CBO: Stimulus saved between 5 to 25 million jobs

Bush killed Uncle Sam. Now righties are rabid because Obama can't him back to life soon enough.

More smoke from the board fraud.

You catch those bombers yet or are you willing to admit it was likely a group of drugged up OWSers who dropped their explosive on the floor and were to stupified to know what to do ?

Do you folks know the difference between budget deficit and national debt?

Sorry, Lakhota...but it's been so long since Obama and the Democrats submitted a budget that I've forgotten what they are...:lol:

Oh well, Bush wasn't too keen on budgets, either. He kept both wars off-budget.

Yeah, but he submitted one, Lakhota...as a matter of fact ALL the Presidents have done that...except for Barack. So what's up with that?

Sorry, Lakhota...but it's been so long since Obama and the Democrats submitted a budget that I've forgotten what they are...:lol:

Yeah, but he submitted one, Lakhota...as a matter of fact ALL the Presidents have done that...except for Barack. So what's up with that?

It's that transparancy part of hope and change. It is so clear....we can't find the $$%^ thing.

To my knowledge, Obama has submitted THREE budgets so far.

I think this crap about jobs saved is nonsense. When I lookup the total employed in Jan 2009 and I see its 133,568k, and then I see that number is 131,516k as of Oct 2011, I figure we're still down 2 million jobs. These numbers came straight from the BLS website. So anyone can spin it anyway they want, but we got an unemployment problem that has not been solved. And no $450 billion jobs bill is going to make a difference, it's ridiculous to think that employers are going to hire people now for a temporary tax cut that goes away in Jan 2013, which is when Obama wants to raise taxes. That bill is purely political and will not fix the problem, and anyone with an ounce of sense knows it.

I think this crap about jobs saved is nonsense. When I lookup the total employed in Jan 2009 and I see its 133,568k, and then I see that number is 131,516k as of Oct 2011, I figure we're still down 2 million jobs. These numbers came straight from the BLS website. So anyone can spin it anyway they want, but we got an unemployment problem that has not been solved. And no $450 billion jobs bill is going to make a difference, it's ridiculous to think that employers are going to hire people now for a temporary tax cut that goes away in Jan 2013, which is when Obama wants to raise taxes. That bill is purely political and will not fix the problem, and anyone with an ounce of sense knows it.

That is true, we are still down more than 2 million from the peak.

Maybe the CBO forgot to put a minus sign in front of the figure they released?

What's the old saying...bullshit in...bullshit out? If you're computing with bogus numbers then your results are going to be worthless and we ARE using bogus numbers.

What's the old saying...bullshit in...bullshit out? If you're computing with bogus numbers then your results are going to be worthless and we ARE using bogus numbers.

Add up the monthly numbers on this chart between Feb 2009 and Oct 2011 and you will come to a net-loss of a little more than 2 million.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

If the BLS is bogus then there's no point in arguing.

good grief. between 5to 25 million..

couldn't they come UP WITH A NUMBER or are we suppose to pick one.

So yeah sure...I believe it, really..:eusa_whistle:

I guess they're suppose to VOTE on it--and then we'll get the ACTUAL number---:lol::lol:

Because they obviously don't know what that answer really is---:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Just another erroneous statement sent out there to thrill the sheepeople Obummer herd.

GoatHerd.jpg

Last edited:
By caheidelberger

President George W. Bush referred to his 2001 tax cuts as a “fiscal straitjacket for Congress.” Alas, he never forced them to put it on. As President Barack Obama said last night, the Bush Administration and Congress put two wars and a medicare prescription drug benefit on the credit card. Republicans didn’t get serious about tightening the straps on that straitjacket until a Democratic President and Congress needed the fiscal leeway to pour on government stimulus to avert a capital-D Depression.

The following charts lay out where we can lay responsibility for our federal deficits.

Yes We Can Blame Bush for Deficit

By caheidelberger

President George W. Bush referred to his 2001 tax cuts as a “fiscal straitjacket for Congress.” Alas, he never forced them to put it on. As President Barack Obama said last night, the Bush Administration and Congress put two wars and a medicare prescription drug benefit on the credit card. Republicans didn’t get serious about tightening the straps on that straitjacket until a Democratic President and Congress needed the fiscal leeway to pour on government stimulus to avert a capital-D Depression.

The following charts lay out where we can lay responsibility for our federal deficits.

We can blame Obama for a deficit that's four times larger than Bush's.

By caheidelberger

Clinton spent 432 million a day
G.W Bush spent 1.6 BILLION dollars a day
Barack Obama is spending 4.3 BILLION dollars a day

images

1 billion dollars--$100.00 dollar bills stacked on pallets

How do Bush and Obama compare on closer inspection? Just about like they do on an initial glance. According to the White House's Office of Management and Budget, during his eight fiscal years, Bush ran up a total of $3.283 trillion in deficit spending (p. 22). In his first two fiscal years, Obama will run up a total of $2.826 trillion in deficit spending ($1.294 trillion in 2010, an estimated $1.267 trillion in 2011 (p. 23), and the $265 billion in "stimulus" money that was spent in 2009). Thus, Bush ran up an average of $410 billion in deficit spending per year, while Obama is running up an average of $1.413 trillion in deficit spending per year — or $1.003 trillion a year more than Bush.

Obama, of course, has said the economy made him do it. But the average inflation-adjusted deficits through Obama's first two fiscal years will be more than ten times higher than the average inflation-adjusted deficit during the Great Depression. Even as a percentage of the gross domestic product, the average deficits in Obama's first two fiscal years will more than three times higher the average deficit during the Great Depression. The fact that Obama's deficits have, by any standard, more than tripled those of the Great Depression, cannot convincingly be blamed on the current recession.

And none of this even takes into account Obamacare, which the Congressional Budget Office says would increase spending by more than $2 trillion in its real first decade (2014 to 2023) — and which, even under very rosy projections, the CBO says would increase the national debt by $341 billion by the end of 2019.

It's not often that one gets to hear a call for "responsible" fiscal stewardship from someone whose deficit spending is outpacing President Bush's by more than $1 trillion a year — yet that's apparently what we'll get to hear tonight. But President Obama's actions tell another, far clearer, story about his commitment to deficit reduction.

http://www.npr.org/2011/01/25/133211508/the-weekly-standard-obama-vs-bush-on-debt

Last edited:
By caheidelberger

We can blame Obama for a deficit that's four times larger than Bush's.

I got no problem blaming Bush for his prolifigate spending, but let's not forget we had to have democrat support for all that stuff. They coulda blocked all of it in the Senate, and the repub majority in the House wasn't very much either.

But Obama in 4 years is going to surpass Bush's debt increase in 8, and it's not like he can claim the GOP is partly responsible for that cuz they ain't.

Do you folks know the difference between budget deficit and national debt?

Here we go again. In the absence of an argument in support of Obama to counter what he has done TO the country, libs fall back position is to blame Bush.
33 Months in office and Obama's fans still cannot accept responsibility.
Typical libs.

Budget Spin: Obama and Republicans give different -- and less-than-factual -- takes on the president's 2012 budget.

FactCheck.org : Budget Spin

Obama came into office "with a $1.3 trillion deficit before I had passed any law. ... We came in with $8 trillion worth of debt over the next decade."

PolitiFact | Obama inherited deficits from Bush administration

The reason it was 1.3 trillion before Obama entered office was because the 750 Billion dollar TARP loans are included into that (something dems also voted for). And most of that was paid back, and instead of putting it back into the treasury, it got spent on more pork under Obama. The Treasury actually made a profit on many of their TARP investments, Solyndra on the other hand...

Budget Spin: Obama and Republicans give different -- and less-than-factual -- takes on the president's 2012 budget.

FactCheck.org : Budget Spin

Obama came into office "with a $1.3 trillion deficit before I had passed any law. ... We came in with $8 trillion worth of debt over the next decade."

PolitiFact | Obama inherited deficits from Bush administration

The reason it was 1.3 trillion before Obama entered office was because the 750 Billion dollar TARP loans are included into that (something dems also voted for). And most of that was paid back, and instead of putting it back into the treasury, it got spent on more pork under Obama. The Treasury actually made a profit on many of their TARP investments, Solyndra on the other hand...

Well, gee, that's a cute way to simply dismiss both links...

Here we go again. In the absence of an argument in support of Obama to counter what he has done TO the country, libs fall back position is to blame Bush.
33 Months in office and Obama's fans still cannot accept responsibility.
Typical libs.

Yes--sir--ree--BLAME Boooossshhhh--but let's not discuss how Barack Obama has outspent G.W. Bush by 3 times in the last three years.

The federal government is now borrowing .43 cents on every dollar it spends. We have now just passed the 15 trillion dollar deficit mark--and we have another 64 trillion in unfunded liabilities for social security/medicare funding--equating to $534,000.00 per household debt in America--and these idiot liberals think we can TAX our way out of this mess---:cuckoo::cuckoo:

images

1 billion dollars--$100.00 bills stacked on pallets

pallet_x_10000.jpg

1 trillion dollars--$100.00 bills stacked on pallets.

Forum List

Back