Bush calls for unity in a crisis......Trump makes it about him

.@PeteHegseth “Oh bye the way, I appreciate the message from former President Bush, but where was he during Impeachment calling for putting partisanship aside.” @foxandfriends He was nowhere to be found in speaking up against the greatest Hoax in American history!

Ya, a Constitutionally prescribed impeachment is just like a global epidemic killing hundreds of thousands of people with the potential of killing millions.

Impeached President Trump still promotes the lie his impeachment was a hoax. Someone needs to tell him his lie is not believable since he was, in fact, impeached.

The impeached indeed happened, so the best description for it is an "unsubstantiated, partisan impeachment." That would be more accurate.

No, you are distorting a fact. Impeachment is compared to an indictment of wrongdoing by a majority of the elected officials, Representatives, in our House of Representatives, one of the two bodies that comprise our Congress. A majority of elected officials in the House of Representatives determined Donald Trump had committed wrongdoing and hence, deserved Impeachment.

Donald Trump is an impeached President and he will always be an impeached President. History will determine whether his impeachment was fair or proper. not, pro or anti forces of today.

They didn’t actually tell their base that
I think some Democrats did tell their base to vote Republican if they didn't like NAFTA; although, they may have used different memes.
1000x-1.jpg

Nafta Wasn't Just About Politics for Bill Clinton

"Bill Clinton was an ardent backer of free trade even before he ran for president in 1992. Accordingly, a defining issue of his campaign was his support for the North American Free Trade Agreement.

"Once elected, he faced vigorous challenges on trade from within the Democratic Party and from organized labor, but in that difficult environment he deployed the full powers of the presidency to get Nafta approved
"

We have a President who is making George W Bush look like a dignified statesman.
Dignified statesmen are not what we need now. We need someone who is wiling to fight back.
You guys have to pretend that the only way to "fight back" is to act like a spoiled, ignorant 12 year old brat.

Who knows. Maybe that's what you really think.

We have a President who is making George W Bush look like a dignified statesman.

We have officially exited reality now.

Dignified statesmen are not what we need now. We need someone who is wiling to fight back.
And what we have is a man child who can’t take any criticism and constantly complains how everyone is picking on him

Which is what you would say, because you cannot respect someone who does not go along with your mob.

And what we have is a man child who can’t take any criticism and constantly complains how everyone is picking on him
Maybe the Trumpsters can personally relate to that kind of behavior.

George Bush made a call for the nation to come together in a time of crisis.
Trump mocked him and said....where was your call for unit while I was being impeached?

In a three-minute video shared on Twitter on Saturday, Bush urged Americans to remember "how small our differences are in the face of this shared threat."

"In the final analysis, we are not partisan combatants. We are human beings, equally vulnerable and equally wonderful in the sight of god," Bush said. "We rise or fall together, and we are determined to rise."

It is a valid question. The Impeachment was incredibly divisive. And Bush was quiet.

& neither did carter or obama. i do believe slick willy did - that he said 'congress was doing their job' just like they did their job when he was potus. but he said that after being questioned directly during an interview.

it's normal protocol for past potus' to remain quiet about the current potus during their term (outside of the election cycle)

The partisan hate the Left is constantly putting out there, is tearing this country apart.

the partisan hate the right is constantly putting out there, is tearing this country apart.

& it started with:

breitbart-obama-booklet.jpg

CONtinued with:

teabagger.jpeg

View attachment 331744

4d936ba1ccd1d56d33710000

& tried to end with this:

mitch-mcconnell-make-obama-one-term-president.jpg

& the result was this:

person-of-the-year-donald-trump-president-of-the-divided-8971057.png

Questioning whether or not Obama was really an American, was not hate. It is a reasonable response to someone so far to the Left, that they did not seem to be an American.

You people are so far gone, you can't even see how radical you are.

Trump mocked him and said....where was your call for unit while I was being impeached?

In a three-minute video shared on Twitter on Saturday, Bush urged Americans to remember "how small our differences are in the face of this shared threat."

"In the final analysis, we are not partisan combatants. We are human beings, equally vulnerable and equally wonderful in the sight of god," Bush said. "We rise or fall together, and we are determined to rise."
The first thing you do after Bush calls for unity is to sow disunity. This thread for example. You have a hard time taking advice, RW.

Let’s examine what our president has done to sow disunity

Pitted states against each other in competing for resources
Mocked states who can’t compete
Praised Republican governors while attacking Democratic governors
Urged people to revolt against virus restrictions
Mocked and blamed other countries
Refused to talk to Governors who don’t praise him
Refused to accept responsibility

Meanwhile, instead of responding to his attempts to sow disunity by trying bring about unity, you simply respond in kind.

Please don't tell me you're helping the situation. Because your not.

You are the least bit interested in unity.

You guys have to pretend that the only way to "fight back" is to act like a spoiled, ignorant 12 year old brat.

Everything else has failed. Hell, I can't even talk to you. You are the closest thing to a reasonable lib on this site, and you don't even listen.

Trump won. So that's something.

You call us childish insults like "Trumpsters" and then act as though it is something wrong with US, that we don't take your criticism as valid.

Dude. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM, NOT US.

Everything else has failed. Hell, I can't even talk to you. You are the closest thing to a reasonable lib on this site, and you don't even listen.

Oh, I pay close attention. I observe carefully, and I ask a lot of questions. There is a difference between listening and blindly & obediently falling in line.

And there's more ways to fight back than to act like a spoiled, ignorant 12 year old brat, but it does require that the individual has the capacity to do so.

You call us childish insults like "Trumpsters" and then act as though it is something wrong with US, that we don't take your criticism as valid.

Dude. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM, NOT US.
I'm not worried about you guys taking my criticism as valid.

Sorry.

Oh, I pay close attention. I observe carefully, and I ask a lot of questions. There is a difference between listening and blindly & obediently falling in line.

And there's more ways to fight back than to act like a spoiled, ignorant 12 year old brat, but it does require that the individual has the capacity to do so.

YOu did not listen. Because in the post you just replied to, I addressed your point, about "require the capacity to do so".

I pointed out, that we already tried all of that, and it failed repeatedly. Hell, I tried/try it all the time, but you people don't listen.

Even you, the most reasonable lib on the site, don't listen.

Your bit, where you conflated "listening" to "falling in line".

Just....Wow.

Where are you?

1588597829444.png

YOu did not listen. Because in the post you just replied to, I addressed your point, about "require the capacity to do so".

I pointed out, that we already tried all of that, and it failed repeatedly. Hell, I tried/try it all the time, but you people don't listen.

Just....Wow.

Where are you?

View attachment 331753
We're definitely in different universes.

I'm sure yours is the correct one.

Just....Wow.

Where are you?

View attachment 331753

And you continue to not listen.

If one side doesn't listen, but continues to attack, then dismissing them and attacking back is a valid response.

And as we can see, works far better than trying to talk reasonably to people that are not listening.

Just....Wow.

Where are you?

View attachment 331753

If one side doesn't listen, but continues to attack, then dismissing them and attacking back is a valid response.

And as we can see, works far better than trying to talk reasonably to people that are not listening.
Very, very, very ironic.

People really can disagree with you, but, as you say, WE are the problem, NOT YOU.

Believe what you will. You're not listening.

Just....Wow.

Where are you?

View attachment 331753

Very, very, very ironic.

People really can disagree with you, but, as you say, WE are the problem, NOT YOU.

Did you ever watch the video that I linked for you, of "Stop making me defend Donald Trump"?

THe one I promised you was funny, and done by a liberal?

Just....Wow.

Where are you?

View attachment 331753

Very, very, very ironic.

Did you ever watch the video that I linked for you, of "Stop making me defend Donald Trump"?

I don't remember.

Make a point. Otherwise, let's end this tedious conversation.

george-bush-miss-me-yet.jpg

Just....Wow.

Where are you?

View attachment 331753

Very, very, very ironic.

I don't remember.

Make a point. Otherwise, let's end this tedious conversation.

That was my point. YOu don't listen.

We can't have a serious debate on serious issues, when one side, has stopped listening.

Trump is one possible reply to one side not listening.

And the next one will be worst.

If there is no talking, but still conflicts of interests, fighting is normally the next step.

Forum List

Back