Coming to a Red State near you....

Correct.

No contraceptive method is 100 percent; married couples and couples in a committed relationship making a good faith effort to avoid an unwanted pregnancy can nonetheless experience an unwanted pregnancy.

And that a woman in such a situation should be compelled to give birth against her will through force of law is a clear violation of her right to privacy – it is neither the role nor responsibility of the state to compel women to give birth against their will.
your premise is a lie,, theres no law that compels a women to give birth,,,

These are the same people that are already talking out loud about going after same sex marriage and to a lesser extent birth control.

It has never been about the baby, and always about control.

That is tragic and stupid too.

I see it as religious fanaticism being the main problem.

We are willing to accept the outcome of an election. Trump and most Repubs aren't.

But in terms of the subject under discussion, the results of the 2012 election empowered Obama to choose Scalia's replacement. McTreason refused to hold hearings on Obama's nominee under the premise voters had the right to decide the next prez and therefore who got to pick the next SC nominee. Even though the voters had already spoken in Obama's landslide victory. A principle Mitch immediately discarded when the country had an upcoming election following RBG's death. So please, don't bother with the self righteous claims about the will of the people in light of McTurtle dismissing it completely.
More than any act I can remember Mitch showed what Repubs are all about. Naked power grabs in order to advance the wishes of the minority over the majority.
Why did you address this rant to me? It has absolutely nothing to do with my post, it's just a parroting of media talking points.

Why can't Planned Parenthood provide contraception?
They do, or at least when I used get contraceptives 40 years ago it was free. However they can’t supply the entire need. If the state wants to ban abortion it is on them to provide affordable access to every means possible to prevent pregnancy.

They do, or at least when I used get contraceptives 40 years ago it was free. However they can’t supply the entire need. If the state wants to ban abortion it is on them to provide affordable access to every means possible to prevent pregnancy.
no its not,, if a women doesnt want to get prego she can buy her own contraception or not have sex,,

Nope, it's on the states to make contraception more accessible. Only freaks are against preventing pregnancy. And I'm a lifelong Christian

Nope, it's on the states to make contraception more accessible. Only freaks are against preventing pregnancy. And I'm a lifelong Christian
how much more accessible do you want it?? theres a CVS and walgreens on almost every other corner not to mention walmart and all the other pharmacies

And of course that’s not going to happen.

Republicans have contempt for such sound, responsible governance.

I'm just saying that there are no moral grounds against contraception but some wackos think we need more births. Wrong in every way

just saying....:rolleyes:

1656199393745.png

There is no question that overruling Roe will have severe implications for women at all levels, for years to come. That doesn't even begin to touch on the precedent this activist in removing a Constitutional right granted 50 years ago. I have never before heard of an individual right being taken away.

The effects will be devastating for many women.

Time to stop pretending this is "good for women" as if they are nothing more than stupid cows who don't know what how to make their own healthcare decisions.

Here is a taste of what to expect. Feel free to add more examples.

The wording varies slightly from state to state. Texas allows abortion for “a medical emergency”; Louisiana’s bill makes an exception to prevent “death or substantial risk of death,” or “permanent impairment of a life-sustaining organ”; and Idaho permits abortion “to prevent the death of the pregnant woman.” On Thursday, Oklahoma legislators approved a bill that would ban nearly all abortions starting from fertilization, with an exception to save the life of the mother “in a medical emergency.”

Those exceptions are so vaguely defined, and with such harsh penalties for providers deemed to have violated the terms, physicians say they will be effectively unable to provide proper medical care or even discuss abortion with patients.
Can liberals now define what a woman is?

Forum List

Back