God told Mike Johnson he's the new moses

Can you say you love someone and still be bigoted against them?
Who am I bigoted against?

We are allowed to be ”bigoted” against people for their actions.

By the way, I noticed you couldn’t back up your claim with an actual biblical quote.

I have never argued they supported that nor was that the original claim.

I am not discussing Johnson who I believe to be a fraud. I'm asking for support of the "right to be free of religion".

I believe we have made clear there is no right.
Conservatives use religious dogma to ‘justify’ their agenda of racism, bigotry, and hate – hence the Framers’ prohibition.

Yea, if only he was an atheist transgender queer pedo. Then the left would love him.
The ‘left’ has no problem with religious kooks; they’re at liberty to believe whatever nonsense they like.

The problem is when they try to codify that nonsense in secular law all citizens are subject to, in violation of the First Amendment.

Wrong.

We were founded as a secular nation.

Indeed, the Framers codified the Establishment Clause to protect Americans from the Christo-fascist right.
Incorrect, we were founded as a free nation, complete with the ability to express our faith however we see fit, without repercussions from godless heathen such as yourself. We were not founded to exclude people of faith from serving in the highest position on the land.

I disagree I believe you simply suppress it to allow yourself to live a life without thought of consequences

So, when we are discussing MY beliefs, you somehow know better than I do? That is hilarious.

And there are always consequences to any action.

Incorrect, we were founded as a free nation, complete with the ability to express our faith however we see fit, without repercussions from godless heathen such as yourself. We were not founded to exclude people of faith from serving in the highest position on the land.

Has anyone ever been excluded for having faith?

We were founded by men who had seen what a theocracy can do to people.

I am free to live my life without faith in the unseen, without repercussions from religious fanatics.

So, when we are discussing MY beliefs, you somehow know better than I do? That is hilarious.

And there are always consequences to any action.
Never said that, I said I know you believe, it's why you are so nasty, because deep down you know the truth, and you lash out because you are disappointed with yourself for allowing sin to reign in your mortal body!

Has anyone ever been excluded for having faith?

We were founded by men who had seen what a theocracy can do to people.

I am free to live my life without faith in the unseen, without repercussions from religious fanatics.
Who said you weren't but it drives you crazy that you aren't allowed to be a fascist and keep good moral people from espousing their own beliefs because in their doing so it reminds you of your innate knowledge of God and how you are living contrary to his way!

Golfing Gator does not believe in God and its useless to reason with him otherwise

Yet he expects others to acknowledge that Johnson is a fool for thinking that God 'talks to him', he wants to belittle him for that comment, and label him crazy without any understanding of the context in which he was speaking. You can't 'reason' with a fool.

Yet he expects others to acknowledge that Johnson is a fool for thinking that God 'talks to him', he wants to belittle him for that comment, and label him crazy without any understanding of the context in which he was speaking. You can't 'reason' with a fool.

God talks to people. He cares less about our politics though. Johnson will come and go and what would that actually say about what God wants?

Who said you weren't but it drives you crazy that you aren't allowed to be a fascist and keep good moral people from espousing their own beliefs because in their doing so it reminds you of your innate knowledge of God and how you are living contrary to his way!

Again you try to tell me what I believe.

I have never tried to keep people from espousing their beliefs. In fact, I will fight for their right to worship as they choose.

Just like I will fight to keep any religious dogma from being made into laws.

I am proud to have participated in shutting judge Roy Moore's monument of the 10 Commandments out of the Alabama Supreme Courthouse lobby.

He thought it wouldn't get out because they banned the press from the event.

He's dangerously insane and must be removed ASAP.

House Speaker Mike Johnson, whose grand vision for America includes transforming every uterus in the country into a Pez dispenser, is convinced he’s the North American Moses who will lead his people to the Promised Land. What Promised Land does he mean? Who really knows? It could be Mexico, which many Republicans are now intent on invading—prompting bizarro headlines in serious journals like Foreign Policy, which in early November weirdly admonished, “America Shouldn’t Invade Mexico.”

But who really knows what’s going on in Johnson’s head late at night when he gets these flashes of insight? He thinks he’s talking to God, though it’s marginally more likely his wife installed Alexa without telling him.

Forum List

Back