Gas tax and road repairs

I never aid anything about that and mode no claims as to what they cost.

YOU said we can easily replace all the gasoline and other fossil fuels with synthetic fuels

So prove you fucking claims
So you don't know the answer. Why do you support EVs?

Where did I say EVs should ever be the only cars?

Prove your claims or admit you don't know as much as you think you do about synthetic fuels.
I'm not doing your math for you and I have nothing to prove. Anyone with a little bit of common sense knows it will take a lot of raw materials to make those batteries and will the material be accessible in the United States or will it be in places outside of the US ? With synthetic fuel it can be produced right here in the USA

I'm not doing your math for you and I have nothing to prove. Anyone with a little bit of common sense knows it will take a lot of raw materials to make those batteries and will the material be accessible in the United States or will it be in places outside of the US ? With synthetic fuel it can be produced right here in the USA
You're not doing any math at all. And that article doesn't say how much it would cost to transition all fuels to synthetics or if it's even possible to replace all fossil fuels with synthetics.

So I guess you just can't prove your own claims.

You're not doing any math at all. And that article doesn't say how much it would cost to transition all fuels to synthetics or if it's even possible to replace all fossil fuels with synthetics.

So I guess you just can't prove your own claims.
You are correct not doing your math.

You are correct not doing your math.
You have not proven your claims. It's not up to me to prove your assertions

You just like the idea of synthetic fuels and have no clue about what's involved in making them and what's worse you don't want to know.

You have not proven your claims. It's not up to me to prove your assertions

You just like the idea of synthetic fuels and have no clue about what's involved in making them and what's worse you don't want to know.
EVs will cost more its even more strain on natural resources than fossil fuels. Will America have enough resources on its land to make the batteries or with it have to go to China Russia Iran to get the needed resources?

That's a different topic.

When I try to talk pros and cons of EVs no one wants to do anything but be 100% pro or 100% con

IOW they are divorced from reality

I have no problem with EV's provided they are not subsidized by government or we get some clown like Biden increasing the cost of fuel to try and force people to them. If you want an EV and it doesn't cost taxpayers a dime, I say go for it. My problem is with this non-stop push for people to use them.

EVs will cost more its even more strain on natural resources than fossil fuels. Will America have enough resources on its land to make the batteries or with it have to go to China Russia Iran to get the needed resources?
So put up your numbers and prove your claim

I have no problem with EV's provided they are not subsidized by government or we get some clown like Biden increasing the cost of fuel to try and force people to them. If you want an EV and it doesn't cost taxpayers a dime, I say go for it. My problem is with this non-stop push for people to use them.
I don't agree with the politics of it all.

Like everything there are pros and cons but no one here wants to have an honest discussion

If more states push to end all fossil fuel powered vehicles where will those states get the money to fix their roads? After all gas tax goes towards road repairs.
Electric Taxes of Course. After your Electric bill goes up $200 a month just to charge your stupid EV, then you get nailed for a new Electric Tax, you will be wishing you had a gas guzzling private jet like Al Gore.

I don't agree with the politics of it all.

Like everything there are pros and cons but no one here wants to have an honest discussion

I think my discussion is more than honest.

If politics were not the main issue here I wouldn't be discussing it. But more and more the Democrats are turning it political. If they left the issue alone, didn't subsidize anything, let people freely make their own choices, I'm all for it. The problem is they are pressuring people into these vehicles and it's hurting every sector of the country.

They are intentionally increasing the price of fossil fuels which hurts industry and heavily contributes to our out of control inflation problem. That sparks off interest rates now the highest in 14 years. People are having to choose between groceries and gasoline. Then there are home and business heating costs. It's just way too much sacrifice so that a small group of people can feel like they're saving the planet.

I don't want to be like Europe or California. I don't want to have to check the internet to see if there is a government warning about me making a couple of pop-tarts in the toaster. I don't want to worry about a rolling blackout on a 90 degree night with 65% humidity. As the old saying goes, if it's not broke--don't fix it.

I'm giving the cost that has an undetermined number. Where will the resources come from? Is it more sustainable than synthetic fuel? You sound like an investor to the ev cause
And you like yo make assumptions

EVs have a place in the mix and they have pros and cons like everything in the real world .

In our lifetimes we won't have to really deal with the fossil fuel tipping point but it will have to be done eventually.

Personally I like Nissans E power concept where a small ultra efficient ICE engine powers a generator that keeps the batteries for the electric drive train charged. IMO it is a great compromise that will greatly reduce emissions and pollution and still produce a car without the charging hassles or range anxiety.

And you like yo make assumptions

EVs have a place in the mix and they have pros and cons like everything in the real world .

In our lifetimes we won't have to really deal with the fossil fuel tipping point but it will have to be done eventually.

Personally I like Nissans E power concept where a small ultra efficient ICE engine powers a generator that keeps the batteries for the electric drive train charged. IMO it is a great compromise that will greatly reduce emissions and pollution and still produce a car without the charging hassles or range anxiety.
You do realize those batteries don't last forever.
The unattended consequences effect is in play.

Forum List

Back