🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I disliked Obama's proposed policies and voted against him twice, but I never called for impeachment

So you gents want Trump impeached but you can't explain Trump's impeachable offense. Yea, you guys don't believe in democracy nor in elections nor in respecting the choice of your fellow citizens and certainly not in due process and justice.

Why are you pretending that we haven't explained his impeachable offenses?

Are you trolling?

You've spewed accusations but not an argument.

Got anything else?

I respect our democratic process. I respect the results of our democratic process. I respect the choices for candidates made by my fellow citizens, even if I disagree with their choices.

Anyone who believes it's ok to remove an elected official from office simply because they dislike them doesn't believe in any of what I wrote above. A peaceful, civilized, just society supports ALL of the things I shared above.

I've noticed here and elsewhere that many people are more than ready to trash the elections and our democratic process in order to have Trump removed from office. If you're one of those people, frankly, you scare the shit out of me. With that said, I know there is probably an equal number of people on the right who would have been thrilled to impeach Obama for the simple reason that they disliked him.

Support the democratic process. Respect the results. Respect your fellow citizens. Don't be a totalitarian asshole. Thanks.

There are too many people in the country that do not respect you nor the political process.
They will be assholes, you can count on that. Deal with them accordingly.

He's being impeached for his abuse of power and his attempt to solicit foreign aid in his reelection campaign.

Ok, play prosecutor and make the case.

Call our podcast next Friday. I'll gladly go over the details with you. You know what he has done, though. You know it's wrong and that it is worthy of the current inquiry.

You also know that Trump obstructed justice regarding the investigation into his campaigns dealings with Russia. You've given him a pass for that and SO DID THE DEMS.

Not this time, though. The abuse of power is clear and the facts are SIMPLE enough to break through to those voters who don't pay close attention.

Enjoy the show.

Some of what has been done to Trump has been absolutely and clearly unfair.

But the rest, he has brought on himself. No President has ever behaved like this ever, not even close.

He has insulted and attacked and mocked people in every direction, like a child does on the schoolyard.

He has spat on the dignity of the office, he has spat on any sense of decency and decorum left in DC.

His followers can ignore this, and they can deflect from it, but at some level they have to know this is true.
You better look at your own politicians. It's just that no Repub or very few have spouted back at you. You are not used to it and it is refreshing to be the sender then the sendee.
Great. Be refreshed.

No one has ever acted like this, and at some level, you know it.

People react. They're reacting. He's not a victim.

Ok, so you disagree with my OP and support impeaching officials that you dislike.
There are two parts to this.

First is the fact that he has chosen to motivate his political opponents to go after him like no President ever has, ever. His juvenile behavior has been abhorrent, and he has gone out of his way to bring the heat on himself.

Second is what they have on him. Neither you nor I know what we'll ultimately see in the Articles of Impeachment, and that will be what they use to get him. Is this political? Of course. Is it partisan? Of course.

But has done everything he can to motivate these people, and all the denial and deflection in the world can't change that.

Impeachment is not based on disliking some president's policies. It is based on misconduct in office. Nobody sought to impeach Dubya. He was not the brightest light on the porch, many of his policies sucked and caused damage, but he was never linked to misconduct in office.

So why trump? It's obvious.

What is Trump's impeachable offense?
Soliciting foreign governments to help him in his personal quest for re-election against a U.S. political rival. Conditioning the release of U.S. taxpayer funds on compliance with this demand. Conduct of a shadow back-channel "foreign policy" involving almost solely the efforts of an individual who is not even a government employee. Efforts to obstruct Congress in the exercise of its legitimate powers. Failure to comply with U.S. laws, in a number of ways. Lots more.

Don't be obtuse.

This fake Impeachment is purely to influence the 2020 reelection of Trump. There will be NO VOTE for Articles in the House as that would send it to the Senate where there would be a real trial with discovery and cross examination. The Democrats don't want that as they know there is no evidence nor facts against Trump.

The Democrats will just TALK about Impeachment, right up to the point where Trump is reelected.

There will be a vote in the house and articles will.be sent to the Senate.

This fake Impeachment is purely to influence the 2020 reelection of Trump. There will be NO VOTE for Articles in the House as that would send it to the Senate where there would be a real trial with discovery and cross examination. The Democrats don't want that as they know there is no evidence nor facts against Trump.

The Democrats will just TALK about Impeachment, right up to the point where Trump is reelected.

I hope it happens, but I doubt it gets there.

Impeachment is not based on disliking some president's policies. It is based on misconduct in office. Nobody sought to impeach Dubya. He was not the brightest light on the porch, many of his policies sucked and caused damage, but he was never linked to misconduct in office.

Soliciting foreign governments to help him in his personal quest for re-election against a U.S. political rival. Conditioning the release of U.S. taxpayer funds on compliance with this demand. Conduct of a shadow back-channel "foreign policy" involving almost solely the efforts of an individual who is not even a government employee. Efforts to obstruct Congress in the exercise of its legitimate powers. Failure to comply with U.S. laws, in a number of ways. Lots more.

Don't be obtuse.

It's not a crime to ask a foreign government to investigate potential malfeasance by former government officials.

What else ya got?

Maybe in September or October to create more turmoil just before the election. The Democrats have NOTHING because there is NOTHING.

I hope it happens, but I doubt it gets there.

You are exhibiting wishful thinking. Trump will be impeached. He will not be convicted.

Maybe in September or October to create more turmoil just before the election. The Democrats have NOTHING because there is NOTHING.

Silly nutter. The house will take a vote on articles before the year is out unless the GOP finds some way to delay the proceedings.

Democrats still believe Trump revealing their crimes is a crime.

Don't be obtuse.

It's not a crime to ask a foreign government to investigate potential malfeasance by former government officials.

What else ya got?

Again, a crime is not needed for impeachment. But that's not what Trump did here. He sought an announcement of an investigation into his political rival for personal gain. That's abuse of power. That's impeachable.

If you make the accusation, you have to be able to back it up. Your inability to do so makes you, frankly, just full of shit.

Don't be obtuse.

What else ya got?

Again, a crime is not needed for impeachment. But that's not what Trump did here. He sought an announcement of an investigation into his political rival for personal gain. That's abuse of power. That's impeachable.

I am sure American people will be fine with democrats impeaching a president for beating them so badly in an election.

#Trumpslide2020.

Forum List

Back