Christian friends of gays and lesbians

Unfortunately some are not willing to compromise at all. They want all or nothing.

Immie

Immie, please don't consider Sky as representative.

There are extremes on all sides and after the dust settles, the constitution still stands regardless of individual personalities.

Skydancer. Yer queer. God bless you. Yer still a dipsh*t. Want a medal? my brother fought in Nam, didn’t
get shit. My dad, he got a Japanese bullet in his left arm. Purple heart. He sold that for food. You? Working on that, sweet pea, working on that. God is on YOUR side. OH, yeah, religion despises homos like YOU.
You still believe in that theists mystical crap? God bless you. Yer still an idiot.

Last edited:
Like you're gonna support me. Right.

I'll support you as long as you don't insist on using the word marriage.

Sorry dillo. The deal is I agree to all former civil marriages, gay or straight, being called civil unions with all the rights and priveleges that legal marriiage once offered and I get to marry in MY Church.

go for it--I'm sure those that you are fighting for will be tickled to death that you chose the harder path.

Sorry dillo. The deal is I agree to all former civil marriages, gay or straight, being called civil unions with all the rights and priveleges that legal marriiage once offered and I get to marry in MY Church.

go for it--I'm sure those that you are fighting for will be tickled to death that you chose the harder path.
actually shes accepted the compromise that both Immie and i have been supporting all along

You belong to a church that won't marry you ? :lol::lol:

priceless

I was married in the Buddhist Center.

As I understand divecon's proposal there would no longer be a state marriage license. All licenses would be for civil unions, gay or straight. To 'marry' one would have to be in a church. I can live with that.

Last edited:
Unfortunately some are not willing to compromise at all. They want all or nothing.

Immie

Immie, please don't consider Sky as representative.

There are extremes on all sides and after the dust settles, the constitution still stands regardless of individual personalities.

Sky a representative?

Oh heck no!

Sky is a mild activists. She wants freedom. She does not want to take other's freedoms away. However, there are some who down right hate the church.

Immie

Like you're gonna support me. Right.

I'm good with that. Can we sign the agreement now?

When we do, I will claim victory because that is what I have been saying all along.

Immie

When we do, I will claim victory because that is what I have been saying all along.

Immie

I don't know. Can't have any Christians claiming victory near me.

Immie

Fine, you claim victory and we all live happily ever after.

Now, give me that damned agreement so I can sign it! :lol:

Immie

then what the hell is your problem ?

It's an ongoing struggle and will be for the rest of my life. I already posted about the rights and priveleges, did you read it?

grind that axe baby. No sympathy nor support here. If I'm going to use my time and energy to support a cause it's going to be for a better cause than yours.

You never planned to support marriage equality. Who are you kidding? I may have a marriage license but it really isn't worth much when it comes to that list of federal and state rights and priveleges. Any other marriage license would be honored in another state. Most of the rights and priveleges on the list are still denied to my partner and me.

Last edited:

You belong to a church that won't marry you ? :lol::lol:

priceless

I was married in the Buddhist Center.

As I understand divecon's proposal there would no longer be a state marriage license. All licenses would be for civil unions, gay or straight. To 'marry' one would have to be in a church. I can live with that.

To me, church = religious institution in this case. If I have said "church" throughout this thread, I have always meant religious institution of your choice.

Immie

Immie

you mean we cant have a win/win situation here?

It's an ongoing struggle and will be for the rest of my life. I already posted about the rights and priveleges, did you read it?

grind that axe baby. No sympathy nor support here. If I'm going to use my time and energy to support a cause it's going to be for a better cause than yours.

You never planned to support marriage equality. Who are you kidding. I may have a marriage license but it really isn't worth much. Any other marriage license would be honored in another state. Most of the rights and priveleges on the earlier list are still denied to my partner and me.

You have no idea what I support. See how you push away possible allies?

Forum List

Back