GOP Poll: Women Think Republican Party Is 'Stuck In The Past'

Shutting down Planned Parenthood clinics is denying women access to birth control and it is happening all across the red states under Republican control.
The drama. Federal funding has been cut. If they cant survive without huge chunks of tax payer money then why do they deserve to.

Some hints to Republicans in reaching women

1. Women who use birth control are not sluts
2. Birth control is a good thing for women and our society
3. Women in the workforce want a level playing field
4. A woman who is raped (legitimately or otherwise) wants access to abortion

Again, you are arguing with the voices in your head. No republican OR conservative promotes your list in any form.

Now you stupid fuck. Show Me where anyone has denied a woman access to birth control.

OK lets go there with Republican/Conservative values regarding birth control

1. Block sex education
2. Attempt to ban Planned Parenthood
3. Allow employers to decide what birth control their employees can use
4. File a lawsuit against Obamacares requiring insurers to cover birth control
5. Complain about insurance companies that offer free birth control
Again, not a word of it is true.

Not a one wants to block sex education.
Planned Parenthood should not be paid by tax dollars, nothing about banning them.
No employer has ever decided what birth control an employee can use
Obamacare covering birth control for 90 year old men is fucking stupid AND has nothing to do with denying access to birth control.
I've never heard a complaint from ANYONE about insurance companies offering free birth control

Now, how does your list deny access to birth control for women?

Sorry guys...just trying to help you with your "women problem"

Telling people...if you want birth control, don't ask me go get it yourself

I do not want to pay for your sex

Is KILLING your party. It makes you seem like you are still in the 19th century. Get over your compulsion with sex. Stay out of peoples bedrooms. Enter the 21st century....it is not that scary

I sure as hell do!

As a taxpayer and health insurance customer, I would much rather pay for FREE birth control for anyone that wants it than pay for more abortion, unwanted children, added maternity costs, increased welfare costs
I am really beginning to think that you do not understand the English language at all.

YOU would much rather pay. No one is stopping you. Keep your hands off of My policy AND wallet.

Again...how is anyone denied access?

Get with it

Birth Control is GOOD.

Paying for Birth Control is GOOD for everyone

<can someone just shoot me? for Gods sake, why are conservatives still so backwards?>

Is KILLING your party. It makes you seem like you are still in the 19th century. Get over your compulsion with sex. Stay out of peoples bedrooms. Enter the 21st century....it is not that scary

Again, nothing of your reply is remotely truthful. If it is hurting the Republicans (not My party) it is because they lack the balls to call out the left when they make deceitful statements as you have done in this thread.

I sure as hell do!

As a taxpayer and health insurance customer, I would much rather pay for FREE birth control for anyone that wants it than pay for more abortion, unwanted children, added maternity costs, increased welfare costs
I am really beginning to think that you do not understand the English language at all.

YOU would much rather pay. No one is stopping you. Keep your hands off of My policy AND wallet.

Again...how is anyone denied access?

Get with it

Birth Control is GOOD.

<can someone just shoot me? for Gods sake, why are conservatives still so backwards?>
Yes. Birth control IS good. Paying for it is even better. So, go out and pay for it. Just don't ask Me to. I have no need for it any longer.

Oh, and stop lying about women being denied access. They clearly are not.

Again, you are arguing with the voices in your head. No republican OR conservative promotes your list in any form.

Access. Do you even know what the fucking word means?

access

[ak-ses]
noun
the ability, right, or permission to approach, enter, speak with, or use; admittance:
They have access to the files.
the state or quality of being approachable:
The house was difficult of access.
a way or means of approach:
The only access to the house was a rough dirt road.
Theology. approach to God through Jesus Christ.
an attack or onset, as of a disease.
a sudden and strong emotional outburst.

Now you stupid fuck. Show Me where anyone has denied a woman access to birth control.

Shutting down Planned Parenthood clinics is denying women access to birth control and it is happening all across the red states under Republican control.
An outright lie.

Planned Parenthood is NOT the only place to get birth control. Care to lie some more?

It's the only place poor women can get it.

Red states didn't expand medicaid and didn't set up their exchange. So there are a lot of uninsured people left in the red states.

No private doctor office is going to accept a patient who doesn't have insurance. They refer those patients to planned parenthood. Planned parenthood provides medical services on a sliding scale depending on what the person can pay.

When you close planned parenthood, you take away access to birth control from millions of poor women.

...Does anyone honestly expect that Republicans will "deal honestly with any disagreement on abortion"?...
Why not?

Have they (as a group) not honestly stated their opposition to abortion, over the years?

Or are they only being honest if they agree with you?

...I don't.
Thank you for your personal opinion on the subject.

Kondor is missing the point. Dealing "honestly with any disagreement" does not mean stubbornly objecting and doing everything in their power to deny women their Constitutional right to privacy. Instead "dealing honestly" means acknowledging that not everyone agrees that "life begins at conception" and for those that don't they should be allowed to exercise their rights as they deem fit without being vilified.
I disagree (I think).

I understand the distinction that you are trying to make.

I also believe that you are abusing the definition of 'honest dealing' here.

Honest dealing, to my tiny little mind, means conducting one's self openly in support of one's viewpoint.

Honest dealing, in your mind, appears to mean conceding the point (to each one's own), in a functional sense.

If one believes that life begins at conception, then ending such life is a Wrong Thing.

One cannot be true to one's self and one's values by conceding the field to Evil (doers of Wrong Things).

Most especially when dealing with (perceived) Human Life.

So long as one is open and above-board about one's opinion in such matters, one is dealing honestly.

At least, according to any functional definition that I've ever encountered.

Or so it seems to this observer.

You are dealing with religious absolutes that don't allow for compromise.
Nolo contendere.

...Religious absolutes are not allowed to dictate government policy...
Historically, this is not accurate.

Until Roe v. Wade, the 'absolute' about life-begins-at-conception was, indeed, dictating government policy, for decades (centuries).

Until the past few years, the 'absolute' about homosexuality being an evil and unnatural practice was, indeed, dictating government policy for decades (centuries, millenia) - as evidenced by sodomy laws.

...The compromise is to follow your own conscience as far as what you can control which is yourself...
Holders of such viewpoints will tell you that no compromise with Evil is possible.

...You have no right to impose your religious absolutes on others who don't share your religious beliefs. ..
Theoretically, this is true.

In practice, and certainly, historically, this is untrue.

The United States is what I would call a Secularized Christian Country - in effect, populated largely by adherents of Christianity, in its various and diverse forms, and by the descendants of such adherents; descended from immigrants from nations dominated by that particular belief system, and whose laws, culture, etc., are absolutely saturated with the mores and beliefs and practices of an earlier Christendom, even though our own secularization effort is more than two centuries old, and even though we tend to lose sight of just how heavily our society leans upon a secularized adaptation of that belief system's heritage and traditions.

...That is how the Constitution works...
Indeed.

And we, as a People, are in a constant state of flux, in finding a balance between Religious Influence and non-sectarian, secularized public behaviors and law and practices.

...If you don't like it change the Constitution...
Personally, I'm quite content with our tradition of Separation of Church and State. You are preaching to the choir.

...Until then you have an obligation to obey the Law of the Land...
Agreed.

...and allow others to exercise their rights as they see fit...
Unless you perceive that they are doing Evil and Wrong Things, in which case it is one's right to advocate for and attempt to bar or prohibit or inhibit or impede or minimize or ameliorate or negate such Evil or Wrongdoing to the maximum extent one can attain within a legal framework.

...Anything else is dishonesty and unAmerican.
No.

Openly working to bar or prohibit or impede (etc) Evil or Wrongdoing, without disguising one's viewpoint or activity, is 'honesty' in both a literal and figurative sense of the word.

Sorry.

And, as to being un-American, well...

It is not un-American to seek to bar or prohibit or impede Evil or Wrongdoing within the framework of The Law, either at the Statutory or Constitutional level.

As a matter of fact, that's as American as Mom and Apple Pie... a long-standing, time-honored tradition.

Referring to the Constitutional Rights of Americans as "Evil or Wrongdoing" is unAmerican.

Secondly you are wrong about the historical time frame predating RvW. It was never "centuries". Abortion has been around for thousands of years and it was only in the 1880's with the passage of the Comstock act that abortion became illegal.

So abortion was legal when this nation was founded and none of the Founding Fathers saw fit to call it "Evil or Wrongdoing" and exclude it from the rights secured for individuals in the Constitution. No amount of revisionist history on your part is going to alter the facts!

OK lets go there with Republican/Conservative values regarding birth control

1. Block sex education
2. Attempt to ban Planned Parenthood
3. Allow employers to decide what birth control their employees can use
4. File a lawsuit against Obamacares requiring insurers to cover birth control
5. Complain about insurance companies that offer free birth control
Again, not a word of it is true.

Not a one wants to block sex education.
Planned Parenthood should not be paid by tax dollars, nothing about banning them.
No employer has ever decided what birth control an employee can use
Obamacare covering birth control for 90 year old men is fucking stupid AND has nothing to do with denying access to birth control.
I've never heard a complaint from ANYONE about insurance companies offering free birth control

Now, how does your list deny access to birth control for women?

What you are suggesting is akin to a woman who doesn't want her child's father to be allowed to make any decisions regarding the child's life, but DOES want that child support.

IF you want my money , be prepared for me to want to have a say in how that money is spent.

It's that simple.

Birth Control is GOOD.

Who denies that?
True, stealing is always wrong

Sure, but then you would just cry victim. Again

So all those men who can no longer have sex without a pill or a penis pump are stealing from you?

You're paying for them to have sex yet I have not heard one word from any conservative condemning men stealing your money just to have sex.

Seems to me you want to pay for men to be able to have sex but you don't want to pay for women to not get pregnant from having that sex with the man who used a pill or penis pump tax dollars or insurance paid for.

But then I doubt you or any other conservative will see that fact.

Birth Control is GOOD.

Who denies that?

So all those men who can no longer have sex without a pill or a penis pump are stealing from you?

You're paying for them to have sex yet I have not heard one word from any conservative condemning men stealing your money just to have sex.

Seems to me you want to pay for men to be able to have sex but you don't want to pay for women to not get pregnant from having that sex with the man who used a pill or penis pump tax dollars or insurance paid for.

uh what? Insurance , which is no FREE to anyone who can't afford it, will pay for your birth control if prescribed by a doctor, why won't you admit that fact?

Access. Do you even know what the fucking word means?

access

[ak-ses]
noun
the ability, right, or permission to approach, enter, speak with, or use; admittance:
They have access to the files.
the state or quality of being approachable:
The house was difficult of access.
a way or means of approach:
The only access to the house was a rough dirt road.
Theology. approach to God through Jesus Christ.
an attack or onset, as of a disease.
a sudden and strong emotional outburst.

An outright lie.

Planned Parenthood is NOT the only place to get birth control. Care to lie some more?

Get back to us when you return to planet earth. :cuckoo:

Birth Control is GOOD.

Who denies that?

uh what? Insurance , which is no FREE to anyone who can't afford it, will pay for your birth control if prescribed by a doctor, why won't you admit that fact?

Dana, honest question. Why do you come on here just to scream your opinion then dislike anything anyone says differently? What's the point?

Birth Control is GOOD.

Who denies that?

So you agree stealing is wrong?

With all the crap you just threw at the wall I am not sure you agree at all.

...Referring to the Constitutional Rights of Americans as "Evil or Wrongdoing" is unAmerican...
Incorrect.

Referring to aberrant or unnatural behaviors as Evil or Wrongdoing is as American as apple pie.

Attempting to remove one's ability to engage in such behaviors by using the law is also as American as apple pie.

Taking the law into one's own hands is un-American.

Attempting to tweak, amend, repeal or reverse statute or judicial rulings which allow such behaviors is completely and entirely American and in the best traditions of our Republic and the Rule of Law within our society.

...Secondly you are wrong about the historical time frame predating RvW. It was never 'centuries'. Abortion has been around for thousands of years and it was only in the 1880's with the passage of the Comstock act that abortion became illegal...
Then I'm wrong.

It's decades rather than centuries.

Doesn't impact upon the perception on the part of a large part of the population that such so-called Infanticide is an Evil and Wrong thing.

Doesn't impact upon the legal and wholly 'American' efforts to bar such activity.

...So abortion was legal when this nation was founded and none of the Founding Fathers saw fit to call it "Evil or Wrongdoing" and exclude it from the rights secured for individuals in the Constitution. No amount of revisionist history on your part is going to alter the facts!
Legal does not mean Good or Right.

And that is what seems to be at-stake here.

Although, if memory serves correctly, even though Abortion was not illegal, per se, on the Federal level, it was perceived for a very long time as within the purview of the individual States, most of whom had their own 'local' laws barring such activity within their own borders.

So... yes, and no,methinks.

Oh, and, I'm not into Revisionist History myself, just to be clear, and, I see no evidence of that in any of mine, above.

The drama. Federal funding has been cut. If they cant survive without huge chunks of tax payer money then why do they deserve to.

Your compassion for your less fortunate fellow Americans is overwhelming.

It isn't just federal funding that has been cut. It is red states passing laws making it impossible to operate PP clinics without onerous and expensive overheads.

You are whining that single mothers are getting pregnant while denying them access to contraception. That is called blaming the victims for their predicament. If you don't want abortions then provide contraception instead. That is the fiscally responsible way to deal with the situation. Instead you screech that you are "paying for them to have sex" and want to punish them by getting pregnant. Then you are outraged when they want to do the responsible thing and have an abortion because they cannot afford to raise the child. So you cut off their access to abortion clinics and then whine about "generational poverty" that is the result of your own stupidity.

If you want to end this cycle then do the responsible thing and provide access to effective contraception to your less fortunate brethren instead of berating them because they were born into poverty and you weren't.

Your compassion for your less fortunate fellow Americans is overwhelming.

It isn't just federal funding that has been cut. It is red states passing laws making it impossible to operate PP clinics without onerous and expensive overheads.

You are whining that single mothers are getting pregnant while denying them access to contraception. That is called blaming the victims for their predicament. If you don't want abortions then provide contraception instead. That is the fiscally responsible way to deal with the situation. Instead you screech that you are "paying for them to have sex" and want to punish them by getting pregnant. Then you are outraged when they want to do the responsible thing and have an abortion because they cannot afford to raise the child. So you cut off their access to abortion clinics and then whine about "generational poverty" that is the result of your own stupidity.

If you want to end this cycle then do the responsible thing and provide access to effective contraception to your less fortunate brethren instead of berating them because they were born into poverty and you weren't.

OR , you could do something to end "the cycle" by encouraging poor people to use birth control.

how hard is it? I mean really?

Poor =/= stupid so I know they are smart enough to know what causes pregnancy.

Forum List

Back