Citizen's home is raided because of a Facebook posting

If the report merely stated the facts instead of calling it a raid then I would not view this situation as a sensationalized piece of nonsense. The cops showed up did not have a warrant and left never to return.

Feel free to outline, in detail, what is necessary for something to be a raid by your definition. My guess is the problem here is not that this was not a raid, but that you haven't actually thought about the issue.

I have thought about the issues. According to the protocols for the Department of Children and Families services a home visit was required to investigate a situation. They did. There were firearms involved, therefore the police also investigated to the degree necessary according determine no further action was necessary. End of story. What came after is outrage because the agency charged with maintaining public safety did their job and the agency charged with "ensuring the safety, well-being and success of children, youth, families and communities" did their job.

The protocol required them to show up at 8PM on a Friday night with police in tow? Can you show me that, or am I just supposed to take their word for it because the government is so trustworthy?

Try assessing all the facts before you tell me you considered everything. There is nothing that points to immediate danger from a picture posed on Facebook.

Last edited:
I applaud the police for checking it out. I also question daddy's motives for posting the picture in the first place. I also question his parenting style...

I wonder what you Obamabots think would constitute an illegal entry, or illegal search. After reading the majority of this thread, I get the feeling that many of you feel that any family with minors has no rights, once a complaint has been filed against them.

This reminds me a lot of NAZI Germany...

I suppose that none of you, who supports this President's agenda, has any concerns over this whatsoever. You would really be willing to turn a blind eye to this in support of a political agenda?

That is more than just a little scary...

Hey moron...READ what happened. The guy was not home, his wife called him after she WELCOMED the police and family services into the house.

This whole story sounds like a setup by the father...WHY did he post that picture on Facebook which is public domain and NOT expect that someone would report it???

Why would that picture jusity involvement of two different gov't agencies? There is NOTHING ilegal about the pic, and there is NO sign of any sort of abuse. Neither of those agencies had any busines GOING ANYWHERE NEAR those people!

I applaud the police for checking it out. I also question daddy's motives for posting the picture in the first place. I also question his parenting style...

Not everyone uses Facebook for bullshit partisan reasons like you likely do. Many families post photos and stories for distant friends and relative to enjoy.

You are a class idiot

It wasn't the business of the police.
Daddy's motives are irrelivant.
...and their parenting style is none of YOUR business...

r-SHAWN-MOORE-GUN-large570.jpg

Shawn Moore, Father Of NJ Boy Pictured With Gun, Won't Face Charges

Interesting last sentence of the article:

The department has been under years of court-monitoring and has been criticized in several cases where children who died or were in peril were not checked on.
And the PD seems to disagree with Mr. Moore about being in SWAT gear.....hmmmm.

Night uniforms and body armor. I wonder why anyone would confuse people dressed in night uniforms and body armor with people in SWAT gear, especially since there the only fucking difference between them is the helmet and goggles.

By the way, can we take this as an admission that the event you kept insisting did not happen actually happened?

Interesting last sentence of the article:

The department has been under years of court-monitoring and has been criticized in several cases where children who died or were in peril were not checked on.
And the PD seems to disagree with Mr. Moore about being in SWAT gear.....hmmmm.

Night uniforms and body armor. I wonder why anyone would confuse people dressed in night uniforms and body armor with people in SWAT gear, especially since there the only fucking difference between them is the helmet and goggles.

By the way, can we take this as an admission that the event you kept insisting did not happen actually happened?

:eusa_whistle:

I wonder what you Obamabots think would constitute an illegal entry, or illegal search. After reading the majority of this thread, I get the feeling that many of you feel that any family with minors has no rights, once a complaint has been filed against them.

This reminds me a lot of NAZI Germany...

I suppose that none of you, who supports this President's agenda, has any concerns over this whatsoever. You would really be willing to turn a blind eye to this in support of a political agenda?

That is more than just a little scary...

Hey moron...READ what happened. The guy was not home, his wife called him after she WELCOMED the police and family services into the house.

This whole story sounds like a setup by the father...WHY did he post that picture on Facebook which is public domain and NOT expect that someone would report it???

Welcome to wacko conspiracy land.

American left-leaners claim that their inspiration comes from a logical progression into what is "right" in todays society.

Well, if posting a pic of your smiling kid on facebook justifies a visit from DHS and police --- as a logical progression of what is right in todays society... I mean how could anyone be this dense???

Holder sells guns to Mexican drug-lords and no big deal - a dad posts a pic of his smiling kid with a legal weapon and we are going to send in DHS to decide if they want to take their children away???

The hypocracy is NEVERENDING!!!

Not everyone uses Facebook for bullshit partisan reasons like you likely do. Many families post photos and stories for distant friends and relative to enjoy.

You are a class idiot

I'm glad you're still on. Daily Mail has reported what I had heard. That the lawyer was on the phone with him the whole time.

Check this out.

Moore said he called his lawyer Evan Nappen, who specializes in Second Amendment cases, and had him on speakerphone as he arrived at his house in Carneys Point, just across the Delaware River from Wilmington, Del.

'They said they wanted to see into my safe and see if my guns were registered,' Moore said.

'I said no; in New Jersey, your guns don't have to be registered with the state; it's voluntary. I knew once I opened that safe, there was no going back.'

With the lawyer listening in on the phone, Moore said he asked the investigators and police officers whether they had a warrant to search his home. When they said no, he asked them to leave.

One of the child welfare officials would not identify herself when Moore asked for her name, he said.

The agents and the police officers left, and nothing has happened since, he said.

Father's anger after police and children's services demand to search his home in response to Facebook photo of son, 10, holding .22 rifle | Mail Online

You question his parenting style? You who mocks the dead of Benghazi? You pass judgement on anyone?

That's ripe.

American left-leaners claim that their inspiration comes from a logical progression into what is "right" in todays society.

Well, if posting a pic of your smiling kid on facebook justifies a visit from DHS and police --- as a logical progression of what is right in todays society... I mean how could anyone be this dense???

Holder sells guns to Mexican drug-lords and no big deal - a dad posts a pic of his smiling kid with a legal weapon and we are going to send in DHS to decide if they want to take their children away???

The hypocracy is NEVERENDING!!!

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

By the age of 8 My son and daughter were at the police range with me target shooting.
They knew how to check and clear my guns as soon as they were big enough to do it.
We still love to shoot together and it is a family history that will continue to the next generation.

Maybe I should get my seven year old grandson an AR15 for his eighth birthday.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^SARCHASM^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

By the age of 8 My son and daughter were at the police range with me target shooting.
They knew how to check and clear my guns as soon as they were big enough to do it.
We still love to shoot together and it is a family history that will continue to the next generation.

Maybe I should get my seven year old grandson an AR15 for his eighth birthday.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^SARCHASM^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Go for broke. Bazooka or nothing. :lol: Keeeeeeeeeeeeeding.

Cripes if we hunt or just like to shoot we're all gun nuts to them anyway it seems.

Forum List

Back