Zone1 Do most Jews believe they killed Jesus?

What was it you said to me again when I brought up the poor behavior of Jews on this message board?

It seems the only thing you learned from those unfortunate behaviors of kids who attended Catholic school when you were a child was to behave exactly like them.
I gave you some examples of what Catholic school kids did to Jews - calling them Christ killers, trespassing into their house on Shabbos and blowing out their candles (with a profanity-laced diatribe about their opinion of Judaism), keying JEW across the hood of their brand new car, and even disallowing Jewish girls (or any Jew) from being in their house.

What possible “poor behavior of Jews“ toward Catholics could possibly come to that?

What I'm saying is do most Jews agree with the Jesus being crucified? In the religion itself and amongst the jewish population. What do they truly believe?
Jews never saw Jesus as the messiah or as their god incarnate so I'm of the mind that most Jews didn't care if Jesus was crucified

Jews never saw Jesus as the messiah or as their god incarnate so I'm of the mind that most Jews didn't care if Jesus was crucified
Contrary to what your sunday school teacher told you, Jews at that time were very much AGAINST
the crucifixion of people by the Romans.

History knows. But heaven knows that Catholic School Kids are guilty of far greater sins. Right?
Not all Catholic School kids, and probably not most. But please do not disregard what Rosie and I are reporting to you: the worst antisemites we faced growing up were all in Catholic School. I myself couldn’t attend a neighbor’s birthday party because her father didn’t let Jews in the house. This happened in 1970s Washington DC.

She was up a few doors up. On the other side, a few doors down, were the boys who marched into our house and blew out the Shabbos candles, and yelled profanities. Also Catholic School boys.

Contrary to what your sunday school teacher told you, Jews at that time were very much AGAINST
the crucifixion of people by the Romans.
Never went to Sunday school.

And you can be against something and still not care too much about it being done.

IMO if you say you care about something and do nothing you don't really care

But please do not disregard what Rosie and I are reporting to you
Since the day I got here Rosie has been telling the same stories about Catholic School kids. I have never disregarded what was said, but has now been eight years of not disregarding the story. Perhaps it is time to move on?

I was in public school for two years before attending Catholic school for the next six. Having a foot in both, I can tell you my impression of Catholic School kids: They were the best of kids and they were the worst of kids. I can assure you that the boys who blew out the Shabbos candles--either before or after--had marched into the Catholic Church to blow out the voltive candles (signifying prayer). I know the type--those who thought it quite funny to shoot rubber bands at the priest while he was saying Mass.

What I'm saying is do most Jews agree with the Jesus being crucified? In the religion itself and amongst the jewish population. What do they truly believe?

Jesus was killed by the Romans, and crucifixion was a Roman method of execution at that time. It's in the bible if you want to read it sometime.

Forum List

Back