I Feel Sorry For Democrats

The problem we Republicans have is that these poor people will vote for anybody that promises to take money away from somebody else to give to them. That tactic would be brought to a halt if everybody had to contribute.

With my consumption tax suggestion, if you want socialized health care, then we all pay more tax. If you want free college, then we all pay more tax. If you want to go to war with ISIS, then we all pay more tax. If you want to give 45 million Americans food stamps, then we all pay more tax.

Our social programs are out of control, and the reason is Democrats promise to give goodies to the majority at the expense of the minority, therefore, the minority has no way to protect themselves from this robbery.

If everybody had to pay for all these goodies, you would see how less compassionate those Democrats would be, and we would finally be able to reign in our excessive social program spending.
Sounds like your ulterior motive for wanting a consumption tax is to get rid of pesky social programs you don't want.

No, my only point is that if our federal government is going to spend money for those social programs, we should all have to pay for them. By everybody having a dog in the fight, we wouldn't be pitting one group of Americans against another like Democrats are used to doing. In short, also known as Vote Buying.

If there is no vote buying, then we as American citizens can collectively decide if we all want these programs and are willing to pay for them. If everybody is willing to pay for them, fine with me. I could care less how many social programs we have. But when we allow voters to vote money out of the pockets of other people to benefit them, then it's downright theft.
So the Republicans are buying votes by promising to cut taxes, is that what you're saying?

No because tax cuts don't cost anybody anything. Promising people that the government will allow them to keep more of what they rightfully earned is not vote buying.
yes it is . it's an incentive to garner more votes. Works just as well as money ...
That's what I'm sayin'.

The problem we Republicans have is that these poor people will vote for anybody that promises to take money away from somebody else to give to them. That tactic would be brought to a halt if everybody had to contribute.

With my consumption tax suggestion, if you want socialized health care, then we all pay more tax. If you want free college, then we all pay more tax. If you want to go to war with ISIS, then we all pay more tax. If you want to give 45 million Americans food stamps, then we all pay more tax.

Our social programs are out of control, and the reason is Democrats promise to give goodies to the majority at the expense of the minority, therefore, the minority has no way to protect themselves from this robbery.

If everybody had to pay for all these goodies, you would see how less compassionate those Democrats would be, and we would finally be able to reign in our excessive social program spending.

Give poor people jobs and they will vote Republican forever

What is stopping you?

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. There are plenty of jobs out there but the lazy society suckers are sitting at home in front of their big screen with their Obama phone. They don't want to work because in many cases, being on the dole is just as advantageous as working.

The only way some of these people will take a job is if there are no other choices. But given the choice, they will stay unemployed.
total bullshit !
there are not near enough jobs to go around.
the rest except the "Obama phone" is a right tard myth.

There may not be enough jobs for every American, but there are certainly enough job openings that are not being filled. Does it make sense that employers are looking for workers, but the people that are capable of working are sitting home on government programs?
again that's bullshit .

ATA: ‘Driver Shortage’ Likely To Reach 48,000 By The End of The Year

Employers can't find enough skilled labor to fill jobs
Hundreds of thousands of U.S. high-tech factory jobs are not filled because employers can't find qualified people

6 industries that can’t find workers fast enough
By
Catey Hill
Published: Dec 20, 2014 12:11 p.m. ET

So the Republicans are buying votes by promising to cut taxes, is that what you're saying?

dear, when you promise to allow people to keep their own money you are not buying anything since money does not change hands.
When you promise welfare money for a vote you are buying something for money. Got it now???
Nope, either way people get more money in their pocket. Seems both are buying votes.

dear, when you promise to allow people to keep their own money you are not buying anything since money does not change hands.
When you promise welfare money for a vote you are buying something for money. Got it now???
Nope, either way people get more money in their pocket. Seems both are buying votes.

it would be like saying a store owner gets more money in his pocket when the crook does not rob him!!

it would be like saying a store owner gets more money in his pocket when the crook does not rob him!!
Taxes are not robbery, Crazy Eddie.

ah but welfare recipients get money from govt in the electoral process while taxpayers lose money to govt in the electoral process.

Letting the recipients decide how much bailout money they get is stupid, invites moral hazard, and is 100% liberal.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."
-Benjamin Franklin

ah but welfare recipients get money from govt in the electoral process while taxpayers lose money to govt in the electoral process.

Letting the recipients decide how much bailout money they get is stupid, invites moral hazard, and is 100% liberal.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."
-Benjamin Franklin
How do tax payers lose money if they elect a president who cuts their taxes? Seems to me that's the politician putting more money in the tax payers' pocket.

Seems to me that's the politician putting more money in the tax payers' pocket.
dear, money goes into the welfare recipients pocket and out of the tax payers pocket. Does the politican use his own money and put it into the taxpayers pocket??

See how stupid you are??

dear, money goes into the welfare recipients pocket and out of the tax payers pocket. Does the politican use his own money and put it into the taxpayers pocket??

See how stupid you are??
Not really, no. Bush put extra money in my pocket when he got elected in the form of tax rebates and tax cuts. And I'm fairly certain it wasn't his own money.

See how stupid you are??
Not really, no. Bush put extra money in my pocket when he got elected in the form of tax rebates and tax cuts. And I'm fairly certain it wasn't his own money.

Now you're starting to catch on.

See how stupid you are??

no the fool is not catching on he thinks it was Bushs money! He does not realize the "extra" money he got was his own money all along.

See how stupid you are??

no the fool is not catching on he thinks it was Bushs money! He does not realize the "extra" money he got was his own money all along.
No further proof was needed that you're crazy, Crazy Eddie. Who knows what you read in my posts to conclude I think Bush reached down into his own pocket to fill mine with money? :cuckoo:

See how stupid you are??

No further proof was needed that you're crazy, Crazy Eddie. Who knows what you read in my posts to conclude I think Bush reached down into his own pocket to fill mine with money? :cuckoo:

Stupid liberal: "Bush put extra money in my pocket"

Give poor people jobs and they will vote Republican forever

What is stopping you?

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. There are plenty of jobs out there but the lazy society suckers are sitting at home in front of their big screen with their Obama phone. They don't want to work because in many cases, being on the dole is just as advantageous as working.

The only way some of these people will take a job is if there are no other choices. But given the choice, they will stay unemployed.
total bullshit !

There may not be enough jobs for every American, but there are certainly enough job openings that are not being filled. Does it make sense that employers are looking for workers, but the people that are capable of working are sitting home on government programs?
again that's bullshit .

Hundreds of thousands of U.S. high-tech factory jobs are not filled because employers can't find qualified people

By
Catey Hill

You just proved my point the operative word being Skilled.
How many of those companies train?
Answer not many.

total bullshit !

again that's bullshit .

By
Catey Hill

You just proved my point the operative word being Skilled.
How many of those companies train?
Answer not many.

IBM became largest company in human history in computers long before schools offered computer science. If a company needs a skill they will obviously teach that skill rather than go bankrupt

Forum List

Back