Gender changing surgeries on children rose 389%

I do not believe they do, the one I know did not. They tend to wear a wide variety of clothing that would fit with how people view the male or female gender.
It's my opinion that people adhering to trans-ideology are conflating gender with personality. Historically gender has been synonymous to male and female when used to describe humans. Men and women can have a wide range of personalities. Some personality traits are more common in males and some more common in females, but there is much overlap in the distributions of personality traits between males and females. Having personality traits that are more common to females does not make a male human a woman. Just putting in my two cents.

As for as non-binary... once again personality traits are non-binary. If one is conflating gender with personality, then we all are non-binary.

That's right, from 2016 to 2019, gender surgeries for children is up 389%

And of those, only 1.4% were for boys

Girls are what is being disproportionately targeted here.
That was from 2016 to 2019. It's just a hunch but I bet that gender surgeries for children has more gone up at least another 389% . If I'm wrong... it's only because lots of procedures were delayed because of covid.

You mean people who are simply confused about their identity can be misdiagnosed as having gender dysphoria. Go look at the numbers of people who actually end up regretting transitioning, it's around 1%.

I doubt there are any numbers on kids that had surgery and then later regretted it. I made lots of choices as a teen I regret looking back on them, but none were life changing and irreversible.

We could use science to disprove claims from people who say you don't love your wife or that you're not really suffering from gender dysphoria.

No, you can never prove nor disprove love, not with science or without. Same goes with gender dysphoria which is why it is a mental diagnoses and not a physical one.

It actual is. Science is the tool we use to determine what's real from what's supposition. Reason is a determination given to that which can be proven to be real.

Nope, objective reasoning is not limited to science, no matter how much you want it to be.

Also, proof is not the purpose or result of science.

It's my opinion that people adhering to trans-ideology are conflating gender with personality.

I think there is a strong connection between the two. It is also my opinion that the bigger conflation is between gender and sex. For far too long we used the two words interchangeably and they were not meant to be used that way.

Men and women can have a wide range of personalities. Some personality traits are more common in males and some more common in females, but there is much overlap in the distributions of personality traits between males and females. Having personality traits that are more common to females does not make a male human a woman. Just putting in my two cents.

As for as non-binary... once again personality traits are non-binary. If one is conflating gender with personality, then we all are non-binary.

I get what you are saying and do not think we really disagree that much. Gender has always been a social construct, the things we assign to gender even more so.

Take for example gender specific clothing. Who decided that skirts were for women and pants for men? In some cultures today there is still little difference between the clothing worn by each, while in others it is very much different. If society had decided way back when that skirts were for me (ala Kilts) and women should wear pants we would look at those as the right thing as that is waht we would be used to.

There honestly is not a good reason these things need to stay static and never change.

I do not believe they do, the one I know did not. They tend to wear a wide variety of clothing that would fit with how people view the male or female gender.
As with most issues, it seems to me that this is based on culture more than anything else. There is now significant cultural pressure to not only normalize gender dysphoria, but to demand acceptance of it in every possible situation. That, instead of putting full effort into treating it first.

But allowing this to be done to someone who is under 18, or even under 21? No. That is simply going too far. That certainly doesn't seem like enough time for a person to be fully treated for gender dysphoria before undergoing such drastic surgery. For too many parents, when in doubt, get out the scalpel, and it's become more and more socially acceptable.

Another example of how we just love to impulsively overcompensate whenever a person expresses discomfort over something.

I think there is a strong connection between the two. It is also my opinion that the bigger conflation is between gender and sex. For far too long we used the two words interchangeably and they were not meant to be used that way.
But they were meant to be used that way. Men are of the male sex, and women are of the female sex. Mothers are the female parents and Fathers are the male parents. Aunts are female relatives (sister of a parent) and uncles are male relatives (brother of a parent). Sisters are female siblings and brothers are male siblings. Or at least until recently. The gender's of these words convey useful information. Trans-ideology is redefining gender to the point that gender is so confusing that it's meaningless. People are so confused that people don't know what public restrooms or changing rooms to use anymore and females are loosing safe places meant for only females.

IMO, if trans-ideology is followed to it's "logical" conclusion (if there is such a thing as logic in the trans-ideology) gender may as well stop being used altogether because it will become meaningless.

But they were meant to be used that way. Men are of the male sex, and women are of the female sex. Mothers are the female parents and Fathers are the male parents. Aunts are female relatives (sister of a parent) and uncles are male relatives (brother of a parent). Sisters are female siblings and brothers are male siblings.

Male and female denote the sex of those people, not their gender. On your birth certificate it list your sex, not your gender.

Trans-ideology is redefining gender to the point that gender is so confusing that it's meaningless. People are so confused that people don't know what public restrooms or changing rooms to use anymore and females are loosing safe places meant for only females.

I do agree this is a huge problem, while I support some of what they do, I do not support this nor them playing a sport that is not based on their sex.

IMO, if trans-ideology is followed to it's "logical" conclusion (if there is such a thing as logic in the trans-ideology) gender may as well stop being used altogether because it will become meaningless.

This is possible, and I am not sure it is all together a bad thing. There are things we should base on sex and not gender (sports for example)

Male and female denote the sex of those people, not their gender. On your birth certificate it list your sex, not your gender.
Up until about 5 minutes ago, gendered words that referred to humans were based on their sex. Thus masculine gendered words referenced males and feminine gendered words referenced females. So yes, gender and sex are for all practical purposes synonymous. Words such as he,she,brother, sister,mother, and father are gendered words that are determined by the sex of the person they reference. The trans-ideologist want to re-write English grammar to suit the whims of a very tiny minority of the population in an Orwellian kind of way.

"Zipper tits" is now a term in the English language referring to the the young girls that have scars from the stitches where their breast were removed. If that is not messed up, I don't know what is.

Forum List

Back