Congress has already disqualified Trump from the ballot

He was not exonerated. He escaped impeachment by a minority vote.
A VERY different thing..

He most certainly was found to have committed treason.

He was found not guilty by the Senate. In no way was found to have committed treason by Congress. Not by the House. Not by the Senate.

He could still face Judicial decisions since Congress' findings have no bearing on the Judicial branch, but Congress did not find he committed treason.

No, they shouldn't. Nor do I expect they will. They rule on conformity with the Constitution, not the political will of the Congress. And as I already pointed out, their ruling will be based on whether or not the A14S3 applies to a president, regardless of their involvement with an insurrection.
Well, from what I've heard or read.... some are arguing and speculating that the Supremes will rule that Congress should be making some sort of decision on whether some specified event is an insurrection, and unite what each state is doing on the 14th/3 by 1st settling that question....

if that's even true, then Congress has already taken the step of identifying J6 as more than a riot, or an insurrection.... Could be worth arguing....

Colorado Supremes did use the impeachment and J6 hearings in their decision of why it was an insurrection...

Well, from what I've heard or read.... some are arguing and speculating that the Supremes will rule that Congress should be making some sort of decision on whether some specified event is an insurrection, and unite what each state is doing on the 14th/3 by 1st settling that question....

I doubt they will determine whether or not it was an insurrection. They're an appellate court that rules on constitutionality. They don't adjudicate claims. They don't even hear claims. They hear on why or why not a ruling in a lower is constitutional.

if that's even true, then Congress has already taken the step of identifying J6 as more than a riot, or an insurrection.... Could be worth arguing....

Congress, as a body, has not determined it was an insurrection. The House did.

Colorado Supremes did use the impeachment and J6 hearings in their decision of why it was an insurrection...

Agreed.

The majority vote of the House was a finding of fact. The vote in the Senate was a majority. Not the 2/3rds required to convict, but more than enough to meet the requirements of Article 14/3 Read the article for god's sake.
He was not convicted, dumbass! That is like being accused of murder and being found not guilty. You do not suffer punishment if you are not convicted.

A majority in the Senate is meaningless in an impeachment trial. What the fuck is wrong with you?
No vote in the Senate "exonerates" Trump of anything.

We know what's wrong with you.
You got Trump's dick in your brain and it's doing your thinking squirty.

Read the Constitution, NOT GUILTY. Stop whining about it. It was cute for awhile, but time for you folks to grow up and accept reality.
Reality, he was found to be guilty by a clear majority of the Senate.
Reality, impeachment is not a criminal process. If Impeachment were a criminal process the Senate would still be in session from 3 years ago trying to come up with a unanimous verdict.
Reality, Trump has never been "exonerated" for anything in any court, EVER.

AND

Speaking of reality my ignorant MAGAT, the words "not guilty" appear nowhere in the Constitution.
Neither do the words "innocent" or "exonerate."

Nope. Acquitted, Simp.
Why do you lie?
Is your stance so weak it can only be defended by being a lying sack of shit?

The Senate Vote
1708524828906.png

Guity 57 The Senate voted him guilty but the 2/3 majority required for his removal was not met.

Seriously? Is it drugs, Alzheimer's, or are you just a liar?

Yes. If not for the Electoral College, the last four President's would have been Democrats instead of two Republicans and two democrats. Our founding fathers were very smart guys. Democracy is alive and well because of the Electoral College.
Doesn't change the Republican form of government we are use to. One of the two major parties would win. The campaign would be completely different and you don't know who would have won. The founding fathers didn't have worldwide instance communications either. Doesn't make me a traitor for wanting the change.

That could very will be. Democrats would have to have won both houses in Congress though. And Trump would have had to already have won the election for that to happen. But that would be even worse for the country than letting him move back into the White House.
Not necessarily,
All that is required is for 3 Republicans in the House to show the courage to do what is right.
given the number of "old school" retirements coming up that is a possibility.

Of course, Trump will lose by 12-15 million votes and 200 EC votes so, really, this is moot.

He was not convicted. Show me where the Constitution states a simple majority is all that is needed to convict someone who's been impeached?
I never said that.
If you're going to read between the lines, read better.

A clear majority in the Senate found Trump guilty.
Therefore he is guilty.
The Constitution requires a 2/3 majority to remove from office.

Impeachment has nothing to do with criminal law. It is purely a political process.
Despite his clear guilt 43 Republican Senators decided to stand with their party rather than with their country.

I never said that.

Therefore he is guilty.

Impeachment has nothing to do with criminal law. It is purely a political process.
Despite his clear guilt 43 Republican Senators decided to stand with their party rather than with their country.

Therefore he is guilty.

No he is not.

"Guilt" by the Senate, requires a ⅔ majority. Anything less is not guilty.

You're literally making up your own Constitution.

I never said that.

Therefore he is guilty.

Acquitted=Exonerated=Not guilty

Deal with it.

Reality, impeachment is not a criminal process. If Impeachment were a criminal process the Senate would still be in session from 3 years ago trying to come up with a unanimous verdict.

AND

Speaking of reality my ignorant MAGAT, the words "not guilty" appear nowhere in the Constitution.
Show me the word "abortion" in the Constitutiin, Simp.

AND

This silly notion of 'a majority' of Senators has zero meaning. The Constitution sets the requirements, you folks failed to meet those requirements. This is nothing more than continued whining on your part. Sad. Without a conviction, he was exonerated, just get over it. It's pretty childish to still be throwing a hissy fit over this years later. Grow up.

Forum List

Back