Boy Scouts win right to remain in building they built

This is an adult conversation, so go play with your legos little one.
Figures you're too much of a coward to answer.

Why would I answer a completely stupid fucking question? You think because I occasionally say ****** and or fag that I am teaching my kids to do the same? I drink beer occasionally to, doesn't mean I'm teaching my kids to drink.

Do you intend to teach yours to be stupid?
So now you're saying bigotry isn't an acceptable lesson? How amusing.

Uh-huh.

Then learn how to use, or not use, the quote function correctly.

And reality is now dishonest, eh?

Need to adjust your tinfoil some?

Pssst! Hey you......yeah you Radioflyer on training wheels.....the Common Sense Cantelope is about to smack you upside your head. Again. When you quote someone, or multiple people in the same post, everyone can see it and not just the ones quoted.

Tomorrow we can help you understand you don't actually add 2 quarts of water directly to that little Kool-aid pack.

Hey toodles...you posted it directly to me. Even wrote directly TO me in the post.

Next time, try to not be so dishonest. Or at least make sure the evidence isn't still on the board when you are attempting to lie. Word to the wise :thup:

Goodness you are stoooooopid. The info I posted would be available for anyone to read.......that is why I posted it. I knew you wouldn't address the facts and you've proven me correct so there's nothing left for you to do but keep whining........

Figures you're too much of a coward to answer.

Why would I answer a completely stupid fucking question? You think because I occasionally say ****** and or fag that I am teaching my kids to do the same? I drink beer occasionally to, doesn't mean I'm teaching my kids to drink.

I am NOT in the BSA so what I do or don't do is irrelevant to the discussion about THEM.

Pssst! Hey you......yeah you Radioflyer on training wheels.....the Common Sense Cantelope is about to smack you upside your head. Again. When you quote someone, or multiple people in the same post, everyone can see it and not just the ones quoted.

Tomorrow we can help you understand you don't actually add 2 quarts of water directly to that little Kool-aid pack.

Hey toodles...you posted it directly to me. Even wrote directly TO me in the post.

Next time, try to not be so dishonest. Or at least make sure the evidence isn't still on the board when you are attempting to lie. Word to the wise :thup:

Goodness you are stoooooopid. The info I posted would be available for anyone to read.......that is why I posted it. I knew you wouldn't address the facts and you've proven me correct so there's nothing left for you to do but keep whining........

Keep on lying about not directing it towards me...

The evidence is still on the board :thup:

Speaking of not addressing, why won't you answer my question about why would ANYONE want to join a group which is upfront about not wanting them?

I am NOT in the BSA so what I do or don't do is irrelevant to the discussion about THEM.
Yep, you're a coward.

:thup:

For the last time Con I'm not saying they don't have the right to discriminate I just think it makes them kind of evil.

How can practicing your religious beliefs be evil, unless those beliefs lead one to violence of course.

Why is it only atheists they exclude then? Why not also Hindus or Muslims or Buddhists? I always thought "it's our religious beliefs" was just an excuse.

Yep, you're a coward.

That's rich coming from you. Why don't you go down to the flame forum and answer my question I asked you three days ago that you ran from. You remember the one about why are you only bitching about Jindal not using all the NG troops authorized and not the other 3 Governors?

I answered your question here.

For the last time Con I'm not saying they don't have the right to discriminate I just think it makes them kind of evil.

How can practicing your religious beliefs be evil, unless those beliefs lead one to violence of course.

Why is it only atheists they exclude then? Why not also Hindus or Muslims or Buddhists? I always thought "it's our religious beliefs" was just an excuse.

What? How have we made the jump from excluding gays to excluding atheists? They do not exclude atheists.

Yep, you're a coward.

That's rich coming from you. Why don't you go down to the flame forum and answer my question I asked you three days ago that you ran from. You remember the one about why are you only bitching about Jindal not using all the NG troops authorized and not the other 3 Governors?

It was answered several times in the thread. Because you believe misinformation is a failing on your part. As was your question as to why gay kids would want to be in the Scouts.

Yep, you're a coward.

It was answered several times in the thread. Because you believe misinformation is a failing on your part. As was your question as to why gay kids would want to be in the Scouts.

Nice try Ravi, but neither question was answered. But just in case I'm wrong, go ahead and quote the answer to either right here , so everyone can see who the liar is. Hint, we already all know it's you.

Nice try Ravi, but neither question was answered. But just in case I'm wrong, go ahead and quote the answer to either right here , so everyone can see who the liar is. Hint, we already all know it's you.

The answer was mine. Gays want to be scouts because they want to do the same things their peers are doing.

How fucking retarded are you that you believe gay kids spend all their waking moments thinking about gay activities?

I thought mal was an idiot, but I do believe you've surpassed him.

What? How have we made the jump from excluding gays to excluding atheists? They do not exclude atheists.

Yes they do

BSALegal.org >

Here's a quote from it

"the Boy Scouts of America will not employ atheists, agnostics, known or avowed homosexuals, or others as professional Scouters or in other capacities in which such employment would tend to interfere with the mission of reinforcing the values of the Scout Oath and the Scout Law in young people."

and

"Because of its views concerning the duty to God, Boy Scouts of America believes that an atheist or agnostic is not an appropriate role model of the Scout Oath and Law for adolescent boys. Because of Scouting’s methods and beliefs, Scouting does not accept atheists and agnostics as members or adult volunteer leaders."

Last edited:

I gave up on this subject awhile back when I pointed out that the boyscouts are dying. They will soon cease to exist and people like you will have had your way. Of course you don't understand what you're doing and you will continue to blame the scouts rather than start your own organization devoted to teaching values to boys, that would be too much work. It's much easier to just tear down the one you don't agree with than to build your own. Anyway, I just thought I'd post the following as it's pertinent to the subject.

Boy Scout Oath

On my honor . . .

By giving your word, you are promising to be guided by the ideals of the Scout Oath.
. . . I will do my best . . .

Try hard to live up to the points of the Scout Oath. Measure your achievements against your own high standards and don't be influenced by peer pressure or what other people do.
. . . To do my duty to God . . .

Your family and religious leaders teach you about God and the ways you can serve. You do your duty to God by following the wisdom of those teachings every day and by respecting and defending the rights of others to practice their own beliefs.
. . . and my country . . .

Help keep the United States a strong and fair nation by learning about our system of government and your responsibilities as a citizen and future voter.

America is made up of countless families and communities. When you work to improve your community and your home, you are serving your country. Natural resources are another important part of America's heritage worthy of your efforts to understand, protect, and use wisely. What you do can make a real difference.
. . . and to obey the Scout Law; . . .

The twelve points of the Scout Law are guidelines that can lead you toward wise choices. When you obey the Scout Law, other people will respect you for the way you live, and you will respect yourself.
. . . To help other people at all times; . . .

There are many people who need you. Your cheerful smile and helping hand will ease the burden of many who need assistance. By helping out whenever possible, you are doing your part to make this a better world.
. . . To keep myself physically strong, . . .

Take care of your body so that it will serve you well for an entire lifetime. That means eating nutritious foods, getting enough sleep, and exercising regularly to build strength and endurance. it also means avoiding harmful drugs, alcohol, tobacco, and anything else that can harm your health.
. . . mentally awake, . . .

Develop your mind both in the classroom and outside of school. Be curious about everything around you, and work hard to make the most of your abilities. With an inquiring attitude and the willingness to ask questions, you can learn much about the exciting world around you and your role in it.
. . . and morally straight.

To be a person of strong character, your relationships with others should be honest and open. You should respect and defend the rights of all people. Be clean in your speech and actions, and remain faithful in your religious beliefs. The values you practice as a Scout will help you shape a life of virtue and self-reliance.

Note that the Boy Scout Oath has traditionally been considered to have three promises. Those three promises are delineated by the semicolons in the Oath, which divide it into three clauses. The three promises of the Scout Oath are, therefore:

* Duty to God and country,
* Duty to other people, and
* Duty to self

DUTY TO GOD AND COUNTRY: Your FAMILY and religious leaders teach you to know and serve God. By following these teachings, you do your duty to God.

Men and women of the past worked to make America great, and many gave their lives for their country. By being a good family member and a good citizen, by working for your country's good and obeying its laws, you do your duty to your country. Obeying the Scout Law means living by its 12 points.

DUTY TO OTHER PEOPLE: Many people need help. A cheery smile and a helping hand make life easier for others. By doing a Good Turn daily and helping when you're needed, you prove yourself a Scout and do your part to make this a better world.

DUTY TO SELF: Keeping yourself physically strong means taking care of your body. Eat the right foods and build your strength. Staying mentally awake means learn all you can, be curious, and ask questions. Being morally straight means to live your life with honesty, to be clean in your speech and actions, and to be a person of strong character.

<<

Mind, I will mourn the loss of the scouts as I now mourn the loss of our country and the loss of life in the Caribbean as we know it. So many changes and I don't think any of them have been for the good.

The answer was mine. Gays want to be scouts because they want to do the same things their peers are doing.

How fucking retarded are you that you believe gay kids spend all their waking moments thinking about gay activities?

You are calling me an idiot again? I offered once before Ravi to compare curriculum vitae with you.

Now on to your 'answer"

Here is the relevant definition of peer.
peer
1 &#8194; &#8194;/p&#618;&#601;r/ Show Spelled[peer] Show IPA
&#8211;noun
a person who is equal to another in abilities, qualifications, age, background, and social status.

Clearly the claim can be made that they are not members of the Boy Scout member's peer group.

as to the question about Jindal, still no answer?

One more thing Ravi before you drink your milk and take a nap. Where did I say gays, children or otherwise, spend all their time thinking about gay activities?

Last edited:
Yes they do. For the leaders; not the boys. Its a Christian organization but they accept all faiths ex atheism. But its another case of "don't ask; don't tell" which worked for how long in the military?

These lawsuits aren't about gays. They're not even about Christians. Its about moral relativists wanting to destroy any organization that promotes leadership. They want sheep. And they are using the CHILDREN as sacrificial lambs to advance their agenda.

Fortunately they are losing. For now. Many of those Scouts will be leading the country some day.

And I must say the ignorance of some people is quite shocking to me. These discussions are for the adults. I guarantee 90 percent of the scouts have no clue about these issues. No child is being "taught" about homosexuals. Only pervy adults think sex is relevant to children.

You are calling me an idiot again? I offered once before Ravi to compare curriculum vitae with you.

Now on to your 'answer"

peer
–noun
a person who is equal to another in abilities, qualifications, age, background, and social status.

Clearly the claim can be made that they are not members of the Boy Scout member's peer group.

One more thing Ravi before you drink your milk and take a nap. Where did I say gays, children or otherwise, spend all their time thinking about gay activities?

I think this definition is more accurate:

Main Entry: 1peer
Pronunciation: \&#712;pir\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French per, from per, adjective, equal, from Latin par
Date: 13th century

1 : one that is of equal standing with another : equal; especially : one belonging to the same societal group especially based on age, grade, or status.

All other variables being equal, a young man who is gay would be a peer to the other scouts.

Now on to your 'answer"

peer
–noun

Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French per, from per, adjective, equal, from Latin par

1 : one that is of equal standing with another : equal; especially : one belonging to the same societal group especially based on age, grade, or status.

All other variables being equal, a young man who is gay would be a peer to the other scouts.

gays are by definition not Christians. Sure some pretend they are, but they are not. Therefor the BSA have a legitimate claim that gays are NOT in the same societal group as them.

Yes they do. For the leaders; not the boys. Its a Christian organization but they accept all faiths ex atheism. But its another case of "don't ask; don't tell" which worked for how long in the military?

These lawsuits aren't about gays. They're not even about Christians. Its about moral relativists wanting to destroy any organization that promotes leadership.

Oh come on, that's bullshit and you know it. It's like people saying Obama's critics just secretly hate black people.

Go on and show me people who were attacking the boy scouts before they started discriminating.

They want sheep. And they are using the CHILDREN as sacrificial lambs to advance their agenda.

Which would be what?

Now on to your 'answer"

peer
–noun

gays are by definition not Christians. Sure some pretend they are, but they are not. Therefor the BSA have a legitimate claim that gays are NOT in the same societal group as them.

You might have a point if the BSA excluded Jews, Hindus and Muslims.

They don't....so you don't.

Forum List

Back