Gun owner...first shot kills homem invader...literally, his first shot...

If the guy (Dunn) in Florida that shot and killed the young man in the back seat of a car over loud music, had a 17 round mag in his gun instead of that punky ass 10 shot mag, maybe he would have got the death penalty instead of life in prison.

What a fine example of gun ownership. 47yo and spending the rest of his life in jail. Why? Cause he thought he was a bad ass with a gun.

At the very least the trial was a fine example that our laws still work. Sometimes.

A retired attorney posts like he is 12 years old? Sure you are.
well here is the deal. put up or shut up. I prove my claims and you say donate 20K to a charity of my choice. I fail and I do the same for yours

wanna play, Fool?

So you want to prove you are an adult who posts like a 12 year old, and you're calling me a fool? Haha
You're wrong and you're right! Your schooling is inadequate.

You have any links yet of anyone needing a hi cap magazine for defense?

Listen to this story son- How many rounds would it have took to kill this thug?

-Geaux

She is not supposed to kill him, she is defending herself. And it was done quite effectively with a revolver. Another great example of a defense not needing a hi cap magazine.

The reporters are quite wrong btw. This guy clearly did all he could to determine nobody was home. He was not looking for her, he was looking for valuables in what he thought was an empty house. This guy did not want to be shot, he probably would have run if he knew she was armed, no shooting necessary.

I'm glad things worked out of that old couple, I really am, but anyone who has a gun for self defense purposes and doesn't train with it is an idiot.

This one story doesn't change that.
I agree. I love that their first ever shot went right where they wanted it to, but if I were in their position, I'd want to get some practice in at some point to lessen my chances of screwing up if I had to put that gun to use again sometime later on. :) :) :)

God bless you and the couple always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

stop lying moron

high capacity is a term you apparently do not have the capacity to understand

I am giving facts.
wrong

calling them high capacity" is a lie

Call them any mags that hold more than 10 rounds then if it makes you feel better. So half of all mass shooters used magazines that held more than 10 rounds.

stop lying moron

I am giving facts.
wrong

Call them any mags that hold more than 10 rounds then if it makes you feel better. So half of all mass shooters used magazines that held more than 10 rounds.

every major police department issues such magazines

that alone is irrefutable proof such weapons are useful to other civilians for self defense.

your seething dishonesty is pretending mass shooters are a big deal. Mass shooters are a small drop in the amount of murders and the vast majority of murders don't involve normal capacity magazines. SO you are being dishonest by trying to use a tautology to prove your stupid points

its like saying "all murders involving assault weapons involved assault weapons when in reality that is less than 2 percent of all murders

stop lying moron

I am giving facts.
wrong

that alone is irrefutable proof such weapons are useful to other civilians for self defense.

your seething dishonesty is pretending mass shooters are a big deal. Mass shooters are a small drop in the amount of murders and the vast majority of murders don't involve normal capacity magazines. SO you are being dishonest by trying to use a tautology to prove your stupid points

its like saying "all murders involving assault weapons involved assault weapons when in reality that is less than 2 percent of all murders

Again, law enforcement have to apprehend criminals. That is completely different than defending. The woman with the .38 revolver successfully defended herself against 3 armed criminals. A police officer would have to do much more and try to apprehend those 3 criminals. A .38 revolver is extremely effective for defense.

So far you haven't been able to come up with a single person needing a hi cap magazine for defense. So it seems that is much more rare than mass shooters.

stop lying moron

I am giving facts.
wrong

Again, law enforcement have to apprehend criminals. That is completely different than defending. The woman with the .38 revolver successfully defended herself against 3 armed criminals. A police officer would have to do much more and try to apprehend those 3 criminals. A .38 revolver is extremely effective for defense.

So far you haven't been able to come up with a single person needing a hi cap magazine for defense. So it seems that is much more rare than mass shooters.

I don't have to. and given your obvious lack of expertise about firearms tactics you need to STFU.

I teach police officers this stuff, I teach other civilians this stuff. and civilians who are targeted for attack by criminals need more rounds than police officers

you need to prove that there is absolutely NO CHANCE that a civilian who is not a cop will ever NEED more than 10 rounds

if you cannot, your rantings should cease

and since there is no downside to an HONEST CITIZEN packing 18 rounds in a pistol over 10, prudence demands you have as many or more rounds as the criminals who might attack you

Your dishonesty is patent. You don't care about public safety

You want to harass gun owners and incrementally ban our guns

that puts you in the same category with criminals

This story is why guns are so important as a defensive tool....this is a 70 year old man who never fired a gun before...ever....a home invader breaks into this couples house, points the shotgun and orders the 70 year old man to get on the ground....

Defensive Gun Use of the Day OK Gun Owner s First Ever Shot Takes Down Shotgun Burglar Edition - The Truth About Guns

Cardell says he did not have any experience using a firearm.

“No! That’s my first time shooting a gun,” he said.

Frances said they bought the gun hoping to never need it, but now she’s glad it was there.

“This is something we never dreamed would have happened in our lifetime,” Frances said.

the anti gunners don't understand...firearms are not that hard to use...sure...more training is better than no training....but very little training is no bar from deploying a gun effectively....in most self defense cases, you aren't going to find people who train like navy seals....they tend to be average people with little to no training, and they use the guns to save lives and stop violent criminal attacks....that is why the gun replaced the sword, and spear and why they are so important for the weak, the old, the injured, the ambushed and the individual facing multiple attackers....no other weapon makes people equal the way a gun does....

I am literally masturbating with glee...

This story is why guns are so important as a defensive tool....this is a 70 year old man who never fired a gun before...ever....a home invader breaks into this couples house, points the shotgun and orders the 70 year old man to get on the ground....

Defensive Gun Use of the Day OK Gun Owner s First Ever Shot Takes Down Shotgun Burglar Edition - The Truth About Guns

Cardell says he did not have any experience using a firearm.

“No! That’s my first time shooting a gun,” he said.

Frances said they bought the gun hoping to never need it, but now she’s glad it was there.

“This is something we never dreamed would have happened in our lifetime,” Frances said.

the anti gunners don't understand...firearms are not that hard to use...sure...more training is better than no training....but very little training is no bar from deploying a gun effectively....in most self defense cases, you aren't going to find people who train like navy seals....they tend to be average people with little to no training, and they use the guns to save lives and stop violent criminal attacks....that is why the gun replaced the sword, and spear and why they are so important for the weak, the old, the injured, the ambushed and the individual facing multiple attackers....no other weapon makes people equal the way a gun does....

I am literally masturbating with glee...

That deserves it's own thread in the flame zone.

I am giving facts.
wrong

I don't have to. and given your obvious lack of expertise about firearms tactics you need to STFU.

I teach police officers this stuff, I teach other civilians this stuff. and civilians who are targeted for attack by criminals need more rounds than police officers

you need to prove that there is absolutely NO CHANCE that a civilian who is not a cop will ever NEED more than 10 rounds

and since there is no downside to an HONEST CITIZEN packing 18 rounds in a pistol over 10, prudence demands you have as many or more rounds as the criminals who might attack you

If you really do all those things then you should easily be able to prove actual examples of someone needing a hi cap magazine for defense. Yet clearly you cannot. What we do have are examples of people defending an in fact needing much less. This very thread the man needed 1 shot. In 2 more women successfully defended with 6 shot revolvers.

I provided you a long list of mass shooters using hi cap magzines to kill innocent people. You have provided none of anyone ever need a hi cap magazine for defense. I do not need to prove that somebody might possibly one day need 11 shots. I have already proven that criminals are killing many more innocents than your nonexistent defenders are needing hi cap mags for defense.

Throw in all the people getting hit by strays when gang bangers empty their hi cap magazines and well it is clear MANY more lives would be saved with a hi cap magazine ban than will every be lost by your imaginary person needing more than 10 shots for defense.

A .38 revolver is extremely effective for defense.

This is the definition of "talking out of your ***" A .38 revolver is seen in gun circles as the barest minimum size round for self defense...and is seen as one of the least effective rounds for self defense...the revolver is seen as more reliable than the semi auto...but at the expense of using the weaker .38 round or the less controllable .357 in a snub nose...since the anti gunners are forcing the need to completely conceal a pistol the regular size revolvers in .357 can be difficult to hide on your person...

wrong

If you really do all those things then you should easily be able to prove actual examples of someone needing a hi cap magazine for defense. Yet clearly you cannot. What we do have are examples of people defending an in fact needing much less. This very thread the man needed 1 shot. In 2 more women successfully defended with 6 shot revolvers.

I provided you a long list of mass shooters using hi cap magzines to kill innocent people. You have provided none of anyone ever need a hi cap magazine for defense. I do not need to prove that somebody might possibly one day need 11 shots. I have already proven that criminals are killing many more innocents than your nonexistent defenders are needing hi cap mags for defense.

Throw in all the people getting hit by strays when gang bangers empty their hi cap magazines and well it is clear MANY more lives would be saved with a hi cap magazine ban than will every be lost by your imaginary person needing more than 10 shots for defense.

gang bangers violate the laws moron. only someone with a shit for brains IQ would argue bans would stop people who already cannot own ANY FIREARM from getting one of the 5 billion magazines in the USA that hold more than 10 rounds

can you find any case where someone was saved by a fire extinguisher and if not, does that mean people cannot own them

here is the question-I realize your reputation for truthfulness is non existent as is your willingness to actually answer questions

can you GUARANTEE that NO CITIZEN will ever need .more than ten rounds for self defense?

I have already proven that criminals are killing many more innocents than your nonexistent defenders are needing hi cap mags for defense.

You are wrong...every time a criminal attacks an innocent person that individual has no idea how many rounds it will take to end the encounter...so a standard capacity magazine is the bare minimum an individual should carry...and they should have spares as well...3 or more attackers...nullifies a 5 round revolver and ten rounds just might not do the trick...

But that call is for the person who has to make the decision that their life will depend on...not you...if you want to carry a 5 round revolver...great...leave other people alone...

Not one more bullet, weapon or piece of equipment...

A .38 revolver is extremely effective for defense.

This is the definition of "talking out of your ***" A .38 revolver is seen in gun circles as the barest minimum size round for self defense...and is seen as one of the least effective rounds for self defense...the revolver is seen as more reliable than the semi auto...but at the expense of using the weaker .38 round or the less controllable .357 in a snub nose...since the anti gunners are forcing the need to completely conceal a pistol the regular size revolvers in .357 can be difficult to hide on your person...

We have 2 examples of it being a very effective defensive gun in this very thread. These gun circles seem to be very paranoid and wrong.

Forum List

Back