Does the GOP/Conservatives want to re-occupy Iraq or not?

So, now you have to answer the question.

Did Bush get us out of Iraq and Obama is taking credit, or did Obama fix Iraq by pulling out before he blew his load?

The answer to the question of the OP is rather obvious, but nothing short of a very simplified response will be understandable to the majority of the progressives here.

So, give us the list of GOP'ers and/or Conservatives that have said they want boots on the ground.

Then give Me a list of GOP'ers that have the actual authority to put boots on the ground, and have said they want boots on the ground.

In other words, first you have to ask the GOP/Conservatives the question. Since there are no elected GOP representatives on this forum, it makes the OP look like a total idiot (hence, I have to dumb down the reply) to ask this question.

So, now that I dismissed the phoney attempt at a legitimate discussion, and you leftists are to cowardly to actually express YOUR ideas, (After all, the problem of Iraq is NOW the Democrats problem) shall we move on?

Actually your post makes you sound extremely desperate to find any kind of convoluted excuse to blame Obama for things he has no, nor should have no control of.
Do you ever stop and consider your responses before you hit that send button?

What makes you think that in anything in life, let alone an internet forum, I would feel desperate to answer a nonsensical question to anyone's satisfaction but My own?

You sound like you are projecting, or hiding your lack of confidence in yourself, or your president.

I'd ask you to stop and think before posting, but I doubt you'd take the advice.

So, do you have that list or no?

Thanks for the heads up. You are right, I posted to soon. I typed "should have no control" and meant "any". I changed it.

You are asking a loaded questions that specifically demands answers that you already know the answer to. They require caveats and explanations that would open and endless debate based on opinions of the motivations of particular politicians. Those are ambush questions and you suck at setting up ambushes.

I'm trying to recall a time that any President in the history of our great country ever made decisions, often without consulting Congress, then blamed his Predecessor?? The amazing stupidity on display by Dear Leader and his wild band of Zombies is almost too comical.

Not nearly as comical as your stupidity...Obama is complying with the SOFA treaty that Bush signed in 2008 promising to completely withdraw troops by December 2011. How many times does this have to be repeated on this board? I'm fucking not even going to link to it anymore. Look it up yourself.

Did Bush get us out of Iraq and Obama is taking credit, or did Obama fix Iraq by pulling out before he blew his load?

The answer to the question of the OP is rather obvious, but nothing short of a very simplified response will be understandable to the majority of the progressives here.

So, give us the list of GOP'ers and/or Conservatives that have said they want boots on the ground.

Then give Me a list of GOP'ers that have the actual authority to put boots on the ground, and have said they want boots on the ground.

In other words, first you have to ask the GOP/Conservatives the question. Since there are no elected GOP representatives on this forum, it makes the OP look like a total idiot (hence, I have to dumb down the reply) to ask this question.

So, now that I dismissed the phoney attempt at a legitimate discussion, and you leftists are to cowardly to actually express YOUR ideas, (After all, the problem of Iraq is NOW the Democrats problem) shall we move on?

I don't know who you think doesn't express their idea about Iraq.

Here, let me give you mine. It has been exactly the same since Bush started the push to war years ago.

Get the fuck out of Iraq. They have been intent on killing each other for years and years. Leave them to it. Let them kill each other till Baghdad has Iraqi blood running in the streets.
Killing and hating each other is what they do best.

Get the fuck out of Iraq.

I hope you have the sense to understand MY position on Iraq.

I can't think of any other reason for Obama to throw away all our sacrifice in Iraq and hand it to the Islamists except that he hates America.

He campaigned on the promise he would get the USA out of Iraq. It was the main reason the Democrats chose him over Clinton. He won the election and fulfilled his promise. No more flag draped coffins and maimed soldiers coming home from Iraq.

He campaigned on handing $15 Billion of our best equipment to his Jihad friends?

I must have missed that
Like F-16's to the Muslim brotherhood as to allow them to protect the "Arab Spring"...weapons to the radicals to take out Assad...the very same that are now in Iraq...

He campaigned on the promise he would get the USA out of Iraq. It was the main reason the Democrats chose him over Clinton. He won the election and fulfilled his promise. No more flag draped coffins and maimed soldiers coming home from Iraq.

He campaigned on handing $15 Billion of our best equipment to his Jihad friends?

I must have missed that
Like F-16's to the Muslim brotherhood as to allow them to protect the "Arab Spring"...weapons to the radicals to take out Assad...the very same that are now in Iraq...

You are claiming the terrorists in Iraq are flying missions with F16's provided by the USA.

You might want to post a link proving that line of bullshit. Or are you like Frank and just post whatever makes you feel "good"?

I must have missed that

You are claiming the terrorists in Iraq are flying missions with F16's provided by the USA.

You might want to post a link proving that line of bullshit. Or are you like Frank and just post whatever makes you feel "good"?
Reading deficiency there ZOINK? (And you don't know the history of the situation). I never said that asswipe. The aircraft are in EGYPT you schmuck, Try the weapons given to the radicals against ASSAD...they are the very same weapons AND people.

DO try to keep up ZOINK.

SCHMUCK :eusa_hand:

Not nearly as comical as your stupidity...Obama is complying with the SOFA treaty that Bush signed in 2008 promising to completely withdraw troops by December 2011. How many times does this have to be repeated on this board? I'm fucking not even going to link to it anymore. Look it up yourself.

I don't know who you think doesn't express their idea about Iraq.

Here, let me give you mine. It has been exactly the same since Bush started the push to war years ago.

Get the fuck out of Iraq. They have been intent on killing each other for years and years. Leave them to it. Let them kill each other till Baghdad has Iraqi blood running in the streets.
Killing and hating each other is what they do best.

Get the fuck out of Iraq.

I hope you have the sense to understand MY position on Iraq.
Good enough. You advocate turning your back on the mess that Obama created. I get it. I also happen to agree.

There is a solution to Iraq, but no one has the stomach for it anymore so I say we just let them fester and build camps and train terrorists and if they ever manage to attack the USA again by a trained terrorist from Iraq, then I say we just nuke the fucking shit hole and call it a day.

The GOP vs Dems blame game aside, there is no reason for the US to be in Iraq. We did our best, but when the government is corrupt and/or incompetent no amount of money or military resources will keep it in power indefinitely i.e. Mubarak in Egypt, Ngo Dinh Diem in South Vietnam,etc.

Agreed, but this was a key part of the calculus for those of us who have opposed the invasion and occupation of Iraq from the beginning.

What in the world did we really think we were going to create over there?

This was a horrible idea from the start, and we've paid an even more horrible price.

Actually your post makes you sound extremely desperate to find any kind of convoluted excuse to blame Obama for things he has no, nor should have no control of.
Do you ever stop and consider your responses before you hit that send button?

What makes you think that in anything in life, let alone an internet forum, I would feel desperate to answer a nonsensical question to anyone's satisfaction but My own?

You sound like you are projecting, or hiding your lack of confidence in yourself, or your president.

I'd ask you to stop and think before posting, but I doubt you'd take the advice.

So, do you have that list or no?

Thanks for the heads up. You are right, I posted to soon. I typed "should have no control" and meant "any". I changed it.

You are asking a loaded questions that specifically demands answers that you already know the answer to. They require caveats and explanations that would open and endless debate based on opinions of the motivations of particular politicians. Those are ambush questions and you suck at setting up ambushes.
That is because I am NOT setting up an ambush question(s). I am simply replying in kind to the OP, using the OP's strategy. The OP is a loaded question, designed for no purpose other than to reject any idea's about Iraq and to belittle the political opposition.

There simply is no interest whatever, in hearing GOP/Conservative solutions by the OP.

So, as I said a few posts back. Now that I have thoroughly debunked the thread premise, shall we move on?

The GOP vs Dems blame game aside, there is no reason for the US to be in Iraq. We did our best, but when the government is corrupt and/or incompetent no amount of money or military resources will keep it in power indefinitely i.e. Mubarak in Egypt, Ngo Dinh Diem in South Vietnam,etc.

Agreed, but this was a key part of the calculus for those of us who have opposed the invasion and occupation of Iraq from the beginning.

This was a horrible idea from the start, and we've paid an even more horrible price.

And will haunt us for the foreseeable future.

I believe it was General Patreaus who said, "Even if we went into Iraq in a messy way, that is no excuse for leaving it in the same manner."

There was a decent plan to hold onto a fragile stability in Iraq and to withdraw over a period of time that would have reduced the likelihood of this current mess. But that too, is moot now and a done deal.

Best that we just wash our hands of it and let the leftists open another chapter in their 'hate America' meme.....Even if we were to go back in now, there will be no will to win, so why bother.

Especially when Obama and the left think just because on evil person got what he deserved all problems disappear...their fallacy is that they refuse to admit EVIL exists, and there are a plethora of evil people chomping at the bit to take bin-Laden's place.

In that regard? They remain Pollyannish in their world view.

and he just realeased 5 of the most evil so they can continue their jihad on the USA.

Impeachment is the only answer.

His intention is to empty GTMO, and then tell Congress after it's empty there's NO reason for it to remain open.

Exactly, and instead of allowing the CIA to do a double tap on the guy they caught who was responsible for Benghazi, they bring him back to the US for a lenghty expensive show trial where he will be allowed to preach islamic doctrine and denigrate the USA. He will be a spokesman for obama, because they share those beliefs.

I believe it was General Patreaus who said, "Even if we went into Iraq in a messy way, that is no excuse for leaving it in the same manner."

There was a decent plan to hold onto a fragile stability in Iraq and to withdraw over a period of time that would have reduced the likelihood of this current mess. But that too, is moot now and a done deal.

Best that we just wash our hands of it and let the leftists open another chapter in their 'hate America' meme.....Even if we were to go back in now, there will be no will to win, so why bother.

right, declare defeat as we did in viet nam and allow those american kids to have died for nothing. will we never learn?

The sight of those Obama backed ISIS motherfuckers driving US Equipment...

BqHVaIVIIAALjzw.jpg:large

#AQThanksBarackObama

right, declare defeat as we did in viet nam and allow those american kids to have died for nothing. will we never learn?
They have already died for nothing, and until or unless we find a way to actually muster up the will to win, the only thing we'll be doing is getting more killed for no real purpose.

I don't like sending patriots to die knowing full well that the leadership has no desire to win.

and he just realeased 5 of the most evil so they can continue their jihad on the USA.

Impeachment is the only answer.

His intention is to empty GTMO, and then tell Congress after it's empty there's NO reason for it to remain open.

Exactly, and instead of allowing the CIA to do a double tap on the guy they caught who was responsible for Benghazi, they bring him back to the US for a lenghty expensive show trial where he will be allowed to preach islamic doctrine and denigrate the USA. He will be a spokesman for obama, because they share those beliefs.
Indeed, another campaign promise kept, albeit late since he can't run again and could give a shit of the ramifications. THAT is for his successor to deal with.

Last edited:
The sight of those Obama backed ISIS motherfuckers driving US Equipment...

BqHVaIVIIAALjzw.jpg:large

#AQThanksBarackObama

Frank, this is what happens when we invade other countries. They end up getting our shit. We make enemies that later we'll have to support somehow. We pour good money after bad. The list of unintended consequences of a massive invasion/occupation and attempted nation-building of a corrupt, backward 17th-century Middle East civilization is as long as my, um, arm.

Last edited:

Reading deficiency there ZOINK? (And you don't know the history of the situation). I never said that asswipe. The aircraft are in EGYPT you schmuck, Try the weapons given to the radicals against ASSAD...they are the very same weapons AND people.

DO try to keep up ZOINK.

SCHMUCK :eusa_hand:

Obama halted sales of F-16's to Egypt as soon as the government changed in Egypt.
Maybe you have a better or more recent source than Defense Industry Daily?
Here is there recent status on F-16 to Egypt report. Also an explanation of the model, which differs in missile capabilities than the model we use even when and if the sales ever go through.

Egypt: More F-16s on Hold

What a stupid fucking statement. If we hadn't of had a stupid right wing President intent on invading a country that didn't attack us, then we wouldn't be in this stupid fucking position. You are full of shit dude.

And the reason we lost so many lives. Try having soldiers ride around in un armored Humvees waiting to be blown up. That'll get em killed or maimed. Now who did that?

Agreed....we shouldn't have been there.
Every president inherits bunk from the prior president and they deal with it.
Obama doesn't do well dealing with it, he wasn't ready for the position that he found himself in. He has a weak foreign policy and it's been shown over and over.

But, on a positive note for Obama, he has his golfing handicap down to 17. :clap2:

Obama has been very patient in his foreign policy and has ignored the taunts from the right demanding a military response

Obama has also been insistent that our allies take a stronger role in regional crisis

It is a welcome change from the saber rattling and nation building of his predecessor

That's what you call it now...."patient" Got it.

Obama creates a red line for Syria, Syria crosses that red line and what does Obama do? He becomes "patient". Nobody forced Obama to say what he did...but he did it anyways....and then???? Weak foreign policy.
Obama gives dates for the enemy on when we're leaving the country....absolutely fucking brilliant. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
On and on and on......

I get it leftwinger.....you back Obama no matter what he does....you're just one of his good little goons.

Anyone know?

I hear that they're not happy with our "no boots on the ground" policy but what is the alternative...more blood spilled for Tikrit, Fallujah, Basra, etc...?

Are any of those places worth more American deaths because there will be deaths involved if we go in. I don't think so.

I suppose, by the actions of most professional pols in the GOP, that the one thing that want to occupy is the White House; of course they also want to have a larger majority of activist conservatives on the Supreme Court and to win enough seats in The Congress to fulfill their ultimate goal of transforming our democratic republic in an Oligarchy.

They are more than half-way there, soon enough the 1% will control everything, what you eat, drink and think. Welcome to 1984.

Anyone know?

I hear that they're not happy with our "no boots on the ground" policy but what is the alternative...more blood spilled for Tikrit, Fallujah, Basra, etc...?

Are any of those places worth more American deaths because there will be deaths involved if we go in. I don't think so.

I suppose, by the actions of most professional pols in the GOP, that the one thing that want to occupy is the White House; of course they also want to have a larger majority of activist conservatives on the Supreme Court and to win enough seats in The Congress to fulfill their ultimate goal of transforming our democratic republic in an Oligarchy.

They are more than half-way there, soon enough the 1% will control everything, what you eat, drink and think. Welcome to 1984.

Freddo suddenly realizes that the government and not Apple or Microsoft, is controlling his activities, but he can't put it into words, so it comes out "Oligarchy"

What does any of that have to do with Obama's Plan for Iraq?

Forum List

Back