Donald Trump Can't Name A Single Verse From His Favorite Book - The Bible

It's not complicated. Someone told him he had no chance if he didn't say the Bible was his favorite book. They didn't say he actually had to know anything about it.

Fun watching Trump turn liberals into bible thumpers, ain't it? :slap:

I heard that if a Progressive tries to hold a Bible it will burn their hands

Is that what you "heard" Frankie? How clever. Just more pointless insults Frankie? Thanks for doing your part in helping destroy American politics.

I missed that bit, I've only seen them laughing at Trump's obvious lies. Though the interviewers were more polite, they just raised their eyebrows.

the desperation is strong...they remember all their snark and insults for the past 7 years and fear a backlash.

Yes. You miss a lot.
Yeah, true, I've certainly missed the liberals thumping the bible because of Trump, neither have you pointed them out.

But perhaps Trump's greatest achievement will be reinforcing bible thumping in Republican politics by demonstrating its necessity.

Wow, that seems odd.

It didn't seem odd to me, he didn't want to get into it. Why? What does it have to do with being president? How many times did reporters ask Obama to quote his favorite verse from the Bible? He claimed he was Christian, we knew about his preacher... seems like a valid question. Obama was good at misquoting the Bible, as I recall. Then he attributed a Bible verse to MLK.

And what was the point? So they could catch Trump maybe misquoting the verse? Picking it apart to analyze whether it was from the King James version or New Life version? Or maybe a thought-provoking discussion between analyzing pinheads over why Trump chose THAT particular verse above all others? What does that SAY about him? What could that REALLY mean? Well this one wacko group thinks that verse means this... wonder if Trump also subscribes to that belief?

Nahh.. not important enough for Trump to exploit to his advantage at this time.

After proclaiming many times on the campaign trail that The Bible is his favorite book, Donald Trump was at a loss to cite one favorite verse, saying it was "too personal" to share.

The Randy Report: Donald Trump Can't Name A Single Verse From His Favorite Book - The Bible

Wow, that seems odd.

Nothing odd about it. I don't know to many people, unless they are religious fanatics, who can quote the bible with any accuracy.

Another lamo thread brought to too you by ShittingBull the partisan hack.

After proclaiming many times on the campaign trail that The Bible is his favorite book, Donald Trump was at a loss to cite one favorite verse, saying it was "too personal" to share.

The Randy Report: Donald Trump Can't Name A Single Verse From His Favorite Book - The Bible

Wow, that seems odd.

Nothing odd about it. I don't know to many people, unless they are religious fanatics, who can quote the bible with any accuracy.

wtf? unless the damn baptist have changed there are a lot of people who got a lot of badges or medals for memorizing bible verses...hell i am not a christian and can quote the bible....he couldnt just say 'jesus wept' who doesnt know that verse or john 3:16 .....all you gotta do is watch a football game for that one...

Wow, that seems odd.

wtf? unless the damn baptist have changed there are a lot of people who got a lot of badges or medals for memorizing bible verses...hell i am not a christian and can quote the bible....he couldnt just say 'jesus wept' who doesnt know that verse or john 3:16 .....all you gotta do is watch a football game for that one...

You know verses but millions don't.

Anyone who expects anyone to recite the bible is rowing without a paddle.

there is a lot of rote memory out there......in the south especially but this has ignited a fuss here....hubby agrees that most cant do it..that i have a real warped view of religion and think everyone can do this cause i can lol....he is the son of a minister...he can do it....he says that mostly it is people can quote the verses but are unable to relate them to their lives....thanks there he wont go to work for a while and i will listen to this till then....

i will end up quoting matthew and somewhere during this ....he will ask me if i know i am going to hell....

but in the south even the drunk laying in the gutter can hold up his head and yell....jesus wept...

Well, it is his favourite book. Even if I couldn't quote passages from a favourite book I could say which bits of it caught my attention or which bits I liked most.

I couldn't do that only to books I didn't like or had barely read. Books like, I must admit, the bible.

You'd have thought he'd have learnt from Palin's excruciating 'gotcha'.

Last edited:
We're not actually pretending that the Bible really is his favorite book, are we?

Forum List

Back