An incredible lack of outrage...

Hopefully, Donald Trump will finish what JFK got killed for attempting to do: disband the CIA.
You really don't think that our CIA agents keep us safe?

I think any law enforcement must be strictly governed by the Constitution and Bill of Rights when it comes to search and seizure and spying on Americans, and I don't trust the CIA to do that.
You didn't asnwer my question. The CIA does incredible work to keep us safe from foreign threats, do you deny that? Are you willing to give that up and risk our safety?

I understand your concerns about personal privacy, but it would be catastrophic to get rid of our CIA. I don't think you've thought this one through

Why do we need both the CIA and the NSA? The NSA can handle overseas intelligence.

The CIA can just be rolled into the FBI, and hold them accountable for any Constitutional violations.
Combining external investigative bodies with internal investigative bodies tends to produce things like the Praetorian Guard, Jannisaries or the Gestapo.

Lets keep them separate and independent of a single hierarchy instead, OK?

Wikileaks has posted a data dump on the CIA's tool chest. The fact that they have all this is mind boggling in it's implications.

The fact that people can't see beyond attempting to make POLITICAL HAY out of it - is more then mind boggling, it's damning.

Wikileaks isn't a "hero".
Assange isn't a "hero" on a quest for truth and openness.
Snowden isn't a "hero".
Manning isn't a "hero".

To defend this as "revealing the truth" for partisan purposes is indefensable. These are the tools we use to fight terrorism, now being made public.

Wikileaks is known to be a proxy for Russian espionage efforts (if you doubt it, feel free to show where Wikileaks has ever released seriously damning stuff on the Russians) - instead it selectively releases material damaging to the US.

Does anyone not see the irony in clamoring for a border wall and a ban on travel from certain countries in the name of "national security" while simultaneously excusing if not outright supporting what Wikileaks has done and the impact THAT might have on our national security?
I completely agree, but this many people leaking stuff suggests that their is a morale crisis at the CIA and this in turn implies that these well paid pros are being assigned tasks that they dont seem to enjoy.

I wonder why that is?

I'm not sure...not sure what it implies to be honest.

Why did Snowden do what he did for instance?

The Left used to rage against The Deep State Establishment, now it's we on the Right, along with the Libertarians who are the only ones who are outraged at such a violation of peoples privacy.

If you on the Left don't think they are also spying on, hacking and listening to you, then you actually are completely foolish.

Wikileaks has posted a data dump on the CIA's tool chest. The fact that they have all this is mind boggling in it's implications.

The fact that people can't see beyond attempting to make POLITICAL HAY out of it - is more then mind boggling, it's damning.

Snowden isn't a "hero".
Manning isn't a "hero".

To defend this as "revealing the truth" for partisan purposes is indefensable. These are the tools we use to fight terrorism, now being made public.

Wikileaks is known to be a proxy for Russian espionage efforts (if you doubt it, feel free to show where Wikileaks has ever released seriously damning stuff on the Russians) - instead it selectively releases material damaging to the US.

Does anyone not see the irony in clamoring for a border wall and a ban on travel from certain countries in the name of "national security" while simultaneously excusing if not outright supporting what Wikileaks has done and the impact THAT might have on our national security?

71e402f30c2b741ecd69ba3ae4baf90bb45b7443c52422de88cf02f4802a5a19.jpg
I'm not sure I can jump on your outrage wagon here.

Do I want people blocked from coming to this country who are terrorists? Yes.
Do I trust the CIA to do that? No.
Do I think the CIA should be able to do anything they want to anyone? No.
Does the CIA need to be controlled? Yes.
Do I blame Wikkileaks for bringing this out? No.
Do I think Wikkileaks is a saint blessed organization? No.

The CIA can just be rolled into the FBI, and hold them accountable for any Constitutional violations.
Combining external investigative bodies with internal investigative bodies tends to produce things like the Praetorian Guard, Jannisaries or the Gestapo.

Lets keep them separate and independent of a single hierarchy instead, OK?

I'm not saying everyone in the CIA is criminal, and I do think there are good people in the CIA. But I think the institution of the CIA as a whole lends itself to violating the Constitution. I also think having the NSA and the CIA is redundant. Just have the NSA for spying overseas.

Snowden isn't a "hero".
Manning isn't a "hero".

I completely agree, but this many people leaking stuff suggests that their is a morale crisis at the CIA and this in turn implies that these well paid pros are being assigned tasks that they dont seem to enjoy.

I wonder why that is?

"Why did Snowden do what he did for instance?"

Because he was outraged and disgusted at how criminal the organisation he worked for had become. I have a lot of respect for Whistleblowers, they risk everything and give up so much in order to alert everyone else to the potential dangers and also to the criminal activities of those who are very quick to DICTATE to OTHERS about remaining WITHIN the LAW whilst they circumvent and actually violate the SAME laws they are telling others to obey and respect.

GOD Bless Julian Assange!

GOD Bless WikiLeaks releases!

We want more! :2up: :clap:

And particularly Blessed be these last releases from Julian ..... Vault7 - Home

I have it on good authority that Snowden wanted to work a certain way at the CIA but they would not accomodate him. He then went back to subcontracting and hated his life and blamed people at the CIA for his misfortune.

Personally I dont care why he personally did it.

He is a traitor.

But something seems amiss to me in the intel community when we have this number of people taking these kinds of risks.

Hopefully, Donald Trump will finish what JFK got killed for attempting to do: disband the CIA.

I think any law enforcement must be strictly governed by the Constitution and Bill of Rights when it comes to search and seizure and spying on Americans, and I don't trust the CIA to do that.
You didn't asnwer my question. The CIA does incredible work to keep us safe from foreign threats, do you deny that? Are you willing to give that up and risk our safety?

I understand your concerns about personal privacy, but it would be catastrophic to get rid of our CIA. I don't think you've thought this one through

Why do we need both the CIA and the NSA? The NSA can handle overseas intelligence.

It's not just that why does America need 16 or is it 17 Intelligence Agencies? It's a ludicrous amount.

Because he was outraged and disgusted at how criminal the organisation he worked for had become. I have a lot of respect for Whistleblowers, they risk everything and give up so much in order to alert everyone else to the potential dangers and also to the criminal activities of those who are very quick to DICTATE to OTHERS about remaining WITHIN the LAW whilst they circumvent and actually violate the SAME laws they are telling others to obey and respect.
Snowden was not a whistleblower. Those people remain loyal to the purpose of their government and try to correct things from the inside.

Snowden is a traitor.

I just stuck my tongue out at my smart tv. Next time I am on my phone, I will do the same.

Yeah I'm not real happy with that. Why give all that away? You know the Chinese make the motherboards, right?

For what Wikileaks gave away? China has hardware embedded in your motherboard and TVs to do. :badgrin:

So it gets done twice.
Its not partisan for me. I loved it when they leaked stuff Bush did and I loved it when they leaked stuff Obama did.

What are you willing to sacrifice, are you willing for them to break International Law to spy on citizens across the Western world as they sit in their own living room watching the television?

Have you thought that something like the CIA isn't your friend and isn't looking to keep you safe? If you know about the history of an organisation such as the CIA then you'll know that it's always been a nest of rattlesnakes.
I'm willing to give up some of my personal freedoms for protection at the level the CIA provides. I'm also fine with more measures of accountability imposed on the CIA. It is a ridiculous and careless notion to suggest that eliminating an agency like the CIA would be a good thing.

I'm not saying everyone in the CIA is criminal, and I do think there are good people in the CIA. But I think the institution of the CIA as a whole lends itself to violating the Constitution. I also think having the NSA and the CIA is redundant. Just have the NSA for spying overseas.
They specialize in different things, though the CIA is a generic over-arching intelligence agency with all kinds of fingers in different pots.

The CIA does a very good job at what it does. They are really good at using decoys to misdirect people while hiding things in plain sight.

Wish I could explain.

I'm willing to give up some of my personal freedoms for protection at the level the CIA provides. I'm also fine with more measures of accountability imposed on the CIA. It is a ridiculous and careless notion to suggest that eliminating an agency like the CIA would be a good thing.
I agree for the most part, but I am not willing to give up fundamental rights.

Bernie Sanders is such a sucker.

The DNC overtly fucked over Bernie, and Bernie sold his soul to the loser Dem party.

They specialize in different things, though the CIA is a generic over-arching intelligence agency with all kinds of fingers in different pots.

The CIA does a very good job at what it does. They are really good at using decoys to misdirect people while hiding things in plain sight.

Wish I could explain.

Even if that's the case, they could just be different branches within the same agency.

And what qualifies you to make that statement. Do you have any experience working with either agency? Access to classified information to gain an idea of anything that they actually do?

Snowden was not a whistleblower. Those people remain loyal to the purpose of their government and try to correct things from the inside.

Snowden is a traitor.
What if you get in there, inside the inner workings and you realize there is no good side to be on? What do you do then?

Forum List

Back