🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 Are Protestants part of the Catholic Church?

You think we gather to fight over evolution?! It is accepted that some of us hold the opinion that the world was created in seven literal days; others hold the opinion that evolution is part of that creation.

We believe in God, the Father Almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
You do argue and that's the reason why the split.

Your belief in the god is conditional!

Is the 60/40 split going to be somehow reconciled by a coming together motivated by the church itself, or is the divide just destined to widen?

What's next? Genesis, Noah's ark, life in the body of a whale?
Or is the 40 those who have already got over that stuff?

I think it's inevitable that a 3rd. revision is needed now, and it needs to be consistent with 'all' the facts known by modern science. The churches need to bite the bullet as soon as possible.

Get it over with before the split becomes complete and millions do the Protestant rerun again.

I don't even study/believe in "backsliding" so no point in trying to deflect.

In the Catholic faith there are practicing Catholics and non-practicing Catholics. We are all still Catholic.
What do you think of people like Pelosi and Biden? I really don't understand why they aren't thrown out of your church until/unless they repent. They KNOW they are violating GOD'S LAW, but they have sold their soul for this world

What do you think of people like Pelosi and Biden? I really don't understand why they aren't thrown out of your church until/unless they repent. They KNOW they are violating GOD'S LAW, but they have sold their soul for this world
Excellent comment for Meriweather to mull over.

The two of them will be o.k. for either the 60 or the 40!

The 60/40 could quite likely be an American political divide!

You do argue and that's the reason why the split.

Your belief in the god is conditional!

Is the 60/40 split going to be somehow reconciled by a coming together motivated by the church itself, or is the divide just destined to widen?

What's next? Genesis, Noah's ark, life in the body of a whale?
Or is the 40 those who have already got over that stuff?

I think it's inevitable that a 3rd. revision is needed now, and it needs to be consistent with 'all' the facts known by modern science. The churches need to bite the bullet as soon as possible.

Get it over with before the split becomes complete and millions do the Protestant rerun again.
It's funny. The thing you HATE about Christianity (in their teachings) are the only things I appreciate about them. They are steadfast in SOME necessary and Biblical teachings

Son is no longer completely defined by all the churches.
Even murder is considered righteous according the most bibles under certain conditions.
And slavery is a righteous cakewalk!
So wrong.

Killing is not murder. Murder has a definition. Learn the definitions.

Jesus correctly read the commandment: "You shall do no MURDER"

I feel it is a way for the Catholic Church to make members of their congregation feel more guilty so they contribute more to the church.
The Catholic Church seldom talks about hell or mortal sin. The homilies focus on the Gospels which are all about forgiveness of sin. Catholic parishes talk about money once a year and guilt does not enter into it.

Obviously you do not attend Sunday Mass or you would know priests do not make their congregations feel guilty. Honestly, where do non-Catholics come up with this nonsense.

Are you trying to deflect by saying that some Catholics don't practice.
I am stating a well-known fact. Some Catholics no longer practice the faith. That, clearly, is no deflection, but a direct statement.

I agree with you. They both should have been publicly excommunicated years ago. There is a huge difference between Catholic politicians quietly stating, "Let the voters decide" and Catholic politicians actively pushing unholy actions. Someone(s) in the Catholic hierarchy is a wimp, and a whimpering one at that.

I agree with you. They both should have been publicly excommunicated years ago. There is a huge difference between Catholic politicians quietly stating, "Let the voters decide" and Catholic politicians actively pushing unholy actions. Someone(s) in the Catholic hierarchy is a wimp, and a whimpering one at that.
Thanks. I was wondering how it is justified by the hierarchy. Even John the Baptist sent people away and refused to baptize them until they came back with the "fruit of repentance"

Only with people like you in it. The true Church never changes.

What changes are you looking for?
Genesis is already gone but I see an open declaration by the more rational churches that Genesis was never meant to be taken as the literal truth.

If they can do that then they will be in pretty good shape to distance themselves from the silly beliefs that are beyond any possibility of being the truth. We all know quite well what those are.

Life on Noah's ark or life in the belly of a whale. (fish)

Genesis is already gone but I see an open declaration by the more rational churches that Genesis was never meant to be taken as the literal truth.

If they can do that then they will be in pretty good shape to distance themselves from the silly beliefs that are beyond any possibility of being the truth. We all know quite well what those are.

Life on Noah's ark or life in the belly of a whale. (fish)
You condemn in the churches the very thing you want the church to become. You're a fool.

There is no contradiction in the Bible and nothing "anti-science."

You latch on to lies and twist the scriptures to your own destruction.

Just curious. Am I debating an Atheist? If not, what god do you believe in? You clearly believe the Christian Bible is a book of lies

Last edited:
The Catholic Church seldom talks about hell or mortal sin. The homilies focus on the Gospels which are all about forgiveness of sin. Catholic parishes talk about money once a year and guilt does not enter into it.

Obviously you do not attend Sunday Mass or you would know priests do not make their congregations feel guilty. Honestly, where do non-Catholics come up with this nonsense.
I have attended just one Sunday Mass. It was at the Saint Louis Cathedral in the New Orleans French Quarter on Jackson Square.I was impressed with the service as the Priest actually did insult the members of his congregation some who ran strip clubs and bars in the French Quarter. He pointed out the error of their ways. Perhaps that no longer happens today. My one exposure to the Catholic Church was back in the mid 1960s.

1667709791857.jpeg

I came up with the ”nonsense” about mortal sin from this web site.It advertises itself as a Catholic church and school in Nebraska.

Perhaps you could look through the LONG list of mortal sins and let me know what you think of the list.

Forum List

Back