Democrats reject chance to avoid sequester

Right Wing Cognitive Dissonance Message Alert!

If the sequester is only a fraction of the budget and according to Con-reality, not going to cause any pain, why fix it, why assign blame?

Somebody please, please, help these people!!!

The Republican bill didn't propose to reduce the sequester by a penny, moron. It only gave Obama authority to determine where the cuts would be made.

What are you yapping about? Budget Control Act of 2011 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm talking about the bill voted on today, you fucking tree stump.

Can you even keep track of what the hell you're talking about?

Just remember, it is the Republicans fault, Obama said so.

The U.S. Senate failed to pass both Republican and Democratic alternatives to head off across-the-board spending cuts, nearly guaranteeing Washington will blow past a Friday deadline to avoid or replace $85 billion in cuts that threaten economic growth, military readiness and jobs.The Democratic alternative would have replaced the cuts, known as the sequester, with a combination of a minimum 30% tax on millionaires and cuts to defense and farm programs. It failed 51-49.
"I really believe that the American people deserve better than what the Republicans in this building believe is the right thing," said Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev.
The Republican alternative would have transferred sweeping authority to President Obama to force him to determine how to implement $85 billion in cuts instead of the across-the-board spending cut affecting most reaches of the federal government. The sequester exempts military personnel accounts and the social safety net including Social Security and Medicare. The GOP measure also failed, 38-62.
Senate rejects sequester alternatives

actually, the senate voted to avoid the sequester. the repubs filibustered. and the house teatards voted down the bill to avoid the sequester.

and then they went home instead of working.

why are you lying?

Excuse me? The House passed a bill, and the Senate rejected it after they voted down their own version of the bill which the CBO scored as increasing spending by $62.6 billion and increased taxes by $55.1 billion.

By the way, 3 Democrats voted against the Democratic version of the plan, all of them up for reelection next year. I guess Republicans are not the only ones who don't want to tax and spend.

If the Democrats want to blame Republicans because the cuts are without any discretion, yet reject a chance to make them discretionary, how is that right wing cognitive dissonance? Are the Democrats right wing now?

That's Democrat dissonance. They whine the don't have the option they don't have to do what they were just given the option of doing. It's similar to saying "stop me before I kill again!"

The Dems feel they are now in a position of political power. Republicans can play ball or be blamed for everything, and that is the likely scenario. While it is somewhat of a gamble and could backfire, odds are that Republicans really take it on the chin in 2014 if they continue to stonewall.
At this point in time, that seems very likely. The pubs are between the proverbial rock and a hard place. If they compromise with senate democrats, they lose the Tea Party. If they continue to just say no, they lose the public.

All the polls I have read say that public opinion is split, do you have access to data that no one else in the universe is aware of?

Right Wing Cognitive Dissonance Message Alert!

If the sequester is only a fraction of the budget and according to Con-reality, not going to cause any pain, why fix it, why assign blame?

Somebody please, please, help these people!!!

If the Democrats want to blame Republicans because the cuts are without any discretion, yet reject a chance to make them discretionary, how is that right wing cognitive dissonance? Are the Democrats right wing now?

Any chance offered by the GOP is not to be trusted. Only a plan with bipartisan support that passes with Congressional approval is realistic

The GOP can sponsor all the proposals they want/ All they've done for years is waste time trying to make Obama a one term Pres and they failed.

sucks to be you

The Republican bill didn't propose to reduce the sequester by a penny, moron. It only gave Obama authority to determine where the cuts would be made.

What are you yapping about? Budget Control Act of 2011 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm talking about the bill voted on today, you fucking tree stump.

Can you even keep track of what the hell you're talking about?

Any GOP sponsored Bill that passes only one House of Congress is masturbation

next

So if we do nothing the automatic cuts kick in....
So why wont the Democrats work on cuts before Friday then they can have more control over the cuts.
Why do the democrats want to do nothing,have the automatic cuts kick in that they don't want.

Easy answer...they will do anything that puts the GOP in a bad light.....

The Dems don't have to do anything to put the GOP in a bad light. The GOP is doing great in that department all by themselves.

Ah yes, cut children's programs, old people on SS, and, by all means, get rid of MediCare and MediAid, without them, the old bastards will die off faster. But don't you dare ask the very wealthy to pay the same percentage of their wage as the fellow that is working for a living.

The goals and ideology of the GOP has become completely transparent. I don't think that 2014 is going to be a good year for the GOP.

All these people on both sides going on and on about how the cuts will cost jobs.

I thought the government didn't create jobs.

I thought smaller government was the key to economic growth and job creation.

Who said those things? Anyone remember?

herrrrrrrrrre we go,:lol: the messiah is in walk back mode now, so the sycophants follow, old news bro. :rolleyes:

Are you drunk all the time now? That might qualify as a problem.

We're sending the Syrians another 60 million, I think that was the number I heard today, so obviously they weren't in the sequester bill.

The U.S. Senate failed to pass both Republican and Democratic alternatives to head off across-the-board spending cuts, nearly guaranteeing Washington will blow past a Friday deadline to avoid or replace $85 billion in cuts that threaten economic growth, military readiness and jobs.The Democratic alternative would have replaced the cuts, known as the sequester, with a combination of a minimum 30% tax on millionaires and cuts to defense and farm programs. It failed 51-49.
"I really believe that the American people deserve better than what the Republicans in this building believe is the right thing," said Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev.
The Republican alternative would have transferred sweeping authority to President Obama to force him to determine how to implement $85 billion in cuts instead of the across-the-board spending cut affecting most reaches of the federal government. The sequester exempts military personnel accounts and the social safety net including Social Security and Medicare. The GOP measure also failed, 38-62.

It's the Democrats fault that Republicans filibustered the replacement?

It's the Democrats fault that Republicans filibustered the replacement?

The Republicans did not filibuster the replacement, they filibustered another tax hike.

So when you say the Democrats "reject[ed] chance to avoid sequester", what you really mean is that they didn't give you you're way, so now you want to whine like a child.

So when you say the Democrats "reject[ed] chance to avoid sequester", what you really mean is that they didn't give you you're way, so now you want to whine like a child.

Not at all, I mean they rejected a chance to avoid the sequester and all the indiscriminate cuts they are whining about. If I had my way we would be cutting actual spending by at least 25%, not spending more money than we did last year and running around like Chicken Little because we are going to spend 2% less than we planned on spending this year.

Go play with your dolls, you aren't intelligent enough to deal with me on this subject.

Not at all, I mean they rejected a chance to avoid the sequester and all the indiscriminate cuts they are whining about. If I had my way we would be cutting actual spending by at least 25%, not spending more money than we did last year and running around like Chicken Little because we are going to spend 2% less than we planned on spending this year.

Go play with your dolls, you aren't intelligent enough to deal with me on this subject.

The Democrats' bill to end the sequester was killed by the Republicans. Why don't you start a thread about that, entitled,

Republicans rejected chance to avoid sequester...

Next in the news.

Republicans lose election..Demand Democratic fealty to them.

Sadly I can't say "for the last time" because you're just that stupid... But Obama lost 4 million voters this last election. Things are not looking good for Democrats or Republicans, but Dems are in fact shrinking faster than Republicans.

You know how you and others love to brag that the Republican party is dying? Well they made up 2% of the vote count difference in 2012 than where Dems and Reps were in 2008. So if Reps are dying, Dems are dying faster.

It's okay (if true). As long as he keeps beating the crap out of the GOP in Congress :clap2: he has my support

right, becasue the senate who has had 2 bills sent to them that would have made this all go away as we would have had a chance at a budget ( going on 4 years without one) is exempt from critique...:clap2:you're a sycophant, congrats...just beating the shit out of the house is all that counts now.....:rolleyes:

The GOP had as their number-one goal: to make sure that Barack Obama was a one-term president. They spent 4 years on shit. Obama leaves the WH to speak directly to the people and it is obvious you people are clueless you have been defeated

your off your meds I see, what the heck does that have to do with a bill that would actually have added 7 Bn to the deficit?

whats the matter Dante, your messiah run out of bullshit? and you do know that he had both houses for 2 years, which included a budgetary majority, he could have done any darn thing he wanted, and, a surpra majority for 1 in which ( as they did with obamacare) legislated anything they wanted to.....it doesn't get any better than that old bean...if the messiah couldn't make that work, its becasue he didn't want to or he was incompetent...theres no third alternative.

cognition, don't leave home without it....:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back