Faith:

That is a proverb of Solomon. The wisest man in all the earth - the wealthiest man who ever lived even to this very day. His Wisdom has been revealing Truth for many centuries. The Queen of Sheba traveled a very long way to sit at Solomons feet and hear him speak.

Today we have the bible and can listen to Solomons' Wisdom without leaving our living rooms. The book of Proverbs should be studied by all Christians. The Old Testament is very important. I have no idea where you'd get the idea it is irrelevant nor where you'd find it hateful to despise wicked behavior and speak out against evil for those who cannot. Your logic escapes me. - Jeri

I think it was Leonard Ravenhill that said when you are fully rejected by man you will be fully pleasing and acceptable to God.

I'm sure Charlie Manson and OJ Simpson will take comfort in those words... :lol:

Wrong. The Bible clearly states that the Wicked despise the goodness of the Godly and the Godly despise the wickedness of the Wicked. It is in Proverbs. Look it up or are you wiser than Solomon now? - Jeri

That is OT. Jesus taught you to love everyone, sinner and saved alike. Why do you cling to the hatred of the OT instead of embracing the teachings of Jesus to love others as you love yourself?

Calvary Love is not the same as the worlds love. The rebuke of a friend is better than the kisses of an enemy. One is genuine - the other is not.

So did Peter. Then he received the Holy Spirit, and was no longer weak in that area.

The Baptism of the Holy Spirit definitely means being endued with Power. It explains the scripture that says, Your fearlessness is a sign of your salvation and their fearfulness is a sign of their perdition. ( they are perishing ) One of the main elements of this mans story is his fearless spirit and it is the clear sign of his salvation.

It is something the unbeliever cannot understand - they say to themselves - this person must be insane that they have no fear of Muslims, or preaching the gospel to them, etc when they are threatened not to. Still the truth is it is impossible to feel fear when it isn't there. It isn't that the Christian is courageous of their own strength. Not at all. It is the power of the Holy Spirit. That very same power can slay people. So it is not something unbelievers should challenge.

It is a supernatural life and people who have not experienced it cannot explain it. That is all there is to it.

God, give me this amount of faith.

African Missionary 1980 (prior to being nailed to a wall and executed)

^
That is Holy Spirit power flying in the face of death, and the peace that surpasses understanding. I'm surprised that man even knew the word, mediocre.

The Holy Spirit is the power of God, and is portioned out, for free, as a gift from our Father. It is the strength that compensates our areas of weakness.
Go get some. :eusa_angel:

And how do you explain non-Christians who have been killed for their faiths? Is that still the Holy Spirit?

That is Communism or Islam. Not the Holy Spirit.

God, give me this amount of faith.

African Missionary 1980 (prior to being nailed to a wall and executed)

^
That is Holy Spirit power flying in the face of death, and the peace that surpasses understanding. I'm surprised that man even knew the word, mediocre.

The Holy Spirit is the power of God, and is portioned out, for free, as a gift from our Father. It is the strength that compensates our areas of weakness.
Go get some. :eusa_angel:

And how do you explain non-Christians who have been killed for their faiths? Is that still the Holy Spirit?

That is Communism or Islam. Not the Holy Spirit.

Muslims have just as much faith and comitment as you do...some might even say more...how many suicide christians have ya heard about? :lol:

WELL, LET US CONSIDER THIS QUESTION.....

The Persecution of Christians Today - Resources - Eternal Perspective Ministries

(excerpt from article)

Persecution of Christians Today

By Johan Candelin

Let me start by saying that many people find it very surprising, even unbelievable, that in today’s world the largest group of people being persecuted for their faith are Christians. This seems all the more unusual because Christianity is the world’s largest religion.

I am fully aware that other religions, whether Buddhist, Hindu, Muslim or others also suffer in various contexts, and we shall address these situations in subsequent articles. However, for the present we will focus on Christians, due to the urgency of the situation.

Incredibly, more than 200 million people in over 60 nations are being denied their basic human rights for one reason only: they are Christians. The main reason Christians are being persecuted today is the simple fact that Christianity is growing fastest in countries where human rights are being violated or do not exist.

One of my tasks as director of the Religious Liberty Commission is to represent these Christians—both Catholic and Protestant—at the United Nations Commission for Human Rights in Geneva, as well as in other contexts.

I would therefore like to give a brief analysis of the global situation regarding persecution of Christians. This analysis is based on reports from 114 countries and personal visits to many countries where Christian people suffer.

Hmmmmmm.............seems Ram has a point does it not?
No

Oh well............to everyone but you I suppose.......and, hey, you certainly have the right to your opinion..........as erroneous as it may be.......

I'd like to ask both of you your opinion about this:

Over 20 years ago when I was a single parent I took my child to a Burger King. We sat down across from an elderly man and woman who were very sweet. They were brother and sister. They overheard my child asking for another hamburger and I told him I didn't have the money to buy him another one. ( I was struggling at the time and not making much money )

The couple said, can we buy him a hamburger? I said, yes, thank you. So the man bought the hamburger for my son and I spoke with the woman and the conversation turned to God very quickly somehow and I said to her I believe you are Gods chosen people and very precious to Him. She said, Chosen for what? This? And put out her arm where she had been tattooed by the nazis. She was a holocaust survivor. We had talked about her feelings about G-d, my own feelings about G-d, I cannot recall all that was said accept that if felt as if heaven were sitting at the table too. I cannot describe that but there was something about this woman. She told me she did volunteer at the Jewish Center nearby.

When we parted ways, she had such a soft countenance and gentle smile, I looked into her eyes and I saw heaven in her eyes. It was white light but I knew I was seeing the Kingdom of heaven in her eyes. I have never forgotten it. I have only seen that one time prior in my lifetime that I can recall. Suzanne Hinn ( Benny Hinns wife ) introduced me to Rheinhart Bonke's wife in a bookstore at Benny's church. ( OCC ) I saw the same white light in her eyes that I saw in the Jewish womans eyes. It was a supernatural experience and to me the only way I can explain it is that the Jewish woman I met was sealed by God for redemption as was Mrs. Bonke and the LORD allowed me to see it.

Now how can that be explained? Meeting the Jewish woman who was the holocaust victim is one of the reasons I defend Israel, post about holocaust and feel a responsibility to my Jewish brethren. That chance meeting impacted my life and has given me a deeper understanding of the truth that God has never abandoned his people. I believe my meeting her was a divine appointment arranged by G-d.

-Jeri

p.s. Jesus said the Kingdom of Heaven is within you. The holocaust survivor was Jewish not born again Christian. How did I see the Kingdom of Heaven within her if she wasn't sealed? Yet she was not a Christian, she was a Jewish woman. How can you explain this because as sure as the Lord lives I know what I saw and I am telling you the truth! May the Lord deal with me ever so severely if I am not telling you the truth here! This really happened! How do you explain that????

Last edited:
I think it was Leonard Ravenhill that said when you are fully rejected by man you will be fully pleasing and acceptable to God.

I'm sure Charlie Manson and OJ Simpson will take comfort in those words... :lol:

Wrong. The Bible clearly states that the Wicked despise the goodness of the Godly and the Godly despise the wickedness of the Wicked. It is in Proverbs. Look it up or are you wiser than Solomon now? - Jeri

That is OT. Jesus taught you to love everyone, sinner and saved alike. Why do you cling to the hatred of the OT instead of embracing the teachings of Jesus to love others as you love yourself?

From Leviticus

18:...you shall love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.

That is from the Torah.

Why do you worship false gods instead of worshipping the one true G-D.?

Turn to Me and be saved, all you ends of the Earth; for I am God, and there is no other. (Isaiah, 45:22)

This is what the Lord says…"Surely God is with you, and there is no other; there is no other God." (Isaiah, 45:14)

...The Lord our God, the Lord is one. (Deuteronomy, 6:4)

... so that all the peoples of the Earth may know that the Lord is God and that there is no other. (1 Kings, 8:60)

Speaking of hatred...

“The children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” (Matthew 8.12)

“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets and stonest them that are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold your house is left unto you desolate.” (Matthew 23.37,38) Then answered all the people (Jews) and said, “His blood be on us and on our children” (Matthew 27:25). 1 “But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you to councils, and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten” (Mark 13.9)

“He that believeth not shall be damned” (Mark 16.16)

“Stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so you do. Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which showed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers” (Acts 7.51-53)

“It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing you put it from you and judge yourself unworthy of everlasting life, we turn to the Gentiles” (Acts 13.45-51)

“For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre’s sake ... wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; not giving heed to Jewish fables and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.” (Titus 1.10-14).

“The Jews, who both killed the Lord Jesus and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God and are contrary to all men: forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins always: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.” (l Thessalonians 2.14-16)

“Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is an antichrist, that denieth the father and the son. Whoever denieth the son, the same hath not the father” (l John 2.22,23)

“I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan ...” (Revelation 2.9,10)

“Behold I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews and are not but do lie; behold I will make them to come and worship before thy feet...” (Revelation 3.9)

Romans 3:27) Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? Nay; but by the law of faith. 28) Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Romans 4:13) For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith. 14) For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:……………………….20) He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; 21) And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able to perform. 22) And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness. 23) Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; 24) But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; 25) Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Romans 5:1) Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ; 2) By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Romans 9:31) But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. 32) Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at the stumblingstone;

Israel did what they were supposed to.

They continued to worship their G-D instead of being led astray to worship foreign gods which they have not known.

That's what G-D commanded them to do.

Oh well............to everyone but you I suppose.......and, hey, you certainly have the right to your opinion..........as erroneous as it may be.......

Over 20 years ago when I was a single parent I took my child to a Burger King. We sat down across from an elderly man and woman who were very sweet. They were brother and sister. They overheard my child asking for another hamburger and I told him I didn't have the money to buy him another one. ( I was struggling at the time and not making much money )

The couple said, can we buy him a hamburger? I said, yes, thank you. So the man bought the hamburger for my son and I spoke with the woman and the conversation turned to God very quickly somehow and I said to her I believe you are Gods chosen people and very precious to Him. She said, Chosen for what? This? And put out her arm where she had been tattooed by the nazis. She was a holocaust survivor. We had talked about her feelings about G-d, my own feelings about G-d, I cannot recall all that was said accept that if felt as if heaven were sitting at the table too. I cannot describe that but there was something about this woman. She told me she did volunteer at the Jewish Center nearby.

When we parted ways, she had such a soft countenance and gentle smile, I looked into her eyes and I saw heaven in her eyes. It was white light but I knew I was seeing the Kingdom of heaven in her eyes. I have never forgotten it. I have only seen that one time prior in my lifetime that I can recall. Suzanne Hinn ( Benny Hinns wife ) introduced me to Rheinhart Bonke's wife in a bookstore at Benny's church. ( OCC ) I saw the same white light in her eyes that I saw in the Jewish womans eyes. It was a supernatural experience and to me the only way I can explain it is that the Jewish woman I met was sealed by God for redemption as was Mrs. Bonke and the LORD allowed me to see it.

Now how can that be explained? Meeting the Jewish woman who was the holocaust victim is one of the reasons I defend Israel, post about holocaust and feel a responsibility to my Jewish brethren. That chance meeting impacted my life and has given me a deeper understanding of the truth that God has never abandoned his people. I believe my meeting her was a divine appointment arranged by G-d.

-Jeri

p.s. Jesus said the Kingdom of Heaven is within you. The holocaust survivor was Jewish not born again Christian. How did I see the Kingdom of Heaven within her if she wasn't sealed? Yet she was not a Christian, she was a Jewish woman. How can you explain this because as sure as the Lord lives I know what I saw and I am telling you the truth! May the Lord deal with me ever so severely if I am not telling you the truth here! This really happened! How do you explain that????

Awesome story.

A lot of people have been killed because of their beliefs. Christians are the most persecuted people on earth, but few go out with the flair that this guy had.

You sure about that?

If you take into account the population of Christians ( over 2 billion ) to tiny population of Jews I'd say we are running neck and neck these days. If we go by from beginning of time til now, Mike? The Jews have definitely suffered more. In my opinion.

As to dying with valor as this man did I recall 900 Jews who refused to bow their knee to Mohammad and declare him a genuine prophet and lost their heads together. I'd say that one goes down in the history books as men who glorified G-d in their deaths. It reminds me of the holiness of Shadrach, Meschach and Abednigo. These ones should be our role model for how to stand in the face of evil and not "bow down". - Jeri p.s. and let's not forget Daniel either. The lions den isn't a fairy tale. That really happened.

Last edited:

-Jeri

Awesome story.

As sure as G-d lives, it is the truth. I saw it with my own eyes, Mike. It's very awesome. It tells me that I know nothing when it comes to G-d and His ways. I need to add that - because it's true. - Jeri

Last edited:
I apologize to you if I am being insulting your religion Jeri.

There are so many ignorant idiots...

Calvary Love is not the same as the worlds love. The rebuke of a friend is better than the kisses of an enemy. One is genuine - the other is not.

Inane deflection.

John 13:34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

Jesus directly commanded you to "Love one another". Why do you persist in refusing to obey his teachings while pretending to be a Christian?

Inane deflection.

John 13:34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

Jesus directly commanded you to "Love one another". Why do you persist in refusing to obey his teachings while pretending to be a Christian?

Once again, this is in Leviticus 19:18

"...you shall love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord."

Inane deflection.

Thank you. That passage contradicts the earlier OT passages that Jeri was misusing to justify hating his fellow man. Since Jeri claims to be a Christian and his particular ilk selectively pick and choose what they want from the OT the NT passage from John is irrefutable.

Inane deflection.

Thank you. That passage contradicts the earlier OT passages that Jeri was misusing to justify hating his fellow man. Since Jeri claims to be a Christian and his particular ilk selectively pick and choose what they want from the OT the NT passage from John is irrefutable.

She may be referring to this"

Proverbs 29:27.

Wicked despise the goodness of the Godly and the Godly despise the wickedness of the Wicked

You are supposed to despise the wickedness of the wicked.

You certaintly aren't supposed to love the wickedness of the wicked.

The passages aren't contradictory at all.

Jeri, as usual, is spot on.

Wicked despise the goodness of the Godly and the Godly despise the wickedness of the Wicked

Romans 2:1-4

You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.

Jeri is condemning himself.

You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.

Romans is wrong.

It's important to make judgements on wickedness.

If you don't, you aren't making a moral distinction between what is right, and what is wong.

And if you don't make a moral distinction, then there is no reason for you not to do wicked things.

Romans is wrong.

It's important to make judgements on wickedness.

If you don't, you aren't making a moral distinction between what is right, and what is wong.

And if you don't make a moral distinction, then there is no reason for you not to do wicked things

Seriously? Does every single Atheist do "wicked things" because they lack the ability to make "moral distinctions"? Neither the bible nor any other religion has an exclusive right to dictate morality. In fact many religious texts advocate things that are considered immoral today.

Passing "judgment" in terms of the passage from Romans was a warning against hypocrisy. You don't get to judge others because you don't know what is in their hearts. Did someone steal money because they wanted to buy themselves a new pair of sneakers or did they do it so that they could feed their children? Do you condemn someone for the way they are dressed without knowing why they are wearing what they have on?

Jeri condemns people as "haters" simply because they don't share his particular beliefs. Are they "wicked" because they don't believe exactly as he does? Are they immoral because they prefer their own brand of religion or none at all?

Forum List

Back