Do you remember when the Democrat party actually had liberals in it?

i remember when both parties had people in it who actually cared about the Country before themselves or their precious little party....in those days it did not seem to matter much who was in charge because you knew no matter what they were up to,at least they were taking care of the Country....we always have had a problem or 2 but not like now.....the people are so divided its getting pathetic.....we need a leader,and we need one now....

There is no more fundamental liberal principle than freedom of expression.

"Liberals" are now 180 degrees opposed to that principle.

Now, it's all about forcing conformity and oppression, a.k.a. JoeB's "polite society".

Go ahead, deny that.

Whatever, guy.

So essentially, after years of you guys having the power, now that soemone else has it, you start whining about "Freedom".

Because clearly, making someone back a cake and telling them they can't say "faggot" is just as bad as when people were lynched and beaten.

Do you remember when the Democrat party actually had liberals in it?

"Liberals" in the classical sense, meaning "supporting liberty"? That was a LONG time ago - the early 1900s or thereabouts.

Even then it was a misnomer. The "liberal" Democrats of that time, wanted to use government to support liberty... a fundamental contradiction that has led to the party to the inevitable result we see today: A party that uses government to support EVERYTHING.

The only way government can "support" liberty, of course, is by getting out of the people's way and staying out. Government's only legitimate role is to prevent people from taking liberty away from each other, and punishing the ones who try to do it.

Punishing, restricting, and taking resources away, are the ONLY things any government is capable of, then or now. A good government is one that is careful to do those things only to people who unjustly restricted or took away their fellow men's rights and resources.

When the "liberals" of the early 1900s started to use government to "help people just a little", they sealed their doom and set their party on the road to the big-govt domination we are seeing today... and which is accelerating ever faster toward lawless dictators and pure tyranny.

jillian stuck her ass high up in the air while lowering her face to her knees and maniacally shrieked while wickedly waving her finger:

see, as usual you have it butt backwards.....

As usual you espouse amazing ignorance and idiocy.

what you are... is so far right you can't even gauge the politics of anyone who is to the left of atilla the hun.

So, anyone a nanometer to the right of Karl Marx is Atilla the Hun? Ok, got it.

if you're under 30 and you're so rabidly to the right, it's likely you've spent your life being brainwashed by idiots on rightwingnut talk radio, the rightwingnut blogosphere and faux news.

It's not so much that I'm rabidly to the right, it's that you're such a profoundly devout communist-authoritarian, you are disillusioned into to thinking nuts like yourself are mainstream.

Faux News, I agree with you on this one, as they are nothing more than a mouthpiece for the establishment-wing of the Republican Party. However, you clearly are brainwashed by the Democrat/Marxist party's propaganda machines: ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and MSDNC.

As for right-wing radio, really, they're idiots? Oh, how open-minded and tolerant you are! :lol: I completely disagree with the likes of Rachael Maddow, Mark Lamont Hill, Alan Colmes, and Bob Beckel; the last thing I'd call any of them is idiot. However, I have no reservations in calling you an idiot, because you clearly are one, as well as being an obscenely crass woman completely lacking in civility.

Well jillian, as I conclude this, how about I make you feel right at home:

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs]National Anthem of USSR - YouTube[/ame]

There are 43 billionaires that give to the democrat party and 57 that give to the republican party. so both parties cater to the very rich in some way or another.

Absolutely. That's why the idea that we have "two" parties is a farce. We have one party, it's an oligarchy, and it likes to dress up in two different colours and pretend it's a split personality. It's like picking out your favourite colour of M&M: once you get inside they're all the same.

"As for a third party we tried that in 1972, the People's Party. Unfortunately we forgot that in order to have a third party you must first have two other parties." -- Gore Vidal (quoted from memory)

So you can't tell the difference between the rich who want to tax themselves less and the ones who want to tax themselves more? Now which do you think care about the country? duh

OP-The only thing that's changed is how misinformed you are....The Pub propaganda machine is a giant, un-American disgrace...

There are 43 billionaires that give to the democrat party and 57 that give to the republican party. so both parties cater to the very rich in some way or another.

Absolutely. That's why the idea that we have "two" parties is a farce. We have one party, it's an oligarchy, and it likes to dress up in two different colours and pretend it's a split personality. It's like picking out your favourite colour of M&M: once you get inside they're all the same.

"As for a third party we tried that in 1972, the People's Party. Unfortunately we forgot that in order to have a third party you must first have two other parties." -- Gore Vidal (quoted from memory)

So you can't tell the difference between the rich who want to tax themselves less and the ones who want to tax themselves more? Now which do you think care about the country? duh

Oh, I can tell the difference between the haves and the have-nots all too well. I just can't tell the difference between what are supposed to be two different parties both owned and operated by the same oligarchy.

jillian stuck her ass high up in the air while lowering her face to her knees and maniacally shrieked while wickedly waving her finger:

what you are... is so far right you can't even gauge the politics of anyone who is to the left of atilla the hun.

if you're under 30 and you're so rabidly to the right, it's likely you've spent your life being brainwashed by idiots on rightwingnut talk radio, the rightwingnut blogosphere and faux news.

It's not so much that I'm rabidly to the right, it's that you're such a profoundly devout communist-authoritarian, you are disillusioned into to thinking nuts like yourself are mainstream.

Faux News, I agree with you on this one, as they are nothing more than a mouthpiece for the establishment-wing of the Republican Party. However, you clearly are brainwashed by the Democrat/Marxist party's propaganda machines: ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and MSDNC.

As for right-wing radio, really, they're idiots? Oh, how open-minded and tolerant you are! :lol: I completely disagree with the likes of Rachael Maddow, Mark Lamont Hill, Alan Colmes, and Bob Beckel; the last thing I'd call any of them is idiot. However, I have no reservations in calling you an idiot, because you clearly are one, as well as being an obscenely crass woman completely lacking in civility.

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs]National Anthem of USSR - YouTube[/ame]

You realize you just made no point at all, right? That's just a stream of gainsaying and name-calling.

Your own thread title tells me Jillian was right about your sources -- because there is no such thing as the "Democrat Party". That's Lush Rimjob's malaprop, and you bought it. Dead giveaway.

If you're under 30 years old like me, then no.

and you just proved Marc's point
nasty, ugly and condescending

attilla the hun? rightwingnut rightwingnut talk radio rightwingnut blogs and faux news.
and you call this , gaging a person? shrill and nothing but nothing

NO, i just have no tolerance for people trying to impose their religion on others.

At no time do I insist you guys all have to be atheists.

But, man, you will totally try to impose your religion on the rest of us.
No, you are just a bitter, angry, bigoted old cuss, who plays out his issues on a message board.

Maybe you would feel better if you chased some neighbor kids off your lawn.

Yes, I am bigoted against superstitions that have led to

Inquisitions
Crusades
Jihads
Witch Burning
Suppression of Science
Abuse of Children

and I'm fucking proud of it.

Religion hasn't accomplished anything good in the whole of human history, not even by accident. The sooner we put it behind us, the better.

So making a religious loon bake a fucking cake just doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

Catholic Charities and other religious organizations have helped millions of people and dispensed billions of dollars in aid around the world. Religious organizations have done tremendous good in many, many ways.

You, on the other hand, are simply showing your own ignorance, bigotry, and hatred.

Oh, I can tell the difference between the haves and the have-nots all too well. I just can't tell the difference between what are supposed to be two different parties both owned and operated by the same oligarchy.

I'll try again. So you can't tell the difference between the rich who want to tax themselves less and the THE RICH who want to tax themselves more? Now which do you think care about the country? duh

and you just proved Marc's point
nasty, ugly and condescending

attilla the hun? rightwingnut rightwingnut talk radio rightwingnut blogs and faux news.
and you call this , gaging a person? shrill and nothing but nothing

Sure. But you don't get your own "facts"....:eusa_liar::eusa_whistle:

oh good grief, they can claim they want to 'TAX" themselves more because they have accountants that will just find a way to write them off...you can't be this nieve and you're just pulling our legs..
right?

I'm old enough to remember liberal Republicans, and when the Republican party was to the left of today's Democratic Party.

92.jpg
92.gif

Excerpt from:
Republican Party Platform of 1956
August 20, 1956

Our Government was created by the people for all the people, and it must serve no less a purpose.

The Republican Party was formed 100 years ago to preserve the Nation's devotion to these ideals.

On its Centennial, the Republican Party again calls to the minds of all Americans the great truth first spoken by Abraham Lincoln: "The legitimate object of Government is to do for a community of people whatever they need to have done but cannot do at all, or cannot so well do, for themselves in their separate and individual capacities. But in all that people can individually do as well for themselves, Government ought not to interfere."

Our great President Dwight D. Eisenhower has counseled us further: "In all those things which deal with people, be liberal, be human. In all those things which deal with people's money, or their economy, or their form of government, be conservative.

"We shall ever build anew, that our children and their children, without distinction because of race, creed or color, may know the blessings of our free land.

We are proud of and shall continue our far-reaching and sound advances in matters of basic human needs-expansion of social security-broadened coverage in unemployment insurance - improved housing- and better health protection for all our people. We are determined that our government remain warmly responsive to the urgent social and economic problems of our people.

Labor
"Under the Republican Administration, as our country has prospered, so have its people. This is as it should be, for as President Eisenhower said: "Labor is the United States. The men and women, who with their minds, their hearts and hands, create the wealth that is shared in this country...they are America."

The Eisenhower Administration has brought to our people the highest employment, the highest wages and the highest standard of living ever enjoyed by any nation. Today there are nearly 67 million men and women at work in the United States, 4 million more than in 1952. Wages have increased substantially over the past 3 1/2 years; but, more important, the American wage earner today can buy more than ever before for himself and his family because his pay check has not been eaten away by rising taxes and soaring prices.

The record of performance of the Republican Administration on behalf of our working men and women goes still further. The Federal minimum wage has been raised for more than 2 million workers. Social Security has been extended to an additional 10 million workers and the benefits raised for 6 1/2 million. The protection of unemployment insurance has been brought to 4 million additional workers. There have been increased workmen's compensation benefits for longshoremen and harbor workers, increased retirement benefits for railroad employees, and wage increases and improved welfare and pension plans for federal employees.

In addition, the Eisenhower Administration has enforced more vigorously and effectively than ever before, the laws which protect the working standards of our people.

Workers have benefited by the progress which has been made in carrying out the programs and principles set forth in the 1952 Republican platform. All workers have gained and unions have grown in strength and responsibility, and have increased their membership by 2 millions.

Furthermore, the process of free collective bargaining has been strengthened by the insistence of this Administration that labor and management settle their differences at the bargaining table without the intervention of the Government. This policy has brought to our country an unprecedented period of labor-management peace and understanding...

Republican action created the Department of Health, Education and Welfare as the first new Federal department in 40 years, to raise the continuing consideration of these problems for the first time to the highest council of Government, the President's Cabinet.... We have supported the distribution of free vaccine to protect millions of children against dreaded polio.

Republican leadership has enlarged Federal assistance for construction of hospitals, emphasizing low-cost care of chronic diseases and the special problems of older persons, and increased Federal aid for medical care of the needy.

We have asked the largest increase in research funds ever sought in one year to intensify attacks on cancer, mental illness, heart disease and other dread diseases."

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=25838

Equality, rightly understood as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences; wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism.
Barry Goldwater (R) Late Senator & Father of the Conservative movement

OP-The only thing that's changed is how misinformed you are....The Pub propaganda machine is a giant, un-American disgrace...

and I guess you're going to tell us the Dems don't have a propaganda machine
it's the Democrats who has been brainwashed to a point that you can't tolerant anyone even suggesting that you're wrong...then we get the Un-Amercian disgrace throwed out there or called rightwingnuts 10 times in on post
geesh, Liberals and Democrats of the old died out back around the 60s-70s
now we have hard core shrill partisan people who care for more a party than country

Last edited:

You realize you just made no point at all, right? That's just a stream of gainsaying and name-calling.

Your own thread title tells me Jillian was right about your sources -- because there is no such thing as the "Democrat Party". That's Lush Rimjob's malaprop, and you bought it. Dead giveaway.

So says the Comrade Chris Matthews, Ed Schultz, Rachael Maddow, MSDNC disciple. You attack me for name-calling, yet you clearly used name-calling towards a person you don't like. Wow, just wow, thanks for your reply, couldn't have asked for a better reply. You wouldn't know a point if you sat on sword. Next time, try talking when your mouth isn't full of oatmeal.

Last edited:

This is the problem, the extremism and end of the spectrum partisanships. Two extremes screaming insults at each other, taking only the extreme partisan viewpoint from each end of the spectrum, basing their attitude and beliefs on television and radio talk shows, drawing a deep, dark line between 'them' and 'us,' etc.

I have never listened to or even seen on television the people mentioned above, never. If you showed me a picture of any one of them, I couldn't identify who it is. Whatever viewpoint I have is my own, love it or hate it: it is mine. But I am constantly being told I parrot the party line and the people mentioned above. It's ludicrous. I suspect the lack of civility in discussing these issues is down to watching or listening to these media people, mentioned above, and copying the way they approach the subject.

I can remember clearly when democrats and republicans could talk civilly to each other and not be completely enveloped in partisan politics. At least based on this board, that's gone now. And the loss is to the detriment of the country.

Last edited:
Religion hasn't accomplished anything good in the whole of human history, not even by accident. The sooner we put it behind us, the better.

So making a religious loon bake a fucking cake just doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

Catholic Charities and other religious organizations have helped millions of people and dispensed billions of dollars in aid around the world. Religious organizations have done tremendous good in many, many ways.

You, on the other hand, are simply showing your own ignorance, bigotry, and hatred.

Catholic Charities gives food out to families that they told not to use birth control, and they ended up with a bunch of kids they couldn't feed.

You don't get credit for half-ass solving a problem you caused to start with.

If you want to look at the most miserable, poor, half-ass countries in the world, it's ones that are dominated by the fucked up Catholic Church.

Forum List

Back