Can Any Rightwinger Give Me A Solid Argument Why Private Industry Instead Of Government Should Run..

Health care shouldn't be run by government for the same reason that nothing else should be run by government unless it's absolutely necessary. To understand why this is the case, we need a clear understanding of what government does, in particular what it can do, that other public institutions cannot: government forces conformity.

So when we're asking whether any aspects of our lives should be "run by government" we're asking whether it's justified to force conformity. In my view, if we wish to maintain a free society, we should only force conformity when non-conformity is truly intolerable. I don't think that's the case with health care.

I disagree. It is intolerable that people can't get affordable healthcare. It is equally intolerable that I have to pay for their medical insurance.

There are million ways this could be fixed with government regulations rather than government medical insurance.

Health care shouldn't be run by government for the same reason that nothing else should be run by government unless it's absolutely necessary. To understand why this is the case, we need a clear understanding of what government does, in particular what it can do, that other public institutions cannot: government forces conformity.

So when we're asking whether any aspects of our lives should be "run by government" we're asking whether it's justified to force conformity. In my view, if we wish to maintain a free society, we should only force conformity when non-conformity is truly intolerable. I don't think that's the case with health care.

I disagree. It is intolerable that people can't get affordable healthcare. It is equally intolerable that I have to pay for their medical insurance.

There are million ways this could be fixed with government regulations rather than government medical insurance.

Yes, and there are a million ways this could be fixed without government regulations. Arguably, the reckless urge to regulate everything is what created the problem in the first place. We regulate away our freedom to solve problems for ourselves and then use that as an excuse to regulate away even more of our freedom. How far down that path do we really want to go?

The painfully obvious problem you people have is that you buy into this teabagger propaganda that government is inherently flawed therefore it is doomed to fail if taking over the healthcare system. That's just stupid. No system is perfect. Yes Canadian's system has flaws but so does any other system. Ours sucks a big one for the simple reason of its affordability. I know you cons have a deficit with empathy but for those of you who ever wind up with cancer or other costly life threatening diseases you will see how shitty it is.
It is abundantly clear that you are a deeply flawed human being. No form of government can be trusted and must be watched and if necessary, pulled back from abuse. The fact that you are actually in a headlong rush to return to the kind of servitude we escaped 236 years ago should frighten you, but you buy into the progressive propaganda that government can take care of you.

I seriously think you've been debating an adolescent. He reasons and talks like a child...
I doubt he has a mortgage or insurance or even a car..He might be old enough to have his drivers license..
Lol it's so much easier to dismiss those who disagree with you by demonizing them isn't it?

There's nothing wrong with being young and immature and having little life experience....and pretending to know everything...while not even owning a car a house, or having insurance...
I'm 28 with a BA in psychology. I have a full time job including benefits. I support myself 100% without any gov assistance. Teabaggers living off Medicare on the other hand...

The painfully obvious problem you people have is that you buy into this teabagger propaganda that government is inherently flawed therefore it is doomed to fail if taking over the healthcare system. That's just stupid. No system is perfect. Yes Canadian's system has flaws but so does any other system. Ours sucks a big one for the simple reason of its affordability. I know you cons have a deficit with empathy but for those of you who ever wind up with cancer or other costly life threatening diseases you will see how shitty it is.
It is abundantly clear that you are a deeply flawed human being. No form of government can be trusted and must be watched and if necessary, pulled back from abuse. The fact that you are actually in a headlong rush to return to the kind of servitude we escaped 236 years ago should frighten you, but you buy into the progressive propaganda that government can take care of you.

I seriously think you've been debating an adolescent. He reasons and talks like a child...
I doubt he has a mortgage or insurance or even a car..He might be old enough to have his drivers license..
Lol it's so much easier to dismiss those who disagree with you by demonizing them isn't it?

There's nothing wrong with being young and immature and having little life experience....and pretending to know everything...while not even owning a car a house, or having insurance...
I'm 28 with a BA in psychology. I have a full time job including benefits. I support myself 100% without any gov assistance. Teabaggers living off Medicare on the other hand...

That's astonishing. I seriously thought you were about 15 based on your "debate style"

LMAO.."teabaggers" :rolleyes:..your latency is leaking through.

So, let me get this straight.

You are FOR government ran health care, but rail about "tea baggers" on Medicare?

On the face of it, do you know how stupid that is?

You have essentially just said you are for government healthcare for all, except those with whom you disagree politically.

That's astonishing. I seriously thought you were about 15 based on your "debate style"

Lol are you suggesting you are more mature than i am. Based on what you post, why should I believe that?

Lol are you suggesting you are more mature than i am. Based on what you post, why should I believe that?

I'm not real concerned what you believe, scooter.

Like I said, there's nothing wrong with being young and naive with very little real life experience and thinking you know everything and everyone else is a fool.All kids do that... Keep at it, though..you'll mature.

I don't know about the other poster sonny, but I'm certain that I am more mature, more experience, and more knowledgeable than you on any given number of topics. This being just one of them.

A government program is considered a "success" if it comes in under 25% over budget and within 1 year of projected completion date.

Would never have guessed by your post that you had a degree or were over 18.

What is wrong with Medicare, I thought that was part of your utopia.

Would never have guessed by your post that you had a degree or were over 18.

What is wrong with Medicare, I thought that was part of your utopia.
Nothing is wrong with it. It just shows how hypocritical the tea baggers are who use it.

You pay for your own medical care? I doubt it. And let me ask you, since you're queer (yes you are...only queers use diminutives like "tea bagger" in web forums); so since you're queer, who do you think pays medical care for the two million people of color white queers spread STD's like AIDS to? You?

...our healthcare system?

Already there is a big money in healthcare. If corporations run our healthcare system, they can charge whatever they want. Seriously what good is having state of the art healthcare if poor people can't afford the most basic of cancer treatment?

Why would it not be better to create a system that insures proper treatment for everyone? Sure it wouldn't be perfect, but if you take away profit as an incentive you are less likely to have corruption. Let's stop wasting billions a year on useless defense expenses and focus that money on socialized medicine.

Here's a fun fact: polls show 92% of Canadians prefer the Canadian healthcare system over the US system.

Many corporations do run our Healthcare Systems. My own doctors are part of partnerships and corporations formed with other doctors. I would certainly imagine that the local hospitals are held by corporations with possibly the religiously affiliated ones such as Sacred Heart which is a Catholic hospital. I do know that many of the private imaging centers, Urology centers, Dialysis Centers, and even Dentists are corporations. These are all the very first front line providers of healthcare and are the ones that send their billings to your insurance carrier(s) and then on to you.

You pay for your own medical care? I doubt it. And let me ask you, since you're queer (yes you are...only queers use diminutives like "tea bagger" in web forums); so since you're queer, who do you think pays medical care for the two million people of color white queers spread STD's like AIDS to? You?
Are you so retarded that you don't know what I mean by benefts? Yes moron. I get my health insurance through my job.

Yes only a bigoted dumbshit republican would find it relevant to bring up homosexuality while flaming. More than likely you are simply a closeted homosexual for bringing it up.

Are you so retarded that you don't know what I mean by benefts? Yes moron. I get my health insurance through my job.

Yes only a bigoted dumbshit republican would find it relevant to bring up homosexuality while flaming. More than likely you are simply a closeted homosexual for bringing it up.

Sounds like I struck a nerve. Good.

Strange, I've never received a bill from an insurance company for any medical treatment. I have received overblown medical bills from medical providers only to later find those over-inflated bills were settled at a very much reduced rate by my insurance carrier. I actually find insurance premiums to be quite a bargain considering that the bills cumulating from a single heart attack can easily wipe out five years of paid in insurance premiums. Before Obamacare, insurance companies ranked 80th in profit margins among American industries.

Here's a few reasons

The government spent over $1 Billion to develop the only website on the planet that can't tell you when someone bought your product

The government runs public housing, the Post Office and the DMV
Okay so your basic, simple minded point is that sometimes gov fails. Well I can give you countless examples of private industry failing. Does that mean we should abolish capitalism? No of course not.

Actually a private company can run a business more "efficiently" than government can. Have you seen the wait times at a DMV? Can UPS deliver packages without going deeper in the red each year like the Post Office?

Forum List

Back