Do you remember when the Democrat party actually had liberals in it?

[

Well, I'm pro-gay rights, a comfy agnostic and not a conservative, Joe, but other than that you really nailed it.

And wow, "they know it's wrong." You sound like Cheney.

:rolleyes:

Dude, I'm not even keeping track of what you "claim" to be anymore.

Making businesses do what they promise is not an affront to freedom.

I know, partisan ideologues and nuance are like oil and water.

Sorry, man, I don't see "nuance". I see a guy whining because he probably called a co-worker a bad name and got called on the carpet for it.

Dude, I'm not even keeping track of what you "claim" to be anymore.

Making businesses do what they promise is not an affront to freedom.

I know, partisan ideologues and nuance are like oil and water.

Sorry, man, I don't see "nuance". I see a guy whining because he probably called a co-worker a bad name and got called on the carpet for it.

I wonder if you realize how often you prove my point for me.

You're consistent, I'll give ya that.

I remember when the Republican Party had sane people in it.

Sadly, now it's the party that nominates people who think they are wearing magic underpants, and thinks the word "Rape" needs an adjective in front of it because they can't stand the thought of women controlling their own lady parts.

:clap2: Priceless!

When I was growing up, my mom was a democrat and dad was a republican. It never caused any problems: they both believed in the country and our government and respected it. They would go to vote, even though it meant they often canceled out each others' votes. They respected that they were lucky to live in a democracy and have the right to vote. They both lived through the depression and WWII. Maybe that made some difference.

"For the first time in my life I'm proud of my country."

[
I wonder if you realize how often you prove my point for me.

You're consistent, I'll give ya that.

Yeah, whatever, guy.

You don't have a point. You have a lot of whining because cultural norms have passed you by.

If you're under 30 years old like me, then no.

see, as usual you have it butt backwards.....

what you are... is so far right you can't even gauge the politics of anyone who is to the left of atilla the hun.

if you're under 30 and you're so rabidly to the right, it's likely you've spent your life being brainwashed by idiots on rightwingnut talk radio, the rightwingnut blogosphere and faux news.

There's the real answer.The problem is that since the libertarian pipe dreamers came in and started moving the lines and making up their own definitions to various ideologies we spend half our time just arguing over what the hell conservative or liberal even means.

[

That comment really irks you, doesn't it?

Clueless white people are always fun.

You mean because one of the most privileged people on the planet who got that way solely because of America indicates that the only thing that makes her proud is that her half-white husband got elected? Yeah, that would irk anyone with two functioning brain cells.

[

You mean because one of the most privileged people on the planet who got that way solely because of America indicates that the only thing that makes her proud is that her half-white husband got elected? Yeah, that would irk anyone with two functioning brain cells.

Frankly, this is someone who grew up in a country where she was considered a second class citizen because of her skin color. Mrs. Obama is old enough to remember church bombings and lynchings and colored water fountains and race riots.

And that we've grown from that to elect a black president, that's something to be proud of.

Except for the chunk of the country like you who've completely lost their shit over it.

Frankly, this is someone who grew up in a country where she was considered a second class citizen because of her skin color. Mrs. Obama is old enough to remember church bombings and lynchings and colored water fountains and race riots.

And that we've grown from that to elect a black president, that's something to be proud of.

Except for the chunk of the country like you who've completely lost their shit over it.

Michelle Obama is younger than we are, Joe. Do you recall blacks in Chicago being second class citizens? I sure don't. She didnt get to be a high powered lawyer because there was racial discrimination.

BULLSHIT !!

the bitch would have to be over 60 y.o. ! you lie :up:

all that shit went out in the mid to late 1960's..., i know ! i was there. :up:

There is no more fundamental liberal principle than freedom of expression.

"Liberals" are now 180 degrees opposed to that principle.

Now, it's all about forcing conformity and oppression, a.k.a. JoeB's "polite society".

Go ahead, deny that.

what you are... is so far right you can't even gauge the politics of anyone who is to the left of atilla the hun.

if you're under 30 and you're so rabidly to the right, it's likely you've spent your life being brainwashed by idiots on rightwingnut talk radio, the rightwingnut blogosphere and faux news.

You think this is the same "Don't trust anyone over 30, Don't trust the Man Speak the Truth to Power" Democrat Party?!

LOL

Jilly, you ARE the Man

The Government can spy on us, use drones, violate our rights and all you do is excuse it

JoeBStarkey, wrong again.

How shocking

Now, it's all about forcing conformity and oppression, a.k.a. JoeB's "polite society".

Go ahead, deny that.

You have no right to express views that offensive to women, minorities, etc.
Yes, they really believe that.

There's the real answer.The problem is that since the libertarian pipe dreamers came in and started moving the lines and making up their own definitions to various ideologies we spend half our time just arguing over what the hell conservative or liberal even means.

^^ That.

"Progressive" for a good example. I see that fly around here every day and keep demanding a definition that refers to anything contemporary. I have yet to get one. It's apparently a made-up generic slur. I guess when the definitional demands become too hot to handle they just recycle a new one. :dunno:

Go ahead, deny that.

If that's true, it's not the people that changed. It's your definition of "Liberal".

Go ahead, deny that.

If that's true, it's not the people that changed. It's your definition of "Liberal".

So you're claiming that freedom of expression is not a fundamental principle of liberalism?

BULLSHIT !!

the bitch would have to be over 60 y.o. ! you lie :up:

all that shit went out in the mid to late 1960's..., i know ! i was there. :up:

Oh good, the human Fukushima is here.

"Went out in the '60s" huh? After four hundred years, somebody just found the circuit breaker and flipped a switch.

Wacko.

Forum List

Back