Do we have a right to defend our heritage and culture with force?

Baltimore has gone up and down over the decades.....it was a pit in the 50s...and you'd know that if you'd really lived there.
A major metropolitan area in America has trees growing through housing in a poor black neighborhood. Lol you can’t find a picture pre-1965 Of a city looking this bad.

I used to live in a very mixed neighborhood in Torrance. Everyone, it seemed spoke a different language, Korean, Chinese, Spanish, Arabic and a few odd ones who spoke English. It was not the kind of neighborhood where neighbors chatted and met for coffee.

Then we had an Earthquake. Most everyone came out of their homes in that early morning gloom. The electricity was out. Some knew to shut off the gas. Some did not. There was no such thing as people checking up with one another. One older Hispanic woman was crying. Who knows why.

People who do not speak a common language cannot work together on a common problem.

No they brought the will to assimilate to the new country. And they could do so because American culture is similar to European culture. My whole family is from a major urban area.
i’ve got yearbooks and everybody almost looked exactly the same lol .. same suits same dresses same hairstyle.(even blacks) . it was extremely important for poor parts of America to have commonality.. which is something we do not emphasize anymore. Which is why we have 225 ppl overdosing and dying of drugs every single day.
The first generation often didn’t fully assimilate. Why do you think enclaves of culture like Chinatown exist or Yiddish language newspapers? Or ethnic grocery stores?

You don’t think culture, and identity is important for poor ppl to succeed?
I think there are many many factors for success that don’t necessarily involve giving up one’s unique identity.

The first generation often didn’t fully assimilate. Why do you think enclaves of culture like Chinatown exist or Yiddish language newspapers? Or ethnic grocery stores?
Pre-1965 first-generation immigrants had to assimilate.. unless you came here with money. You could’ve created anything you wanted lol some cultures who kissed Americans asses like the Chinese got away with a lot. They bow to us. We have almost no real Latin immigrants in America in 1960, almost no Afro immigration. Asians can assimilate better then those two cultures, and Chinese woman worship American white men

I think there are many many factors for success that don’t necessarily involve giving up one’s unique identity.
I don’t think you have this serious thought

Because being able to communicate is extremely important. Not having access to be able to interact with half of your school I know from experience and see it daily hurts kids in urban areas worse then anything. In order to compete for jobs in order to compete for relationships in order to get yourself out of different situations you must be able to communicate and must be able to practice communicating throughout your childhood.
In order to succeed in the US, you need to speak decent enough English or be so talented it doesn’t. Kids are language sponges and they want to fit in. They pick up English pretty well. There are a lot of multilingual communities that don’t seemed harmed by this.

Pre-1965 first-generation immigrants had to assimilate.. unless you came here with money. You could’ve created anything you wanted lol some cultures who kissed Americans asses like the Chinese got away with a lot. They bow to us. We have almost no real Latin immigrants in America in 1960, almost no Afro immigration. Asians can assimilate better then those two cultures, and Chinese woman worship American white men
They didn’t necessarily assimilate. Many retained the customs of their old country and it was their children who assimilated.

Now you are jtts trolling.

In order to succeed in the US, you need to speak decent enough English or be so talented it doesn’t. Kids are language sponges and they want to fit in. They pick up English pretty well. There are a lot of multilingual communities that don’t seemed harmed by this.
First-generation immigrants do really well in America because they stay together. They stay within their communities and they communicate. They will go to an American school we’re half the kids are Americans and they will stay in their group of kids that only speak their language.. that’s a great thing!
but American kids in these schools many are poor blacks white and Latino are hurt, because there isn’t enough of them to create that group the hatians have. Or first generation Latinos. So they are cut off from Communication Growth. Which leads to massive problems socially, economically, it’s devastating.

They didn’t necessarily assimilate. Many retained the customs of their old country and it was their children who assimilated.

Now you are jtts trolling.
I don’t see that in my research, I see kids who assimilated. What is a jtts?

I don’t see that in my research, I see kids who assimilated. What is a jtts?
I just said that…the kids assimilate. In that tbey are no different than the prior immigrant waves who created our many different ethnic enclaves.

I just said that…the kids assimilate. In that tbey are no different than the prior immigrant waves who created our many different ethnic enclaves.
Study’s say it takes Latinos 100 years to assimilate to our culture.,, that’s not good for poor Americans stuck in these neighborhoods

Forum List

Back