Gas tax and road repairs

It's not difficult.

Most states require some sort of vehicle inspection so it's quite an easy thing to tack the mileage of every car that is registered.
Not if mileage is never giving when you renew your tags online. Miles are not asked.

I've never lived in a state that required mileage at an inspection
So what's the big deal if they do? If you are not paying gas tax at the pump what does it matter if they look at your mileage?

It's not like they want to track you everywhere you go.

So what's the big deal if they do? If you are not paying gas tax at the pump what does it matter if they look at your mileage?

It's not like they want to track you everywhere you go.
It none of the government business knowing how many miles I travel. Anyone agrees is a fascist pig.

And we can't sustain fossil fuels forever either so what's your solution?

The solution is to keep working on the technology until it becomes advantageous to offer the public. We have at least 100 years of fossil fuel that we can use and I'm sure in 100 years we'll discover more.

What they are trying to do now is similar to telling Henry Ford he can't come out with his car until he develops fuel injection. The time is not here yet. Someday? Yes it will. But it's stupidity to take a very dependable, reliable and cost effective means of transportation and replace it with a less reliable, dependable and much more expensive model.

The solution is to keep working on the technology until it becomes advantageous to offer the public. We have at least 100 years of fossil fuel that we can use and I'm sure in 100 years we'll discover more.

What they are trying to do now is similar to telling Henry Ford he can't come out with his car until he develops fuel injection. The time is not here yet. Someday? Yes it will. But it's stupidity to take a very dependable, reliable and cost effective means of transportation and replace it with a less reliable, dependable and much more expensive model.
Nissan has already developed what they call a E Power system that I really think is the best compromise. It's been available in other countries but guess what not in the US ( I wonder why)

Last edited:
Nissan has already developed what they call a E Power system that I really think is the best compromise. It's been available in other countries but guess what not in the US ( I wonder why)

It doesn't solve much given it still takes fossils to make the electricity. Before anything we would have to spend trillions to upgrade the grid.

If you buy a standard vehicle today it holds it's value minus mileage. Not so with an electric car. Who's going to buy a used electric car when they know they'll have to get a battery replacement in the next couple of years? Even with the government subsidies, you're still paying more for an electric vehicle than a similar gasoline model and it's not going to hold any value.

It's just a bad idea to force people into this. Given the average EV cost is 63K, that means only the well-to-do will be able to afford them. As for the rest, they'll be forced to use public transportation which is the ultimate goal of these enviro-freaks.

Forum List

Back