God Bless Black Conservatives

I thought ethnicity didn't matter to conservatives?

Quantitatively, the point is that ethnicity doesn't change policy. Whites and blacks have the same rules. It's the left that has different rules based on ethnicity.

Do you know why Herman Cain received such vitriol? It wasn't because he was a Republican, but because he was a Black Republican. In the liberal mind, Republicans are racists, benefiting only Whites (look at this board and read some of the comments by the liberals around here). As a result, any minority who dares vote for a Republican must be a "sell out", a "traitor" to their race or a self-loathing individual.

True. Liberals that didn't give him the choice what he wanted, to be a man. He is a "black man" and since he doesn't follow their agenda he's to be destroyed. Actually he wanted to talk about his 9/9/9 plan. Economics. Who are the true racists? That answer is clear.

I would of voted for him. On the other hand I certainly hope none of what the mass media said about him was even close to being true. :( He was very successful as a business man and had good idea's.

I'm blond hair, blue eyed. I'm also descended from the John Adams family. Note the one "d"... When I look at my past and the hate that liberals constantly pour on me it's sad. But when I hear black conservatives speak about the hatred they've endured from the lily white left as well as the black left, I realize how easy I've had it. 90% of blacks support dependency peddlers like Jesse Jackson and Obama. I feel like writing off the black community. But the 90% for dependency means there's 10% defying them, and they deserve our support and credit.

Black Conservatives had to recognize with an overpowering chorus that the chorus was wrong. Then they had to still advocate liberalism was wrong as they were personally attacked and every attempt was made to destroy them. I've never endured such a thing. Condie was called Aunt Jemima and barely conservative Colin Powell was called Uncle Tom. By the party that claims to support diversity. Yeah.

But the most vitriol went to Clarance Thomas. His crime? He said affirmative action was an insult, he can make it on his own. When leftist, obviously personally resentful Anita Hill accused him with not only no evidence but not even anyone who actually knew him and believed him capable of her accusations, it was accepted as fact.

So anyway,black conservatives, I would love to hear from you. We've heard endlessly from the black liberals. Even more from the lily white ones who love accusing us all of hating blacks because we don't think blacks should be treated differently. They won't shut up. I realize how easy I've had it. I'd just like to give you props. By name or not, well done. And godspeed.

- kaz

OMG??? You must have missed FOXNEWS Hannity black conservative town meeting. I was disgusting to see blacks letting themselves be used by the Right. Why a black conservative town hall meeting anyway if not to have blacks put down other blacks? Minority liberals get it from right wing media and from ALL conservatives. You really think Thomas, Carson, Cain, Rice, Obama, etc got where they are without affirmative actions and other entitlements? :cuckoo: When they get to the top they get uppity and forget how they got there and to hell with helping other black get there. How many Cosbys, Wests, Cains, Carsons,etc have you seen in black neighborhoods,etc talking UP to black young men and women?:evil:
Cosby talking about names black give their children and he made million of a name like Fat Albert. :evil:

You were called ignorant by "many" Democrats because you are an Asian who did not vote for Obama? Is that what you are claiming?

Yes, and I'd show you, but I'm never going to open up my personal messages from Facebook to show the world.

It's amazing, isn't it?

I've been black all my life. The ONLY people that I have EVER had to defend myself against were democrats. Their little minds simply cannot perceive the notion that I want no part of the "freedom" from America that they think I somehow "need".

I look at them as ignorant, small-minded people who hate America and everything she stands for and I rarely give them a passing thought.

I've said it since I was a young man and I say it to this day, my 68th birthday: Democrats are the most racist people in this country. Period.

You are not defending yourself here...you are attacking here. Don't you know that?

Yes, and I'd show you, but I'm never going to open up my personal messages from Facebook to show the world.

It's amazing, isn't it?

I've been black all my life. The ONLY people that I have EVER had to defend myself against were democrats. Their little minds simply cannot perceive the notion that I want no part of the "freedom" from America that they think I somehow "need".

I look at them as ignorant, small-minded people who hate America and everything she stands for and I rarely give them a passing thought.

I've said it since I was a young man and I say it to this day, my 68th birthday: Democrats are the most racist people in this country. Period.

You are not defending yourself here...you are attacking here. Don't you know?

Wrong. I'm relating MY experiences. I take it that you would rather that I just "kept my mouth shut", and just "get in line", right?

I was disgusting to see blacks letting themselves be used by the Right

Blacks telling liberals to go pound dirt because they don't want their handouts or the bar lowered for them, they want to do it themselves.

Wow, you're right. That is allowing themselves to be used by the right. Good point there.

:cuckoo:

It's amazing, isn't it?

You are not defending yourself here...you are attacking here. Don't you know that?

I take it that none of you have ever applied for welfare or food stamps because you would not be talking as if it was handed out at to anyone who just wanted them. Most people who do qualify don't go through the hell of filling out 35 pages of giving your grannie's bank statement. Getting a statement from your next door neighbor that you need them. Entitlements don't come on silver platters for the taking. I worked in social services welfare system. Everything has to be documented and the document documented. :cuckoo:

You were called ignorant by "many" Democrats because you are an Asian who did not vote for Obama? Is that what you are claiming?

I'm sorry, dude....I have trouble with this one. I don't want to see your Facebook page....but I am politically active and married into a politically active Asian family and this has never come up once in 30 years.

I'm blond hair, blue eyed. I'm also descended from the John Adams family. Note the one "d"... When I look at my past and the hate that liberals constantly pour on me it's sad. But when I hear black conservatives speak about the hatred they've endured from the lily white left as well as the black left, I realize how easy I've had it. 90% of blacks support dependency peddlers like Jesse Jackson and Obama. I feel like writing off the black community. But the 90% for dependency means there's 10% defying them, and they deserve our support and credit.

Black Conservatives had to recognize with an overpowering chorus that the chorus was wrong. Then they had to still advocate liberalism was wrong as they were personally attacked and every attempt was made to destroy them. I've never endured such a thing. Condie was called Aunt Jemima and barely conservative Colin Powell was called Uncle Tom. By the party that claims to support diversity. Yeah.

But the most vitriol went to Clarance Thomas. His crime? He said affirmative action was an insult, he can make it on his own. When leftist, obviously personally resentful Anita Hill accused him with not only no evidence but not even anyone who actually knew him and believed him capable of her accusations, it was accepted as fact.

So anyway,black conservatives, I would love to hear from you. We've heard endlessly from the black liberals. Even more from the lily white ones who love accusing us all of hating blacks because we don't think blacks should be treated differently. They won't shut up. I realize how easy I've had it. I'd just like to give you props. By name or not, well done. And godspeed.

- kaz

The MSM says that "black conservatives" are a mythical creature like bigfoot.

I take it that none of you have ever applied for welfare or food stamps because you would not be talking as if it was handed out at to anyone who just wanted them. Most people who do qualify don't go through the hell of filling out 35 pages of giving your grannie's bank statement. Getting a statement from your next door neighbor that you need them. Entitlements don't come on silver platters for the taking. I worked in social services welfare system. Everything has to be documented and the document documented. :cuckoo:

An enlightened white realizes blacks can't do it on their own so they need handouts and a lower bar. An enlightened black realizes the system is to bigoted and biased against them and they have no chance, so they take it. Blacks who make it on their own and advocate other blacks do the same are full of hate for their fellow blacks and are just slaves to whites and so need to be destroyed.

I'll pass on your enlightenment. BTW, did you know a black man made it all the way to President? And not even a particularly bright one. Maybe we're not the ones living in the 50s. Maybe you are. Just a thought.

It's amazing, isn't it?

I don't know if your putting that question to me, but no, I have never taken a penny from the government for welfare, unemployment, food stamps, AFDIC, - none of it. I DO, however, receive a pension from the Untied States Army for 23 years of active service.

If "conservatism" in the USA is defined by adherence to Christian principles and family values
there are more conservative Blacks than you might think!

African-Americans Most Religiously Devout Group

Christian Post said:
When it comes to social issues, the African-American community is nearly split on abortion, with 49 percent favoring to keep abortion legal in most or all cases, and 44 percent wanting abortion to be illegal in most or all cases.

The African-American ratio is similar to that of the general public (51 percent vs. 42 percent).

On the issue of homosexuality, 41 percent of the black community thinks it should be accepted by society, while 46 percent say that homosexuality should be discouraged.

In comparison, the overall public is more open to accepting homosexuality (50 percent vs. 40 percent).

African-Americans belonging to evangelical churches are the most likely to say homosexuality should be discouraged by society (58 percent), while religiously unaffiliated African-Americans are least likely to discourage homosexuality (32 percent).

The Landscape survey shows that across all religious groups, at least two-thirds of African-Americans voice support for the Democratic Party. Meanwhile, less than half (47 percent) of the general U.S. population describes themselves as Democrats or leaning towards the Democratic Party. Slightly more than a third (35 percent) of the total population identify with the Republican Party.

Religious affiliation did not make a major impact on political party affiliation among African-Americans, the Pew Forum analysis shows.

Clearly, the reason most Conservative Backs vote for Democrats is because they can remember recent history. During the Civil Rights Era, all of the white racist groups in America seemed to abandon the Democratic Party and affiliate themselves with the Republicans. With the political cleansing of the Democrat Party through white racist attrition, the only real choice for change ( equal rights, civil rights, more opportunity etc.,) was through that venue. Black Christian conservatives, in the true meaning of the word, were not comfortable with many of their fellow white Democrats who espoused views on many issues that were diametrically opposed to their own. But the common thread that bound them was the need for social and political change.

Predictably, a group of angry white males emerged led by Rush Limbaugh, Mike Savage, FAUX NEWS and Drudge. They attempted to turn the word "liberal in to a dirty word and used it pejoratively to define anyone who voted Democrat. The overwhelming majority of Conservative Black Democrats were joined by an equally conservative ally, the Hispanics. But the real key to success lay in the influx of white women who had recently been freed from their own brand of second class citizenship.

Read more at African-Americans Most Religiously Devout Group

I don't know your ethnicity. I am black. Frankly, I always find it amusing that, seemingly, liberal white folks like to make it their "duty" to tell us "black folks" why we should "hate Massa".

Look, I gave up "hate" when I left Vietnam. Now, granted, it may not fit into the liberal lefts "plan" for me, but I'll continue to vote for the party that I feel is right for my God, my Country and my family.

The left hasn't fit that category (for me) since JFK.

I thought ethnicity didn't matter to conservatives?

I said nothing about black people hating massa. Don't misrepresent and also misunderstand my statement.

I'll continue to judge based on what people do until I am dead. I point out reality and wish for better. What the fuck should I do? You can't fix a problem if you're not brave enough to point it out.

The left would love for me to be silent and accept the violence. Ethnicity doesn't really matter but cultural behavior certainly does. I would vote for west, ect. The number one problem is the left wants division in this country as that's how they get votes.

What does anything you wrote have anything to do with what I wrote?

The last thing liberals want is for you to be silent. It helps your side lose elections.

If you support gun rights aren't you dividing people?
If you support increasing retirement benefits are you pitting the old against the young?

Every political position has those it helps and those it hurts. That is not pitting groups against eachother but acknowledging the needs of one group that may be at the expense of another. You can't make all of the people happy all of the time

No. If I support gun rights it is because I believe all Americans, without distinction of race, ethncity, socioeconomic status, or political party should have the unalienable right to self protection and support the constitutional provision that protects that right.

If you would take away some or all of my gun rights though, the only reason I can think of for you to do that is to restrict my rights because you think I cannot be trusted with such a right. And THAT can definitely be a divisive concept just as assuming black people are incapable of takiing care of themselves and must have special government oversight is divisive and promotes racism.

Since I oppose retirement benefits or any other government benefits provided at the expense to forcibly taking resources from somebody else, and I believe everybody should look to and provide their own retirement, your second illustration is a red herring. You might say it is divisive if I believe that you are not entitled to what I earn just because you are you. But that's a different debate.

Can you name a single major issue facing this country that is not divisive?

No matter which issue you support you are automatically divided from those who oppose it

Maybe in your world. Not in mine. I look at true conservatives as the group of Founders who spent years hammering out the basis, the wording, the principles, and concepts that went into the U.S. Constitution. They certainly did not unanimously agree on a single phrase or clause, but continued to study massive documents of history, they debated, they conversed privately and made speeches, they wrote letters to each other, and argued for years.

They all shared one single goal--a nation in which the people would have their unalienable rights recognized and protected and would be free to chart their own destinies.

The process to accomplish that was tedious, messy, sometimes rankorous because they did not all agree on what policy and structure would accomplish that. But as long as they focused on their shared goal, it was not divisive.

We may not all agree on the best way to regulate guns in our society, but if our goal is to make the citizenry safer, the debates and process to arrive at a point we can all agree on does not have to be divisive. It WILL be divisive if one group wants more power and for another group to have less power.

We may not all agree on the best way to plan for retirement for our citizens, but the process of figuring that out doesn't have to be divisive. It WILL be divisive if one group wants to assume the authority to require one group to be provider for another.

We may not all agree on the best way to end racism once and for all, but having the discussion does not have to be divisive if we share the same goal. It WILL be divisive if one group wants to end racism, and another group wants to keep it alive and well in order to protect their voter base.

black conservatives may well help save this nation from marxist collectivist downfall.

Please continue speaking out.

They do, but sadly the black community regretfully, sadly and hopelessly mired in the swamp of Obama worship to hear them, read them or listen to them.

They prefer Al Sharpton to Alan West, Eugene Robinson to Larry Elder, Maxine Waters to Condi Rice, Jesse Jackson to Thomas Sowell, Cynthia Tucker to Star Parker and so on.

Sad, really.

Thanks for the laugh!!! Did you take a poll of all of "the Blacks"? What percentage of "the Blacks" follow Al Sharpton?

An expectation toward who from who based on what?

Do you think I expect Herman Cain to vote Democratic?

Try harder.

I think you should take your own advice.

Do you know why Herman Cain received such vitriol? It wasn't because he was a Republican, but because he was a Black Republican. In the liberal mind, Republicans are racists, benefiting only Whites (look at this board and read some of the comments by the liberals around here). As a result, any minority who dares vote for a Republican must be a "sell out", a "traitor" to their race or a self-loathing individual. Before you tell me how untrue this is, keep in mind two things; one, I'm Black and have heard it all before and, two, there is an ample amount of documented evidence online of the above accusations being levied against Black conservatives/Republicans. Funny enough, the accusations always seem to come from the left to the right; never the right to a left. I mean, how often do you see a Black Democrat get labeled as an Uncle Tom? Rarely, if ever. But how often do you see a Black Republican get labeled an Uncle Tom? Quite often, and usually by other Blacks.

Just because you deny it doesn't mean it's untrue. In the mind of a liberal, gays, women and Blacks should *never* vote Republican because Republicans "hate" them. When confronted with the fact that certain people don't think the way the liberal thinks they should think, then the liberal goes into attack and shame mode. We see it all the time. Just look at some of the attacks against Black Republicans; they really make you stop and think who the real racists are.

No, it's because he maligned Black people who vote Democrat with insulting blanket generalizations like "Blacks are on a plantation(democrat)" "Blacks are brainwashed into voting democrat." Add west, carson, and a few other "Black conservatives" who are popular amongst white conservatives who say the same insulting and inaccurate things about Black people.

Forum List

Back