Are you liberal or conservative?

Conservative or Liberal?

• Total voters
I'm fiscally conservative and have only voted for a Conservative once. Very few co-called conservative politicians really believe in fiscal responsibility.
Exactly….it’s conservative to empower women, have universal healthcare, invest in infrastructure and provide housing for the poor. All of it saves MONEY.

This is why conservatives do so poorly with the economy when in charge. They practice eliminating peoples instead of including them.

In the last 4 or so general elections, who ran that was a conservative?

Which Republicans that ran against Trump were conservatives? Ron, Nikki, Tim, Vivek, who?

And question for conservatives here who say I'm not a liberal. Was Carter? Clinton? Obama? Biden? Are any of them liberals?

Conservatives no longer run on major party tickets as neither the rank and file of neither party will vote for them.

Carter and Clinton yes, Obama and Biden no.

Not at all. It can be respectable to be "conservative".

I know a lot of GREAT conservatives. They are just a little bit more "every man for himself" than I am. I'm more "We're all in this together". Conservatives hate We the People. They believe the rich and corporations should be the ones running the show. They're smarter than us. They're the creators. We are dumb.

You don't have to be smart to know if you like or don't like something. And even if the poor and dumb vote for the wrong person like they did in 2016, they can change their minds in the next midterm or general election. You don't have to be smart to realize you like one party more than the other. Conservatives like to tell people there is no difference but notice they show up to vote for Republicans every 2 years. While telling us that both parties suck. They pick a side but mock you for picking a side. You're not smart enough to know which party is better for you. They know more than you about you

I tell them, are you a poor black person in a ghetto, a middle class person born in a union town, a rich person in a small town in Iowa, or a coal miner? Because the person in Iowa or coal country should probably be voting Republican. The person in a union town or ghetto should probably vote Democratic.

Conservatives no longer run on major party tickets as neither the rank and file of neither party will vote for them.

Carter and Clinton yes, Obama and Biden no.

Actually, may I disagree on Clinton? Clinton really sold us liberals out. Back when he was president I remember it was 4 times he really let us down. Right now I can only remember 2.

1. NAFTA
2. Deregulated the Media in 1996.

There were at least two other times Clinton went along with Newt. Clinton was a master triangulator. That means he was good at giving something so he could get something. I feel he gave way too much.

But he did put environmental and labor protections in NAFTA before he signed it. But he had to know the next Republican president would remove those regulations.

Are you voting for Trump? He's a statist.

“When she first got in and was named speaker, I met her. And I’m very impressed by her. I think she’s a very impressive person. I like her a lot. But I was surprised that she didn’t do more in terms of Bush and going after Bush. It was almost – it just seemed like she was going to really look to impeach Bush and get him out of office, which personally I think would’ve been a wonderful thing,” Trump told Blitzer in the interview.

“Impeaching him?” Blitzer asked.

“Absolutely. For the war. For the war,” said Trump, referring to the 2003 invasion of Iraq. “Well, he lied. He got us into the war with lies, and I mean, look at the trouble Bill Clinton got into with something that was totally unimportant and they tried to impeach him, which was nonsense. And yet Bush got us into this horrible war with lies. By lying. By saying they had weapons of mass destruction. By saying all sorts of things that turned out not to be true.”

So Trump agrees with us that it was bullshit what they did to Bill Clinton. He was great and anyone who didn't like him was jealous. But Trump agrees with me Bush should have been impeached. That's Trump's position before he became president and started breaking all kinds of laws. Maybe that's why Trump thinks the presidency is above the law. Bush never got in trouble for lying us into Iraq so.....

And Trump also wanted Hillary locked up for using private emails. Trump not only did that, he broke 4 other laws and he's being charged. So citizen Trump believed Hillary and Bush should have been charged with crimes. But not him.
Of course im not. Didnt in 16 or 20. Damn sure wont do it now.
And, yes. He is a statist.

A bunch of us are having a discussion on if USMB is mostly conservatives/republicans or mostly Democrats/Liberals. Do you mind voting?
Personally, I find the label “conservative” a bit offensive.
Traditional conservatism doesn’t sell in America and it‘s all the fault of traditional conservatives as they never conserved or preserved a damn thing.
I side with Conservatives, I vote with Conservatives BUT they are the most nutless, spineless, big mouth pieces of worthless dogshit that ever were. They sat on their hands and turned a blind eye to the emergence of fucked in the head leftists. They empowered the Left, they allowed them to write and enforce the PC rule book.
The Left told them what they could say, how and what to think and they rolled over and complied with a smile. “Conservatives” didn’t have the balls to keep heterosexual white Christian males cool in a nation founded, built, run and funded by heterosexual white Christian males.
The Left has owned their sackless asses for decades....FUCK traditional Conservatives!

Classic liberals believe in individual rights and freedom of expression, something you do not.

Abortion is liberal right? And it's a conservative position to be anti abortion, yes?

So a lot of people who vote for Republicans even thought they aren't really all that conservative fiscally, vote for them because at least they are more socially conservatives than Democrats. Economically and socially.

God, gays, guns and racism. Are you conservative or liberal on these issues?

They're smarter than us. They're the creators. We are dumb.
Exactly……For many, they have a misinterpretation of what being smart is. To them, it’s all about power and money. To them, its about Putin and organized crime.

Being smart about anything is related to your circumstance. The smartest guy in your hunting party is the one who can lead you out of the deep woods without getting lost.

WRONG! Can't you read? It says after adjusting for inflation.

I'll give you a hint why this number is bullshit. It's bullshit because the mega rich made most of that money. So when we take all their gains and all your gains and divide equally, WE'RE doing really well. We are. But you? Not really. Take out the rich dudes and 50 somethings actually only have $300K of wealth. That includes their $150K home. So they only actually have $150K saved.

But that wouldn't stop Bush or Trump from bragging about this.

Household wealth swelled at a record pace during the pandemic. From 2019 to 2022, the median net worth of American families jumped 37% to $192,900, after adjusting for inflation. It’s the largest increase ever recorded by the federal Survey of Consumer Finances, released last fall. Surging home values and rising stock ownership fed the surge.

Some of the new numbers are startling. Average household net worth now tops $500,000 for Americans in their late 30s. For late-40-somethings, it exceeds $750,000. For 50-somethings, it reaches seven figures.

So America is Great Again. Thanks Biden.

And everyone is not seeing it, because you idiots think numbers and marco-economic made up bullshit will fool people into thinking everyone is better off.

The chocolate ration has been increased from 25 grams to 20 grams!

Well, once again it is demonstrated that these political terms have become useless because they have lost any agreed upon definitions.

Abortion is liberal right? And it's a conservative position to be anti abortion, yes?

So a lot of people who vote for Republicans even thought they aren't really all that conservative fiscally, vote for them because at least they are more socially conservatives than Democrats. Economically and socially.

God, gays, guns and racism. Are you conservative or liberal on these issues?

It's mainstream to say OK to abortion for birth control before the 1st trimester, after that birth control abortion is a abortion zealot position.

And?

So Dems are godlessness, defenselessness and reverse racism.

see how generalizing sounds stupid?

Learn from it, poseur.

Not going to get off that plantation, no matter how bad it gets, right?
Actually, liberals created a middle class the world has never seen before. It wasn't unregulated free market capitalism. It was government intervention into the market. Labor laws, overtime rules, sick leave, vacation days, unions, social security,

I'm staying on the plantation. Do you not like living in America? America is the plantation. We have a capitalistic system but it's a bit corrupted by the rich and Republicans. Since Reagan the middle class has been doing worse, and worse, and worse.

So please show us that unregulated free market capitalism can MAGA. And please don't tell me Trump MAGA in those 4 years he was in office. No he did not.

Last year, unions went on strike and got the middle class big raises. God bless unions. If Republicans had their way, they'd be outlawed. So don't tell us you care about the masses. You don't. You view them as an expensive and you are always looking for ways to lower those costs. It's what CONSERVATIVES do.

So no I won't get off the plantation. Where will I go? What will I make off the plantation? Do you provide social security and public schools or is everything privatized off the plantation?

Where in America specifically is "off" the plantation.

How about this. What percent of America today is unionized? 6%? It used to be 35%. So how are Americans who aren't in unions or "off" the plantation doing? How is 94% of non union workers who are now off the plantation doing?

Well, once again it is demonstrated that these political terms have become useless because they have lost any agreed upon definitions.

How can you agree upon a definition with a side that thinks women can have penises and men can get pregnant?

You Republicans are making too much of these two terms. Just because you are confused doesn't mean the rest of us are. The only people having a hard time voting are CONSERVATIVES.

We know you aren't liberals. It's weird you don't know you're not.

Personally, I find the label “conservative” a bit offensive.
Traditional conservatism doesn’t sell in America and it‘s all the fault of traditional conservatives as they never conserved or preserved a damn thing.
I side with Conservatives, I vote with Conservatives BUT they are the most nutless, spineless, big mouth pieces of worthless dogshit that ever were. They sat on their hands and turned a blind eye to the emergence of fucked in the head leftists. They empowered the Left, they allowed them to write and enforce the PC rule book.
The Left told them what they could say, how and what to think and they rolled over and complied with a smile. “Conservatives” didn’t have the balls to keep heterosexual white Christian males cool in a nation founded, built, run and funded by heterosexual white Christian males.
The Left has owned their sackless asses for decades....FUCK traditional Conservatives!
You’re crazy and uninformed. Probably illiterate. There are factions of minorities that immigrated into the US who all helped build America, many of whom you are a dependent of.

How can you agree upon a definition with a side that thinks women can have penises and men can get pregnant?
Perfect example. In your scenario, we know which side the liberal is on compared to the conservative.

Although Bruce Jenner would tell you he's a conservative. Fiscally.

Forum List

Back