Faith:

With the possible exception of the whole truth thingy.

The truth is that our knowledge ends at death and everything after that point is imaginative speculation, or reliance on the imaginative speculation of another Monkey with a pen.

Here's the thing...it sure seems that a lot of people who call themselves Christians are not very nice people. They're judgmental. They are unforgiving. They are hypocritical.

I am a person who struggles with my faith and these Christians make it all the harder. They do not reflect the glory of God, that is for damn sure.

And I don't think God would be too happy with that. Just my opinion, not trying to speak for God...like so many Christians like to do.

Don't get me wrong, if I had to label myself, I would call myself a Christian. Actually, I'm a Catholic christian, so I'm accustomed to a lot of other "Christians" bashing my church. A church whose teachings can all be summed up in one question..."What would Jesus do?" That is the bottom line of the Catholic church. What would Jesus do?

I kind of go along with what Ghandi allegedly said..."I like your Christ but I don't like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ." I think that pretty much sums it up for about 95% of Christians.

I guess that's what the scripture means...small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

What that means is most Christians are going to Hell.

And you would not be alone in this.........however it is a mistake to judge God, Christ, or the Holy Spirit and their precious love and the salvation offered based on the actions of mankind.......even professing Christians........I would disagree with your 95% speculation, but it may not be that far off.........What is important to remember is that professing Christians are not perfect, nor should they be expected to be........we are commanded to "strive to live Christ-like," and certainly we should. That does not mean we won't err from time to time, however it does mean that should we falter, we can ask for God's forgiveness of our failing(s), and He will do so for God does not see the sins of Christians because they are covered in the precious blood of Jesus Christ. When a Christian stumbles, God only sees the blood, not the sin..........Now that is CERTAINLY NOT an excuse to just do whatever one wants and expect salvation regardless of one's actions, for we are all personally responsible to atone for our stumbles........

Don't look to Christians to be an "anchor" of your faith, rather look to Christ. He is the "anchor that holds fast." God will never fail you. Christ will never fail you, and the Holy Spirit will never fail you, even when you fail them.

God bless and keep the faith.........

Here's the thing...it sure seems that a lot of people who call themselves Christians are not very nice people. They're judgmental. They are unforgiving. They are hypocritical.

I am a person who struggles with my faith and these Christians make it all the harder. They do not reflect the glory of God, that is for damn sure.

And I don't think God would be too happy with that. Just my opinion, not trying to speak for God...like so many Christians like to do.

Don't get me wrong, if I had to label myself, I would call myself a Christian. Actually, I'm a Catholic christian, so I'm accustomed to a lot of other "Christians" bashing my church. A church whose teachings can all be summed up in one question..."What would Jesus do?" That is the bottom line of the Catholic church. What would Jesus do?

I kind of go along with what Ghandi allegedly said..."I like your Christ but I don't like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ." I think that pretty much sums it up for about 95% of Christians.

I guess that's what the scripture means...small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

No Koos, that's not what it means.

I wish I could argue the fact that Christians act just like everybody else, but I can't. There should be a palpable difference, if we lived by the book, but few of us do. I can't imagine how disappointed that makes God. Ghandhi hit it right on the head.

Nevertheless, do not allow that to shake your confidence in Jesus, the Christ, or your Father. Keep your eyes on Christ, for an example of a Christian, and you won't ever be let down.

Being married to a Catholic and 90% of my friends being Catholic, I left a church for Catholic bashing, and their youth group followed me out the door.
I wouldn't trade a Catholic for any one of the pious pharisees running that church.
Before I left, I pointed out that the babbling that they/ Pentecostals do is manufactured from the mistaken belief that the fiery tongues that the disciples received in the upper room referred to the Holy Spirit speaking in tongues that David did. It does not. It refers to different languages/dialect.

Steer clear of the religious dogma that cripples every church we have now.

What that verse you quoted means is, that while the gift of having your sins forgiven (the requirement for entrance into a sin free zone, Heaven), is free and available to all, few will take that road.
But make no mistake, those that do accept it, are sin free and headed upward. Not on our own merit, but because Christ is perfect and left nothing you have or will do unpaid for.

With the possible exception of the whole truth thingy.

The truth is that our knowledge ends at death and everything after that point is imaginative speculation, or reliance on the imaginative speculation of another Monkey with a pen.

So, basically, you believe that a person lives, dies, and that's the gist of it?

What a truly sad thing...........and if you actually believe that why in the world are you still alive? What's the point? I mean, given all the trials and tribulations this world has to offer, what is the point of continuing on? If there is "nothing else," why bother? Seems like those who believe as you are only engaging in an exercise in futility does it not?

Sad, truly sad.......I hope you don't have children, or, if you do, I hope you have not taught them your philosophy of life............talk about child abuse........

No Koos, that's not what it means.

I wish I could argue the fact that Christians act just like everybody else, but I can't. There should be a palpable difference, if we lived by the book, but few of us do. I can't imagine how disappointed that makes God. Ghandhi hit it right on the head.

Nevertheless, do not allow that to shake your confidence in Jesus, the Christ, or your Father. Keep your eyes on Christ, for an example of a Christian, and you won't ever be let down.

Being married to a Catholic and 90% of my friends being Catholic, I left a church for Catholic bashing, and their youth group followed me out the door.
I wouldn't trade a Catholic for any one of the pious pharisees running that church.

1) Jews don't associate with churches

2) at least Jews worship the actual G-D.

A lot of people have been killed because of their beliefs. Christians are the most persecuted people on earth, but few go out with the flair that this guy had.

You sure about that?

WELL, LET US CONSIDER THIS QUESTION.....

The Persecution of Christians Today - Resources - Eternal Perspective Ministries

(excerpt from article)

Persecution of Christians Today

By Johan Candelin

Let me start by saying that many people find it very surprising, even unbelievable, that in today’s world the largest group of people being persecuted for their faith are Christians. This seems all the more unusual because Christianity is the world’s largest religion.

I am fully aware that other religions, whether Buddhist, Hindu, Muslim or others also suffer in various contexts, and we shall address these situations in subsequent articles. However, for the present we will focus on Christians, due to the urgency of the situation.

Incredibly, more than 200 million people in over 60 nations are being denied their basic human rights for one reason only: they are Christians. The main reason Christians are being persecuted today is the simple fact that Christianity is growing fastest in countries where human rights are being violated or do not exist.

One of my tasks as director of the Religious Liberty Commission is to represent these Christians—both Catholic and Protestant—at the United Nations Commission for Human Rights in Geneva, as well as in other contexts.

I would therefore like to give a brief analysis of the global situation regarding persecution of Christians. This analysis is based on reports from 114 countries and personal visits to many countries where Christian people suffer.

Hmmmmmm.............seems Ram has a point does it not?

https://www.bensalemoutreach.org/weekly_detail.php?id=305

Above is the story of Rabbi Akiva.

He defied the Romans by continuing to teach the Torah.

He was captured and tortured with his skin flayed.

Before he died he said the most important prayer in Judaism.

Also he was smiling.

When asked why he said it was because he never was certain how he would react in torture.

He didn't ask why have you forsaken me, but rather proclaimed G-d's greatness.

A lot of people have been killed because of their beliefs. Christians are the most persecuted people on earth, but few go out with the flair that this guy had.

You sure about that?

The Persecution of Christians Today - Resources - Eternal Perspective Ministries

(excerpt from article)

By Johan Candelin

Let me start by saying that many people find it very surprising, even unbelievable, that in today’s world the largest group of people being persecuted for their faith are Christians. This seems all the more unusual because Christianity is the world’s largest religion.

I am fully aware that other religions, whether Buddhist, Hindu, Muslim or others also suffer in various contexts, and we shall address these situations in subsequent articles. However, for the present we will focus on Christians, due to the urgency of the situation.

Incredibly, more than 200 million people in over 60 nations are being denied their basic human rights for one reason only: they are Christians. The main reason Christians are being persecuted today is the simple fact that Christianity is growing fastest in countries where human rights are being violated or do not exist.

One of my tasks as director of the Religious Liberty Commission is to represent these Christians—both Catholic and Protestant—at the United Nations Commission for Human Rights in Geneva, as well as in other contexts.

I would therefore like to give a brief analysis of the global situation regarding persecution of Christians. This analysis is based on reports from 114 countries and personal visits to many countries where Christian people suffer.

No

You sure about that?

(excerpt from article)

By Johan Candelin

No

Oh well............to everyone but you I suppose.......and, hey, you certainly have the right to your opinion..........as erroneous as it may be.......

You sure about that?

(excerpt from article)

By Johan Candelin

I've been a member of Voice of Martyrs for almost 15 years now and get their monthly reports. I know Tom White. It is true that Christians are the most persecuted in the world today - the manner of how they are killed is so graphic it - it would horrify even a hardened individual. While millions of Christians have been murdered due to Islam or Communists ( one or the other ) we need to keep in mind that whereas there are over 2 billion Christians in the world the population of the Jewish people is tiny. Very tiny. I'm not sure of the exact number but that should be taken into consideration. Because the Jews are indeed a very persecuted people. Much of that comes from the slander they have endured at the hands of the Catholics - even Martin Luther was an anti semite - the history of persecution of Jews by RCC early on was quite intense. Today it is Islam & Communists attacking them. So I did want to add that in.

There are many wonderful catholic people but I definitely have a problem with the false doctrines and certain catholics who in their arrogance claim the RCC to be the only true church whereas I count is as one of the only false churches among all the rest. So there's that. Also now that the pope has said that an an atheist can go to heaven without salvation so long as he does good works - it is a sure thing - that is not christianity.

Jesus said, Blessed is he who is not offended in me. The truth is going to offend folks. There is no way around that. It will offend but the person offended has a choice to search out John 7:17 and find the truth for themselves. Then they are not offended anymore. The truth sets people free. Doctrines of men keep people in captivity and that is wrong.

Last edited:

(excerpt from article)

By Johan Candelin

No

Oh well............to everyone but you I suppose.......and, hey, you certainly have the right to your opinion..........as erroneous as it may be.......

As do you.

Romans 3:27) Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? Nay; but by the law of faith. 28) Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Romans 4:13) For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith. 14) For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:……………………….20) He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; 21) And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able to perform. 22) And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness. 23) Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; 24) But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; 25) Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Romans 5:1) Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ; 2) By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Romans 9:31) But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. 32) Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at the stumblingstone;

Romans 10:4) For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth……………………..9) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved……………..13) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14) How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Romans 11:6) And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Galatians2:16) Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Colossians 2:6) As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him; 7) Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 8) Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

I think it was Leonard Ravenhill that said when you are fully rejected by man you will be fully pleasing and acceptable to God. In that maxim I believe he was trying to convey the point that the world should be hating you. If you are well liked by the world something is very wrong.

The bible points out that the world loves its own but it rejects Christ and will reject you too. Interesting to note that for years I have encountered two types of unbelievers. The one group is curious, stand on the right side of things usually because they have that sense of right and wrong and prefer justice to injustice - the other group is adamantly vicious in their hatred and rejection of anything Christian and you won't see them talking to Christians because that hatred runs deep. It is amazing to me as I can see Gods hand on their lives ( the ones who are friendly and not haters ) so clearly even though they cannot see it. The other group I'm astonished they can be so blind but I realize they are hating Jesus, not me personally.

Jesus was really revealing something important when He taught us that those who hate us, hate Him and those who accept us and our message are the ones who love him. It is really so simple. I come from an extemely large Roman Catholic Family and I have never met a family who hates born again christians more than they do. They are all democrats.

It is astonishing the hatred they feel for evangelicals. They have learned to tolerate me but but they continue to hate Jesus and do not want the name of Jesus mentioned in their homes. My own immediate family are all saved now and have left the RCC church. It's been quite a journey. - Jeri

Last edited:
I think it was Leonard Ravenhill that said when you are fully rejected by man you will be fully pleasing and acceptable to God. In that maxim I believe he was trying to convey the point that the world should be hating you. If you are well liked by the world something is very wrong.

The bible points out that the world loves its own but it rejects Christ and will reject you too. Interesting to note that for years I have encountered two types of unbelievers. The one group is curious, stand on the right side of things usually because they have that sense of right and wrong and prefer justice to injustice - the other group is adamantly vicious in their hatred and rejection of anything Christian and you won't see them talking to Christians because that hatred runs deep. It is amazing to me as I can see Gods hand on their lives ( the ones who are friendly and not haters ) so clearly even though they cannot see it. The other group I'm astonished they can be so blind but I realize they are hating Jesus, not me personally.

Jesus was really revealing something important when He taught us that those who hate us, hate Him and those who accept us and our message are the ones who love him. It is really so simple. I come from an extemely large Roman Catholic Family and I have never met a family who hates born again christians more than they do. They are all democrats.

It is astonishing the hatred they feel for evangelicals. They have learned to tolerate me but but they continue to hate Jesus and do not want the name of Jesus mentioned in their homes. My own immediate family are all saved now and have left the RCC church. It's been quite a journey. - Jeri

I think it was Leonard Ravenhill that said when you are fully rejected by man you will be fully pleasing and acceptable to God.

I'm sure Charlie Manson and OJ Simpson will take comfort in those words... :lol:

Romans 3:27) Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? Nay; but by the law of faith. 28) Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Romans 4:13) For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith. 14) For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:……………………….20) He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; 21) And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able to perform. 22) And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness. 23) Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; 24) But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; 25) Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Romans 5:1) Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ; 2) By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Romans 9:31) But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. 32) Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at the stumblingstone;

Romans 10:4) For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth……………………..9) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved……………..13) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14) How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Romans 11:6) And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Galatians2:16) Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Colossians 2:6) As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him; 7) Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 8) Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

I have a story about leading a Catholic to salvation I'd like to share. He was a friend of my brothers. My husband had to have surgery and I had gone to stay at hospital as I always sleep in the chair next to bed and do not leave until check out day. (quite a few surgeries) So my brother called to check on surgery update and told me Andy is in hospital dying of bowel cancer. It happened very suddenly. He was going fast. I asked for phone no. at hospital down there and he gave me his cell no. and said call that instead.

I called Andy and shared the gospel with him. He told me he was a Catholic. I told him it is not about your own goodness, your own abilities, your own works. You cannot enter the kingdom of heaven unless you are born again.

I told him you are going to accept this gift of salvation by believing and confessing with your mouth - I believe Jesus shed blood does pardon my sins and I believe Jesus died on the cross, rose from the grave on the 3rd day and is seated at the right hand of the Father. I repent of my sins and ask Jesus to forgive my sins and accept me as His own. Andy understood this, accepted Jesus as his savior and we hung up.

That night as I was praying the Holy Spirit said to me Andy is not saved. I said what? How is that possible? He said the Sinners prayer and was very sincere! The Holy Spirit gave me one word - Unforgiveness. Somehow I knew it was his ex wife although I'd never met his ex wife - didn't know anything about his ex wife that was the impression the LORD left me with.

The next morning the nurses come in and tell me I have to leave room as they are going to put in pic line - that had to be redone - I said, that is fine, I'll go to lobby.

I took my cell phone down to lobby and called Andy back. He answered. I said, Andy? Remember when we prayed last night and you accepted Jesus Christ as your savior? He said, yes I said that isn't happening until we deal with the unforgiveness. I reminded him of the Lords Prayer where we pray Forgive US as WE forgive others....... I told him the Lord says you have unforgiveness towards someone. Is it your mother, an ex wife, a......... he said, EX-WIFE! THE WHORE! He then went into a very long story of all this woman had done and said, you have no idea! You never met her! She destroyed me!

I told him I can certainly understand having a hard time forgiving someone and that is why we need to sometimes say, Lord? I can't forgive them but I am willing to allow you to forgive them through me. Change my heart, Lord! That gives Him permission.

I asked him are you willing to do that? He said, SURE! The moment he said, SURE! I knew his salvation was sure. So we prayed God please forgive this woman through Andy. I was so excited, I said Oh! Praise God! You are now saved, Andy! It's done! You are saved and God is writing your name in the Lambs book of Life right now! He cried out, I know! I see his hand writing on a tablet of granite....it says Andrew...

Yes. God gave Andy a vision of His Hand writing his name in the Lambs Book of Life - on a tablet of granite. Talk about a beautiful salvation.

Andy died shortly after that but he told me he was healed that day and never felt more at peace with God. His joy was apparent to all who visited him. Interesting, the ex wife came to visit him a few days after he had become a Christian and he told her he forgave her. Isn't that beautiful? God is good. John 3:16. - Jeri

Last edited:

I think it was Leonard Ravenhill that said when you are fully rejected by man you will be fully pleasing and acceptable to God.

I'm sure Charlie Manson and OJ Simpson will take comfort in those words... :lol:

Wrong. The Bible clearly states that the Wicked despise the goodness of the Godly and the Godly despise the wickedness of the Wicked. It is in Proverbs. Look it up or are you wiser than Solomon now? - Jeri

Wrong. The Bible clearly states that the Wicked despise the goodness of the Godly and the Godly despise the wickedness of the Wicked. It is in Proverbs. Look it up or are you wiser than Solomon now? - Jeri

That is OT. Jesus taught you to love everyone, sinner and saved alike. Why do you cling to the hatred of the OT instead of embracing the teachings of Jesus to love others as you love yourself?

Forum List

Back