Christian friends of gays and lesbians

No evidence?

Are you serious? Did you miss this link?

Lesbian Couple Files Complaint against Church for Refusing Civil Union Ceremony

That right there is proof that you are wrong.

Immie

It's not like it's prevalent though...

The 1st Amendment would ultimately hold up.

Maybe for a while, but eventually, a good lawyer would hit the right buttons after so much trial and error that it would fall.

Immie

How much luck have they had in forcing churches to do interfaith marriages if they don't want to? Answer that for us.

Can't figure out a way to get those rights other than by resorting to stealing the centuries old hetero practice of marriage ?

Yup that's right. It makes a big difference for medical care.

not in Texas

Actually, it would...I would never go back to TX (tho I have family there) because to me, it is a third world nation with no recognition of our marriage. I would be afraid to have an accident or get sick there. No telling what those people would do.

Yup that's right. It makes a big difference for medical care.

not in Texas

Actually, it would...I would never go back to TX (tho I have family there) because to me, it is a third world nation with no recognition of our marriage. I would be afraid to have an accident or get sick there. No telling what those people would do.

you're ignorant---Austin is about the most liberal damn city in the country--homos flock here like birds and received preferential treatment in many cases.

not in Texas

you're ignorant---Austin is about the most liberal damn city in the country--homos flock here like birds and received preferential treatment in many cases.

Austin must abide by TX law...have you heard that they passed a state law that says no one is allowed to recognize out of state marriages, civil unions, or powers of attorney of gay couples.

No thank you...I'll stay out of that third world state.

Austin must abide by TX law...have you heard that they passed a state law that says no one is allowed to recognize out of state marriages, civil unions, or powers of attorney of gay couples.

LMAO----you must know better because you don't live here and I do :cuckoo:

if the rights are the same why do you care if they have different titles ?

Show us the rights being the same...seriously.
haven't you read the thread?

I want a list...but here, let me tell you a few things.

I am married in CA...but:

1) My wife and I had to spend MORE money and got thru MORE steps in our refinancing of our home because the lender (from CA) had to go thru the Federal government who did not recognize our marriage.

2) We reserved a camping spot under my military ID on a local base...I was not going to be around for check in...they would NOT let my wife check in because she did not have a military spouse ID (she had her OWN military ID)...a military spouse ID the federal government will not give either of us...cause they do not recognize our marriage.

3) My federal taxes have to filed as single and tho we are considered married in CA, we have to file single here also cause the state will not recognize the discrepancy.

Three things just within the last six months that an hetero married couple would NOT have an issue with. Just off the top of my head.

LMAO----you must know better because you don't live here and I do :cuckoo:

As I said, I have relatives there...here let me show you the law:

read the article and follow the links:

Texas Accidentally Bans Straight Marriage - Law designed to forbid gay civil unions actually bars any unions

Texas....can't secede soon enough IMO.

Show us the rights being the same...seriously.

1) My wife and I had to spend MORE money and got thru MORE steps in our refinancing of our home because the lender (from CA) had to go thru the Federal government who did not recognize our marriage.

2) We reserved a camping spot under my military ID on a local base...I was not going to be around for check in...they would NOT let my wife check in because she did not have a military spouse ID (she had her OWN military ID)...a military spouse ID the federal government will not give either of us...cause they do not recognize our marriage.

3) My federal taxes have to filed as single and tho we are considered married in CA, we have to file single here also cause the state will not recognize the discrepancy.

Three things just within the last six months that an hetero married couple would NOT have an issue with. Just off the top of my head.

Blame the idiots who insist on demanding it be called marriage.

Okay? I have to ask this, how does their insisting on calling it marriage affect either one of these scenarios?

Those scenarios would have happened even if the issue of gay marriage was not such a hot topic.

Immie

Why are Atheists who do not believe in religion or god allowed to call their unions "marriage" without a peep?

I would like an answer to that question.
you can call it whatever you want

Why don't religious people fighting tooth and nail to let gay couples call marriage "marriage" because of its so-called religious roots....why aren't they fighting tooth and nail against Atheists who call it "marriage"?

Can someone answer that one for me? I thought it was a faith owned word.

Okay? I have to ask this, how does their insisting on calling it marriage affect either one of these scenarios?

Those scenarios would have happened even if the issue of gay marriage was not such a hot topic.

Immie

simple---the resistence is to calling a gay union a "marriage". If the proposition was the legalization of gay unions it would have passed.

Immie

Why do you insist on it NOT being called marriage when the term is already on legal documents, legal papers, legal statutes, etc?

And how do you feel about Atheists who never step inside a place of worship getting to call it "marriage"?

Why are Atheists who do not believe in religion or god allowed to call their unions "marriage" without a peep?

I would like an answer to that question.
you can call it whatever you want

Why don't religious people fighting tooth and nail to let gay couples call marriage "marriage" because of its so-called religious roots....why aren't they fighting tooth and nail against Atheists who call it "marriage"?

Can someone answer that one for me? I thought it was a faith owned word.

that's where you're fucked up---"marriage" has crept into secular life after centuries. You're taking on way more than the religious people when you try to change a word

Immie

It's made a big difference to me and my partner and our spiritual community to be married and to call ourselves that.

It means we're family.

My family is as valid as yours.

Marriage is marriage. That's hat it is. That's why my license says, and that's what my partner and I vowed to each other in our ceremony at the Buddhist Center.

Fundamentalists don't own the word marriage. It's a legal status.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back