Budget

We accumulated our debt over 30 years, we can pay it off over 30 years
Whatever, you may be fine with loads of debt.

I much prefer to have no debt, having debt always makes one a slave.

I owe nothing to anyone... Feels great.
Think on how much better our country would function is that was true, negotiations would sooo much better on our part, we could actually stand our ground as an country on everything.

Too bad we passed the piont of no return decades ago...

Debt is no problem if you are able to make the payments. I owe more in debt than I make in a year but I can easily make the payments

Doesn't mean I am bankrupt and I am in no hurry to pay it off
Your living backwards then...
Not at all
Most Americans understand the concept of credit and the accumulation and management of debt. Most businesses run on the same principle
Does not make it right...
In debt = means being a slave
Incorrect.

Think on how much better our country would function is that was true, negotiations would sooo much better on our part, we could actually stand our ground as an country on everything.

Debt is no problem if you are able to make the payments. I owe more in debt than I make in a year but I can easily make the payments

Doesn't mean I am bankrupt and I am in no hurry to pay it off
Your living backwards then...
Not at all
Most Americans understand the concept of credit and the accumulation and management of debt. Most businesses run on the same principle
Does not make it right...
In debt = means being a slave

I carry a couple hundred thousand in debt. Doesn't make me a slave. It allows me more purchasing power and and ability to pay over time. If I can borrow at 4% and earn at 8%, I am better off with the debt

I could not live with myself being in debt... I don't know how you guys can do it.

My rating is zero, never borrowed in my adult life.

Lets return to the pre-Reagan tax rates and apply 100% of the added revenue to paying down debt
Ok, you try that, being a drop in the ocean.
Let's tax 100% of the top 50%... Still a drop in the ocean.

Next...

Far from a drop in the ocean

Federal Tax Revenue Surpasses $3 Trillion for First Time Ever

And that was from only a 4% hike on those making over $400K
Long way to go... Still

Next...

You don't have a mortgage rusty ? Student loans maybe ?

Ok, you try that, being a drop in the ocean.
Let's tax 100% of the top 50%... Still a drop in the ocean.

Next...

Far from a drop in the ocean

Federal Tax Revenue Surpasses $3 Trillion for First Time Ever

And that was from only a 4% hike on those making over $400K
Long way to go... Still

Next...

You don't have a mortgage rusty ? Student loans maybe ?
No, I fully own my home and businesses.
I have a zero credit rating never borrowed money in my adult life.

How'd u get a house ? Inherit?

Good for u on the non debt thing . But that's not feasible for everyone . Actually , it would be bad for the economy if we were all debt free . Crazy as that sounds .

It will require all of the Democrats to vote for it to pass, the deal was struck in secret, the rank and file Republicans were not even consulted, yeah I'd say the GOP RINO's screwed us over again. Why do we even bother sending our representatives to Washington?
Wrong ... it will require sane Democrats to join sane Republicans in getting the crises out of the way of Presidential election game playing.
The only sane ones are the ones standing their ground no matter the cost...
If you mean that there are benefits in government stalemate, I agree. It gets incompetent when they can't do the basics.

It will require all of the Democrats to vote for it to pass, the deal was struck in secret, the rank and file Republicans were not even consulted, yeah I'd say the GOP RINO's screwed us over again. Why do we even bother sending our representatives to Washington?
Wrong ... it will require sane Democrats to join sane Republicans in getting the crises out of the way of Presidential election game playing.
The only sane ones are the ones standing their ground no matter the cost...
If you mean that there are benefits in government stalemate, I agree. It gets incompetent when they can't do the basics.
When any progressive says they Are getting something done, make sure you look and make sure you are not fleeced.

what Ryan "should" do, is go before the American people and explain to them that a government shut down is better than this deal. And why this budget has ramifications that are disastrous especially to those on SS

Forum List

Back