How's That "Lesser Of Two Evils" Working For Ya?

All signs are indicating the voters of 2024 will have to choose between a low-IQ thieving rapist and a soft-headed octogenarian who walks like his shoelaces are tied together.

This is what happens when we keep picking two evils to choose from. The choices devolve and devolve over time.

When you vote for the lesser of two EVILS, you are still voting for EVIL. This is why I have been writing in random names at the federal level from 2006 to 2014.

In 2016, I voted Ted Cruz in honor of my mother who had died just before the election. She was a Cruz supporter. I am so glad she did not live to see what a black mass of gutter sludge he turned out to be.

In 2020, I voted Libertarian since the Libertarian Party is now closer to my belief system than the hollow shell which used to be the GOP, even though there are several points with which I disagree with the LP.

Only about one-quarter of Americans votes in the primaries. This gives the energetic retards a tactical advantage.

We need EVERYONE to vote in the primaries. The primaries are more important than the general election. This is where we can weed out the maniacs, psychopaths, bigots, and the unqualified. We are allowing the energetic retards to choose which two evils we must pick from in the general.

Another big factor in the election is that voters are choosing who they think can win rather than who is best for America. They vote for the one who can fight the dirtiest, promises the most cash and prizes, and has the best zingers.

So here we are. How's it working for ya?

At the core of the American democratic experiment is the idea that our government derives its power and legitimacy from the consent of the governed. That consent is expressed in its fullest when voters elect their representatives. Yet, as this report shows, every four years, about 80% of eligible voters do not participate in some of the most determinative contests in our democracy: midterm primary elections.

In U.S. elections since 2000, the average turnout rate for primary elections is 27% of registered voters.
Not working very well.
Vote BY shown ABILITY & HONEST EFFORT. not how much propaganda spewed, & not by political party.

I'm serious. There might be some leadership skills (of which Trump has none) that translate, but overall government is a completely different institution with completely different goals.

I am too. I understand this very well.

Irrelevant third party always helps the winner
Do go on. I love hearing people try to work this out rationally. How does not voting for Biden help Trump more than not voting for Trump helps Biden? How do I know which one I'm NOT voting for? It seems I'm NOT voting for both of them. It's all very confusing.

Clearly, I'm just not smart enough to understand why voting for a bad candidate is my best move.

Do go on. I love hearing people try to work this out rationally. How does not voting for Biden help Trump more than not voting for Trump helps Biden? How do I know which one I'm NOT voting for? It's all very confusing. Clearly, I'm just not smart enough to understand why voting for a bad candidate is my best move.
No you aren't smart enough if you believe a third party candidate is a viable choice

No you aren't smart enough if you believe a third party candidate is a viable choice
I don't give a fuck who you, or the media, or anyone else thinks is "viable". How does that justify voting for a bad candidate?

HINT: voting for bad candidates leads to electing bad leaders... the math isn 't difficult.

All signs are indicating the voters of 2024 will have to choose between a low-IQ thieving rapist and a soft-headed octogenarian who walks like his shoelaces are tied together.

This is what happens when we keep picking two evils to choose from. The choices devolve and devolve over time.

When you vote for the lesser of two EVILS, you are still voting for EVIL. This is why I have been writing in random names at the federal level from 2006 to 2014.

In 2016, I voted Ted Cruz in honor of my mother who had died just before the election. She was a Cruz supporter. I am so glad she did not live to see what a black mass of gutter sludge he turned out to be.

In 2020, I voted Libertarian since the Libertarian Party is now closer to my belief system than the hollow shell which used to be the GOP, even though there are several points with which I disagree with the LP.

Only about one-quarter of Americans votes in the primaries. This gives the energetic retards a tactical advantage.

We need EVERYONE to vote in the primaries. The primaries are more important than the general election. This is where we can weed out the maniacs, psychopaths, bigots, and the unqualified. We are allowing the energetic retards to choose which two evils we must pick from in the general.

Another big factor in the election is that voters are choosing who they think can win rather than who is best for America. They vote for the one who can fight the dirtiest, promises the most cash and prizes, and has the best zingers.

At the core of the American democratic experiment is the idea that our government derives its power and legitimacy from the consent of the governed. That consent is expressed in its fullest when voters elect their representatives. Yet, as this report shows, every four years, about 80% of eligible voters do not participate in some of the most determinative contests in our democracy: midterm primary elections.

In U.S. elections since 2000, the average turnout rate for primary elections is 27% of registered voters.
Have you looked at ranked choice voting?

I like the idea. Over the decades, I have begun to like it more and more.

It seems to be the only way to break the gridlock-slash-chokehold.

If we can manage to get widespread adoption of RCV, the lesser-of-two-evils scam will no longer work. It's an uphill battle, but advocates are, wisely, working from the ground up - promoting it at the local and state level first.

Why do you keep pretending 2020 didn't happen?

But we aren't fighting it.

Uh, you guys have to make up your mind here.

Was Covid a fake hoax or was it a devious Chinese Bioweapon meant to get Trump.

The point is, all the bad stuff that happened in 2020 happened on Trump's watch. They were his problem, he didn't deal with it.
So stupid what war did Trump start in 2020?
Funny shit we are funding the war
As for your Covid dodge why did more people died on biden's watch? Why did democrats take so long to reopen their states economy?
Why did democrats start a war on America?

In 2016, any of the other 18 Republican candidates would have better served America and the GOP's alleged values.

I personally preferred John Kasich as he was the chief architect of the balanced federal budget during the Clinton years and then went on as the governor of Ohio to take that state from debt to surplus.

The federal debt is by far the largest national security threat.
I'm an Ohioan and very familiar with Kasich, who I agree, is fiscally sane. I don't like him for other reasons though.

What about now? Is there anyone you have your eye on to support for 2024?

So stupid what war did Trump start in 2020?
Funny shit we are funding the war
As for your Covid dodge why did more people died on biden's watch? Why did democrats take so long to reopen their states economy?
Why did democrats start a war on America?
Trump was happily coasting along on momentum which was underway when he took office.

Then, when finally confronted with a real crisis, he fucked it. He called it a hoax, ignored it, then tried to make it disappear with his magical mind.

Because of this, Trump allowed Covid to gain a significant foothold in America, and a million people are dead because of him.

I'm an Ohioan and very familiar with Kasich, who I agree, is fiscally sane. I don't like him for other reasons though.

What about now? Is there anyone you have your eye on to support for 2024?
There are no more conservatives in the GOP. They have all been vilified and booted to the curb.

So, no, there is no one I have my eye on for 2024. This is where the lesser of two evils has brought us. We are in a doom loop.

Ranked choice voting should begin with the primaries.
We're pushing hard for that, and seeing some success.

Ranked-choice voting is used for state primary, congressional, and presidential elections in Alaska and Maine and for local elections in more than 20 US cities including Cambridge, Massachusetts; San Francisco, California; Oakland, California; Berkeley, California; San Leandro, California; Takoma Park, Maryland; St. Paul, Minnesota; Minneapolis, Minnesota; Santa Fe, New Mexico; Portland, Maine; Las Cruces, New Mexico; and St. Louis Park, Minnesota.[1] New York City is the largest voting population in the US using RCV.

Trump was happily coasting along on momentum which was underway when he took office.

Then, when finally confronted with a real crisis, he fucked it. He called it a hoax, ignored it, then tried to make it disappear with his magical mind.

Because of this, Trump allowed Covid to gain a significant foothold in America, and a million people are dead because of him.
Yep that magic wand Obama said it would take.
If Trump fucked it why were democrats sending the sick to rest homes? Why were certain democrats telling people to come out and party?

Yep that magic wand Obama said it would take.
If Trump fucked it why were democrats sending the sick to rest homes? Why were certain democrats telling people to come out and party?
Trump called Covid a "Democrat hoax".

Then he said it would magically go away.

Then he refused to implement testing because it would make the numbers go up and he believed that would make him look bad. This is just how fucked in the head this man is.

And thus Covid was allowed to run freely without any blocking efforts.

He fucked it. He fucked it bigly.

"This is the new Democrat hoax."

"We think we have it very well under control."

"We’re in very good shape.”

"The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA."

"Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero. That’s a pretty good job we’ve done."

"I’m not concerned at all."

“Wouldn’t it be great to have all the churches full (on Easter)?” You’ll have packed churches all over our country … I think it’ll be a beautiful time.”

"I take no responsibility at all."

Great post

Forum List

Back