Glen Beck packs a full House: Lincoln Memorial

You can look up the links. They have been posted earlier, so, no, we don't play that at all.

I can remember when the far wacks were yelling about inflating the numbers in summer of 2009's rally ten times to two million. So no creditability then or now.

You can look up the links. They have been posted earlier, so, no, we don't play that at all.

I can remember when the far wacks were yelling about inflating the numbers in summer of 2009's rally ten times to two million. So no creditability then or now.

I did and they are using a picture of Giants stadium to prove how it was less than 100,000 people at the rally.

Then I just posted up links to the square footage of said stadium and showed how it is vastly less than the square footage of the packed national mall.

Thats why I'm asking for more information or better links, the ones provided are easily disproved once you measure the square footage of the mall.

Lonestar, you are one of the most ignorant people around when it comes to understand the Bible or the Savior. Nothing in the Bible remotely indicates a government should not provide for the people. Only the most ignorant or most immoral would argue that the Bible does prohibt such activity. Go to.

Oh brother, the resident troll chimes in. Look dumbass, it does state in the Bible where help for the poor should come from and nowhere does it state that it should come from government. Period!

That is an ignorant troll comment, Lonestar. You clearly do not understand the Bible. Are you even a Christian? Your posts makes a reasonable person wonder just what is your religion.

Yes I undestand the Bible quite well. In fact I have shown what the Bible says should be done with the less fortunate and who's responsibility it is to care for them.

In the OT it states " Do not twist justice in legal matters by favoring the poor or being partial to the rich and powerful. Always judge people fairly" ~Leviticus 19~

In the NT it states, " Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver" ~Corinthians 9~

Jesus often spoke about giving to the poor, but it was to be a service to God and not a service to the government. The Bible says the individual who gave freely to the poor would be rewarded in the Kingdom of Heaven, and I'm pretty sure Obama isn't God nor is Washington D.C. the Kingdom of Heaven.

I think you should try reading the Bible youself. I gave you the chapter and verses.

HAHA typical cowards answer from you. You made the claim how about you prove it. Come on lonestar, what are you afraid of?? Provide the exact chapter and verse that says "ONLY." Come on, you made the claim, put up or shut up.

I made the claim and provided the scriptures which is a hell of a lot more than you liberal idiots do. Throughout the Bible it tells of who should care for the less fortunate and it list only those that I have listed and the government was not one of them. In order for you to support your claim that Jesus or the Bible makes the claim that the government is to be responsible then the burden is on you to prove it.

Truth is, you lost this debate the minute you started it because you have no knowledge of what the Bible says or the reason Jesus walked this earth.

I read through them and didn't see what you claimed to be there. Either way the burden of proof is on YOU. You made the claim, prove it. The fact that you continue to run away shows that you can't prove it or else you would have already done so instead of continuing your lame song and dance avoidance as you try desperately to make this about me.

BTW and this is probably the fifth time that I am telling you this but I am not making the argument that jesus or the bible makes the claim that the government is to be responsible so why do you continue to LIE and claim that i am making that argument when I clearly am NOT??

Truth is, you lost this debate the nanosecond you even thought about posting because you have no knowledge about the actual argument being had and are only interested in being dishonest as you continually mischaracterize my position as you try to hold me accountable for arguments that I am NOT making.

It is like a rat maze that the rat keeps forgetting how to run.

He doesn't even see the offense in the cartoon.

I didn't post the cartoon but this debate started based on one of dive's responses to said cartoon and I called him out for it and he has been ruinning ever since.

The cartoon is the origin of the argument to leave it out leaves the argument out of context. If dive would just admit to what he tried to claim this would be over but apparently he doesn't have the integrity to admit when he is wrong.

I think you should try reading the Bible youself. I gave you the chapter and verses.

HAHA typical cowards answer from you. You made the claim how about you prove it. Come on lonestar, what are you afraid of?? Provide the exact chapter and verse that says "ONLY." Come on, you made the claim, put up or shut up.

I made the claim and provided the scriptures which is a hell of a lot more than you liberal idiots do. Throughout the Bible it tells of who should care for the less fortunate and it list only those that I have listed and the government was not one of them. In order for you to support your claim that Jesus or the Bible makes the claim that the government is to be responsible then the burden is on you to prove it.

Truth is, you lost this debate the minute you started it because you have no knowledge of what the Bible says or the reason Jesus walked this earth.

I read through them and didn't see what you claimed to be there. Either way the burden of proof is on YOU. You made the claim, prove it. The fact that you continue to run away shows that you can't prove it or else you would have already done so instead of continuing your lame song and dance avoidance as you try desperately to make this about me.

BTW and this is probably the fifth time that I am telling you this but I am not making the argument that jesus or the bible makes the claim that the government is to be responsible so why do you continue to LIE and claim that i am making that argument when I clearly am NOT??

Truth is, you lost this debate the nanosecond you even thought about posting because you have no knowledge about the actual argument being had and are only interested in being dishonest as you continually mischaracterize my position as you try to hold me accountable for arguments that I am NOT making.

What other choices were given if not only family first then individuals and private charities?

Fact is those are the only choices given, therefore I am right.

Yes I know the argument, your whining about dive's use of the phrase "render unto Caesar...." and in that case he is right if you look at the entire content of responsibility in regards to helping the poor. It clearly states in the Bible who is responsible for caring for the poor and sick and it isn't Caesar's. Therefore you would render unto Caesar what is his and the caring for the poor and sick isn't his responsibility.

I agree with your conclusion, but somewhere around 87,000 to 125,000 looks about right, would you not agree?

I would have until people showed me pictures of what 80,000 people at giant's stadium looked like. With those pictures i've been shown I would guess it was closer to over 200,000. I could be overestimating or underestimating i'm not sure but judging from the pictures i've seen of the event combined with the pictures of giant stadium and considering the square footage of each thats where I get my guess.

Giants stadium is 20,000 square feet Giants Stadium Information

The national mall is 146 acres or well over 400,000 square feet. National Mall

WikiAnswers - How many square feet is one acre

But its really tough to guess even with all that taken into consideration.

No challenges from the anti-beck rally people? C'mon i'm sure you can argue these facts away somehow.

What is to challenge?? I don't see any proof of any real numbers. You offered an OPINION, so what is there to challenge?
Furthermore, even given the range of 150,000 to the extreme high of 500,000 that beck claimed, it is still miniscule when compared to other rallies.

So what is your point?

Oh brother, the resident troll chimes in. Look dumbass, it does state in the Bible where help for the poor should come from and nowhere does it state that it should come from government. Period!

That is an ignorant troll comment, Lonestar. You clearly do not understand the Bible. Are you even a Christian? Your posts makes a reasonable person wonder just what is your religion.

Yes I undestand the Bible quite well. In fact I have shown what the Bible says should be done with the less fortunate and who's responsibility it is to care for them.

In the OT it states " Do not twist justice in legal matters by favoring the poor or being partial to the rich and powerful. Always judge people fairly" ~Leviticus 19~

In the NT it states, " Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver" ~Corinthians 9~

Jesus often spoke about giving to the poor, but it was to be a service to God and not a service to the government. The Bible says the individual who gave freely to the poor would be rewarded in the Kingdom of Heaven, and I'm pretty sure Obama isn't God nor is Washington D.C. the Kingdom of Heaven.

WOW I think this is the first time that you actually posted quotes and nice cherry picking. Furthermore you posted what you believed the sections of the bible said and then provided the name of the book but when asked to show specifically how the books you cited backed up your spin you told me to read them. I did and didn't see what you claimed was there. So are you ever going to substantiate your claims or will you continue to run away from doing so?

BTW where in the two that you listed does it prohibit the government from helping??

Leviticus talks about JUDGING people fairly but does not prohibit the government from helping.

corinthians has nothing to do with the debate because no one is talking about forcing people to give under copmpulsion. Although, telling the listener that God loves a cheerful giver is a compulsion in of itself because you are doing it under the compulsion to please God.

BTW I don't think any one is talking about performing services TO the government so that is yet another strawman on your part. Imagine that.

What other choices were given if not only family first then individuals and private charities?

Yes I know the argument, your whining about dive's use of the phrase "render unto Caesar...." and in that case he is right if you look at the entire content of responsibility in regards to helping the poor. It clearly states in the Bible who is responsible for caring for the poor and sick and it isn't Caesar's. Therefore you would render unto Caesar what is his and the caring for the poor and sick isn't his responsibility.

once again you fail to provide the scripture that you claim applies. So i wonder why you posted the example in your previous post but continue to fail to do so in this one?? Got specifics or are you going to tell me to go read it again? LOL

Fact is that you failed to show "only" and have "only" claimed it, therefore you are presenting opinion as fact. How typical. LOL

So if you know the argument why conitinue with your dishonest strawman arguments as you try to hold me accountable for an argument that I am NOT making?? Furthermore, even you admit that the jesus does NOT prohibit the government from doing so, therefore I am right based on your own post.

Jesus never stated what the goverment cannot do.

Now, in a desperate attempt to spin, you are merely trying to argue that because the bible doesn't specifically state that the government could do it, that it somehow means that the government shouldn't do it and that is just ridiculous.

Last edited:

WOW I think this is the first time that you actually posted quotes and nice cherry picking. Furthermore you posted what you believed the sections of the bible said and then provided the name of the book but when asked to show specifically how the books you cited backed up your spin you told me to read them. I did and didn't see what you claimed was there. So are you ever going to substantiate your claims or will you continue to run away from doing so?

BTW where in the two that you listed does it prohibit the government from helping??

Leviticus talks about JUDGING people fairly but does not prohibit the government from helping.

corinthians has nothing to do with the debate because no one is talking about forcing people to give under copmpulsion. Although, telling the listener that God loves a cheerful giver is a compulsion in of itself because you are doing it under the compulsion to please God.

BTW I don't think any one is talking about performing services TO the government so that is yet another strawman on your part. Imagine that.

Yes judging people fairly and if the government favored one group over another it would not be fair. Notice it specifically refers to "legal matters".

If your are forced through taxation to help the needy then Cor. does apply.

Yes judging people fairly and if the government favored one group over another it would not be fair. Notice it specifically refers to "legal matters".

So your first has NOTHING to do with the discussion and your second does IF you stretch and pretend that you are being forced to give to the poor. which you are not.

Where in the two that you listed does it prohibit the government from helping??

and

BTW I don't think any one is talking about performing services TO the government so that is yet another strawman on your part. Imagine that

once again you fail to provide the scripture that you claim applies. So i wonder why you posted the example in your previous post but continue to fail to do so in this one?? Got specifics or are you going to tell me to go read it again? LOL

Fact is that you failed to show "only" and have "only" claimed it, therefore you are presenting opinion as fact. How typical. LOL

So if you know the argument why conitinue with your dishonest strawman arguments as you try to hold me accountable for an argument that I am NOT making?? Furthermore, even you admit that the jesus does NOT prohibit the government from doing so, therefore I am right based on your own post.

Now, in a desperate attempt to spin, you are merely trying to argue that because the bible doesn't specifically state that the government could do it, that it somehow means that the government shouldn't do it and that is just ridiculous.

I've already provided the scriptures, you're just too damn lazy to look them up. The Bible clearly states who is responsible for caring for the poor and the sick and it only list family then individuals and then private charities. If you wish to challenge that, then it's up to you to provide scripture that states the responsibility falls on someone that has not already been mentioned.

6In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers, to keep away from every brother who is idle and does not live according to the teaching you received from us. 7For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example. We were not idle when we were with you, 8nor did we eat anyone's food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you. 9We did this, not because we do not have the right to such help, but in order to make ourselves a model for you to follow. 10For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."
11We hear that some among you are idle. They are not busy; they are busybodies. 12Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the bread they eat. 13And as for you, brothers, never tire of doing what is right.

14If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of him. Do not associate with him, in order that he may feel ashamed. 15Yet do not regard him as an enemy, but warn him as a brother.
(2 Thess 3 :6-15)

So your first has NOTHING to do with the discussion and your second does IF you stretch and pretend that you are being forced to give to the poor. which you are not.

Where in the two that you listed does it prohibit the government from helping??

and

BTW I don't think any one is talking about performing services TO the government so that is yet another strawman on your part. Imagine that

You are one dumb SOB.

I've already provided the scriptures, you're just too damn lazy to look them up. The Bible clearly states who is responsible for caring for the poor and the sick and it only list family then individuals and then private charities. If you wish to challenge that, then it's up to you to provide scripture that states the responsibility falls on someone that has not already been mentioned.

6In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers, to keep away from every brother who is idle and does not live according to the teaching you received from us. 7For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example. We were not idle when we were with you, 8nor did we eat anyone's food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you. 9We did this, not because we do not have the right to such help, but in order to make ourselves a model for you to follow. 10For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."
11We hear that some among you are idle. They are not busy; they are busybodies. 12Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the bread they eat. 13And as for you, brothers, never tire of doing what is right.

14If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of him. Do not associate with him, in order that he may feel ashamed. 15Yet do not regard him as an enemy, but warn him as a brother.

NO, I looked them up and didn't see what you claimed was there so I asked you to specify and up to this point you have refused to do so and continue to tell me to look for something that was NOT there.

You said ONLY and yet I don't see that in there anywhere am i to take it thatyou are continuing with your spin that it means only because it doesn't say otherwise?? LOL

So first we have
6: stay away from lazy people who do not folow the teachings.
7:We were not lazy so follow our example
8: We earned our food and were not a burden
9: people have a right to such help but we chose to make ourselves an example to follow
10: If a man WILL not work, he shall not eat
11: Some of you are lazy and nozy
12: such lazy people should earn what they eat
13: Never tire of doing what is right
14: Do not associate with people who do not follow this letter and make him ashamed.
15: He is not an enemy but a brother.

So what am I missing because I don't see how that applies or how that says "ONLY"??

Last edited:

NO, I looked them up and didn't see what you claimed was there so I asked you to specify and up to this point you have refused to do so and continue to tell me to look for something that was NOT there.

You said ONLY and yet I don't see that in there anywhere am i to take it thatyou are continuing with your spin that it means only because it doesn't say otherwise?? LOL

So first we have
6: stay away from lazy people who do not folow the teachings.
7:We were not lazy so follow our example
8: We earned our food and were not a burden
9: people have a right to such help but we chose to make ourselves an example to follow
10: If a man WILL not work, he shall not eat
11: Some of you are lazy and nozy
12: such lazy people should earn what they eat
13: Never tire of doing what is right
14: Do not associate with people who do not follow this letter and make him ashamed.
15: He is not an enemy but a brother.

So what am I missing because I don't see how that applies or how that says "ONLY"??

Yes you ignorant fuck that's the ONLY place in the Bible that speaks to who is to care for those in need. The scripture that you're referencing shows that help is only given to those who are truly helpless. Those that choose to sit on their ass does not deserve help, which would apply to most of the lazy fucks currently on welfare.

It's not the governments role to provide for welfare and nowhere in the Bible does it suggest otherwise.

Lonestar we have already demonstrated that you have no idea of what you are talking about when it comes to the Bible and the role of government concerning the poor.

You merely are demonstrating your ignorance on this subject.

Nothing in the Bible forbids government from doing such things. Your only motivation, since you are wrong, must be greed.

Lonestar we have already demonstrated that you have no idea of what you are talking about when it comes to the Bible and the role of government concerning the poor.

You merely are demonstrating your ignorance on this subject.

Nothing in the Bible forbids government from doing such things. Your only motivation, since you are wrong, must be greed.

The only thing you've demonstrated is your utter stupidity.

The Bible doesn't explicitely forbid a lot of things but that don't mean squat. The Bible clearly states who is responsible for helping those in need and it damn sure ain't the government. But hey stay stupid your entire life.

The Bible does not forbid it, while the Bible explicitly directs his fellow man to take care of his fellow man. Thus, since we are organized as a democratic republic, We the People through the state have both the moral and constitutional obligaton to do so.

Since you are in the vast minority, Lonestar, but living here, you have the right to post your ill-informed opinion while the great majority laughs at you.

The Bible does not forbid it, while the Bible explicitly directs his fellow man to take care of his fellow man. Thus, since we are organized as a democratic republic, We the People through the state have both the moral and constitutional obligaton to do so.

Since you are in the vast minority, Lonestar, but living here, you have the right to post your ill-informed opinion while the great majority laughs at you.

I never said the Bible did, you dumbass retard.

It does say that in legal matters it should be fair. Taking from one to give to another isn't fair.

The Constitution doesn't say that we have to feed the poor, house the homeless or heal the sick. But what's another lie on your record?

Forum List

Back