Gina Carano fired from Disneys Mandalorian & Lucasfilm

If it’s disgusting to troll garbage human beings who support the torture and murder of police defending our Capitol and Republic from violent insurrection incited by a daughter molesting admitted sexual predator and wannabe dictator, I’ll wear the label with pride.
Now run along and suck on Trump’s little button mushroom pee pee, dear.
Just get lost, Troll. You don't belong in polite society.

If it’s disgusting to troll garbage human beings who support the torture and murder of police defending our Capitol and Republic from violent insurrection incited by a daughter molesting admitted sexual predator and wannabe dictator, I’ll wear the label with pride.
The fact that it is allowed to violate terms of service tells you that is exactly what it is...a troll.

She was fired for reposting a supposed offensive tweet on social media. The tweet in question is in the article.

Guess I won't be watching the Mandalorian anymore...

By the way, what ever happened to equal rights for women?
If you're watching Disney at the age of 50...you have some problems.

She compared getting banned from Twitter to the holocaust.
Disney/HBO are tools of the New World Order.

Can I still watch Showtime?

The fact that it is allowed to violate terms of service tells you that is exactly what it is...a troll.
Where did I violate terms of service? Are you cancelling me? I didn’t wish you dead of covid19 or anything of the sort. I didn’t wish you tortured and murdered by a crowd of Democrats like you and your Trump cult friends did to police at the Capitol, and would’ve done to our Congress if you could have. For fuck’s sake, you people trampled one of your own to death! Officer Sicknick was a Trump voter and you murdered him!

I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have left out the obvious. You probably fuck your daughter, just like your cult leader Trump.
You're disgusting.
It is also violating board rules. Go figure.
I've reported at least 4 or 5 of the vile posts....nothing
I’m sure another Trump cocksucker will come along and give me a time out so your micropenises don’t explode from the outrage of being called out for what you are. Garbage.

I cleaned up this hot mess a bit and I'm reopening it in the hopes ya'll can discuss the topic within the confines of the rules and with reasonable good taste. :lol:

She was fired for reposting a supposed offensive tweet on social media. The tweet in question is in the article.

She has the equal right to be a fucking idiot on social media, and the equal right to face the consequences of her speech.

Both true. However, do the consequences fit the speech? Of course not.

Please explain what it is you think Carano was saying and why you think her termination was justified.

The private sector doesn't guarantee you freedom of speech on their dime.

Are you stupid, or what?
CNN and MSNBC constantly do this. They compared the Jan. 6 Capitol Building event to hundreds of thousands of people maimed, mutilated and killed in the middle east the last several years. No firings there. That woman Gina, she does the talk and the walk. You guys are evil as the arrow on your running for office themes can not stop. And when empowered, remember there will be Deplorables hired by the totalitarian state and they will be empowered to get your back for your acidic remarks that the state does not like.

You mean because she mocks wearing a mask?

Are you stupid, or what?
Their dime?

She wasn't posting AT WORK or on a WORK PC.

Fail
Standard employment contract includes conduct unbecoming OFF THE JOB.
Go talk to that ex Chiefs coach if you’re confused by the concept.
Her statement was HISTORICAL FACT.

You CLEARLY have no knowledge of history.
She was accurate in describing how Jews were treated in Nazi Germany.
She was delusional and offensive in comparing Republicans in America today with Jews in Germany then.
You fucking idiot.

Show where in the tweet she compares Republicans to Jews of Germany.

Are you stupid, or what?
Their dime?

Fail

She was delusional and offensive in comparing Republicans in America today with Jews in Germany then.
You fucking idiot.

The comparison can be made with some pretzel logic. The overall point is apparently lost to some

She has the equal right to be a fucking idiot on social media, and the equal right to face the consequences of her speech.
Except Lucas Films/Disney/Marvel have a habit of letting their left leaning employees spew all kinds of hateful shit all over social media with zero consequences. Either apply rules evenly or shut up about your fake. “ standards” of conduct.

And of course, the folks at Disney and all those who support Carano's termination conveniently forgot about one of their own producers (Jack Morrissey) tweeting that "MAGAKids" be fed screaming, hats first, into a woodchipper in response to the Nick Sandmann incident in D.C.. He even included a graphic:

DxdH8ugVsAA75vo.jpg

But Carano gets fired for simply stating facts of Nazi Germany. Jesus what a bunch of craven hypocrites.

Correct.

Private employers are at complete liberty to hire and fire as they see fit, as conservatives have always claimed.

...and just like that our subscription to Disney+ is cancelled.

My granddaughter can watch something else when she visits us.

The problem with todays society is that most of them haven't read the book 1984 (if they did, they'd probably reject the message or wonder or loud "what's so wrong about that?"), and, most don't understand the history of fascism in Europe.

Europeans know of it. Which is why even Macron has spoken out against the "woke" culture of the U.S. It's also a big reason why the U.S risks losing it's key allies in Europe and most certainly in the Far East, and the Mid East.

Destroying ones career or future is, in effect, eliminating their freedom of speech. Giving in to the weak, keyboard mob who wouldn't really fight for anything in the literal sense, ensures the silencing of open expression. It definitely has unintended consequences.

It goes beyond military support; though of course this is vital. It has to do with principled support. If the West doesn't speak out against China, Russia, N Korea and other such nations, we will not have a leg to stand on. Other nations in their orbit are not feeling warm and fuzzy about America embracing Cancel Culture.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
Wrong.

Orwell was addressing government tyranny and excess, not the private sector.

Are you stupid, or what?
Their dime?

Fail

You fucking idiot.

The comparison can be made with some pretzel logic. The overall point is apparently lost to some

I've no doubt that she was comparing the current situation of Republicans with the plight of Jews in Nazi Germany. However, I asked him where in the tweet she makes the comparison.

It is not right that a person loses their job because of what may or may not be implied in a social media post. Her termination for this tweet is wrong on every level. It raises a very important question: Should she be terminated for the actual text or should she be terminated for the supposed implication?

Forum List

Back