End career politicians

Nov 15, 2021
Isn't it time that term limits be placed on the members of both the House and the Senate. The President has one already. One term for the Senators (that's 7 years) and 2 terms for the Congressmen (that's a 4 year total). This would from one election and stop all the time off to get re-elected. Now now here's the kicker. Once the term ends they can not hold another elected office for ten years or work for one. We might actually get more work out of them with less junkets, time off to get re-elected and lobbying by all the action groups. It's what need's to be done, but it has to be imposed on the officials making the laws. Not so easy to do.

Isn't it time that term limits be placed on the members of both the House and the Senate. The President has one already. One term for the Senators (that's 7 years) and 2 terms for the Congressmen (that's a 4 year total). This would from one election and stop all the time off to get re-elected. Now now here's the kicker. Once the term ends they can not hold another elected office for ten years or work for one. We might actually get more work out of them with less junkets, time off to get re-elected and lobbying by all the action groups. It's what need's to be done, but it has to be imposed on the officials making the laws. Not so easy to do.

The problem with term limits is that they're set in the Constitution. Changing them would involve a Constitutional Convention during which, the left would demand revocation of the Second Amendment, and the addition of an Amendment requiring every man to wear a dress on Thursdays.

Yep! And only one (1) party is serious about this.

#ForwardParty

Forward Comrades! :laughing0301:

1637018087500.png

The problem with term limits is that they're set in the Constitution. Changing them would involve a Constitutional Convention during which, the left would demand revocation of the Second Amendment, and the addition of an Amendment requiring every man to wear a dress on Thursdays.
Not if the states held a convention.

It has never been done, but is the ONLY way to legally correct the problem.

I give it a 0,000000000000001% chance of happening, but it is better than nothing.

So far, about 15 states have joined and need a 2/3 majority for it to happen.

I have no idea why everyone is so down on the democrat party cuz it's the only one we need.

What a bunch of women hating, xenophobic, homophobic, hairy Biden legs hating group of racists.

I'm good with that. Let's do it.

I like this forward party idea.
It occurred to me recently that I'm becoming a one-issue voter for the first time in my life.

If we don't change the system under which these people operate, nothing else can be effectively addressed, nothing improves. Caveman slap fights, back and forth, for the duration.

The Forward Party is the only one committed to doing that. Any other issues are secondary.

It occurred to me recently that I'm becoming a one-issue voter for the first time in my life.

If we don't change the system under which these people operate, nothing else can be effectively addressed, nothing improves. Caveman slap fights, back and forth, for the duration.

The Forward Party is the only one committed to doing that. Any other issues are secondary.
So we put Rosenbaum in a room with your family and kids for a week with supplies and Rittenhouse the same with a Repub family and kids.

You do not understand that. And that is the problem. I grew up in a working class neighborhood that people looked out after each other to degree even if they had disagreements and maybe did not like each other. There were a lot of them up to the mid 1970's. But then they reduced. That is what I am coming from. Today a neighbor will get into a fight and worse with another over a campaign sticker. We are weaker. We have the inner city mentality in a lot of ways. Which is an offshoot of the Village. The Village which Hillary told us about. But we know Hillary is not of the Village. And that is the problem and why we are in decline. for she is representative of what the Founding Fathers did not want and warned us about. But their time period is used against them by the elites and globalists.

You do not understand that. And that is the problem. I grew up in a working class neighborhood that people looked out after each other to degree even if they had disagreements and maybe did not like each other. There were a lot of them up to the mid 1970's. But then they reduced. That is what I am coming from. Today a neighbor will get into a fight and worse with another over a campaign sticker. We are weaker. We have the inner city mentality in a lot of ways. Which is an offshoot of the Village. The Village which Hillary told us about. But we know Hillary is not of the Village. And that is the problem and why we are in decline. for she is representative of what the Founding Fathers did not want and warned us about. But their time period is used against them by the elites and globalists.
You really like to go off the rails. By miles.

None of this has anything to do with my post.

We wouldn't need term limits if the politicians were not allowed to redraw their districts.
Politicians are choosing their voters. (Gerrymandering)

Here is the problem. The ones that can decide to impose term limits are the ones who are career politicians, or they are friends of other politicians. So the likelihood of that happening is slim to nill because every party wants to keep their people in there as long as possible.

It's just part of the game is all it is

I grew up in a working class neighborhood that people looked out after each other to degree even if they had disagreements and maybe did not like each other. There were a lot of them up to the mid 1970's. But then they reduced.

Two things that killed the neighborhood where people knew each other well enough to do that....Air Conditioners and Automatic garage door openers.

Forum List

Back