Daily Presidential Tracking Poll

I thought polls represent a snapshot in time of the public's opinion? If the public is trending approval downward, don't you think Bary cares about that?

I guarentee you that Barry is a poll watcher, just like Clintoon was... Why do you think he's doing the dog & pony show on TV?

Paying attention to daily polls is a losing strategy.
A president needs to execute the duties of his job with a long term view not switch course every time an opinion poll varies a few percentage points

I agree, but Bary is a poll watcher... He will stick his finger in the air and see which way the wind is blowing before making a decision...

That's not what a leader does...

The only difference is that it will be the same decision, he will just spin it/lie about it in a different way so it will seem to be palatable to the unwashed masses.

I thought polls represent a snapshot in time of the public's opinion? If the public is trending approval downward, don't you think Bary cares about that?

I guarentee you that Barry is a poll watcher, just like Clintoon was... Why do you think he's doing the dog & pony show on TV?

A president needs to execute the duties of his job with a long term view not switch course every time an opinion poll varies a few percentage points

I agree, but Bary is a poll watcher... He will stick his finger in the air and see which way the wind is blowing before making a decision...

No, actually it's the right that keeps harping on polls claiming that people are against the healthcare reform being proposed.

No, actually it's the right that keeps harping on polls claiming that people are against the healthcare reform being proposed.

Coming from someone who harped on polls daily when Boooooosh was President, that statement is meaningless... Hypocritical and meaningless....

Coming from someone who harped on polls daily when Boooooosh was President, that statement is meaningless... Hypocritical and meaningless....
yeah, i caught the irony in that one too

Obama asks Axelrod what to do. Thats his experience!!!!

It's meaningless when you try to make something out of comparing it to Reagan in September of 1981.

Then we're talking about wo different things...

I'm talking about the statistic itself... I don't care if Gallup is comparing it to other Presidents...

It's not meaningless. I said it was meaningless to compare. We weren't on the same page.

Here is a meaningful comparison:

Ronald Reagan, Fourth Quarter 1981 Approval Rating (Gallup):
Approve: 49% / Disapprove: 41%

http://www.gallup.com/poll/11887/ronald-reagan-from-peoples-perspective-gallup-poll-review.aspx

Barack Obama, Current Approval Rating (RCP Average):
Approve: 53.3 / Disapprove: 40.8%

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

Seems about even, Obama may be a little ahead, though the gallup poll was a month or to later in the year.

And that's with similar methodology, and similar economic situations.

Interesting.

Last edited:
In addition this is also a meaningful comparison because both Obama and Reagan were in the 60's a few months earlier.

There are in fact a host of comparisons to draw here. Bad economic conditions caused by a previous administration, rising unemployment, an increase in the Federal Deficit to help with recovery...

What's your point? Are you denying that the right is harping on the healthcare polls?

btw, the latest poll shows that 59% of Americans are not opposed to the healthcare bill.

none of the numbers matter until health care and afghanistan are settled. these will define his presidency

-8!!!

The downward trend has been astounding!

So you don't really do any research do you? Tracking polls don't mean much. Every president has his own problem set to deal with. The only poll that matters is the one we had last november.

Well there's that one... and the one in 2010... and the one in 2012.

Brace yourself Sis... it's likely to bring some startling disappointment for ya.

Then we're talking about wo different things...

I'm talking about the statistic itself... I don't care if Gallup is comparing it to other Presidents...

It's not meaningless. I said it was meaningless to compare. We weren't on the same page.

Ronald Reagan From the People’s Perspective: A Gallup Poll Review

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

Seems about even, Obama may be a little ahead, though the gallup poll was a month or to later in the year.

Interesting.

ROFLMNAO...

Did you just compare the Economy which Reagan inherited from Carter with that which Hussein inherited?

LOL...

Oh GOD! Now that's just precious...

Interesting.

ROFLMNAO...

Did you just compare the Economy which Reagan inherited from Carter with that which Hussein inherited?

LOL...

Reagan inherited an expanding economy, Genius. It went into recession in July of 1981.

Read a book.

Interesting.

ROFLMNAO...

LOL...

Reagan inherited an expanding economy, Genius. It went into recession in July of 1981.

Read a book.
maybe YOU need to read a book
remember "the misery index" it was COINED under Carter

stop lying

-8!!!

The downward trend has been astounding!

So you don't really do any research do you? Tracking polls don't mean much. Every president has his own problem set to deal with. The only poll that matters is the one we had last november.

the-laugher-big.jpg

obamafail.jpg

print-obama-giclee.jpg

Forum List

Back