Christian friends of gays and lesbians

It's an ongoing struggle and will be for the rest of my life. I already posted about the rights and priveleges, did you read it?

grind that axe baby. No sympathy nor support here. If I'm going to use my time and energy to support a cause it's going to be for a better cause than yours.

You never planned to support marriage equality. Who are you kidding. I may have a marriage license but it really isn't worth much. Any other marriage license would be honored in another state. Most of the rights and priveleges on the earlier list are still denied to my partner and me.

I understand that the rights are nice to have, but the loving relationship is what counts. Having someone you can rely on is much more valuable.

Immie

Sorry dillo. The deal is I agree to all former civil marriages, gay or straight, being called civil unions with all the rights and priveleges that legal marriiage once offered and I get to marry in MY Church.

I'm good with that. Can we sign the agreement now?

When we do, I will claim victory because that is what I have been saying all along.

Immie

I don't know. Can't have any Christians claiming victory near me.

again--the truth wins out--you still are at war with Christianity under the guise of supporting gay marriage..

grind that axe baby. No sympathy nor support here. If I'm going to use my time and energy to support a cause it's going to be for a better cause than yours.

You never planned to support marriage equality. Who are you kidding. I may have a marriage license but it really isn't worth much. Any other marriage license would be honored in another state. Most of the rights and priveleges on the earlier list are still denied to my partner and me.

You have no idea what I support. See how you push away possible allies?

You an ally? Get out. All you ever do is give me grief.

I know---reality bites :lol:

Ocean Grove Camp Meeting Association, which is affiliated with UMC, owns the pavilion and all the land in Ocean Grove -- a nearly one-square-mile section of Neptune Township originally founded as a seaside religious retreat. Homeowners there lease land from the church group.

The Association said it was not required to permit civil union ceremonies in its Boardwalk Pavilion based on First Amendment rights.

But in its investigation, the civil rights division found that the Camp Meeting Association had been permitting the public to use the pavilion for weddings and secular events prior to the request from Bernstein and Paster.

The investigation found that the association was even granted a tax exemption for the pavilion from the state Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) nearly twenty years ago.

The church group was eligible for the exemption under the state's Green Acres law, DEP found, because it said that the pavilion would be open to the public "on an equal basis."
Finding: NJ church-owned town violated lesbian couple's rights when it barred them from public pavilion

Hey! It is a dirty job, but somebody has got to do it.

Immie

It's for legal rights and priveleges, not 'blessings'. Gay and lesbians get plenty of blessings, it's the civil rights we want.

I don't care if I marry in a church.

with all the rights and priveleges that legal marriiage once offered and I get to marry in MY Church.

:confused:

Your point?

I care more about the civil rights and priveleges than getting married in some right wing fundamentalist church. They can keep their bigotry.

I don't need that because I've already been married at a Buddhist Center.

It's for legal rights and priveleges, not 'blessings'. Gay and lesbians get plenty of blessings, it's the civil rights we want.

with all the rights and priveleges that legal marriiage once offered and I get to marry in MY Church.

:confused:

Your point?

I care more about the civil rights and priveleges than getting married in some right wing fundamentalist church. They can keep their bigotry.

and what about all these other people you are fighting for ?:eusa_whistle:

Your point?

As I understand it, if gays and lesbians agree to everyone, gay or straight being married in 'civil unions' we will still be free to marry in the church of our choice. The state license will say civil union.

Last edited:
Your point?

As I understand it, if gays and lesbians agree to everyone, gay or straight being married in 'civil unions' we will still be free to marry in the church of our choice.

if the rights are the same why do you care if they have different titles ?

As I understand it, if gays and lesbians agree to everyone, gay or straight being married in 'civil unions' we will still be free to marry in the church of our choice.

If the rights are the same I don't care.

Currently there is a world of difference between a het marriage and a domestic partnership. There's a difference between my marriage and a het marriage. The term marriage confers a higher status and acknowledges a family relationship.

Last edited:

Your point?

What makes you people think we are fighting in any way to force churches to go gay weddings?

If the rights are the same I don't care.

Currently there is a world of difference between a het marriage and a domestic partnership. There's a difference between my marriage and a het marriage.

You are right about that, but my entire point in this discussion has been that I believe the state should license all couples as civil unions regardless of sexual orientation giving exactly the same rights and privileges to all couples.

It is not up to the state to discriminate.

So, I have to ask why have you been giving me a rash of shit for several days about this?

Immie

I'm good with that. Can we sign the agreement now?

When we do, I will claim victory because that is what I have been saying all along.

Immie

I don't know. Can't have any Christians claiming victory near me.

again--the truth wins out--you still are at war with Christianity under the guise of supporting gay marriage..

Not at all...but you seem to enjoy that martyr "they really are picking on Christianity" schtick.

Skydancer. Yer queer. God bless you. Yer still a dipsh*t. Want a medal? my brother fought in Nam, didn’t
get shit. My dad, he got a Japanese bullet in his left arm. Purple heart. He sold that for food. You? Working on that, sweet pea, working on that. God is on YOUR side. OH, yeah, religion despises homos like YOU.
You still believe in that theists mystical crap? God bless you. Yer still an idiot.

Let me ask...YOU the alternative? No thank you.

Forum List

Back