God Bless Black Conservatives

Nobody tells you how to vote or who you are supposed to be. You, and everyone else makes those decisions by themselves

But those decisions are based on your life experiences, current circumstances or whom you affiliate with. Those are your demographics

The issues that determine your vote may be dominated by the fact that you are a woman, they may be influenced by your race, religion or ethnicity, they may be influenced by your love of guns

Politicians will set agendas based on appealing to multiple demographics. Those who do it most successfully tend to win

And you can continue to support and defend those who divide people, pit groups against eachother, keep racism and government dependence based on skin color alive and well so that they can win elections. . . .

Or you can condemn that and refuse to support or take part in it any more.

That is also your choice.

If you support gun rights aren't you dividing people?
If you support increasing retirement benefits are you pitting the old against the young?

Every political position has those it helps and those it hurts. That is not pitting groups against eachother but acknowledging the needs of one group that may be at the expense of another. You can't make all of the people happy all of the time

No. If I support gun rights it is because I believe all Americans, without distinction of race, ethncity, socioeconomic status, or political party should have the unalienable right to self protection and support the constitutional provision that protects that right.

If you would take away some or all of my gun rights though, the only reason I can think of for you to do that is to restrict my rights because you think I cannot be trusted with such a right. And THAT can definitely be a divisive concept just as assuming black people are incapable of takiing care of themselves and must have special government oversight is divisive and promotes racism.

Since I oppose retirement benefits or any other government benefits provided at the expense to forcibly taking resources from somebody else, and I believe everybody should look to and provide their own retirement, your second illustration is a red herring. You might say it is divisive if I believe that you are not entitled to what I earn just because you are you. But that's a different debate.

And you can continue to support and defend those who divide people, pit groups against eachother, keep racism and government dependence based on skin color alive and well so that they can win elections. . . .

Or you can condemn that and refuse to support or take part in it any more.

That is also your choice.

If you support gun rights aren't you dividing people?
If you support increasing retirement benefits are you pitting the old against the young?

Every political position has those it helps and those it hurts. That is not pitting groups against eachother but acknowledging the needs of one group that may be at the expense of another. You can't make all of the people happy all of the time

No. If I support gun rights it is because I believe all Americans, without distinction of race, ethncity, socioeconomic status, or political party should have the unalienable right to self protection and support the constitutional provision that protects that right.

If you would take away some or all of my gun rights though, the only reason I can think of for you to do that is to restrict my rights because you think I cannot be trusted with such a right. And THAT can definitely be a divisive concept just as assuming black people are incapable of takiing care of themselves and must have special government oversight is divisive and promotes racism.

Since I oppose retirement benefits or any other government benefits provided at the expense to forcibly taking resources from somebody else, and I believe everybody should look to and provide their own retirement, your second illustration is a red herring. You might say it is divisive if I believe that you are not entitled to what I earn just because you are you. But that's a different debate.

Can you name a single major issue facing this country that is not divisive?

No matter which issue you support you are automatically divided from those who oppose it

An expectation toward who from who based on what?

Do you think I expect Herman Cain to vote Democratic?

Try harder.

I think you should take your own advice.

Do you know why Herman Cain received such vitriol? It wasn't because he was a Republican, but because he was a Black Republican. In the liberal mind, Republicans are racists, benefiting only Whites (look at this board and read some of the comments by the liberals around here). As a result, any minority who dares vote for a Republican must be a "sell out", a "traitor" to their race or a self-loathing individual. Before you tell me how untrue this is, keep in mind two things; one, I'm Black and have heard it all before and, two, there is an ample amount of documented evidence online of the above accusations being levied against Black conservatives/Republicans. Funny enough, the accusations always seem to come from the left to the right; never the right to a left. I mean, how often do you see a Black Democrat get labeled as an Uncle Tom? Rarely, if ever. But how often do you see a Black Republican get labeled an Uncle Tom? Quite often, and usually by other Blacks.

Just because you deny it doesn't mean it's untrue. In the mind of a liberal, gays, women and Blacks should *never* vote Republican because Republicans "hate" them. When confronted with the fact that certain people don't think the way the liberal thinks they should think, then the liberal goes into attack and shame mode. We see it all the time. Just look at some of the attacks against Black Republicans; they really make you stop and think who the real racists are.

SomeGuy, it's sad that you have to point out your ethnicity. This isn't against you, mind.
Just the fact alone it has to be brought up to prove a point.

SomeGuy, it's sad that you have to point out your ethnicity. This isn't against you, mind.
Just the fact alone it has to be brought up to prove a point.

Didn't you just point out you were asian?

I din't know it until you brought it up

Do you know why Herman Cain received such vitriol?

Because his fellow Republicans saw him as a threat. It wasn't the liberals who dredged up the Cain sex scandal. That all came from the right.

Liberals thought Cain was joke, just like the other candidates, so we gave him the same ridicule which we also inflicted on the other clowns. Unlike the patronizing conservative belief that all Republican minorities are far too delicate to face criticizism, liberals think minorities are just as capable of taking abuse as anyone else. Thus, we give them the same amount of abuse. As usual, liberals get points for consistency and color-blindness.

You were called ignorant by "many" Democrats because you are an Asian who did not vote for Obama? Is that what you are claiming?

Yes, and I'd show you, but I'm never going to open up my personal messages from Facebook to show the world.

It's amazing, isn't it?

I've been black all my life. The ONLY people that I have EVER had to defend myself against were democrats. Their little minds simply cannot perceive the notion that I want no part of the "freedom" from America that they think I somehow "need".

I look at them as ignorant, small-minded people who hate America and everything she stands for and I rarely give them a passing thought.

I've said it since I was a young man and I say it to this day, my 68th birthday: Democrats are the most racist people in this country. Period.

You were called ignorant by "many" Democrats because you are an Asian who did not vote for Obama? Is that what you are claiming?

Yes, and I'd show you, but I'm never going to open up my personal messages from Facebook to show the world.

It's amazing, isn't it?

I've been black all my life. The ONLY people that I have EVER had to defend myself against were democrats. Their little minds simply cannot perceive the notion that I want no part of the "freedom" from America that they think I somehow "need".

I look at them as ignorant, small-minded people who hate America and everything she stands for and I rarely give them a passing thought.

I've said it since I was a young man and I say it to this day, my 68th birthday: Democrats are the most racist people in this country. Period.

And you're FAR TOO OLD FOR THE INTERNET.
Naw I'm kidding.

You have provided some excellent examples here of how some exploit racism through dishonest analogies, incorrect inferences, and downright dishonest captions.

Take the captions for the illustrations you linked for instance:
Holocaust - never forget.
Pearl Harbor - never forget.
The Titanic - never forget.
Racism/slavery - just get over it.

This is absolutely how the Left keeps the fires of racism hot and inescapable.

No Conservative says to anybody, white or black, just get over it re racism and slavery. It was the most single mind, fundamentally religious, and do-gooder conservatives who demanded an end to racism after all.

But re the Holocaust - never forget does not mean to hate Germans the rest of your life and demand that continue to genuflect and be sorry and pay restitution forever. It means to understand how such a thing can happen and determine that it never be allowed to happen again. Certainly Jewish people have prospered and, of all people of the world, have contributed more to advancement of good things for humankind than any other specific culture can claim. Certainly modern Germans are not responsible for what their grandparents did to the Jews.

Re the Titanic - never forget does not mean to hate ship builders and trans Atlantic shipping corporation for all eternity. It means that we need to heed the advice of engineers and not ignore a plea for help. And shipping companies are not obligated to pay restritution for a bad thing 101 years ago.

Re Pearl Harbor - never forget does not mean to hate Japanese for all generations to come. Japan became one of our strongest allies and they really do not harbor any desire to bomb us now. But it means that we need to always be conscious of those who would harm us, and no to be caught unawares. If we had taken that more to heart, perhaps there would not have been a 9/11. And the modern Japanese owe us absolutely nothing at all because of Pearl Harbor.

Re slavery - nobody in America that I know of, not even the KKK, wants to return to slavery or the pre-civil rights era. But neither is any black person in America subjected to slavery by law these days. And black men like Walter Williams acknowledge that as terrible as slavery was and as cruel as it was and as indefensible as it was, he personally benefitted. He has prospered and enjoyed a great life because he is an American descended from those somebody dragged over here on a slave ship. In other words, none of us owe him anything other than respect as a self-reliant human being and American citizen.

You can listen to those who want to keep slavery alive and well and keep black people concious of how disadvantaged and incapable they are because their ancesters were slaves. You can keep them in the slavery of government dependence. . . .or. . . .

You can treat black people as intelligent, capable, and citizens worthy of respect as human beings.

Most conservatives choose the latter. Most liberals demand modern government slavery to be the norm.

As much as I respect your ability to articulate your arguments, and their basic soundness, I think you're missing something in this case.

1. In those links posted, conservatives aren't treating black people as you claim they do. I appreciate that you don't want to believe that, but it isn't possible to refute when there it is plain and in the open.

2. The black experience in the U.S. goes beyond slavery, obviously, as you know, in that they were disenfranchised, subject to Jim Crow laws, subject to legally required discrimination, and racism is still alive today as I just showed in those links above.

3. It seems silly to believe that Democrats want to keep black people dependent on government. That's tin foil hat conspiracy talk. Democrats want to use government to assist black people (even if you think its misguided- it isn't cynical) and although the 1 percent that are what Ronald Reagan called, "welfare queens", black people are just as ambitious as any of us white people. To say that they are dependent on government would be perceived as insulting to black people. Its the same as saying, "If you, majority of black people who aren't conservative, didn't get welfare you would be forced to make something of your life, because you aren't inclined to do anything with your life otherwise.

4. Its also silly to think anyone is telling black people to hate white people. Perhaps black people are scared of white people, of police, of people they perceive as "red necks", and understandably considering their past experiences. Maybe some black people fear white people, just like some white people fear them. And that fear translates into hate. So "not getting over slavery" isn't understanding black peoples' perspective. And that comes across as insensitive and that is a reputation Republicans have among those who aren't Republican.

It's amazing, isn't it?

And you're FAR TOO OLD FOR THE INTERNET.
Naw I'm kidding.

Yeah, I get that occasionally. I heard (on another forum) that "I couldn't be an old black guy because I was using a computer" - This from a liberal.

I started on a Commodore 64 back in the late 70s and have progressed through the Amiga, the PCs, and finally the MAC. I think I'll keep the Macs!

I also use an IPhone and, on occasion, actually text......oh the humanity.....

Yeah, I get that occasionally. I heard (on another forum) that "I couldn't be an old black guy because I was using a computer" - This from a liberal.

I started on a Commodore 64 back in the late 70s and have progressed through the Amiga, the PCs, and finally the MAC. I think I'll keep the Macs!

I also use an IPhone and, on occasion, actually text......oh the humanity.....

Oh I think I found our big disagreement. I hate Macs and Apple in general. Big respect for Steve Jobs, but I personally can't stand an Operating System I can't tinker with.

I'm glad you're in the "current" age. So many older people want nothing to do with computers and texting and the like. Even if it was some of their generation who pioneered it.

You have provided some excellent examples here of how some exploit racism through dishonest analogies, incorrect inferences, and downright dishonest captions.

No Conservative says to anybody, white or black, just get over it re racism and slavery. It was the most single mind, fundamentally religious, and do-gooder conservatives who demanded an end to racism after all.

But re the Holocaust - never forget does not mean to hate Germans the rest of your life and demand that continue to genuflect and be sorry and pay restitution forever. It means to understand how such a thing can happen and determine that it never be allowed to happen again. Certainly Jewish people have prospered and, of all people of the world, have contributed more to advancement of good things for humankind than any other specific culture can claim. Certainly modern Germans are not responsible for what their grandparents did to the Jews.

Re the Titanic - never forget does not mean to hate ship builders and trans Atlantic shipping corporation for all eternity. It means that we need to heed the advice of engineers and not ignore a plea for help. And shipping companies are not obligated to pay restritution for a bad thing 101 years ago.

Re Pearl Harbor - never forget does not mean to hate Japanese for all generations to come. Japan became one of our strongest allies and they really do not harbor any desire to bomb us now. But it means that we need to always be conscious of those who would harm us, and no to be caught unawares. If we had taken that more to heart, perhaps there would not have been a 9/11. And the modern Japanese owe us absolutely nothing at all because of Pearl Harbor.

Re slavery - nobody in America that I know of, not even the KKK, wants to return to slavery or the pre-civil rights era. But neither is any black person in America subjected to slavery by law these days. And black men like Walter Williams acknowledge that as terrible as slavery was and as cruel as it was and as indefensible as it was, he personally benefitted. He has prospered and enjoyed a great life because he is an American descended from those somebody dragged over here on a slave ship. In other words, none of us owe him anything other than respect as a self-reliant human being and American citizen.

You can listen to those who want to keep slavery alive and well and keep black people concious of how disadvantaged and incapable they are because their ancesters were slaves. You can keep them in the slavery of government dependence. . . .or. . . .

You can treat black people as intelligent, capable, and citizens worthy of respect as human beings.

Most conservatives choose the latter. Most liberals demand modern government slavery to be the norm.

As much as I respect your ability to articulate your arguments, and their basic soundness, I think you're missing something in this case.

1. In those links posted, conservatives aren't treating black people as you claim they do. I appreciate that you don't want to believe that, but it isn't possible to refute when there it is plain and in the open.

2. The black experience in the U.S. goes beyond slavery, obviously, as you know, in that they were disenfranchised, subject to Jim Crow laws, subject to legally required discrimination, and racism is still alive today as I just showed in those links above.

3. It seems silly to believe that Democrats want to keep black people dependent on government. That's tin foil hat conspiracy talk. Democrats want to use government to assist black people (even if you think its misguided- it isn't cynical) and although the 1 percent that are what Ronald Reagan called, "welfare queens", black people are just as ambitious as any of us white people. To say that they are dependent on government would be perceived as insulting to black people. Its the same as saying, "If you, majority of black people who aren't conservative, didn't get welfare you would be forced to make something of your life, because you aren't inclined to do anything with your life otherwise.

4. Its also silly to think anyone is telling black people to hate white people. Perhaps black people are scared of white people, of police, of people they perceive as "red necks", and understandably considering their past experiences. Maybe some black people fear white people, just like some white people fear them. And that fear translates into hate. So "not getting over slavery" isn't understanding black peoples' perspective. And that comes across as insensitive and that is a reputation Republicans have among those who aren't Republican.

I don't know your ethnicity. I am black. Frankly, I always find it amusing that, seemingly, liberal white folks like to make it their "duty" to tell us "black folks" why we should "hate Massa".

Look, I gave up "hate" when I left Vietnam. Now, granted, it may not fit into the liberal lefts "plan" for me, but I'll continue to vote for the party that I feel is right for my God, my Country and my family.

The left hasn't fit that category (for me) since JFK.

I don't know your ethnicity. I am black. Frankly, I always find it amusing that, seemingly, liberal white folks like to make it their "duty" to tell us "black folks" why we should "hate Massa".

Look, I gave up "hate" when I left Vietnam. Now, granted, it may not fit into the liberal lefts "plan" for me, but I'll continue to vote for the party that I feel is right for my God, my Country and my family.

I thought ethnicity didn't matter to conservatives?

I said nothing about black people hating massa. Don't misrepresent and also misunderstand my statement.

Yes, by all means blacks should embrace the party of family values. I hear the stampede coming...

Based on how their embracing the party of blame, excuses and dependency has worked out for them, the only direction from where they are would be up.

I thought ethnicity didn't matter to conservatives?

I said nothing about black people hating massa. Don't misrepresent and also misunderstand my statement.

I'll continue to judge based on what people do until I am dead. I point out reality and wish for better. What the fuck should I do? You can't fix a problem if you're not brave enough to point it out.

The left would love for me to be silent and accept the violence. Ethnicity doesn't really matter but cultural behavior certainly does. I would vote for west, ect. The number one problem is the left wants division in this country as that's how they get votes.

Do you know why Herman Cain received such vitriol? It wasn't because he was a Republican, but because he was a Black Republican. In the liberal mind, Republicans are racists, benefiting only Whites (look at this board and read some of the comments by the liberals around here). As a result, any minority who dares vote for a Republican must be a "sell out", a "traitor" to their race or a self-loathing individual.

True. Liberals that didn't give him the choice what he wanted, to be a man. He is a "black man" and since he doesn't follow their agenda he's to be destroyed. Actually he wanted to talk about his 9/9/9 plan. Economics. Who are the true racists? That answer is clear.

Forum List

Back