Escaping Christianity

it is you who have abandoned the path to the Everlasting by a belief in a false messiah imaged through a book of selfserving forgeries, the christian bible.
Really? I am sure you have in your own wretched mind that what you twist around and say is true. Just exactly what sort of "path to the Everlasting" do you think that there is? I mean I would maybe even entertain reading something you have other than that same old shit you post time and time again but you haven't shown me anything other than your discontent for people believing in a Holy Spirit that guides them and confirms what they have experienced or have seen with a Book and many other writings that were written for that purpose of edifying the Holy Spirit in them. If you have something show it. Otherwise piss off as I am unwilling to waste my time reading your crap.

Charlie Hebdo Revisited

'In Nietzsche and Philosophy, Deleuze wrote that the atheism secreted by Christianity is that of a bad conscience and (ressentiment [italics]) (NP, p. 154). In his later works, however, he came to see this secretion as potentially more positive. In his book on the painter Francis Bacon, for example, he suggested that "Christianity contains a germ of (tranquil atheism [it.]) that will (nurture [it.]) painting."
In his 1980 lectures on Spinoza, he insisted that "atheism has never been external to religion: atheism is the artistic power at work on religion." Deleuze argued that when Renaissance painters began to take seriously the claim that God could not be represented, they felt freed to portray figures, even and especially the Figure of Christ, in a plurality of strange and creative ways. He suggests that, in a similar way, the struggle with the idea of "God" in philosophy provided it with an irreplaceable opportunity to free concepts from the constraints of "representation." This suggests that it is precisely here, in the process of revealing the failure of theistic attempts to represent the infinite that the aesthetic power and philosophical productivity of atheism can begin to flow.'
(Shults, Iconoclastic Theology: Gilles Deleuze and the Secretion of Atheism, pp. 19-20)

You're all over the place.

Let me clarify.

A god may exist but I do not believe the God of the Bible exists.

I love the Bible, Christianity and Christians.

I currently attend church regularly and teach Bible at a private Christian school.

I plan to resign at the end of this school year.

A year after that I plan to leave all elements of Christianity.

The rest is unnecessary discussion.

It is understandable that you are a little ill at ease in risking your entire social network. However, I have changed mine every 2 or 3 years all my life due to my career, and I discovered that every door I opened was another rich adventure. I think that you will be pleasantly surprised.

'The anthropomorphically (promiscuous [italics]) are always on the lookout, jumping at every opportunity to postulate such agents as causal explanations - even - or especially - when these interpretations must appeal to disembodied intentionality, i.e., "supernatural agency"....the interpretation of ambiguous phenomena increasingly defaulted to "intentional force," default tendencies produced by the integration of evolved theogonic forces, they appeal to supernatural agents that care about the survival and flourishing of "our" in-group.'
(Shults, op cit)

In #310, eternal separation from god is an easy concept to understand outside of the fear-mongering that attempts to establish its power, when one studies aspects of time. The usual cop-out is that god exists outside of time. That claim is an impossibility.

I was raised in church, married a Christian, raised my kids in church and currently teach Bible at a Christian school. At the end of this school year (May 2020) I plan to resign as a teacher and stop attending church for one full year. At the end of that year I plan to have my name removed from the church role and afterwards make my atheism public. I love the philosphy, ethics and the culture surrounding Christianity. I just can't live a lie any more. It just can't be healthy. This invisible and silent God dude offers me nothing. I love the Bible and learn a lot from it but the God dude in that book either doesn't exist or has no interest in me. Church attendance is more burdensome than it used to be. I learn more from the Bible studying independently. Kindergarten might be fun for a 6 year old but is painfully boring to a 40 year old.

Any questions? I have lots more to say but I already feel like the post was too long.
I applaud your courage in being HONEST about your perceptions and belief(s).
You may lose some hard-core believers (not your wife, hopefully), but you should also be able to make new, open-minded friends.

My advice is to call yourself an agnostic, since you probably don’t know anything substantial about these religious supernatural claims.

I was raised in church, married a Christian, raised my kids in church and currently teach Bible at a Christian school. At the end of this school year (May 2020) I plan to resign as a teacher and stop attending church for one full year. At the end of that year I plan to have my name removed from the church role and afterwards make my atheism public. I love the philosphy, ethics and the culture surrounding Christianity. I just can't live a lie any more. It just can't be healthy. This invisible and silent God dude offers me nothing. I love the Bible and learn a lot from it but the God dude in that book either doesn't exist or has no interest in me. Church attendance is more burdensome than it used to be. I learn more from the Bible studying independently. Kindergarten might be fun for a 6 year old but is painfully boring to a 40 year old.

Any questions? I have lots more to say but I already feel like the post was too long.
You may lose some hard-core believers (not your wife, hopefully), but you should also be able to make new, open-minded friends.

My advice is to call yourself an agnostic, since you probably don’t know anything substantial about these religious supernatural claims.

I am not too fond of the term agnostic. It is just an atheist that is tiptoeing.

I have alreary spent seven years tiptoeing. I skip the dishonest agnostic phase. I just had an extended dishonest Christian phase.

I am not too fond of the term agnostic. It is just an atheist that is tiptoeing.

I have alreary spent seven years tiptoeing. I skip the dishonest agnostic phase. I just had an extended dishonest Christian phase.
Au contraire! An agnostic is HONEST about NOT KNOWING, but often disbelieves claims made in specific religious books, and may be atheistic toward those teachings.

I am both an agnostic (about the god concept), but an atheist regarding all religious claims I have come across so far.

Au contraire! An agnostic is HONEST about NOT KNOWING, but often disbelieves claims made in specific religious books, and may be atheistic toward those teachings.

I am both an agnostic (about the god concept), but an atheist regarding all religious claims I have come across so far.

Every human being in existence is an agnostic.

it is you who have abandoned the path to the Everlasting by a belief in a false messiah imaged through a book of selfserving forgeries, the christian bible.
Really? I am sure you have in your own wretched mind that what you twist around and say is true. Just exactly what sort of "path to the Everlasting" do you think that there is? I mean I would maybe even entertain reading something you have other than that same old shit you post time and time again but you haven't shown me anything other than your discontent for people believing in a Holy Spirit that guides them and confirms what they have experienced or have seen with a Book and many other writings that were written for that purpose of edifying the Holy Spirit in them. If you have something show it. Otherwise piss off as I am unwilling to waste my time reading your crap.
Just exactly what sort of "path to the Everlasting" do you think that there is?

the religion of antiquity as prescribed by the Almighty - the triumph of good vs evil - the religion abandoned by all three desert religions.

Atheism is the belief there is no god. Theism is the belief there is a god. Agnostic is the belief that you can avoid all discussions on the subject.

Not the humans who believe in what they don’t perceive.

Atheism is the belief there is no god. Theism is the belief there is a god. Agnostic is the belief that you can avoid all discussions on the subject.
Theism is a belief in someone’s conception of a “god”. An a-theist holds NO BELIEF in that conception/religion.
An agnostic is simply HONEST ABOUT NOT KNOWING made-up crap.

not so -

spoken, visual religions are not that simple ...

upload_2019-8-24_23-2-48.jpeg

other species seem far in advance.

Theism is a belief in someone’s conception of a “god”. An a-theist holds NO BELIEF in that conception/religion.
Theism is a belief in someone’s conception of a “god”.

a belief in the metaphysical, from whence life began ...

Theism is a belief in someone’s conception of a “god”.

a belief in the metaphysical, from whence life began ...
No one knows “whence life began”.
Maybe a comet provided organic material to seed the Earth! Who knows??

Seriously? I have been aggressive at times due to stupidity on your part.
I love it when people blame other people for their actions. I made you do it. Too funny. Thanks for transferring your control to me. I now have all the power to make you do things. External locus of control much?

But I've always walked the walk.
How can you? You can’t even control yourself. I control you. You just admitted it. For my next trick I’m going to spin you like a top. No. You don’t walk your talk. You just talk.

I don't think you have. I think you're a fake Christian. You don't follow the ideals of Jesus. And though I don't believe he's the son of God, I do follow his ideals.
I never claimed to be a saint. That’s your claim. But we just established you’re the aggressor so we know that’s bullshit. Or don’t you remember, I made you do it.

Of course I’m not successful at following Jesus. No one is. We try. Then fail. Then learn from it and try again.

Why would you follow the ideals of Jesus. He claimed he was God. Only a madman would do that, right? So you follow the ideals of someone you believe is a madman? Or is that me making you do shit again?

You follow the religion, which is where we part.
How so? I don’t even go to church. We were never together. I don’t attack your atheism. I attack your militantism. I couldn’t care less if you believe in God.
You're such a liar. You promote Christianity, yes? Constantly! You allow everything that has happened! And in case you don't know... https://www.history.com/topics/religion/inquisition

Your current religion is based on the fact that your ancestors murdered everyone. Your religion became default, or otherwise face death...

And you can call me Roy all you want. Sounds racist to me. I've been around a long time more than you.

But go ahead, and continue spewing your lies and evil shit. Yes, it is evil. You're not going to heaven believing what you believe. But, there's no heaven anyway, so you have nothing to lose. You're just gonna waste your life arguing an evil Santa Claus.

Last edited:
Or... you can learn. And live life in peace and harmony. And not judge others and try to take stuff from them, just because they believe differently.

We can have a society where everyone has their own personal values and faiths. And we can all help each other. And contribute to society.

Instead of destroying societies because of evil Santa Claus.

Last edited:

You can be non-Christian without being an atheist. Try reading about Theism or Hinduism-there may be a spark of divinity set off in you.

Forum List

Back