Communist California to require Solar Panels on all new homes

Status
Not open for further replies.
These stupid Environmental wacko Moon Bats don't even understand that the carbon footprint of producing solar cells and distributing them and then disposing of them is greater than the reduction in carbon emissions that they supposedly save from the measly amount of power that is produce (when the sun is out).

Even worse if they include batteries.

If the cells are produced in China (most of them are) then there is significant amount of carbon emitted in the production process. The you have transportation across the ocean in gas guzzling ships and then the truckers use fossil fuels to deliver them from the port to the distribution center to the house.

Even American made cells are big pollution producers during manufacture.

Fifty-three degrees? Are you kidding? Now I can believe you electric bill is more than 50% of the Ohio State average. You are now the official poster child for CHEAP!

OBTW; Your 80" TV had a label which you removed that documented energy usage.

No, actually I didn't care very much and still don't. I'll pay "whatever" for the things I really like.

So what's wrong with not using heat while you're away from home? Everybody up north does it. Once I turn the furnace back on, it only takes about 15 minutes for it to get comfortable again and about a half-hour to reach the temperature I set it to which is usually 68 degree; 71 when it's extremely cold such as single digits or low teens.

You see, we conservatives are conservative with everything.

You don't care which is VERY telling.

A true conservative is a rich old usually white guy that would fuck-over anyone to make more money. Middle-class conservatives are just cheap.

Most everybody in the US is cheap today. Why do you think we don't buy our own products here?

If you think that all Republicans are rich old white dudes, that tells me your extremely limited knowledge of politics. It wouldn't even be a viable party today if that were the case. Republicans come from all walks of life including many in the middle-class who happened to vote for Trump. I'm very conservative, but I'm your average middle-class citizen.

Most everybody in the US is cheap today.

"Most everybody" is woefully underpaid. (A Republican objective)

If you think that all Republicans are rich old white dudes, that tells me your extremely limited knowledge of politics. It wouldn't even be a viable party today if that were the case. Republicans come from all walks of life including many in the middle-class who happened to vote for Trump. I'm very conservative, but I'm your average middle-class citizen.

You're a victim of conservatism, as is most employees today.
Most people are paid what they are worth... fact

How much are the people that make you all of your money worth?

Fifty-three degrees? Are you kidding? Now I can believe you electric bill is more than 50% of the Ohio State average. You are now the official poster child for CHEAP!

OBTW; Your 80" TV had a label which you removed that documented energy usage.

No, actually I didn't care very much and still don't. I'll pay "whatever" for the things I really like.

So what's wrong with not using heat while you're away from home? Everybody up north does it. Once I turn the furnace back on, it only takes about 15 minutes for it to get comfortable again and about a half-hour to reach the temperature I set it to which is usually 68 degree; 71 when it's extremely cold such as single digits or low teens.

A true conservative is a rich old usually white guy that would fuck-over anyone to make more money. Middle-class conservatives are just cheap.

Most everybody in the US is cheap today. Why do you think we don't buy our own products here?

On one hand you claim to be this rich guy, but on the other, you demonstrate you have no clue about real business.

You can't pay workers to produce products or services customers can get cheaper somewhere else. If you have a floor sweeper and pay him or her 25 bucks an hour, your competition that pays their floor sweepers 10 bucks an hour is going to bury you in competition.

The fact of the matter is it's the consumer that sets the pay scale for American workers, and in the past several decades, the consumer demands cheap priced products regardless of the quality or origin.

You people are always barking up the wrong tree.

Except as I've demonstrated many time before, profit vs. cost is at record highs.

California's agriculture industry is $46B strong. How is that being "fucked-up?"
Lol
Run by conservatives..
Those rural counties in California vote conservative... dumbass

Those conservatives that hire illegal aliens.

Those conservatives that hire illegal aliens.

Build the wall, deport all the illegals and screw those conservatives.

You know you want to do it.......

Raid businesses and throw the conservatives in jail. You've saved the cost of the wall.

You'd still have to deport the illegals.

If there are no jobs they'll self-deport.

A simple answer:

A worker is worth as much as he or she can be replaced for.

For instance you make 20 bucks an hour, but feel you are worth more. So you request a raise and it is denied. So you quit your job.

If your former employer can find somebody to do the same quality of work as you for the same money, then you walked off a job that was paying you proper wage. If your former employer has to pay somebody more for the same quality of work, then you were being underpaid. If your former employer can pay somebody less, then you were already overpaid.

Wage settings is a supply and demand process. It works well until you throw monkey wrenches into the system like bringing in foreigners to do the job, unions, and of course increased minimum wages. But outside of that, it's the perfect system for setting wages.

Yah that's right, California is forcing new home buyers to pay $80.00 - $200.00mo. less in electric utility costs. Those "fucking cowards."
Why force people into something they want nothing to do with?

Make the argument that consumers don't want to save money.

If they want to save money, and think solar panels are the way to do that, then they will.
No government mandate needed.

But you can't get the volume discount.

Link?

A contractor building 200 houses pays much less than a contractor building one.

Well said. They're driving the Middle Class out. California will be left with only the very rich and the very poor. Without that massive Middle Class tax revenue, the state will collapse. The Communists are dooming California.

As you know, and know well, the rich are leaving in droves. They are sick of paying for the homeless who are invited to their state by their local governments for their votes.

The great state of California has massive problems and seem to be doing everything possible to exacerbate the problem rather than even attempt solutions.

The rich aren't leaving California in droves, they're establishing tax shelters. Chumps tax.

Yeah, right!

Packing up and moving out: People are leaving California in droves, including some High Desert residents
By Rene Ray De La Cruz
Staff Writer
Posted Feb 3, 2018 at 7:00 AMUpdated Feb 5, 2018 at 2:40 PM

[...]

The Golden State continues to rank No. 1 as the state that has waved goodbye to more residents, about 143,000 last year, than welcomed those who have moved here, according to a U.S. Census Bureau report.

[...]

“California is just getting too expensive and the crime in the High Desert is getting worse by the day,” He said. “I think the last straw for us is when (Gov.) Jerry Brown came out with his new fuel taxes and car registration fees.”

[...]

“Prop. 47 made a huge impact in our area and people are feeling uncomfortable and unsafe because crime is going up,” Sanchez said. “It’s unsettling to hear that someone was murdered last night, but in reality, this is still a very safe area compared to many places in California.”

Passed by California voters in Nov 2014, Prop.47 reduces certain drug possession felonies to misdemeanors. It also requires misdemeanor sentencing for petty theft, receiving stolen property and forging/writing bad checks when the amount involved is $950 or less.

San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon said in 2017 that violent crime had risen over 20 percent in the High Desert since just a year earlier, the Daily Press reported.

[...]

Packing up and moving out: People are leaving California in droves, including some High Desert residents

California lost 0.004% in population? WOW!!!!

If you want less crime, provide more and better paying jobs.

Here ya go!

-Base Federal tax for corporations at 30% of revenue.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2018 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with unlimited employees; employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2018 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put BILLIONS into the economy daily.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

My plan would end all welfare.

My plan would significantly increase social security and pension payments.

My plan would hold prices for 10 years, thus eliminating inflation.

Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

Handing corporations $5 trillion in rebates will stimulate the economy.

The $5 trillion is paid to workers who spend it in the economy. 1:1.70.

If they want to save money, and think solar panels are the way to do that, then they will.

Link?

So?
You still have not answered question, why force someone to put solar panels on their own house?
It makes no sense to force that horse shit on anyone...

Yah that's right, California is forcing new home buyers to pay $80.00 - $200.00mo. less in electric utility costs. Those "fucking cowards."

China gives a volume discount?

Yes.

As you know, and know well, the rich are leaving in droves. They are sick of paying for the homeless who are invited to their state by their local governments for their votes.

The great state of California has massive problems and seem to be doing everything possible to exacerbate the problem rather than even attempt solutions.

The rich aren't leaving California in droves, they're establishing tax shelters. Chumps tax.

Yeah, right!

By Rene Ray De La Cruz
Staff Writer
Posted Feb 3, 2018 at 7:00 AMUpdated Feb 5, 2018 at 2:40 PM

[...]

The Golden State continues to rank No. 1 as the state that has waved goodbye to more residents, about 143,000 last year, than welcomed those who have moved here, according to a U.S. Census Bureau report.

[...]

“California is just getting too expensive and the crime in the High Desert is getting worse by the day,” He said. “I think the last straw for us is when (Gov.) Jerry Brown came out with his new fuel taxes and car registration fees.”

[...]

“Prop. 47 made a huge impact in our area and people are feeling uncomfortable and unsafe because crime is going up,” Sanchez said. “It’s unsettling to hear that someone was murdered last night, but in reality, this is still a very safe area compared to many places in California.”

Passed by California voters in Nov 2014, Prop.47 reduces certain drug possession felonies to misdemeanors. It also requires misdemeanor sentencing for petty theft, receiving stolen property and forging/writing bad checks when the amount involved is $950 or less.

San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon said in 2017 that violent crime had risen over 20 percent in the High Desert since just a year earlier, the Daily Press reported.

[...]

California lost 0.004% in population? WOW!!!!

If you want less crime, provide more and better paying jobs.

Here ya go!

-Base Federal tax for corporations at 30% of revenue.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2018 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with unlimited employees; employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2018 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put BILLIONS into the economy daily.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

My plan would end all welfare.

My plan would significantly increase social security and pension payments.

My plan would hold prices for 10 years, thus eliminating inflation.

Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

Handing corporations $5 trillion in rebates will stimulate the economy.

Why would I open or invest in my own, or any other business if I was not able to deduct my costs of doing business from my gross income?

The goal is to pay little or no taxes. My plan does that.

Absolutely. One of the things most buyers look for in a home is future expenses. How good are the windows? How old is the furnace or AC? How old is the roof and things like that.

So in the future, a couple looks at a house with 30 year old solar panels. The first thing that would cross my mind is how many of those I'm going to have to replace in the next ten years. Or if allowed by law, how much is it going to cost me to have those things removed and have a regular roof installed?
If a house has a 30-year-old solar system on the roof, it is almost certain to need a new ROOF soon.

In the late 70's, my Father had solar water heating installed for the pool and the house. That part of the roof that was under the panels looked brand new. Kinda like your farmers tan.
You’re missing the point, No one’s against alternative energy. But everyone’s against being forced into alternative energy. People that want to force people into alternative energy are fucking cowards and should be treated as such...

You are a fucking idiot. If solar panels ACTUALLY did what you claim, everyone would be installing them!

News flash: my mother has a solar system. Without heavy subsidies, the payoff is NEVER.

But the subsidies are there so your point is moot.

You forgot to factor rate increases for power. Also, if you attach it to a home mortgage the monthly payments are much less.

Yes, the monthly payments are much less and the total paid, with the interest, is much, much more. What is the effective life of a solar system? Thirty years as is your mortgage? NO!

Like all improvements someone can add to a house, some are cost-effective while others are for your own pleasure. A prime example, in our area (North Florida) you may spend $30,000. to install a swimming pool. When you sell, that pool will add $10,000 MAYBE $20,000 to what your house would have sold for without the pool.

It doesn't matter what effective life, the fact you are saving every month. Over the course of thirty years, even if you have to replace components you'll still be ahead. Remember, your power bill today will be 30% higher in ten years.

Most components for solar today have a 25 to 30 year manufactures warranty.
Which is, of course, worthless when the manufacturer goes under in 10 years!

But their insurance policy which pays warranty claims remains.

A simple answer:

A worker is worth as much as he or she can be replaced for.

For instance you make 20 bucks an hour, but feel you are worth more. So you request a raise and it is denied. So you quit your job.

If your former employer can find somebody to do the same quality of work as you for the same money, then you walked off a job that was paying you proper wage. If your former employer has to pay somebody more for the same quality of work, then you were being underpaid. If your former employer can pay somebody less, then you were already overpaid.

Wage settings is a supply and demand process. It works well until you throw monkey wrenches into the system like bringing in foreigners to do the job, unions, and of course increased minimum wages. But outside of that, it's the perfect system for setting wages.

Your answer assumes that a worker will be replaced. Try again.

Link?

So?
You still have not answered question, why force someone to put solar panels on their own house?

A contractor who builds a new house for another has no legal right after the house is sold.

Link?

So?

A contractor who builds a new house for another has no legal right after the house is sold.
Typical government overreach...

On one hand you claim to be this rich guy, but on the other, you demonstrate you have no clue about real business.

You can't pay workers to produce products or services customers can get cheaper somewhere else. If you have a floor sweeper and pay him or her 25 bucks an hour, your competition that pays their floor sweepers 10 bucks an hour is going to bury you in competition.

The fact of the matter is it's the consumer that sets the pay scale for American workers, and in the past several decades, the consumer demands cheap priced products regardless of the quality or origin.

You people are always barking up the wrong tree.

Except as I've demonstrated many time before, profit vs. cost is at record highs.

That's a good thing, right?

Link?

WOW! Nothing gets by you does it?

There is also a huge difference between building an automobile and building a single-family residence.

.... when Bush or Trump pass tax-cuts, righties tell us that’s people and corporations getting to keep more of their money

An across the board tax cut is not the same as a subsidy provided for a specific behavior.

Substantive difference being WHAT exactly?

I got to keep more of my money so I could spend it into economy - what is the tax-cut-magic killing difference?

Substantive difference being WHAT exactly?

I don't have to buy a stupid solar installation, I can buy useful things instead.

How the fuck is producing 100% of electricity I use from solar energy, not usefull? Stupid much?

And how come this is the very first time you got all concerned about WHAT tax-cut is spent on? Smells like straw grasping.

How the fuck is producing 100% of electricity I use from solar energy, not usefull?

How much was your bill before? How much is your bill today?

Stupid much?

Don't be so hard on yourself. Just because you don't understand economics doesn't make you stupid.

And how come this is the very first time you got all concerned about WHAT tax-cut is spent on?

I'm not concerned what you spend your tax cut on.......a subsidy is another matter.

Bullshit, the only benefit I got from government was a reduction in my tax liability (tax-cut)

Try again?

.....a subsidy is another matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back