🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Catholics Don't Exemplify Christianity...

Please don't use Catholicism as an example of Christianity..
Their doctrine is flawed.

You pray to GOD and JESUS not Mary.
Your sins are forgiven by GOD, not a Priest.

It's CRAP!

You do realize that they feel the same way about your doctrine?

How will God sort out all of the flavors of believers in his son when it comes to Judgement Day?

I wonder why he didn't provide an instruction manual that was not so open for interpretation that it resulted in 3 major branches of his worshippers, and within those branches hundreds of sub-branches that each consider every other branch to be 'wrong'.

It's CRAP!
Who does exemplify the teachings of Jesus the Christ?

Is there any religion that condemns the abomination of hypocrisy as that form of repugnance and insubordination to a god and fellow men.

Nothing is more noble, nothing more venerable than fidelity. Faithfulness and truth are the most sacred excellences and endowments of the human mind.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Simply complaining about fornicators and human sexuality in modern times instead of the abomination of hypocrisy is not noble, venerable, nor faithful, nor truthful--merely, political.

It's CRAP!

How will God sort out all of the flavors of believers in his son when it comes to Judgement Day?

I wonder why he didn't provide an instruction manual that was not so open for interpretation that it resulted in 3 major branches of his worshippers, and within those branches hundreds of sub-branches that each consider every other branch to be 'wrong'.

Certain denominations have unbiblical doctrine, and this needs to be pointed out.
The Bible is the most reliable and trusted source for your worship.
Prayer and the Bible are KEYS to your relationship with God. Everything flows from that.

The instruction manual is the Bible.

In summary, the church is not a building or a denomination. According to the Bible, the church is the body of Christ—all those who have placed their faith in Jesus Christ for salvation (John 3:16; 1 Corinthians 12:13).

Local churches are gatherings of members of the universal church.

It's CRAP!

Certain denominations have unbiblical doctrine, and this needs to be pointed out.
Prayer and the Bible are KEYS to your relationship with God. Everything flows from that.

The Apostle’s Creed

I believe in God, the Father Almighty, the Maker of heaven and earth,
 and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord:
Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost,
 born of the virgin Mary,
 suffered under Pontius Pilate,
 was crucified, dead, and buried;
He descended into hell. The third day He arose again from the dead;
He ascended into heaven,
 and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
 from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Ghost;
 the holy catholic church;
 the communion of saints;
 the forgiveness of sins;
 the resurrection of the body;
 and the life everlasting.
Amen.
Catholic as UNIVERSAL=One Church. Christians supposed to believe in that and their clergy should know that.
Protestants recite the above in their services unless they are way out whack.

It's CRAP!

Great instruction manual.
Catholics and Protestants and Eastern Orthodox have major disagreements- all reading the same bible.

Then we have all of the protestant flavors- from the almost Catholic Episcopalians to the Methodists and Presbyterians and Baptists.

Then of course Church of Christ, Seventh Day Adventists, Christian Scientists.........

All sure that they understand what God meant in the Bible- and all sure that everyone else is wrong.

Imagine if our driving laws were as misunderstood?

It's CRAP!

Catholics and Protestants and Eastern Orthodox have major disagreements- all reading the same bible.

Then we have all of the protestant flavors- from the almost Catholic Episcopalians to the Methodists and Presbyterians and Baptists.

Then of course Church of Christ, Seventh Day Adventists, Christian Scientists.........

All sure that they understand what God meant in the Bible- and all sure that everyone else is wrong.

Many of those religions don't even believe the Bible as the Word of God.
It's an interesting topic to discuss, but anyone not convinced will be when they take their last breath.....

It's CRAP!

It's an interesting topic to discuss, but anyone not convinced will be when they take their last breath.....

I believe that they all believe the Bible is the word of God, but I don't claim to be an expert- they all certainly base their faith on the Bible.

It's CRAP!

Protestants let the "scholars" explain to them what means what on Bible study groups, Sunday Schools and such. They flash their infallible knowledge with buzz words such as "the Greek word, the Hebrew word" means this and that. Martin Luther's idea was that people reading the Scriptures and let the Spirit work within them then they would come to understanding. I think if people just learned the teachings on their own and let the Scriptures "talk" to them then, live their lives as they understood from the Holy Book instead of worrying about other folks it would solve a lot of problems.

It's CRAP!

I believe that they all believe the Bible is the word of God, but I don't claim to be an expert- they all certainly base their faith on the Bible.

No, me either! Only what God reveals to me - anything I know is because of Him!
I'm praying for strength today!!! :)

It's CRAP!

Nobody ever prayed to Mary as a goddess.
Not since she was co-opted by the Church, anyway.

Like it or not, Catholicism is the origin of Christianity. Go with another flavor for your own practice if you like, but you can't deny historical fact.

The origin of Christianity is the Apostles after Christ's death. The Way.
People that consider a Christian life should look elsewhere than the Catholic church for proper Biblical teaching and doctrine.

As I said above, whatever you consider "proper", that's your choice. But you can't deny history. The Catholic Church was THE (Christian) church until Protestants made it necessary to distinguish which Christian church. Catholicism invented Christianism. So your original statement that Catholicism isn't an example of Christianity is still invalid. It would be like trying to insist that Latin does not exemplify Romance languages just because you don't like how it handled the genitive case.

I've never understood this vehement reactionary denialism about Catholics. We were never taught to hate Presbyterians, Methodists or any other Protestant sect. One of those religious "mystreries" I guess.

Actually the early church was Catholic. That will require picking up a book outside of the bible.
And which book is that? Or is it one hidden in the Vatican vault?

Actual history books.
If you are so much in the know why be so vague? History books were written long after scrolls from antiquity

I'm not vague about it. I post frequently on early Christianity. It's best to look outside of the bible and look at the actual history. Everything that you have in that book was brought to you by Catholics. It was chosen for you by leaders of the early Catholic church.

It's CRAP!

Nobody ever prayed to Mary as a goddess.
Not since she was co-opted by the Church, anyway.

Like it or not, Catholicism is the origin of Christianity. Go with another flavor for your own practice if you like, but you can't deny historical fact.

The origin of Christianity is the Apostles after Christ's death. The Way.
People that consider a Christian life should look elsewhere than the Catholic church for proper Biblical teaching and doctrine.

As I said above, whatever you consider "proper", that's your choice. But you can't deny history. The Catholic Church was THE (Christian) church until Protestants made it necessary to distinguish which Christian church. Catholicism invented Christianism. So your original statement that Catholicism isn't an example of Christianity is still invalid. It would be like trying to insist that Latin does not exemplify Romance languages just because you don't like how it handled the genitive case.

I've never understood this vehement reactionary denialism about Catholics. We were never taught to hate Presbyterians, Methodists or any other Protestant sect. One of those religious "mystreries" I guess.
During the ceremony of mass it is very specific that only those allowed by "the church" worthy to receive the eucharist are "one" with God and everyone else they do not deem worthy...which means everyone else who didn't take the class...are excluded. The term hate doesn't belong but rather a feeling and declaration of superiority is more accurate. I approached the priest about this and asked him who exactly he thought he was to proclaim such given 90% of the people in there or more have no personal relationship with Jesus they only know about him by what he (the priest) informs them and yet someone who actually does know Jesus personally is informed they are not accepted into the kingdom of God upon your set of criteria? I told him to go read John 3:16.

Know why Jesus could never have been their Pope? He was Jewish

Actually the early church was Catholic. That will require picking up a book outside of the bible.
And which book is that? Or is it one hidden in the Vatican vault?

Actual history books.
If you are so much in the know why be so vague? History books were written long after scrolls from antiquity

I'm not vague about it. I post frequently on early Christianity. It's best to look outside of the bible and look at the actual history. Everything that you have in that book was brought to you by Catholics. It was chosen for you by leaders of the early Catholic church.
If you are so versed you would be able to reference said materials instead of speaking in generalities. If you are referring to compiling the cannon that just means that what was decided to be included in the bible. It doesn't mean they wrote it.

During the ceremony of mass it is very specific that only those allowed by "the church" worthy to receive the eucharist are "one" with God and everyone else they do not deem worthy...which means everyone else who didn't take the class...are excluded. The term hate doesn't belong but rather a feeling and declaration of superiority is more accurate. I approached the priest about this and asked him who exactly he thought he was to proclaim such given 90% of the people in there or more have no personal relationship with Jesus they only know about him by what he (the priest) informs them and yet someone who actually does know Jesus personally is informed they are not accepted into the kingdom of God upon your set of criteria? I told him to go read John 3:16.

Know why Jesus could never have been their Pope? He was Jewish

It is not a matter of superiority at all. It is a matter of belief. Catholics believe that the consecrated bread and wine is Christ present in them, body, blood, soul, and divinity. Receiving the sacrament is a statement/confirmation of this belief.

Anyone who does not hold this belief (and many think it is "icky" and compare it to cannibalism) will not want to be associated with receiving the Eucharist. However, Christ's blessings belong to all those who wish to receive that blessing, and they join the communion line to receive the blessings while retaining their own beliefs about the consecrated bread and wine. They are certainly not excluded from the Kingdom.

Really? Because to me it is quite clearly stated in this that only those who participate in the communion may have the gift of being filled with the Holy Spirit and become one body, one Spirit in Christ.

Memorial Offering

(Priest) Look with favour on your Church's offering, and see the Victim whose death has reconciled us to yourself.
Grant that we, who are nourished by his body and blood, may be filled with his Holy Spirit, and become one body, one spirit in Christ.

Forum List

Back