Faith:

And how do you explain non-Christians who have been killed for their faiths? Is that still the Holy Spirit?

That is Communism or Islam. Not the Holy Spirit.

Muslims have just as much faith and comitment as you do...some might even say more...how many suicide christians have ya heard about? :lol:

Because our God (which is NOT the same as the muslims) never told us to go out and murder innocent people. We're not to murder anyone, including babies.

I agree, Mike. I quoted the same proverb earlier. I do not judge what others wear! What is that to me? I'll consider what I'm wearing not what someone else is wearing! The idea itself is silly, isn't it?

As to terrorism? Yes, I speak out against evil, of course I do and I would encourage others to do the same. When you remain silent it is as if you are endorsing what the bad guys are doing. Don't you know that,Deidre? - Jeri

How's the old saying go? For evil to triumph, all it takes is for good folks to do nothing.

Step one is to judge the behavior.

Is the first sentence a Bible quote? NO??? Ok, then....quit mixing secular, human quotes and religious doctrine.

Christ specifically said "judge not, meat ye be judged" ,"take the log out of your own eye before you point out the speck in your brother's","let those without sin cast the first stone". He also said "if a man sues you for your coat, give him your shirt as well."..."and to love your enemy as well as your neighbor, because even ANIMALS love only their families and neighbors", "turn the other cheek and forgive people's transgressions"...lastly...just to throw Politics in it....read the Judgment of Nations...better known as the sheep and goats.

You aren't fit to judge in God's place. You are human....you lack the ability to accurately judge people other than their actions. God judges hearts, souls and minds.

You can't expect forgiveness if you don't give it. Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy.

Fortunately, for this average Monkey at least, that shit don't matter.

I get to make my own judgements, sans the ancient filter.

Rest in peace to this person.....May the Creator of all give this soul a smooth transition to the next world.

With that being said I have no problem only until religion is pushed unto.me.

"religion" is most often "pushed" on people...........however, Christianity IS NEVER "pushed" onto people.........the joyous "gift of Grace, feely given by God, and the price paid for by the precious blood of Jesus Christ is there for any and all who wish to accept it. IT IS NEVER PUSHED, for that goes against all the teachings of Christ.

So rest assured, and worry not about Christianity being "pushed" upon you.

Nobody can make you turn Christian. If you don't believe, you don't believe. That's between you and God.

:clap2:

Can I get an 'Amen!'

(if not an A-men, how about an "Oh, Monkey!" :wink_2: )

How's the old saying go? For evil to triumph, all it takes is for good folks to do nothing.

Step one is to judge the behavior.

Is the first sentence a Bible quote? NO??? Ok, then....quit mixing secular, human quotes and religious doctrine.

Christ specifically said "judge not, meat ye be judged" ,"take the log out of your own eye before you point out the speck in your brother's","let those without sin cast the first stone". He also said "if a man sues you for your coat, give him your shirt as well."..."and to love your enemy as well as your neighbor, because even ANIMALS love only their families and neighbors", "turn the other cheek and forgive people's transgressions"...lastly...just to throw Politics in it....read the Judgment of Nations...better known as the sheep and goats.

You aren't fit to judge in God's place. You are human....you lack the ability to accurately judge people other than their actions. God judges hearts, souls and minds.

You can't expect forgiveness if you don't give it. Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy.

Great....just expect that when the time comes, God will take that into account.

That is Communism or Islam. Not the Holy Spirit.

Muslims have just as much faith and comitment as you do...some might even say more...how many suicide christians have ya heard about? :lol:

Because our God (which is NOT the same as the muslims) never told us to go out and murder innocent people. We're not to murder anyone, including babies.

How do you figure? They're both spin-offs of the ancient creation story starring the family of Abraham. Both are a way for the common Monkey to have the God of The Jews for their very own.

Great....just expect that when the time comes, God will take that into account.

I expect nothing, so I shan't be disappointed.

I believe that if God is, She's way bigger than ALL the ancient stories, let alone any one of them.

:cow:

She? I'm not saying you're wrong....just surprised.

I agree though...much bigger and more profoundly capable of forgiveness and love than we can even fathom.

If Momma's little Monkey bastards have a Father, His name is 'Time'.

Just one Monkeys humble opinion.

Mom! :beer:

Romans 3:27) Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? Nay; but by the law of faith. 28) Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Romans 4:13) For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith. 14) For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:……………………….20) He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; 21) And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able to perform. 22) And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness. 23) Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; 24) But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; 25) Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Romans 5:1) Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ; 2) By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Romans 9:31) But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. 32) Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at the stumblingstone;

Israel did what they were supposed to.

They continued to worship their G-D instead of being led astray to worship foreign gods which they have not known.

That's what G-D commanded them to do.

No Mike, they did not. They fought and argued and blamed God for everything, they tried to kill Moses, insisted that they didn't need God, that they were capable of adhering to any rules He put before them, ASKED HIM TO LEAVE HIS OWN TEMPLE, because they preferred to be ruled by a King instead.

They were already worshiping a cow before Moses could get back down the mountain.
Solomon lost his temple and his people for tossing a coin to one of his pagan wife's idols.

But God never stopped loving them. Never. He sent His Son to them once, and He is about to send Christ to them again.
That's why Jeremiah saw light in their eyes.

It is that God that the Jewish Christ introduced we pagan Gentiles to. Jesus, is spoken of often in Psalms. So is the existence of the Holy Spirit.

Christians worship the God of Abraham. Our Lord is a Jewish Rabbi.
Jews and Christians = same vine, different branches. :eusa_angel:

I don't care why Hitler, Stalin, OBL, and Hamas, have targeted civilian people and did atrocities.

I condemn them . I despise their wickedness.

And yes I am making a judgement.

So I guess if I blow up a school bus you can consider me a hypocrite. However, the chances are extremely unlikely that I will do so.

BTW Jeri is a she.

You are only harming yourself by despising them. You were taught to love because that is positive. Hatred is negative and harms the hater far more than the hated. Neither you nor Jeri understand your own religions. This is not surprising in the least though. Very few judgmental types ever do. You use your religion as an excuse to hide your own personal shortcomings instead of a means to become better people. Thanks for revealing your true natures. Have a nice day.

Whoa, now!! :eusa_hand: Since when does judging = hating?

It doesn't. What Cmike and Jeri are doing subsequent to judging is the problem.

Every Monkey judges stuff every day, including (but not limited to) judging the behaviors of the other Monkeys one encounters. It isn't wrong - it's survival at it's core.

Judging without hating is easy... just let it go.

Agreed. However both of them are admitting to DESPISING people whom they are condemning as "wicked". That is the whole point here. We Monkeys can and do judge people's actions and behaviors but when we take it to the next level and actively start hating them that is when it becomes a problem.

Judgment is a rational thing to do. Hatred and despising are emotional reactions. Those who harbor negative emotions do themselves more harm than good. The whole point of the Golden Rule was to teach Monkeys that positive emotions are good for you and negative emotions are bad for you. Sadly too many of the religious Monkeys never seem to learn this very simple lesson. You nailed it when you said "Judging without hating is easy... just let it go".

I completely support what the Pharisees/ Jews did and I condemn the anti semitism in the Christian bible about them.

Thank you for making my point. Have a nice day.

You are welcome.

I stand by my statements.

Isn't it rather hypocritical that you seem to be judging Jeri and myself, under the pretext of how we shouldn't judge?

Oh the irony...:eusa_whistle:

You seem extremely judgemental yourself.

I can assure you I understand my religion a lot better than you do.

We quoted the text in proverbs...

Godly people despise the wickedness of the wicked.

You may love the wickedness of the wicked.

That's your affair.

However godly people despise what OBL, Hitler, and Stalin did.

I was not taught to love everything. There are things that should be despised.

I agree, Mike. I quoted the same proverb earlier. I do not judge what others wear! What is that to me? I'll consider what I'm wearing not what someone else is wearing! The idea itself is silly, isn't it?

As to terrorism? Yes, I speak out against evil, of course I do and I would encourage others to do the same. When you remain silent it is as if you are endorsing what the bad guys are doing. Don't you know that,Deidre? - Jeri

There is a difference between speaking out and condemning. You obviously don't understand the distinction. Then again you didn't get it when it came to the Boston bombing either. Your "speaking out" was tantamount to inciting a lynch mob mentality. Needless to say you still don't get it and won't even if you live to be 100. Go back to your superstitious rituals of spreading blood over people and possessions to ward off "evil spirits".
Speaking out against something is condemning.

Can you please cite the "lynch mobs" that Jeri incited by stating her opinion on this message board?

You are only harming yourself by despising them. You were taught to love because that is positive. Hatred is negative and harms the hater far more than the hated. Neither you nor Jeri understand your own religions. This is not surprising in the least though. Very few judgmental types ever do. You use your religion as an excuse to hide your own personal shortcomings instead of a means to become better people. Thanks for revealing your true natures. Have a nice day.

Every Monkey judges stuff every day, including (but not limited to) judging the behaviors of the other Monkeys one encounters. It isn't wrong - it's survival at it's core.

Agreed. However both of them are admitting to DESPISING people whom they are condemning as "wicked". That is the whole point here. We Monkeys can and do judge people's actions and behaviors but when we take it to the next level and actively start hating them that is when it becomes a problem.

Judgment is a rational thing to do. Hatred and despising are emotional reactions. Those who harbor negative emotions do themselves more harm than good. The whole point of the Golden Rule was to teach Monkeys that positive emotions are good for you and negative emotions are bad for you. Sadly too many of the religious Monkeys never seem to learn this very simple lesson. You nailed it when you said "Judging without hating is easy... just let it go".

Hold it right there! Neither CMike nor I have said we despise people! The acts of Hitler and Stalin and such men were monstrous! Have we now become so politically correct that no one can state their feelings over it? I don't despise people and neither does Mike. To despise the evil acts done? Yes - to despise the very memory of one like Hitler? Yes, I do, it is not wrong and you are not going to pidgeon hole me into your very twisted world view! Forget about it! - Jeremiah

Romans 3:27) Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? Nay; but by the law of faith. 28) Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Romans 4:13) For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith. 14) For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:……………………….20) He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; 21) And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able to perform. 22) And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness. 23) Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; 24) But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; 25) Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Romans 5:1) Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ; 2) By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Romans 9:31) But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. 32) Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at the stumblingstone;

They continued to worship their G-D instead of being led astray to worship foreign gods which they have not known.

No Mike, they did not. They fought and argued and blamed God for everything, they tried to kill Moses, insisted that they didn't need God, that they were capable of adhering to any rules He put before them, ASKED HIM TO LEAVE HIS OWN TEMPLE, because they preferred to be ruled by a King instead.

They were already worshiping a cow before Moses could get back down the mountain.
Solomon lost his temple and his people for tossing a coin to one of his pagan wife's idols.

But God never stopped loving them. Never. He sent His Son to them once, and He is about to send Christ to them again.

It is that God that the Jewish Christ introduced we pagan Gentiles to. Jesus, is spoken of often in Psalms. So is the existence of the Holy Spirit.

Jews sometimes fell off the wagaon, but they got back on.

However, jews still did what G-D wanted.

G-D stated clearly, and in numerous passages, that jews may only worship G-D, the one G-D, the only G-D, the G-D they have known.

Any other god is a fake according to the G-D that the jews believe in.

So worshipping jesus would be a great sin for the jews. Perhaps it would be one of the gravest sins.

That's why jews don't do it.

I don't despise anyone. Neither does Mike. To condemn evil behavior is now politically incorrect according to Deidre. He has just thrown common sense out the window. Bravo, Deidre. Quite an example you are setting there. - Jeri

Negative emotions can be good.

If people didn't react to Hitler he would not have been stopped.

If people don't despise the actions of a child molester, there is no reason for a child molester to be punished.

If people don't despise the actions of a rapist, there is no reason to stop the rapist.

I agree with King Solomon, godly people despise the wickedness of the wicked.

It sounds spot on to me.

Jews sometimes fell off the wagaon, but they got back on.

However, jews still did what G-D wanted.

G-D stated clearly, and in numerous passages, that jews may only worship G-D, the one G-D, the only G-D, the G-D they have known.

Any other god is a fake according to the G-D that the jews believe in.

So worshipping jesus would be a great sin for the jews. Perhaps it would be one of the gravest sins.

That's why jews don't do it.

I understand completely, but I want you to know that the Bible isn't an anti-semitic book, it is a co-Abrahamic bond.

God promised you a Messiah, and God is going to deliver.
He will be a Lion. From the tribe of Judah.
Christians believe He was here before, as the sacrificial Lamb. A custom of the Jews. Most of the Bible was written by Jews.
The early Jews that accepted Christ, and there were many, continued to be Jewish. They wondered what to do with all of the Gentiles that were following this Jewish Rabbi covenant. Circumcise them? Cleanse them in the pools?

Mary isn't Catholic. She was a little Jewish girl.
When God reveals your Messiah to you, our knees will also bend. There is nothing in the Bible meant to belittle the Jew.

Having said that, our belief is based on your prophets. And they didn't describe the coming Messiah as a lion, but first as a baby, then again, as a lion.

I know it's a bit lengthy, but I can't think of any better tangible proof that Christ is the Messiah that will touch down on the Mt. of Olives, and propel Israel to victory in the battle that is coming.

I want you to read this mathematical summary of the scientific law of probability to calculate the odds of one person fulfilling even just a few of the Old Testament prophesies that Christ indeed did fill.

That it could be a fluke that Jesus fulfilled the predictions of your prophets, isn't possible scientifically.
How do you disregard the data? I can't.

Mathematical Probability that Jesus is the Christ:

If one were to conceive 50 specific prophecies about a person in the future, whom one would never meet, just what's the likelihood that this person will fulfill all 50 of the predictions? How much less would this likelihood be if 25 of these predictions were about what other people would do to him, and were completely beyond his control?

For example, how does someone "arrange" to be born in a specific family?

How does one "arrange" to be born in a specified city, in which their parents don't actually live? How does one "arrange" their own death - and specifically by crucifixion, with two others, and then "arrange" to have their executioners gamble for His clothing (John 16:19; Psalms 22:18)? How does one "arrange" to be betrayed in advance? How does one "arrange" to have the executioners carry out the regular practice of breaking the legs of the two victims on either side, but not their own? Finally, how does one "arrange" to be God? How does one escape from a grave and appear to people after having been killed?

Indeed, it may be possible for someone to fake one or two of the Messianic prophecies, but it would be impossible for any one person to arrange and fulfill all of these prophecies.

The science of probability attempts to determine the chance that a given event will occur. The value and accuracy of the science of probability has been well established beyond doubt - for example, insurance rates are fixed according to statistical probabilities.

Professor Emeritus of Science at Westmont College, Peter Stoner, has calculated the probability of one man fulfilling the major prophecies made concerning the Messiah. The estimates were worked out by twelve different classes representing some 600 university students.

The students carefully weighed all the factors, discussed each prophecy at length, and examined the various circumstances which might indicate that men had conspired together to fulfill a particular prophecy. They made their estimates conservative enough so that there was finally unanimous agreement even among the most skeptical students.

However Professor Stoner then took their estimates, and made them even more conservative. He also encouraged other skeptics or scientists to make their own estimates to see if his conclusions were more than fair. Finally, he submitted his figures for review to a committee of the American Scientific Affiliation. Upon examination, they verified that his calculations were dependable and accurate in regard to the scientific material presented (Peter Stoner, Science Speaks, Chicago: Moody Press, 1969, 4).

For example, concerning Micah 5:2, where it states the Messiah would be born in Bethlehem Ephrathah, Stoner and his students determined the average population of BETHLEHEM from the time of Micah to the present; then they divided it by the average population of the earth during the same period.

They concluded that the chance of one man being born in Bethlehem was one in 300,000, (or one in 2.8 x 10^5 - rounded),

After examining only eight different prophecies (Idem, 106), they conservatively estimated that the chance of one man fulfilling all eight prophecies was one in 10^17.

To illustrate how large the number 10^17 IS (a figure with 17 zeros), Stoner gave this illustration :

If you mark one of ten tickets, and place all the tickets in a hat, and thoroughly stir them, and then ask a blindfolded man to draw one, his chance of getting the right ticket is one in ten. Suppose that we take 10^17 silver dollars and lay them on the face of Texas. They'll cover all of the state two feet deep. Now mark one of these silver dollars and stir the whole mass thoroughly, all over the state. Blindfold a man and tell him that he can travel as far as he wishes, but he must pick up one silver dollar and say that this is the right one. What chance would he have of getting the right one? Just the same chance that the prophets would've had of writing these eight prophecies and having them all come true in any one man, from their day to the present time, providing they wrote them in their own wisdom (Idem, 106-107).

In financial terms, is there anyone who would not invest in a financial venture if the chance of failure were only one in 10^17? This is the kind of sure investment we're offered by god for faith in His Messiah.

From these figures, Professor Stoner, concludes the fulfillment of these eight prophecies alone proves that God inspired the writing of the prophecies (Idem, 107) - the likelihood of mere chance is only one in 10^17!

Another way of saying this is that any person who minimizes or ignores the significance of the biblical identifying signs concerning the Messiah would be foolish.

But, of course, there are many more than eight prophecies. In another calculation, Stoner used 48 prophecies and arrived at the extremely conservative estimate that the probability of 48 prophecies being fulfilled in one person is the incredible number 10^157.

How large is the number one in 10^157? 10^157 contains 157 zeros! Stoner gives an illustration of this number using electrons. Electrons are very small objects. They're smaller than atoms. It would take 2.5 TIMES 10^15 of them, laid side by side, to make one inch. Even if we counted 250 of these electrons each minute, and counted day and night, it would still take 19 million years just to count a line of electrons one-inch long (Stoner, op. cit, 109).

With this introduction, let's go back to our chance of one in 10^157. Let's suppose that we're taking this number of electrons, marking one, and thoroughly stirring it into the whole mass, then blindfolding a man and letting him try to find the right one. What chance has he of finding the right one? What kind of a pile will this number of electrons make? They make an inconceivably large volume.

This is the result from considering a mere 48 prophecies. Obviously, the probability that 456 prophecies would be fulfilled in one man by chance is vastly smaller. According to Emile Borel, once one goes past one chance in 10^50, the probabilities are so small that it is impossible to think that they will ever occur (Ankerberg et. al., op. cit., 21).
'Any man who rejects Christ as the Son of God is rejecting a fact, proved perhaps more absolutely than any other fact in the world.'

Last edited:

Forum List

Back