Zone1 atheists don't have proof of God... because they refuse to look at the proof

Is it? I guess I'm only seeing the evil part of a family being killed by a drunk driver.
If so, that might lead you to the God in the Hebrew texts. The Hebrews have the credit of inventing a God who is represented as jealous, cruel, vindictive and having most of the weaknesses and bad habits of primitive man.

That’s the kind of guy who woukd be indifferent to a family being killed by a drunk driver.

If so, that might lead you to the God in the Hebrew texts. The Hebrews have the credit of inventing a God who is represented as jealous, cruel, vindictive and having most of the weaknesses and bad habits of primitive man.

That’s the kind of guy who woukd be indifferent to a family being killed by a drunk driver.
Thou shalt do as I say, not as I do.. or you do.. or something!
Thou shalt ponder what I tell thee and just think me Love!
Thou shalt give it time!
Thou shalt not expect it to occur in the next instant!
Thou shalt not call me Passive Aggressive!
Thou shalt never tell me to just calm the hell down!

The Hebrews have the credit of inventing a God who is represented as jealous, cruel, vindictive and having most of the weaknesses and bad habits of primitive man.
Except...that is modern Western culture's idea of how Jews regard God.

Jews do not regard God as wiser than we are or more powerful, or has more knowledge because that just paints God as something bigger than we are. God does not have our emotions. What humans present as God having an emotion--i.e. jealousy--is merely a reflection of what humans perceive. The effect of God's plan is for the benefit of humanity. If one of us is jealous of the attention a spouse is paying to another, the effect is to refocus the spouse's attention on us. (The benefit is to the individual who is jealous.)

In God's plan, it benefits humanity to refocus their attention on Him...the benefit is not to God but to us.

I am sure someone of the Jewish faith can better explain this.

Stupidity can prompt the victim to see something that's not there for others to see. That is the stick-and-carrot of religion, a self-glossing pathology par excellence.

President Xi to Macron: "Just keep looking out there, Emmanuel, do you see those rabbits?"
Reward/punishment isn't a pathology, it's the way the world operates. ;)

People of communist persuasion tend to be atheists. But we love this ancient legend of Christ because it is about driving merchants out of the temple, the courage to bring truth to people, and, of course, the self-sacrifice for the public interest.
Ft0em4jWcAEO9mF

Religious education is not "indoctrination" any more than teaching math is indoctrination. How many who are taught math go on to careers in math, or go on to use it any appreciable way?
It is totally indoctrination compared to maths. After all, maths actually does use proofs.

And yes, the religious ruling class knew full well the power they wielded with the imposition of fear. Tell a group that the punishment for not believing as the're told is eternal torment and you will create a compliant class.
Especially when the ruling class controls the measures of belief.

I've always loved Aesop's fables, and the Iliad is great as well! The difference between those much loved stories and the Bible, is that the Bible talks about God in our midst and other people's experiences with God.
How does the Iliad not talk about gods among men?

Forum List

Back