Does God Exist?

I think there is. I don't believe any human knows who or what God is exactly, but IMO there's too much evidence to discount the existence of a God or Gods.
There is no evidence that proves the existence of a God or Gods. My argument is: There is no God. The onus is on YOU to PROVE that God exists.
The existence of God isn't provable in the mathematical or legal sense. So like I said I don't claim to know who or what God is. I just see a lot of evidence that supports God or the Gods existence.
I think there is. I don't believe any human knows who or what God is exactly, but IMO there's too much evidence to discount the existence of a God or Gods.
There is no evidence that proves the existence of a God or Gods. My argument is: There is no God. The onus is on YOU to PROVE that God exists.
The evidence is circumstantial, but there is a lot of it. Kind of like the O.J. case.
And yet you don't cite any evidence at all.

And I don't have to prove that it DOESN'T exist. YOU have to prove that it DOES exist.

Why would any person be obligated to prove anything to you? Likewise, you're under no obligation to prove anything to anyone else.

Faith, or the lack of it, is a purely personal concept.
You're not OBLIGATED to prove a fucking thing to me. But your inability to prove the truth of your position shows that you're probably wrong.

The existence of God isn't provable in the mathematical or legal sense. So like I said I don't claim to know who or what God is. I just see a lot of evidence that supports God or the Gods existence.
The evidence is circumstantial, but there is a lot of it. Kind of like the O.J. case.
The evidence is all around you.

The evidence is all around you.
What? The universe? That's your evidence for God? The universe proves that IT exists. It proves nothing about God.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. "

Arthur C. Clarke
I.E., when you don't know, you don't know. It is implied that magic is the stupid and wrong conclusion. The morale is, the god of the gaps can fool anyone who is willing to invoke magic.

Why does the thought of The Universe without G-d make you so angry?
Why does it make you so fearful and gullible? Are you afraid you just might not live forever?

I'm definitely not living forever. How boring would that be.
Ask me again in 1000 years. Sounds delightful. Thus, the myriad of afterlife myths.

I think people who believe that an afterlife is just an extension (albeit much more comfortable) of this life are selling the afterlife short.

If there is an afterlife, and Jewish scripture is very vague on the subject, I would like it to be a wholly different experience and a much higher level of consciousness.

Arthur C. Clarke
I.E., when you don't know, you don't know. It is implied that magic is the stupid and wrong conclusion. The morale is, the god of the gaps can fool anyone who is willing to invoke magic.
I don't even know what all your bullshit means. But I believe in facts, not magic.

Arthur C. Clarke

704X8.gif

Why does the thought of The Universe without G-d make you so angry?
Why does it make you so fearful and gullible? Are you afraid you just might not live forever?

I'm definitely not living forever. How boring would that be.
Ask me again in 1000 years. Sounds delightful. Thus, the myriad of afterlife myths.

I think people who believe that an afterlife is just an extension (albeit much more comfortable) of this life are selling the afterlife short.

If there is an afterlife, and Jewish scripture is very vague on the subject, I would like it to be a wholly different experience and a much higher level of consciousness.
I think that the most significant phrase in your post is "I would like it to be." YOU WOULD LIKE IT TO BE. It's what you want, not what is real.

If my skepticism means that I end up in the Lake of Fire, I'm fine with that. I wouldn't want to go along with such a sour God. He can go fuck Himself.

There you go. Just let it out.

I'm angry because millions of people are living (and dying) believing that they'll find a better world afterwards, and it doesn't exist. And I don't have to prove that it DOESN'T exist. YOU have to prove that it DOES exist. If I claim that an invisible six-foot rabbit hangs out with me, is it up to YOU to prove that my friend Harvey DOESN'T exist? Or is it up to me to prove that Harvey DOES exist?

Isn't it better to be not angry and don't care? What's the word I'm looking for? Oh, yeah -- APATHY. Why not be apathetic to it?

Do you want to hear the best thing I ever heard an atheist say? This was when apologist Dr. William Lane Craig was debating Professor Lawrence Krauss of ASU and author of A Universe from Nothing fame. The reporters asked Krauss what would make him believe in God and he said if the stars realigned themselves to spell out, "I am here," then he would reconsider.

A week later a regular atheist man made the front pages of the SF - Bay Area paper by saying that's not good enough because the people in the Southern hemisphere woud not see it. Furthermore, every atheist in the past, i.e. the dead, present, and future would have to see it. That was really something. From then on, I thought that atheists would get their proof in the Lake of Fire. Pain and suffering could be a strong persuader -- Is Pain And Suffering The Only Way To Convince Atheists That There Is A God. Yet, in 2019 if discovered that God had said "every eye will see" already in his prophecies. This was around 2000 years ago.

"Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen." Revelation 1:7

The dead atheists would rise again and be reunited with their bodies in order to see. Same with those in the present who died. Those in the present and future still living would see it live.

It meant everything will be settled on Earth. I thought if I was an atheist, then that would make me fall down on my face and beg for forgiveness. That would convince me.

Yes. Of course. To atheists no evidence is possible. To the believer evidence is everywhere. I am speaking as a former atheist.

If you are a questioning atheist be very careful in asking the Lord for help. He is likely to slap you around quite a bit first.

If my skepticism means that I end up in the Lake of Fire, I'm fine with that. I wouldn't want to go along with such a sour God. He can go fuck Himself.

There you go. Just let it out.

I'm angry because millions of people are living (and dying) believing that they'll find a better world afterwards, and it doesn't exist. And I don't have to prove that it DOESN'T exist. YOU have to prove that it DOES exist. If I claim that an invisible six-foot rabbit hangs out with me, is it up to YOU to prove that my friend Harvey DOESN'T exist? Or is it up to me to prove that Harvey DOES exist?

Isn't it better to be not angry and don't care? What's the word I'm looking for? Oh, yeah -- APATHY. Why not be apathetic to it?

Do you want to hear the best thing I ever heard an atheist say? This was when apologist Dr. William Lane Craig was debating Professor Lawrence Krauss of ASU and author of A Universe from Nothing fame. The reporters asked Krauss what would make him believe in God and he said if the stars realigned themselves to spell out, "I am here," then he would reconsider.

A week later a regular atheist man made the front pages of the SF - Bay Area paper by saying that's not good enough because the people in the Southern hemisphere woud not see it. Furthermore, every atheist in the past, i.e. the dead, present, and future would have to see it. That was really something. From then on, I thought that atheists would get their proof in the Lake of Fire. Pain and suffering could be a strong persuader -- Is Pain And Suffering The Only Way To Convince Atheists That There Is A God. Yet, in 2019 if discovered that God had said "every eye will see" already in his prophecies. This was around 2000 years ago.

"Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen." Revelation 1:7

The dead atheists would rise again and be reunited with their bodies in order to see. Same with those in the present who died. Those in the present and future still living would see it live.

It meant everything will be settled on Earth. I thought if I was an atheist, then that would make me fall down on my face and beg for forgiveness. That would convince me.
First, no, it's not better to be not angry and not care. It's always better to care, whether you're an atheist (or, as I like to call myself, a realist) or not.

I'm not apathetic because I care about this world. I would argue that I care more about THIS world than you do, because I don't have some fantasy afterlife to look forward to -- for me, this is all there is.

I don't give a shit about what anybody said about the stars anywhere. That doesn't prove a damn thing about whether or not God is real.

But really, you should ask yourself this: why would any God torture people because of their sincere beliefs? If that's your God, I'd rather live in Hell.

But really, you should ask yourself this: why would any God torture people because of their sincere beliefs?

Because that is the one commandment God wants us to obey -- that his Son Jesus died for our sins. Today, it's a positive test.

With Adam and Eve, God gave them a negative test of not eating fruit from a specific tree in heaven.

So why would God put today's non-believers and sinners to the Lake of Fire over it. Because God the Father hates sin and cannot be with sin. The non-believers reap what they sow by being separated from God. Jesus cleanses our sins and thus the only way to heaven.

As for the pain of burning in hell forever, we do not know what the Lake of Fire is really all about. It is a prophecy and propecies are allegory. For example, the entrance to heaven is not the pearly gate or wide gate, but the narrow gate and door. The door refers to Jesus and we go through the door and go on the narrow path. The others take the easy path and think their path is the way to heaven or salvation.

But really, you should ask yourself this: why would any God torture people because of their sincere beliefs?

Because that is the one commandment God wants us to obey -- that his Son Jesus died for our sins. Today, it's a positive test.

With Adam and Eve, God gave them a negative test of not eating fruit from a specific tree in heaven.

So why would God put today's non-believers and sinners to the Lake of Fire over it. Because God the Father hates sin and cannot be with sin. The non-believers reap what they sow by being separated from God. Jesus cleanses our sins and thus the only way to heaven.

As for the pain of burning in hell forever, we do not know what the Lake of Fire is really all about. It is a prophecy and propecies are allegory. For example, the entrance to heaven is not the pearly gate or wide gate, but the narrow gate and door. The door refers to Jesus and we go through the door and go on the narrow path. The others take the easy path and think their path is the way to heaven or salvation.
But didn't God create EVERYTHING? Why would He create a world in which sin is even possible? So, didn't He create sin, too?

Oh, wait! I know what you're going to say! The DEVIL created sin! Yes, of course! Except... didn't God create the Devil, too?

But didn't God create EVERYTHING? Why would He create a world in which sin is even possible? So, didn't He create sin, too?
Why would he?

Forum List

Back