a visceral reaction in me. It's kind of inexplicable unless the person you're relaying this to has also experienced it as well.

I ended up finding a better apartment, in the next complex over from River Run and had a good relationship with management who considered me a good tenant and they looked out for me to a certain extent.

I did not go looking for racism that day. I NEVER go looking for it, but racism being what it is, finds me and other Black people on a regular basis. It's not always someone calling us the N-work, it's sly remarks about everything from our appearance, us allegedly loving fried chicken (this via the Italian New York police officer who was making comments after having seen the Blues Brothers movie), making ignorant assumptions and remarks regarding our capabilities and intelligence, and doing whatever damage to our lives you can muster in whatever capacity you happen to occupy in society.

If you have to heighten your sense of awareness to detect micro-aggressions everywhere, then maybe it isn't a big deal. Just like the girl with the blonde braids thing that blew up into a national scandal. Much ado about not much imo. The Systemic Racism I saw in Alabama in the early 60s was definitely a big deal. Thank goodness that's been gone for a couple of generations and Black citizens enjoy all the freedoms and rights to which they are entitled. You are clearly a beneficiary of those freedoms that your parents and grandparents may not have enjoyed.
Your first statement is incorrect, there is no heightened sense of awareness. Did you not understand the analogy or do you not understand how our subconscious works?

Think of it this way - I probably have a much more expansive vocabulary that you. Do you understand the implications of my statement and do you agree or disagree? If you agree then doesn't that mean that I recognize certain things that you may not simply because I have a background that includes terms that a person who doesn't work in any of my fields wouldn't be exposed to?

Your perception and explanation of what I've described is just flat out wrong but I believe it's correctable if you're interested.

And the reason that you think that the 16 year old who was sent home due to her blond braids being deemed "unnatural" and a violation of the company's dress code is not a big deal and much ado about nothing is because you as a white male are not impacted. You don't think that being told that your hair color is unnatural for you as a 16 year old Black girl hurt her feelings and made her feel singled out and that she had done something wrong even though she hadn't?

"Assume" my big hairy left one!

They'll tell you to your face "BLACKS CAN'T BE RACIST". With millions of pages of US census data they REFUSE to acknowledge that black men owned black slaves.

I could go on but I've really grown tired of this topic years ago (if not decades).
What do a handful of cases of freedmen owning slaves have to do with the continued racism that Black people face today?

If you're tired of this topic then please refrain from commenting further to the thread since you're not actually contributing anything other than complaining.

What do a handful of cases of freedmen owning slaves have to do with the continued racism that Black people face today?

A handful? Try 30-40% of all slave owners were black (according to census data and depending on the state).

But I see little to no racism against blacks today. I see lots of racism FROM blacks...even from blacks aimed at other blacks.

Who still uses the "N" word other than blacks? (but it's OK when THEY do it).

I see racism aimed at whites and yellows...but little to none aimed at blacks and reds.

They even need jusse smollett and others to make up faux racism because they can't find any real racism!

A handful? Try 30-40% of all slave owners were black (according to census data and depending on the state).

But I see little to no racism against blacks today. I see lots of racism FROM blacks...even from blacks aimed at other blacks.

Who still uses the "N" word other than blacks? (but it's OK when THEY do it).

I see racism aimed at whites and yellows...but little to none aimed at blacks and reds.

They even need jusse smollett and others to make up faux racism because they can't find any real racism!
So are you stating that just because you don't see it, that it doesn't exist?

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: IM2
When you're a hammer...everything looks like a nail.
Like Michelle Obama said it was due to her race that a short person asked her to get something off a shelf in Target. She said it was a show of how much racism is around.

Ever since then, I don’t ask tall blacks to help me with something on the top shelf. (I’m 5’3.) I wait for a white.

So are you stating that just because you don't see it that it doesn't exist?

I said I see it. I see racism coming FROM blacks. I see wite racism being invented by jusse smollet and others (which is racist).

I see it aimed primarily at the poor chinks and elderly whites.

So if much or any existed against blacks...why wouldn't I see it.

I don't condone a cop kneeling on the neck of george floyd for 9 minutes...but autopsy reports PROVED that is NOT what killed him. He had lethal doses of drugs in his body and his heart gave out. Again...the cop had no business kneeling on floyds neck for that length of time. But to say that was "racism" is just flat out wrong.

And I still see "JUSTICE FOR FLOYD" signs in peoples yards. The cop got over 20 years...isn't that justice?

Nope...not until FREE MONEY is involved!

Forum List

Back